/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #973 - Sonic says smoking is cool Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_o5bQ3SzMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smoking isn't cool

Silver a SHIT
A SHIT

Good job, retard.

Rude desu.

damn ant size image

you tryin' to kill my poor toaster, user?

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

No he's not! He's cute! CUTE!

>I had a grand epiphany about the Sonic franchise that must be discussed
Sparky is that you?

Okay user, what is this huge thing that must be discussed that we had to have three threads up at once for

Knuckles hates smoking.

Because his entire reace went out for smokes and never came back. And left him watching a rock.

Heavy Magician's big, fat, round belly!

>I'm fucking out of it
does sparky do drugs? I swear he said he doesn't but I could be wrong

So cute, who's the artist?
Also, Buddy is submissive to Sonic.What did the artist mean by this?

*carry*

Don't preach to me about smoking you rat faced mutant I'm a goddamned machine what do I care about health risks I ain't even got lungs stupid freak baby how do we keep losing to you for fuck's sake unbelievable

/sthg/ and it's fucking boogeymans.. no I'm not this Sparky cunt so shut up about that.
To be honest, I just want to discuss the lore and subtle undertones of the story in Sonic games, more specifically, the games from 1998-2009. Anyway, ironic the thread edition is about smoking, because I had this epiphany when I was really fucking out of it one day.
I just *got it* in that moment in time. How depressing my life was and how cruel people are. I had *got it*, but it was gone just as quickly as it came. Until today, on another one of those fucking 06 wasn't that bad threads on /v/, some user posted this
"Sonic 06 really succeeds at being a game that delves deep into its ideas, and places them front and centre. Sonic 06 puts a lot of time and energy into its fiction; it's a game that clearly knows how to be subtextual, how to ask players to read between the lines of what its characters say and do, to read the framing of a situation and the tone of its presentation. Even Bioshock relies on its bombastic ideologues who act as ideological containers, and its crass archetypes to construct its politics, but Sonic 06 understands the world as a place of conflicted people whose complex desires stem from complex circumstances. It's Sonic 06's refusal to give us easy answers to the difficult problems of its world that demonstrates its artistic maturity."
Those are basically my thoughts and feelings put into words. Can anyone else fabricate an elaborate explanation similar to that one for SA1 and Heroes?

Buddy is a fucking tall nerd with a nice butt. You tell me, user.

Holy shit. Fuck off.

Don't forget this ratfaced bastard's best friend fucks babies and eats shit.

If this isn't a pasta, it should be.

"The ultimate goal of Mephiles is to merge with Iblis. It is his ultimate spiritual purpose, to become a whole Solaris again. And he's able to do so, with relatively little effort, by antagonizing and taking advantage of the flaws and weaknesses of Sonic 06's characters. Mephiles is the one who wins Sonic 06. In many ways he's already won and there is no point where his plans are under serious threat. This is why Sonic 06's religious allusions are important; the game is textualized by an overarching, spiritual sense of inevitability. In Sonic 06, the world is not determined or altered by the will or aspirations of its people. The world is predictable, and those who live in are defined by their past and their circumstance. And nowhere is this clearer than with the easy victory of Mephiles, a character who I think is a reflection of Sonic The Hedgehog's interest in Godly inevitability. "

user, I think you need to get some sleep

kek

This must be the backstory of Boom Knuckles

This thread is going to be the death of me, I can't stop laughing

I'm logging the fuck out.

Does that mean he will go through with all of Sonic's commands that are given?

don't give him any more (you)'s. fucking unbelievable that we had a bunch of threads up for his post that he believes will get him so many (you)'s that it's sparky level bullshit on how he's getting them. fuck him and his pseudo enlightment bullshit

"Sonic 06 isn’t a game where heroes come to save the day; it’s a game about the despair and emptiness that defines those who designate themselves as heroes."

This. Just don't pay anymore attention to those posts & get some rest, /sthg/

Ladys and gentlehogs i think weve got a new Sparky.

Roger that, chief.

Most likely.
I'm gonna write softcore fic about this.

Let's try to steer things back to how they were. Any more requests? Still drawfagging.

I knew it. This general is full of circle jerking pretentious fucking losers that'd rather talk about their ugly ass Sage and Bump OC's and that deader than dead niche comic. Only reason I bothered coming here with my shit is because I do remember some lore fags dropping some great insight every now and then, but I also remember that those guys were ridiculed to hell and back. You cocksuckers all deserve a painful death.

Knuckles & Tails fist bumping. I need more pics of those two interacting

Buddy and Sonic making out.

Do you mind this style?

Amy as an egg boss

I'd feel bad asking for more buddy

This works. Do this.

They style is nice.
Overanthromorphisized Knuckles looks like shit though.

gross

>Those lips on rouge
[Dread]

Okey fuck it , 2006 is an AMAZING concept of a game
I am so hype for the 2006 pc project , even more hype than Mania or Sonic 2 HD
2006 is the perfect balance with semi boost + adventure gameplay.
Shadow story is fucking amazing + Silver story didn't needed Blaze
Sonic story needs a fixing and he needs to act like Sonic and not like some mediocre Mario rejected.
I am so pissed that the fucking demo looks and plays better than the final product.
youtube.com/watch?v=E_o5bQ3SzMM
This is how modern sonic needs to play , not just boost + boost + homing attack and win ,repeat.
I am so pissed SEGA gave up so quick with this gameplay , i like boost but the reason why 2D gameplay still here is because 3D boost levels are short as fuck. Unleashed is 34 min at best of boost levels and then you have the werewolf shit. Sonic colors the same , short boost levels and then 2D pacing to get extra hours.Generations? The absolute same , 35 min at best of pure boost levels.
This is the BIG REAL PROBLEM with boost gameplay , you need a gimmick or you are selling basically a short as fuck game for a big price.
This is why so important to have different gameplays and why Adventure/Adventure 2 different type of gameplays need to come back , because is the only solution to have a good pacing levels with different characters and not just a fucking 2d platform without even the semblance to the philosophy of "classic gameplay" which is speed and control to get access to new and faster areas.

Are we getting any Forces news at comic con this week?

I'm gonna derail the fuck out of this thread if you guys don't start talking about the lore. Fucking idiots, you gonna sit there and talk shit to me for wanting to talk about the games in a general for Sonic? You all need a good ass beating.

Yes, that's great, but what did you *GET*, user?

What artist is this?

Cosmo!

Likely not. I think a lot of the big focus will be on the IDW comic, in terms of Sonic news.

He's trying to get replies. Ignore him.

@191112249
Only reply you'll get from me. you want lore? pic related is lore. the echidna egyptians in sa2 is lore. what you posted was some existential shit mirroring on evangelion autism

I want Peep to butt bump with Bump

not that great to me. sonic characters can vary in size but my favorite proportions are when the characters are 3.5 heads

someone post more fashionable sonic pictures. I love when they wear dresses and suits

Ah, okay. Forgive me, that was bonkers enough that I just had to stop for a sec instead of reading the rest of the thread.

>Sonic The Hedgehog from IDW is coming out next year!
>drops mic
>faint droning noise
>Sonic Mascot: I fucking hate this world and the human wor-
>lizuka spreading more divisive "lore" in a desperate attempt to save his job
>talks about green hill zone for the 67th time
>Ian smiling, but dead on the inside.
>Jontron is there and he's in the bathroom making high pitched ECH noises whenever someone approaches the stall for an hour straight before disappearing
>nakamura looking fucking dead inside.

reading comprehension skills are lacking
>A guy is trying to discuss lore
>Ignore him!
Kill yourself

The more human-like designs are intentional for this series which is more gritty.

It's fine.

Stop posting ant pictures!

They clean up nice.

I think I prefer the boom proportions the most now. They animate so well too.

>caring about 2006 lore
>when fucking 2006 got retcon/deleted
i bet he also think Generations/Runners are part of the Lore

What's the fucking point of making them animals if they're that human? It seriously just looks wrong having the cartoony Sonic faces on those otherwise realistic human bodies.

>they changed it for Mania to fit with the return to the S1-style sprite

user, he's already threatening to derail the thread if people don't listen to him. Just leave him be.

Also get some sleep, /sthg/. You have a big week ahead of you

Good, I shall read it when your done writing it. Are you the same user who plan on writing that SonicxBuddy fanfic after finishing a sontails fanfic. It was going to be about the idea a few anons had of Sonic and Buddy sweating from training so they take a bath together.

Nice request

I'm going to preorder Forces on steam

Samefag, for sure. Ya kak.

You can't tell me what to Do. I'm gonna shitpost all night long

Get some sleep, user!

I'm going to preorder Forces on The Pirate Bay.

No, I'm not that user, but now I wanna do it. What was the bath idea?

>spoiler
I like them too. not knuckles though .

absolutely disgusting. should have known taxman would be swayed further by the pre-Sonic 3 classicfags

*sleeps*

Why should I?! YOURE NOT MY REAL DAD.

so what fuck are you all doing up at [insert time here]? I'm downloading yu-gi-oh games to my phone.

Have a good night!

For some reason I can't draw all of a sudden, everything looks like shit. Sorry to anyone who requested something, I'll try to take the requests next time.

>constant autistic ramblings of utterly irrelevant nonsensical garbage
>posting of fanart, SHIT fanart mind you, that gets posted over and over because you're all to dumb enough to find good ones
>retarded Sage and Bump OC's, which of course, look awful
>retarded obsession with the shitty comics that N O O N E cares about
>puts down or ignores like spastic retards when someone tries to get genuine discussion around here
What's your endgame, /sthg/? I think this general should be nuked.

Good retort. You got 5 more minutes .

Meh
I really don't care , i am legit pissed and that 2006 rant helped me
I'm not sleepy yet , think i am gonna play the 2006 pc demo.

>Spoiler
Yeah that's fair, his design works for the show but I wouldn't want main continuity Knuckles to look like him.

Still taller Amy/Sonic just looks really good.

This general is really good in comparison to the 5-6 other ones I go to.

Based on pic-related an user said they were training then another asked if Sonic and Buddy get sweaty after they trained together. Then an user had an idea of them bathing together to wash off the sweat and playing around too, kind of hard to remember, this was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. One user even suggested Sonic using a sponge to scrub Buddy's belly.

This is how most generals are unfortunately, but I've seen the games get discussed in a reasonable manner enough times.

I'm beginning to think you're that same faggot that made a 4+4 board

no problem. it happens

it's weird how much better they look to me with longer legs and better proportions. Rouge would probably benefit the most from a boom redesign

O h h e l l.
Tim to get to work.

I'm just gonna blame it all on the people currently on /sthg/ are dumb and worth as much as slimy diarrhea covered in flies. It's also 3am. Hopefully someone with decency replies to my post with some insight. If not, fuck it. This world is shitty and rotten anyway, this isn't news to me. Gonna take 30ml of Nyquil and then knock the FUCK out. Later niggers.

>191113912
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

@191113912
>Gonna take 30ml of Nyquil
Take some real drugs you fucking faker.

Honestly something bothers me so much about the S3&K acts in Mania. S1, 2 and CD got a lot of love for their showings, especially in their more remixed second acts, but Flying Battery got the most love of the S3 stuff while Lava Reef tosses around some really new things on top of what's familiar. Meanwhile Hydrocity just sort of reserves all its new stuff for act 1 and beyond certain new things like the boats, bubble-makers and water hooks, it's an extremely blunt remake / expansion of the original zone's two acts flipped around. Even the music for these three zones are a lot more "HD arrangement" since their original depiction already had full act 2 themes.

Kind of feels like a missed opportunity, at least with Hydrocity.

>hydrocity
you don't mess with perfection. every other person I've seen talk about many said they didn't like the bubble or chain gimmick

And what was up with Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and Sonic & Knuckles getting to zone reps each while Sonic 1 and Sonic 3 only got one zone each?
Angel Island doesn't count.

I mean, most including SEGA will probably consider 3 & Knuckles to be one game, so really, 3&K had three reps, Sonic 2 had two, and Sonic 1 had one.
CD's the outlier by having two, but since it's a sister game to 2 of sorts by being developed at the same time, I can shrug at that one.

Is anyone else sick of classic sonic

When you make a post like that, I'm not sure what kind of reply you want. Favourite games? Characters? Which game has the best Act Clear animation? You need to be more specific.

>Sonic colors the same , short boost levels and then 2D pacing to get extra hours
Not just "the same", Colors is the worst offender in using the 3D as glorified cutscenes, while the rest of the game is a Nintendoesque precision platforming done with a super-fast character not suited for it.

Generations is nearly full 3D in comparison.

Must prease Reave Ruck to Heaven-San.

I don't mind Classic or Modern, though being considered different Sonics now is retarded. The problem is Sonic Team shoving Classic Sonic into Forces as a window-dressing appeal to more sales since clearly it worked for Generations, and yet they haven't put a single iota of polish into his gameplay in six years - just attention to Mania's animations.

I also wouldn't mind if we finally got rid of all the Sonic 1/CD/2-isms and embraced the more refined artwork for the character instead of copying his portly S1 design document, or just flatout go Toei/Tyson Sonic in design for Classic from now on.

My goddess.

Seconding but Amy has Sonic caught.

You can rightly blame the fags shouting for classic to come back for fucking years for this.