Speedrunning general - /srg/

Ayy Playa! Let a nigga start up a new speedrunning thread and shit, 'nah mean?

Crandino back in dis jawn, nigga. We be speedrunning mad games, nah mean?

Post ya splits
Post ya wifey
and post sum muhphuqqin PBs, yoo

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/just_an_idea_zoo_jeux_zoom__open_for_discussion.html
speedrun.com/cuphead/thread/dzxdb
speedrun.com/cuphead/The_Root_Pack#Any
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

young Cran DA GAWD

don't let it die again

ok so since cuphead is the hot new speedgame. what weapons are the best used in it? also i saw reports that you can fire both weapons if you mash the weapon switch button while auto firing? is that true? has anyone determined the damage levels of each weapon?

forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/just_an_idea_zoo_jeux_zoom__open_for_discussion.html
when will the fursecution end?

nevermind, i went to the src page and got my questions answered. also leave it to autistic people to run the src page. they dont even have a 100% category despite there being an in game percentage counter. there are also glitches galore that freeze bosses, quick kill bosses, and even skip 2/3s of the game.

i can really see why normies get mad about glitches and speedruns in general. all the skill is removed from the speedrun with glitches like those in cuphead. combine that with the frustration of having to deal with the bureaucracy of the leaderboard moderators makes any normal person not want to be involved in the community. people are getting times rejected because the mods FEEL like times are cheated and rankings aren't high enough (despite some rankings capping at A+).

It's because shitters make a run towards newly released games to become moderator and get the feeling of power.
No game should be added until a month after release.

>Please, give me the game I moderate!
speedrun.com/cuphead/thread/dzxdb

the game should be added right away, but it should be modded by src mods not "first come first serve" bullshit. src pretty much ruined cuphead speedruns as i see it.

the game should have 100% category. also every individual stage should have a leaderboard for each of the difficulties. pretty much like how the elite does goldeneye minus their shitty points system (unless the community wanted to do it)

>also every individual stage should have a leaderboard for each of the difficulties.
Isn't that the case?
speedrun.com/cuphead/The_Root_Pack#Any
But 12 categories per level are too much.

for cup head they NEED the following:
hardware separated (pc and xbox)
players separated (1 and 2)

from there the community can decide if they want:
grade separation (any or A+/S/P)
difficulty separation (simple normal expert)

personally i'd do hardware and player tabs on top, and filter by difficulty and grade with default set on expert max grade.

the real hot button item will be if they allow quick kill glitches or not.

the number of categories grows exponentially with every seperation of hardware, players, etc.
too many categories make competition diluted and lead to a big wasteland of empty leaderboards

stop resetting

So what's /srg/'s opinion on Completely Fucking Bald?

completely fucking based

Hi guys, what's new?

he's just a faggot memer

I personally can't wait for the PJ + Mecharichter coop run of cuphead at AGDQ 2018! Hope they get the based devs on call and have a laugh with them!!

I personally can't wait for the NoobKillerRoof + Squid coop run of Klonoa at NASA 2018! Hope thye get the based /srg/ bois on the couch and have a laugh with them!

please be real

who is we?

why did you spoiler?

thanks for the late responses!