/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/the-fall-classic/events/tekken-7/brackets?filter={"phaseId":155450}
youtube.com/watch?v=05HsTlEN-uo
youtube.com/watch?v=koATLpGBTig
youtube.com/watch?v=887NNwSM8yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this game is dogshit eat shit kekken brainlets

kekken 7: pee pee poo poo

Fall Classic Top 8 Just started
smash.gg/tournament/the-fall-classic/events/tekken-7/brackets?filter={"phaseId":155450}

>They kicked Mvci off stage to let Tekken start

>Asuka will never be real and love me

KA

>eddyken

remember when naps destroyed anakin?

i was just thinking you see a good amount of eddys in high level play

once tekken matures, I bet people are going to complain about eddy next

lmao freeo win

nooooooooo

Did the new character panel art get ripped yet? Specifically the Nina one.

Who's this soundcloud rapper

What the fuck is Tyman doing? That's some of the worst Feng play I've ever seen.

how good is joey in comparison to top level American players like jimmy and anakin?

A step below them. He is good, easily one of the best in the country, but he's not a world class player and will get bodied by Korean/Japanese players.

he's after them

so is Jimmy pretty much our only hope against Koreans, then?

NA tiers go like this

SS: Jimmy. Look at King of Iron Fist 2016 footage, he's competitive with Koreans.
S: Anakin
A+: Joey Fury
B: Speedkicks

And no one else matters

correct

Jimmy and Anakin, yeah. Maybe, MAYBE Speedkicks can go even against some but really it's all on Naps and Anakin for any chance of Americans winning the tour.

legit question, would anyone here be ok with playing against Pokchop if he acted like a straight up dick like he usually does? i've been to tournaments before and i've seen people get wild and that's fine but i've straight up never seen anyone act like he does sometimes. dude can mug at the camera all he wants but don't get up in my shit.

Yeah, he seems fun to play against.

what holds speedkicks back

If I could I would bet my life savings that Japan/Korea is going to win this tour. It's just how it is.

how the fuck is Jimmy so good? i've never seen a fighting game dominated by Japan/Korea where an American has ever stepped up to the plate like he does in Tekken.

What's wrong with Pokchop? He's not a chimp like LTG.

he's not asian

all yall americans are fucking stupid lmaooo im fucking dead play me euros btw and suck me off too

Anakin has really struggled against Koreans of late, hes admitted it himself. If he can get over that mental block he can definitely compete with them.

Speedkicks is just inconsistent. Like hes scrubbed out of some NA tournaments. When he's on top of his game though he's a really good player.

i mean granted he's better than LTG like i don't think Pokchop is trying to fight anyone or start a problem but he's just being a straight asshole when he beat Real Law in that exhibition @ Final Round 19.

i don't mind if people pop off but he seems like a sore ass winner.

What are you even talking about? He's never rude or disrespectful.

pokchop pop offs are solely for the crown/himself

he doesnt disrespect the other player unless the other talks shit also

fuck off french cunt lmao

inconsistent. nerves.

he's good though. he makes Hwoarang, a difficult character to play at high level in tournaments, look straight up monstrous. that alone should tell you Speedkicks is good. just doesn't have the most consistent play. when he's on though i'd argue he looks better than Joey.

hahahaha bro you mad asl blow me

He's newer to the game, to my understanding he started in TTT2. Speedkicks has good game plans but he's absolute garbage at thinking on his feet, if you sniff out what he's doing or out play him he seems to just crumble.

No shit, everyone would.

Jimmy is an extremely legacy player. He's been playing practically the entire length of the franchise to my knowledge. He's got raw talent, skill, and he's even gone and lived in Japan (Korea too I think) and gotten a lot of training abroad.

Side note, can Noroma or Knee officially pick up Feng? I'm so sick of all the Fengs ending up in top 8s being so unimpressive to watch. NA Feng players are especially garbage.

Oh come the fuck on real law is a notorious shit talking excuse making fuccboi bitch. I guess you missed all the parts where he straight up called pokchop trash and whatnot despite getting his ass handed to him.

youtube.com/watch?v=05HsTlEN-uo i think he seems disrespectful here.

maybe Real Law talked shit before hand, i don't know the whole story.

Well I don't know how long you've followed Tekken but the disparity between the US and Korea and to a lesser extent Japan wasn't always this big in previous Tekkens. Back when the US had arcades in T6 US had access to the game much earlier and Jimmy was playing back then and even earlier Tekken games. So he just has a wealth of game knowledge from playing for well over a decade and hes really diligent about knowing the frame data and optimizing the situations presented to him.

I miss lucifer

he did

>betting on the two best regions
yeah, no shit

i didn't know that and i now retract what i said earlier.

That's part 2 mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=koATLpGBTig
youtube.com/watch?v=887NNwSM8yo

yeah regional differences will do that. that's where the Third Strike disparity came from.

This. Real Law is a notorious bitch, a lot of players have talked about how annoying he is.

that's my bad then. i thought he was just some dude who popped off to be a prick but if that's just how he does it that's fine.

And if Real Law was talking shit earlier then he honestly just got what was coming to him.

>paulkken

Why does rip have all of these stupid fucking noises?

is Joey about to lose to spero paul?

BING BAM BOOOOM

He's a Law main.

he's a law player

i don't like Aris stream at all, but i fully admit he's the best Tekken commentator for blending color commentary and game knowledge.

his commentary personality is miles better than his streaming one

Joey is so fucking boring to watch but god damn if I don't respect his defense. Dude is straight up a wall.

suck my fucking dick fucking retard

yeah suck his dick retard

His streaming persona has steadily changed as hes gotten more popular. All the "don't talk to me" "hey shut up" "200 word essay" "keep it down there will ya" etc etc only started as he got bigger. But I guess that's just the consequence of becoming a popular stream. Can't fault him for it since streaming is his source of income.

Dude it's not even comparable. I love Aris commentary persona. He speaks super clearly, his jokes all land, AND he's been playing Tekken so long that he can give player info and general character info.

I don't know what the fuck is going on with his streaming persona.

>let's give Bruce's extremely violent fighting style to a girl who cries constantly

Josie has to be the worst example of a characters whose moveset does not fit her fighting style.

no suck my dick retard fuck that other guy

I just don't get the whole crying thing. I feel like her character is the big issue, make her either a timid girl who can go ballistic or make it a front and she's actually extremely sadistic.

*whose personality does fit the moveset/fighting style

I haven't played the story mode or her character episode so I have no idea how she actually is aside from her intros/outros where shes a total cry baby but its just jarring to how she is in game with her moveset. And I think you could easily make the argument she has the most violent throws in the game.

>or make it a front and she's actually extremely sadistic.
Masochistic you mean.

SPEEDKICKS UP ON JIMMY WAT

WAKE UP MR KUCK

>the mr naps AI cant comprehend law

glad im not the only one

>Rip fangirling like crazy over the Law pick and play

Kek

>midscreen TJU in winners final of a tournament

jesus

>that fucking Rip yell after the rage art

AWOWOOJU!*()TJ!*()#TJ*(!#

What the fuck is going on?

holy shit naps is losing to speedkicks law what universe is this

Jimmy is about to lose

There is something hilarious about Jimmy being psyched out by Law.

some change his fucking name back to Mr. Naps right now because he's asleep as hell in this match what the fuck JIMMY

jimmy woke up. giving kicks false hope lmao

Speedkicks already downloaded, ggs

No match for the Naps ai

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE

downroad comprete

because Jimmy is such a rock and plays Bryan at such a high level but he's just losing to some easy Law shit

well was losing to easy Law shit

>SpeedKICKS
>Steve

Is this seriously happening

Speedkicks knows he cannot beat Jimmy in any battle of tactics or thinking, so instead he has adapted to an escalating scale of rush down and aggression.

Speedkicks had sold his soul to the devil to become unga itself.

Speedkicks trying to slow down Naps' assimilation with the character shuffling.

SPEEDKICKS YOU FOOL

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LMAO SPEEDSHIT

get reverse sweeped speedshit C L A P P E D

Well as Rip and Sajam also mentioned Jimmy internally thinks that Law is a top 3 character so its obvious he was overthinking the pick early on.

lmao joey fffshit

WAIT JOEY ENLIMINATED BY POKCHOP HOLY

Pokchop playing out of his mind

If you guys don't know Pokchop has beaten Speedkicks multiple times this year.

what if pokchop beats jimmy?

No one in this tournament can go two bo5s against Jimmy without him downloading them