New hotfix: (New patch any day now)
steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/detail/1501245999270934136

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/58/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The delicious musk of humans.

I want to marry The Red Prince!

>that bear cub

Cute!

Are melee/magic builds using staves any good? If so, how should I go about making one?

I fucking removed Pet Pal at some point.

Why the fuck do I get stuck with Amadia as an undead lizard? Fuck that slut I'm going to make her shrine cry blood just to spite her

Because you're undead.
Who the fuck were you expecting, Rhalic?

Is there any way to permanently increase number of AP/starting AP aside from using lone wolf/glass cancon

>other people talking about how the game starts off hard then gets a lot easier
>tfw relying more and more on resurrection scrolls as the game goes on
>breezed through the first act, but really struggled towards the end of the second act

Trying my hand at the game master mode. Never done any board game/pen & paper rpg stuff before so we'll see how this goes.

No

I was expecting the god of my actual race.

Fane or Lohse for my Enchanter next playthrough?

Amadia is the god of your race. Do you think zorl-Stissa wants anything to do with the necromantic husk of one of her own?

This look like it's very easy to make smutty

Should I just look up the ctrafting recipes? I have not crafted a single piece of armor or a weapon. Is there no black smithing option? I see shit like anvils and what not. What the fuck is the workbench for?

Also, Is it possible to craft cursed nades without using a source orb? Why would I ever craft a ONE TIME USE GRENADE WITH A SOURCE ORB!?

and what about upgraded potions? I still can only make the basic +1 to a stat potion. I tried augmentors but augmentors seem to only upgrade health potions and armor ptoions.

That was uncalled for.

>get to the second phase of the final battle with Dallis and Lucian already down
>alright, my Necro/Summoner is gonna summon a crazy vicious Bone Widow!
>my Geo/Pyro is gonna rain down hellfire!
>my Poly/Warfare is gonna REK SHIT with Anathema!
>eh, I guess my Hydro/Aero is gonna cast Thunderstorm for some incidental damage and then concentrate on support...
>everyone converges on my party's position
>cast the Thunderstorm
>Kraken skips a turn due to being stunned; huh, guess it had less mag armor than I thought at first glance
>next turn suddenly everyone unsummons, achievement pops up, camera snaps to Kraken dying
>takes me a few seconds to realize my healer just basically solo'd that encounter with a single spell
Why are people shitting on Aerothurge again?

You can look it up, but it is depressing. If you want to go deeper into it, you could also load up the crafting testmap to see what could've been.

They deleted over 130 recipes from the game at some point not too far from launch, including milking of cows and sheering of sheep which you can even find dialogue referencing still in the game.

Crafting is only worth it to push your healing/poison potions to the next tier and making arrows.

Can I cheese a battle by killing an enemy, having another party member use a waypoint to get away, heal up, then start the fight again with one fewer enemy than before?

Like most of these sorts of games by the end you should have a huge toolbox of experiences and skills and ability to adjust and think by the time you get to the end of the game. If you've been doing the same thing to carry you through the acts, depending on the power of said abuse either you're just going to continue rolling or you are going to suffer for not learning how to adapt to situations.

Ideally you should never have to struggle. You might be faced with challenges and you will be forced to think and reach into your toolbox but if you're actually struggling it means that you might not have learned some lessons you should have earlier. In a shittier game there's no lessons to learn at all - you just shotgun your way through the entire game, but in DOS2 I really felt like there were many encounters built to rattle your brain and if you didn't adjust to the novelty of those encounters then when the game towards the end-game hammers you with some ridiculously powerful shit - you struggle.

I died a whole lot more as the game progressed too. But you're supposed to embrace it and work around it, not consider it a struggle.

>Polymorph Bull Rush resets every turn
>Four whole turns of insane 2AP damage mobility with a two turn cooldown

>Why are people shitting on Aerothurge again?
They read a guide online telling them that Lone Wolf Warfare Summoner is the only way to go and are offended when someone goes against the shitposting gospel.

Is Lone Wolf good for Tactician?

>choosing between the two best origin characters
You're fugged.

Brainlets. Thunder Storm is game-breaking even on tactician.

Because they're wrong?

Aero is the second densest and efficient damage per AP magic school in the game after Pyro. The fact that it is not disrupted by other elements or status effects and its own status inflicts a stun, I would say by those merits it has parity with Pyro.

And that's not to say Hydro and Geo are not good. They're really only worse because they are less damage/AP efficient and are more situational in their impact than Pyro and Aero.

Polymorph is 100% a school you can entirely dedicate yourself too. I personally love putting all my points into Strength and Constitution to make the tankiest, most hard-hitting motherfucker possible.

You may want to learn to use the proper game editor and not that dumbed down GM mode.

Yes. Running aero/pyro and geo/hydro mages on tactician feels easier than mixed 4 man party on classic

>This game
Everyone is spooky - the game.

>advocate tells me to fuck up the black ring dudes by the ancestor tree
>it's a difficult fight, so i pick one off, then lure the others back to the advocate, so all the dudes there can help out like in the first voidwoken fight
>they all just walk around aimlessly like nothing's happening
Wooooow

dual wield wand or staff?

Oh man, are you in for a surprise if you think the Black Ring guys around the tree are challenging.

I accidentally approached the cursed tree from the other side, killed most of the Black Ring off, then the Advocate shows up and I proceed to push his shit in, including his 4 summons.
Not using optimal composition at all, but the fight with the Advocate wasn't that difficult, only had a single death.

I'm just using a shitty party composition I think, so I'm finding the game harder than it should be (2 rangers, 1 fighter, 1 pure pyro mage).

But I'm too far in to restart now, so I'm just rolling with it.

since i got to 14 and have a bunch of new spells, wouldnt it be worth it to put a shit summon on everyone if they have the school for it even without increasing summoning?

their shit non boosted stats would tank 1 or 2 enemies since they always go for the weakest target

Staff on pyro, wand/shield on hydro

>enemy spellcaster casts shackles of pain on a low health target
>enemy knight slaps the spellcaster to kill the shackled target
I'd be madder if it happened to one of my party members, but it was just one of Lucian's goons.

Absolutely. I personally like using totems to get a hit or two in and get the opposition to split up.

>Lizard walking animation
whoa

Why does everything feel so weak once you get to level 10+?
I'm fighting level appropriate enemies with level appropriate gear, but I suddenly die from being outlasted because my damage and survivability just isn't enough.

Heh, you Larianiggers think you can run? Not a chance faggots. Us Obsidian bulls are going to decimate your trash little wank game once Deadfire comes out.

>Beast casts Evasive Aura
>enemy goon casts Uncanny Evasion on Beast to cancel out the Aura

>2 achievements for both outcomes for 5 followers for a total of 10
>managed to pick a combination of decisions and followers that didn't award any cheevos
simbly ebic larian, simbly ebin

You can just respec, the only loss will be having to buy new skill books.

Fuck it, I'm just going to tell you.

The Black Ring guys are the appetizer. They're SUPPOSED to be easy to draw you into a false sense of security. If you're having troubles with them, you're probably going to be super pissed when you see what happens when they're dead.

W H A T

What are you, poor? Ain't no exclusivity.

For me personally, escaping fort joy was the biggest brick wall in the game until I discovered the tellyporter trick andthe art of pickpocketing

So why aren't you killing every single person you encounter in the name of Damian?

No. Seriously. Where the fuck do I go ? I finished wrecker's cave at level 11, but now wherever I go I get raped in the ass. Even level 12 scarecrows destroy me

explore the town some more

go past the scarecrows, over the paladin bridge, south to the graveyard

theres some easy shit lvl 9-11

Because I lost my edges 16 years ago, when I finally reached the age of 15?

Fane, playing as Lohse makes you miss out on her voiced lines which is half the reason to take her in the first place.

Yeah, I might try changing it up and making a party full of mages. Skillbooks aren't that expensive, plus I've kept all the ones I couldn't use so far nayway.

Fugg. Well, if there's one thing I've learnt so far it's that every fight can be cheesed somehow.

Will Smoke Cloud let me stealth while Wet?

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with being an unironic edgelord.

That's AI 2.0, baby.

No idea how does it interact with the permanent evasive aura, but it works otherwise.

It has nothing to do with it being wrong or right. It's about an older mind being no longer able to withstand edgyness without cringing hard.

What is that boy up to now that his army got either gassed sold their souls to a scarier god?

Whats the most fun class/race to play in this game?
Undead looks like alot of fun so far but I am wondering how the other races compare

Did a Genocide run. It was interesting to see how the game reacted and sometimes lacked to react to certain NPC's being dead, but apart from that there wasn't really much to be gained from it.

All it did was pad out my gametime in the end, since I went overboard in some areas like the barracks in Arx and purposefully pulled every Paladin into the fight at the same time, which made the time till my next turn last forever.

They did it in the mirror fight for me. Nuked the absolute shit out of me.

how would a wand/shield tank work. I'm thinking about using shackles of pain reactive armor and supernova to damage everything around me and deal additional shackle damage. Does magic damage leech from necro?

Welcome to the club broski

We may never know. Larian seems to be determined to ignore him completely after Divinity 2.

Gonna start as an undead soon. Who do I gas if I'm determined not to overlevel in this playthrough?

DLC confirmed! Here's a preview of a new postgame island.

Why is the Redeka fight so randomly fucking hard?
I'm on Tactician and I've been breezing through the whole island pretty well, but jesus christ.

Alexandar at the gate, and if you wanna breeze through the boat fight at the end of act 1 you can put one on the stairs there like I did. Still got a barrel which I don't know when I can use, I'm mostly facing undead enemies now.

Someone mentioned multiple 'reduce number bloat' mods existing (mods that reduce the equipment scaling), what are the other called/ where can I find them?

Original Sin is a separate story arc, if we get Divinity 3 then we'll probably see more of Damian.

PATCH WHEN

Will it be about following Malady around in her quest to get creampied by at least 300 brown men?

It will sell like wildfire in Germany.

>Alexandar at the gate
I hear that dumps a lot of exp on you though. Still worth it?

It wasnt hard at all for me, arent you underlevelled or smth

There's just one, but multiple versions. Reduced to varying degrees, and no-scale. They're all available on one page here,
nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2/mods/58/?
Or somewhere in the steam workshop.

Experimenting with the no-scale version right now. It's interesting, early level balance feels like it's more in your favor since enemies can't hide behind higher levels anymore. This also applies to allied npcs, though, so you actually have to protect Malady on the ship. I gave the final battle a try with it on, and it plays about the same as without the mod. The difference is that you can use gear from whatever level since only the stat bonus matters, not armor values.

Use smoke grenades, invisibility potions, chameleon, etc... Beetles can't hit you if they cant see you. Also look at the god damn turn queue. Prioritize disabling enemies that are going to move next.

So I'm almost lvl 9 after killing the worm and Alexander, how overleveled am I for the beginning of next arc? Also, will I return to Fort Joy after I board the Lady Vengeance? Since I want to murder hobo everything there. Or would some questlines be broken if I do that?

It puts you at level 3 right away, but doesn't automatically give you the gear to make fights easier. Well, it gets easier because you'll be closer to 4, and if you do it right at 4 you can thief all the skillbooks. I guess it doesn't change much without thievery though.

PECKER!

Well, doesn't sound too bad. Time for some bully then.

How do you make those grenades or potions?

>So I'm almost lvl 9 after killing the worm and Alexander, how overleveled am I for the beginning of next arc?
not over-levelled at all, maybe slightly under-levelled (should be between level 9 and 10 if you've done every quest before leaving the island)
>Also, will I return to Fort Joy after I board the Lady Vengeance?
nope
>Or would some questlines be broken if I do that?
nope

EXP gain increases exponentially anyway so it's really hard to be very over/underleveled unless you're taking on an act all out of order.

Thanks! Do you have any recommendation between the versions?

I feel you my man, just waiting for the patch to drop to start my second playthrough.

Also it nets you less exp at the end of the act, because those mobs you kill with the deathfog don't return if you kill them early. Which is also really cool.

Rogue or Ranger for Lone Wolf?

Why does it matter if a minor bugfix patch will arrive?

>it's really hard to be very over/underleveled unless you're taking on an act all out of order
Stick around the Reaper's Coast to clean up the masters and you WILL overlevel the rest of the game.

Radical.

If I only level 2 skills and don't put any points in memory at all, will I be lacking too many slots for my skills or will I have enough for most as I level?

Yeah, I guess they wanted you to feel some urgency there. There's a bit much to do in act 2.

Oh cool, crafting this just gave me a cheevo and can be done the moment you get your hands on any one Aero book and Scoundrel book.

Because there are at least a dozen secondary quests that are totally or partially broken.