/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Send in Rainbow edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
[Currently being updated with Blood Orchid changes]
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Weapon recoil overhaul:
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-301767-16

Defuser has been planted:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s001Zok0ud5d
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEAj7Q5bv0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Valk

2nd for "deader than elvis"

don't fucking prefire

i want to sniff IQ's sexy feet!

>Botched ANOTHER ez kill with Buck because the C8's bullets go around the enemies head
>Valk whips 180 degrees and sprays for a head shot kill
I fuckinn hate Buck's primaries is much God damb

Here's to hoping the SK operation gives us an actual street level urban environment to operate in, in contrast with the letdowns I got with Japan and HK.

I live in Japan and travel to SK frequently user
SK is just a dirtier version of Japan
Ubisoft would never make an urban map

>SK is just a dirtier version of Japan
Still better than never getting a proper urban map at all.
And why do you think not? Lack of creativity or just laziness?

Uproar

what's that, a new operator?

>Hey guys Ubi here can we show how much of a shitty country you guys are? Don't worry it's realism

I'm newfag, is using red dot bad? I see that everyone is using acog, but spraying is so hard with it and sensitivity feels weird.
Also I'm using compensator on all my automatic weapons, but usually I get killed before I start unleashing the spray, is muzzle/silencer more useful? I know it lowers the damage so doesn't it fuck up shots to kill in chest on some weapons?

>assuming they'd make the map accurately "dirty"
>or that anyone would give a fuck if they did
a bit of a stretch if you ask me
Still just want an urban map mate. They don't have to give it a realistic grit, in fact I'd prefer if it's clean, even if it's "unrealistic" for a South Korean city. They're not China, it could be fucking Mirror's Edge levels of spotless for all I care.

Is the Vegas map cancelled

>implying SK has anything to say on the matter
get fucked chinks

>but spraying is so hard with it and sensitivity feels weird.
Don't just constantly spray before you manage to learn proper recoil control, try adjusting your ADS sens, and know that the compensator isn't optimal for most guns. Flash hider should be your go-to aside from on a select handful of ARs, for which you'll be wanting a muzzle brake.
Experiment though, see what suits you. There's no single optimal option for all guns, but as some advice, the red dot is general seen as the worst 1x sight just due to how thick the dot is compared to the holo, and how bulky and centralized the frame is compared to the reflex.

Have they got rid of Kix for the pro league commentary or something?

my ADS is at 100 because I don't want to fuck up my muscle memory by lowering it

nah mate, they have four different casters now. I've only seen/heard three of them, including Kix, Interro (cool dude) and Bloodbath, but that's what I've heard to be true.

is the stupid recoil pattern shit getting added

the 2 guys who have been doing the past few games are so much nicer to listen to than kix

Don't do that. Lower it to 50 or so and fuck around with it from there. Keeping it at 100 just makes you feel like your sens is higher when you're aiming, because your screen zooms in when you aim; it's not going to feel 1:1 regardless.

They're doing matches on 6 nights this week, Kix and Bloodbath were split to cover three separate nights each and are paired with different casters.

get used to the weirdness of the acog if you want to succeed. its got very obvious advantages by being able to zoom in on the target more.

shouldn't it be at 75 because ACOG is a 2.5x scope?

I don't like Bloodbath. He seems like a bit of a dumbass at times, and he gets too hype in the wrong moments and drowns out the more decent casting from either Kix or Interro.
Kix+Interro is my favorite combo so far, since they both seem more relaxed around each other and bounce their analysis back and forth in more interesting ways, without killing their enthusiasm when the plays gets heated.
Also Interro just inherently seems to make Kix more bearable as a caster, since they tend to have more of a dialogue in the slower moments of matches than you have with Bloodbath just sitting silent while Kix monologues about the strats going on.

That math isn't going to check out, because there's an inherent ads zoom that the Acog stacks on top of.
And besides, I swap between 1x and acog from operator to operator with no problem on 50 or so ads sens. I don't think it matters as much as you think if the the ratios line up and shit.

Someone called me gay in a game earlier. I'm very upset. Should I report him to the police?

Interro's addition has been great. The matches have been so much better to watch compared to before regardless of whether he's with Kix or Blood. He seems to know how to balance out the other caster.

report him to ubi
he should get a week ban for hurting your feelings

Thankyou user. I really need support as I think I might have PTSD.

>tfw there are people in the world who are actually like this

By that line of thinking, at what point does getting offended by getting called "gay" become an equally offensive act?
>"You should take it as a compliment user, he just meant you have much better fashion sense than most cis scum. Can't believe you'd get upset by that, baka"

What's with the rather dramatic increase in Echo pick rate in Pro league so far?

Yeah really, he just seems like a mellow guy without being too quiet, it's a good balance.

Now one of only three acogs on defense, and a much more useful ability than the other two for Bomb. Not to mention the huge barbed wire nerf means any means to slow down the attacker's approach and gain exrta intel in the process is always welcome.
Also I don't know if this is true but it really feels like they buffed the Yokai stun effect. That shit makes you practically blind now, and I don't remember it being that bad in the past.

they stopped looking for the echo drone with all the other traps

His drone isn't permanently disabled from Thatcher's EMP making it harder to take out than just nuking site with them. As mentioned already the barbed wire nerf and ACOG make him more desirable, also machine pistol and shotgun combo for the interior decoration make him have an all around good kit. His gadget gets out-shined by others but for stopping last second pushes (which happen often in Pro-league) it is king.

>His drone isn't permanently disabled from Thatcher's EMP
the amount of people that don't know this honestly baffles me. The amount of times I've had Echos on my team just get off their drone for the rest of the round after it gets EMP'd, just to leave it on the ground to die just isn't right.
And yeah you're definitely right, the Supernova getting that damage buff definitely helps him shine more as a site-builder. That alone helps him in terms of utility, but the rest of his kit being as flexible as it is outside of his 3 armor getup has always been strong, it's just more favored than it used to be with all of the changes we've been seeing.

Interestingly, it doesn't appear to be the Supernova buff. Most every Echo I'm seeing in the Pro league broadcasts are going MP5 + Bearing9.

You're not wrong, but I've seen a good bunch of rounds where there was a Smoke, Ela, and Echo all going at it with their shotguns.
Might've just been with a specific couple of teams though, I honestly can't remember.

>Ela
Meant Mira, shit I'm fuckin tired.

Seriously, I thought originally he needed to be a 2 speed back in Red Crow but by the time Velvet shell came out I realized the 3 armor pretty much balances him. Recent ACOG nerf aside, if he was 2 speed back then his pick rate would be so much higher since he can just stun, run and gun the attacker team with ease whilst having every tool needed to make it easier.

Admittedly I'm exaggerating but you get the point, he is just a solid pick when people know how to use Yokai.

His usefulness isn't just in his own hands though. How coordinated a team can be with their roamers and a good Echo makes a huge difference in how effective he is, which is half of the reason he sees so much more play in PL than he does in your average ranked match. Not only that, but since if he wants to use his drone he's potentially a sitting duck if he gets approached, having that extra coordination to have his teammates let him know when he's about to get jumped can keep him alive and useful for much longer.

>Here's to hoping the SK operation gives us an actual street level urban environment to operate in, in contrast with the letdowns I got with Japan and HK.

What is that clean shit? Half of South Korea looks just 50% better than the favela map.

It's Seoul, which doesn't happen to be half of South Korea.
Unless you'd prefer for the SK map to be "Favela mk. 2: slightly cleaner boogaloo" for the sake of 'realism' or some shit.

It's pretty fun roaming when you have a competent Echo running around with you on Yokai stunning every attacker you are about to fight. Might not be the most optimal but in gold ranks and casual at least will definitely burn time.

Hey it's that drawfag from a few weeks ago. I finished off that bandit chibi and am currently working on a small one panel starring Jäger and Tachanka. (Apologies for the file size, uploading from moblie)

So I guess it was Rainbow Six Vegas 3 last night

This was from a thread on the incident
vocaroo.com/i/s001Zok0ud5d

how the fuck do you counter bad timing? how am i supposed to live through someone who just happens to walk by as i get grzmotted or I drone a place out and he just happens to walk in after?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEAj7Q5bv0

>buy a vertical grip for a weapon
>the character doesn't even use it.

Do you mean you didn't equip it, or that there's a messed up animation?

I assume animation, a lot of the time when you epuip a vertical grip in this game, your character holds the gun like it's an angled grip.

>tfw bought a shitload of skins for Hibana despite being Fuze/Tachanka main.

the character doesn't hold it from the grip, he's just holding it like before.

IIRC many games has this issue for some reason.

cuuute!

Has the Theme Park easter egg been discovered yet?

Clipping seems to be back.

hnngh has Vek drawn anything with Ela and Ying yet

The Bear Jew?

did they do some battlefield style super elaborate easter egg? is it the fortune teller thing?

what's with all the sound bugs lately?

>some of the ambient turning off randomly
>sounds from the actual game move on to win cam

all a joke boys. Leakbro aint leak bro, where are you, real leakbruh?

There's usually a small thing, like the interactive soccer balls on Favella, or being able to play the drum on Skyscraper. So far, I don't think they've found anything like that on Theme Park.

>trusting ubi
yeah right, implying they would give that info away and just say "yeah its real"

I would much sooner believe an anonymous leaker than the company's very own community manager for such matters

So, I hit level 96 and finally managed to scrape together enough renown to buy Frost.

The problem is - I'm fucking awful with her. I think I've only trapped someone twice in about 6 games.

How do I use her traps? Both times I got kills were through planting them beneath window frames. Other than that I usually try hiding them behind shields or in barbed wire, occasionally planting them next to the barbed wire in the hopes that when they strafe they'll walk into one.

Also is her shotty any good still like in her glory days or should I just stick with the red dot extended barrel c1

What the fuck? This thread has been

Try putting them to the left or right of door frames, as attackers will often strafe to the side when entering a room and expecting an engagement.

>bullets come out of the very tippy top of Hibana's hood
Why do they do this?

>those jaggy model outlines
>that inexistent anti aliasing
lmao

its the middle of the day on a monday, not everyone is a NEET you know

ded gaem pls buy siege 2

Thanks lad, I'll give it a shot.

Clapistanis are all still in bed, chum, so all you have here are EU neets or students

Cool soon we can call them liars.

>calling that a leakbro
reddit leaf

That dude was in the thread yesterday apologizing because he didn't want people to think he was leakbro, he was just summing up everything he'd heard and people assumed it was leak bro.

>dev denies something
>the pretty much confirms it
it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, cause even if they didn't say anything people would be like "They're ignoring it, so it must be true!"

Ever hear of "trial balloons"? They put out a bunch of ideas as an anonymous leak, and change their plans if anything has a really negative reaction, without ever having to admit they even considered it. Ubisoft has said before they don't think any other game modes (besides Secure, Bomb, and Hostage) would work, but some players are still bugging them for more game modes, so this is them asking players "What do you think about CTF?" and remaining free of any backlash.

put them wherever
shitters will walk on them regardless of where you put them, pros will almost always shoot them from the other side of the map and know exactly where you put them, so placement makes very little difference
If you have a barrier, put it behind it, if you have to put one near a window, don't put it aligned to the window, move it a bit so there's the chance that if they're vault-shooting straight down they'll miss and get trapped

So I have about 35k Renown, and I was thinking of getting one of the new DLC operators. I was thinking of either getting Ela or Lesion, because Ying seems really useless (by that I mean that her gadget is inconsistent, and her choice in primary weapons is between an LMG and a shotgun, both of which are considered lower-tier weapon classes in this game). It takes me a while to get renown because I’m not able to play often due to work, so I want to get the most bang for my buck, as it were. So what do?

>Buy my first DLC operator with renown
>It's Frost
>Her SMG is complete garbage

If I knew it was that bad I would've gotten someone else instead.

>being bad

it's from world war 2 m8, what did you expect?

Then you say it is company policy not to comment unreleased content. Neither confirming nor denying. Now they have taken a stance and they will be called liars. Not like Veeky Forums and a single tweet reach many people but the message is out there. Ubi are dirty liars.

>hurr leaks are fake news
>t. Ubi shill

git gud you plebeian

Buy Ela if you're a cunt who enjoys abusing her absurdly overpowered self

Buy Lesion if you're a top lad

Practically speaking Ela is an amazing choice right now and she will without doubt be nerfed in coming patches.

Lesion is a solid pick and I'm not sure whether Ubi would even tweak him desu. He's a quite well balanced operator who suits both roaming and perimeter defense.

If you want to abuse Ela now, by all means do so, but I hope to God you have an SSD with Siege installed on it or you are going to struggle to pick her since literally everyone who has her wants to use her

meant for

I have 25,000 renown. I want to buy blackbeard for usefulness but capitao seems more fun. Either own or have no interest in the other ops. Which should I get?

the fuck are you talking about? they made a brazil map, as if filth would stop them.

Red dot or holo?

I already foresee Ela getting nerfed super hard, which is why I was leaning towards Lesion; I don’t want to get an op who won’t be (at least somewhat) consistent for even a single season.

What’s a good strat for using the Gu mines?

Capi is more fun, but his guns are absolute shit and he also requires time to learn how to play effectively.

Throw them in places that would make it awkward for the enemy, I find it best to put them *over* thresholds rather than *on* them, so the enemy can't just back out again immediately. Try also to not die early so you get as many as possible.

You regenerate them every 30 seconds. You start off with a single mine, and keep getting them up to a total of 7.

It's probably a better strategy to reinforce and immediately leave the objective. You want to guess common entry points etc and plant them there, because when you return to the objective when the round starts you'll still be generating mines. Subsequently, you'll have plenty of time to set them up nearby the objective but you might not be able to leave and set them up elsewhere on the map later.

He's a really fun operator, and you can play him in a lot of different ways.

>stronk womyn
>getting nerfed
>ever
nah sweetie

>valk

just stack 3 of them near a window