/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

General revived edition.
DDDA Wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

DDO Online Wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Online

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ndJSBsMv
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wew lad

What's the occasion for this revival?

PS4/Xbone release in 12 hours or so

Being re-released on consoles so I figured there'd be a lot of new players. Plus you see DD threads on /v/ nearly every day now so it'd seem right to make a revived general.

alright I'm going to be playing this shit for the first time
give me the rundown on vocations, I already know that warriors suck

Cheers to them.

>last screenshot was from 3 years
I really wish I could play it again.

>/ddg/ is back

Fug

Is this cuming alive just like /bfg/?

Overall I'd pick Magick Archer if you want to do a lot of damage and not have to tank/heal.

If you decide to go mage but don't wanna be a healslut then get Sorcerer immediately once you get to Gran Soren Inn.

If you pick fighter I'd eventually go Mystic Knight because it's the best of the tank classes.

So what's up with this "one character only" thing? Can you respec and change your appearance later on?

Any news of whether or not this affect pc at all?

Forgot to mention you get Mystick Knight by Olra on Bitterblack Isle.

It's so people don't flood the servers with different pawns on different characters. Yes you can.

only one character unless you made another save, yes

>trying to summon some pawns for my first playthrough
>99% waifus
I don't know what I expected.

>Mage
Support class, buffs and healing, doesn't get the high level spells of Sorc
>Sorc
Drop magical nuclear bombs, long cast times but can be mitigated with spell synergy (Soc A casts spell, Sorc B waits until Sorc A is nearly finished before casting same spell, both spells trigger when Sorc A finishes)
>Strider
Double jump and dodge rolls, fast and mobile with Spiderman style grapples and pulls but not able to take hits like other classes, has a bow but it's shit
>Ranger
Double jump and dodge rolls, bow basically acts as a hybrid gatling/railgun, can melee but is shit at it
>Fighter
Basic sword and board all-rounder, gets to do some fun stuff with just-guard mechanics
>Warrior
Having less skills sucks but they're just as viable as anything else, hits the hardest and can drop big monsters better than anything else
>Assassin
Jack-of-all trades, can use daggers for the jump/dodge mobility or sword for pretending to be a pirate, best for if you don't want to/can't rely on pawns to cover your weaknesses
>Magick Archer
I've not actually played much MA (think I will this time around) but you can set yourself on fire and jump on an enemy's face to burn it to death whilst you slash into it, so that's fun
>Mystic Knight
Like fighter but larger shield focus and magic oriented skills

Mages aren't worth playing aside from the first ten levels, switch to Sorc ASAP if you want to be a caster. Barring that everything is pretty well-rounded and fun. Just make sure you've got some ranged and magic options in your party, since it will matter in some encounters, and it's better if you can do it since pawns aren't always reliable.

Remember, riftsluts belong to the brine. Do your bit to fight the good fight today!

My gpu died two months ago so preordered now just to be one with general again, will unlock in 5-6 hours.

One Final thread for /dgg/

I give you until 50 posts before dying
again

Oh shit lads, /ddg/ is back

that gave me aids

>9 hours (unless you have it on PC)

Let's see those Arisen and pawns!

Fuck me I should play this again. I wouldn't even know what vocation to go with since I feel like I did them all and I know about minmaxing now

2nite is the nite

Been a while.

>game comes out in a few hours
EXCEPT IN MY SHITTY COUNTRY

any of you play DDO?

I played it for a bit but it was far too grindy to get levelled up when you unlock new vocations because anything above your gear's level took long as fuck to kill, and the whole "can't do shit until you shake the monster a bit" system was fucking retarded. I'm told they've improved it since I played and got rid of the rage thing but I've still not gone back to it.

I did. Kind of a grind to play alone tho. And then they took some of the grind away by letting you get some of the newer classes but it doesn't apply to older characters.

Who else will make a stronk warrior as a pawn?
nohomo

I made a lanky, blonde Shaggy lookin' fuck in the original, might make a swole warrior in DA.

Or I might make a smol loli wielding a fuckhuge warhammer, who the hell knows.

I'll have the cliche anime party. A big dude, a feminine dude, a loli, and probably an old dude.

>Forgot this comes out this month
>Already reached my biweekly budget buying beer, gunpla, and gunpla materials
Guess I'm gonna have to reach into my other account, do I need to have a good internet connection to enjoy this? My phone has unlimited data so I'm currently tethering it until I get something more traditional.

The only online aspects of it is downloading someone else's pawn, so it really shouldn't need a good internet connection. And it's not like you need to download pawns a majority of the time.

Also it's $30 in case you thought it was $60, digitally at least.

Silly poses.

I need you fuckers to stay alive because I desperately need guidance because I only ever played Mystic Knight and now I'm going full Sorceror for spell nukes.

I'm deeply intimidated by this game's depth but I can't fucken wait

Have a Sorc pawn with the same spells as you (your own or hired) so you can piggyback on their casting. The rest isn't particularly complicated.

Didn't know it was $30, thanks.

6 skill warrior mod when

I've seen some streams on Xbox One briefly but because they were streamed at 30fps, i couldn't confirm the framerate. Do we know anything regarding the framerate ? I mean there's no reason for this to run at 30fps, my 760 can handle this at 60fps with ease.

For the guy who'll make the next general this is the pasta with all the links related to this general pastebin.com/ndJSBsMv

Beware hihg amount of aughtism docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

>/ddg/ is back
Awww yis

Here's some stuff from the old threads
>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

I've read it's 30fps, but solid 30fps

Yeah, I know

Never mind, I'm blind and an user posted all the good shit here

>One hour until spending five hours just on the character creator

I can't believe I'm this fucking hyped for a PS4 port of a PC port of a PS3 re-release.

>I can't believe I'm this fucking hyped for a PS4 port of a PC port of a PS3 re-release.

Capcom will never deliver. ;_;
Just wait when the eventual PS5 is released. We'll get a port of a port of a port.

>30fps
I'll stick to PC, sorry lads.

I don't know why I'm so pumped for this... I haven't played it since I sold my 360 and never truly beat BBI. Maybe that's it?

I'm thinking of playing Sorc mostly but I've always wanted to try a Staff focused Mystic Knight. Has anyone tried that?

>spending five hours just on the character creator
You've got the right idea. The more time I spend in chargen, the more I generally enojy the game

Is there an optimal dumping point?
>The minigames are thrilling
What minigames?
>Pawns are completely useless
I can't begin to describe my anger

if you wanna play staff based MK, you're better being a sorceror. Just play as sorceror a while, unlock Articulary and Acuity as you'll need those for Mystic Knight then switch to Mystic Knight. Oh and you'll want Clout from Warrior and Prescience from Fighter. Sopor isn't really a useful spell but you'll want your staff to deal with Wraiths and Living Armors and to use levitate for reaching distant grounds especially useful in BBI.

also fuck me but it's sorcerer.
>pawns are useless
>Daimon grabs me
>NONE MY TOUCH THE ARISEN
>shoots Matt's hand before shit explodes with Mighty Bend
>also webm related

There's an old saying that dumb parents raise dumb kids. Similarly dumb arisens train dumb pawns. Circle of life.

>page 9

It ain't coming back.

the port isn't even out in any part of America yet

I had a better screenshot but Steam ate it.

Do not lewd the arisen!

Assalam looks pissed that we're standing on his table

only a few hours left

Anyone got cool sliders?

SOMEBODY POST SLIDERS

I NEED CUTE WAIFU SLIDERS NOW

also how do I train my pawn to not be shit? Gonna be making it a ranger/strider class while I go in as a fighter

avoid shit inclinations like Pioneer/Nexus/Guardian, also you don't train your pawn contrary to what most people believe, it's the bestiary knowledge/inclinations that matter in the end. A pawn with good bestiary knowledge/good skillset/inclinations will play properly.

in 3 hours all of Europe should be able to play it right

dead already?

The wind just isn't pushing me anymore

Going out to get my copy tomorrow, first thing

well this thread shouldn't have been made before the rererelease

this tbqh

Does anybody know whose arisen/pawn is this ?

I WISH it were mine :( so beauteous

>made handsome husbando pawn on 360 during vanilla release
>almost never got hired
>made generic loli healer on PS3 DA last year
>still got some hires despite game being dead

>never made a pawn ever
>never made an arisen ever
>about to for the first time in 2 hours
>always get super autistic about character creators
I might die tbqh

not getting this release until late in the week and I still have no idea what my character or pawn will look like

kind of tempted to make an Overwatch character as "celebrity" pawns are usually pretty popular

or maybe a dwarf or orc since you almost never see them

or maybe just a generic cute girl pawn so they'll actually get hired

>trying to amass a husbando harem
>all waifus

ARISEN
TAKE UP ARMS
welcome back /ddg/
hope i get to rent your pawns again soon

Thoughts on shield skills for fighter pawns? I've seen people say not to equip any at all.

I think we're jumping the gun a little, but it's nice to see /ddg/ back again. I think I'll pass on latest re-release and start up fresh on PC.

>tfw got the Arisen's face perfect but due to posture or head size she's got a fat ugly neck and an adam's apple

What's the best way to farm 5k RC early on?

>all this hype for hires
>don't wanna spend MSRP on a fourth copy of this damn game

I'm gonna wait until it's on sale and miss the boat on hires again, aren't I?

for random rents, probably
you'll still have /ddg/ rents though :^)

I think I may have a problem.

Poor Little White Girl

Good night /ddg/, I hope you're around tomorrow

>20 minutes left
>still have no idea what the fuck I'm going to play

Fighter. Perfect block everything to death.

2NITE IS THE NITE /ddg/ gotta buy this game for the 4th time

good on you user
after the 7th time DD2 will finally happen
don't forget to buy an xbone copy too to speed the process up

I still find it pretty fucked up that they make you wait for midnight in your own timezone to unlock it instead of just doing a worldwide simultaneous release. Hang in there bros.