/vn/ - Master Edition

Visual Novel General #1654

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous Thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion and don't shitpost OELVN's in our general.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/3FmSQYt.jpg
moresoft-info.jp/monako/kimioto/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who else /ddlc/ here

Wine is the best I tell you.

I love you, /vn/!

4st for this OP is a gay faggot nigger who makes threads early

When you think about it, it's actually really fucked up that Mito made a clone of his wife give birth to clones of herself for several hundred years just so he could always have her around

Good dog.

Wasn't this supposed to be out already

No, it has said Oct 3th for a while

so when does someone know when to make a new thread

There's nothing with with that.

>dedective game
>protag is a terrible dedective
what is the point of this? are all noir movies like this?

;_;

since when did we remove the link to vnts? was there any particular reason why we did?

Puting the next Denpasoft Saku Saku aside, how the fuck I can solve this captcha if the human eyes can't see the ultraviolet lights?

>if there are none, click skip

by using the legacy captcha you poophead

I never skip anything, so the lights must be there (or somewhere)

>character thinks something they absolutely should say
>says something incredibly stupid instead
>the stupid thing gets him in trouble
Genocide all VN MCs

>not using legacy captcha

Why are you doing this to yourself?

That's just google trying to get you to identify images for them

Because we don't want to give them traffic

Oops, didnt see other thread was at limit because i am filthy phoneposter. I have a tendency to fall in love with the first heroine so even though i have no complaints about Ai and Maki is autism-chan i really hope her route is translated next.

yes, Genocide is fun

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKIN

So are there any VNs where you can genocide everything?

The picture above bad end is a picture of the MC

>the first captcha to determine if you are a human
>more captchas to improve google's neural networks
you are doing them wrong, right anons?

Kawakami looks so comfy

I wish I was Japanese but not really

>game has logical option and incredibly stupid option
>picking the logical option leads to bad ends

one of the endings in Saya no Uta

I am a dense motherfucker, i guess maki is next. Yay me. Also took a look at vndb i guess the best girl without a route is yoiko.
Literally undertale

>pick my choices based on what I think the MC would choose
>end up with the girl least fitting for the MC
i fucking hate this shit

>van route never
this just isnt fair. he was the broest of them all

What can you do, most vn protagonists would make poor choices, we probably would too in their situation.

i.imgur.com/3FmSQYt.jpg
s-sweat
moresoft-info.jp/monako/kimioto/gallery/

DDLC

fuck

so what are the odds of this getting tl'd before i die

>Only route is a Bad End just with a fuckton of H

It's not fair bros. She deserved a real route

>Also took a look at vndb i guess the best girl without a route is yoiko.
Fandisc bait

I need more vns with actual nee-san route.

>Bad End just with a fuckton of H
Is it good H, or bad rapey H?

wrong thread

I figured. It was apparent that it was similar to majikoi in that respect (and others, obviously). Kind of surprised that theyd go with azusa over some other choices, though, like class president-chan or hanako(looking at vndb again)

Good H. It's only a bad end by technicality

Oh you mean other than literally all of them?
Are you implying that rapey is always bad?

How bad? Relationship is over and will never be possible because it's incest bad?

>Oh you mean other than literally all of them?
There aren't too many nee-san VNs out there. I mean they exist but not too many translated either. Also it's largely in nukige. The low-hanging fruit is imouto routes

I wish I had a sister that loved me platonically

>Relationship is over and will never be possible because it's incest bad?
i hate that meme so much
are there any vns where you get to marry your blood-related imouto

Well, they didn't get married but they plan to

I expected this route to be underwhelming since I saved it for last but it's been pretty cute so far.

Amane is still best girl, though.

Chrono Clock, sort of. You don't get to actually do it but it's foregone conclusion because of time shenanigans.

Also I haven't actually played it but I think you can in Boob Wars 2?

Fixed

That is fair, i hadnt put that much thought in it.
That isnt a meme, that is real life. But even so there are at least a few. Hoshimemo comes to mind, i dont remember if you literally get married during the route to chinami but you end up with her, happy end etc.

By the way, that child will be legit retarded

my heart

nice

>That isnt a meme, that is real life.
it's a real life meme and it's a bullshit meme, in real life but especially in escapist fantasy where anything should go

Just how old are the characters in Utawarerumono? They all seem to have long lifespans and retain their youth for so long, I just can't tell. For example, how old would Anju be? Or Kiwru? Hell, how fast do they age? Do they just age slowly and spend a lot of time in "childhood", or do they age normally until they hit puberty/mid-teens?

If Honoka is any indication, the clones/proxies have really long lifespans. He might have only done it a couple, or maybe a handful of times.

Now that Ikikoi and SubaHibi are translated, all we need is Supreme Candy to get TLed and we'll have the whole Karory collection

Chrono Clock genuinely surprised me with how good Michiru route was. Literally felt like reading about a cute young family and by the end, I wanted more moments between all 3 of them.

was karory the amatuer cosplayer one?

Vns are not just escapist fantasy. For every 1 escapist fantasy vns i have read ay least 2 bildungsroman style vns, and that is essentially just from random sampling of what is available, since i dont just like one or the other. Bildungsroman vns are super duper common

I'm the opposite, I would've liked to see a lot more romance between the two of them or time-travelling and that route lacks both. I find the presence of lil' Mitcher to be a complete distraction and the whole thing just makes their entire romance feel like it has to happen in order for the child to be born, rather than something that happens naturally. The family aspect is nice but not what I was looking for at all. It wasn't as bad as Makoto's route but it was close.

At least Makoto had some of the best h-scenes, Michiru's were pretty bad.

Excuse your French.

I feel like the only one who actually kind of liked Makoto's route.

I actually read the hole thing translated in Spanish

i wasn't implying it's all escapist fantasy, but a lot of it is and yet even those ones that are still frequently don't allow brother/sister romance because of bullshit ethical concerns that, aside from being bullshit to begin with, have no place in escapist fantasy whatsoever
drugging, gangrape, and forced prostitution? ok
people literally killing each other, ripping their guts out, and eating them? yeah w/e
shitting dicknipples? who cares
a brother and a sister holding hands and being happy? OVER THE FUCKING LINE

>barely any romance
>what little there was wasn't genuine
>existence of second watch devalues protagonist's gimmick and should have broader implications but doesn't
>true end Makoto is permanently ruined as a result

It's partly because of my expectations but I hated that fucking route. I wanna see some fucking romance, not chuuni levels of supernatural shit. I did Makoto's first, followed by Michiru's, and by the end of those two I was dying for some straightforward romance. Thankfully Misaki's provided just that.

With all due respect user, your opinion is absolute dog shit. Getting a glimpse of the family mc will have with his imouto was genuinely great and elevated Michiru route well above the other girls.

She was already the purely devoted, super in love type so honestly having more romance would be redundant, the way it's handled made for a compelling story while making their romance relevant without making it feel like she was completely dependent on her onii-chan.

Pretty sure it is german, dont mean to be condescending but it's the easiest shortest way to describe a coming-of-age story where the ultimate destination is that the protagonist finds their place in adult society.
I think your comparison is casting a pretty excessive net, i mean i get your point but on the other hand there is plenty of that fetish already out there and even in some of the mainstream titles. Is it gonna be in every vn? Of course not, because that is cultural taboo that is even grounded in real consequences.

every major girl gets a marriage ending, and 3 of those are family endings.

>That isnt a meme, that is real life.
Nope. It's a meme.

I disagree entirely, the family aspect just lets them skip the actual romance. The MC never actually falls in love with Michiru on his own, the daughter is involved every step of the way. Totally lame and unnatural. The issue with Michiru was that the MC didn't love her, and by the end of the route it feels like he loves her because of the family element rather than actually being in love with her. A lame excuse for an imouto route, it's like they didn't have the gonads to have him match her advances. Michiru works way better as a side character, especially in Misaki's route.

It's not like it really matters, though. In terms of romance no one even comes close to Cro.

>Looking Glass Insect

Boner no

I don't think you understood anything about Michiru route because mc was plenty close with her by the end; the outside element that brought them closer was much better handled compared to every other route (Cro included, the way they handled all the timeline and memories getting mashed together was a cope out).

It was the best route specifically because of that family atmosphere.

is it weird that I right clicked to hide the textbox?

>Trying to guiltrip me for doing other girls later when you put this kind of shit in the common route

For what purpose

i get what you're saying, and i don't need it to be in every vn, i just wish there wasn't such a strong aversion to it in stories whose main purpose is to make people happy

Don't make the mistake of reading the good end first.

Yeah. Too late.

Maybe I should play subahibi

No, but it is pretty funny.

As long as you are prepared to separate your life into pre and post Subahibi periods. No VN will ever be the same or something

i want to marry a spaceship

Exactly, he was closer to her because of some outside influence instead of just falling in love with her. How is that not a cop-out? If anything it feels like they're guilted into being together or else the kid will never be born. I read this stuff for the romance, not the "family atmosphere". It's one big excuse to skip the actual romance and it does nothing but drag the route and game down. If I wanted family atmosphere I'd go to the local park, not play a fucking eroge.

only if you are a fag

>ywn rest by the riverside with your bros as you talk about stupid shit

Except there was plenty of romance between them, it just wasn't overblown into pure annoyance like Misaki.

Your opinion has to be the shittest I've ever seen in this thread.

>Pick my choices based on what I'd really do
>Get bad end / forever alone route

Suffering

>pick my choices randomly without looking at the screen
>harem route

this guy gets it
all breasts of all sizes are great, but the greatest ones of all are the ones attached to the girl you love

All of the romance is centered around the kid, the route immediately turns into faux parent simulator before being revealed to be a real parent simulator at the end.

Which is fine, I just prefer to see the two characters actually fall and be in love instead of just having the proof of their eventual love shoved in my face. This is what I would read for family atmosphere, not an eroge about porking my sister.

Yes!

And you fail to understand how redundant that would be given Michiru attitude toward her nii-san who -does- genuinely fall in love with her, not coerced into it as you seem to imply.

Fuck outta here with your shit taste. Family life eroge is true patrician moege.

What does /vn/ think of buddling breasts who're somewhat small but evidently growing?

breasts are truly wonderful

you two should get married

all breasts are great
all breasts
small ones are wonderful too