Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Classic

Resurrecting ancient Veeky Forums group due to current circumstances. It will take all of us to pull our sabers out of mothballs and get this shit back up and running.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/6060/announcements/detail/1487735649730776315
gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii
store.steampowered.com/app/6060/Star_Wars_Battlefront_2_Classic_2005/
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II
gog.com/forum/star_wars_battlefront_ii/busy/post9
youtu.be/FhXvRv2Q7nQ
moddb.com/mods/cdt-foxs-ultimate-republic-side-mod
swsaga.ru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Busy 0%
shit's broke, yo.

rise from your grave

supported platforms: gog and steam recorded so far

currently on sale for 4 dollars on gog (regional pricing though) Steam is probably 10 bucks

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (CLASSIC) PC MULTIPLAYER REVIVED BY DISNEY/GOG: steamcommunity.com/games/6060/announcements/detail/1487735649730776315
>WHERE DO I GET GAME?
GOG VERSION IS ON SALE: gog.com/game/star_wars_battlefront_ii
STEAM VERSION: store.steampowered.com/app/6060/Star_Wars_Battlefront_2_Classic_2005/
GOG AND STEAM VERSIONS WORK WITH THE NEW MULTIPLAYER UPDATE
>What if I have a boxed copy?
Out of luck. Get it on GOG/Steam.
>I'm getting ERROR UNKNOWN / ERROR BUSY 0%
WAIT FOR A PATCH TO FIX IT
>Game won't work / its crashing
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II
>/v/ server?
SESSION NAME: /v/
PW: clankers

Bumpo

>game just freezes on multiplayer tab
FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

- Initially, there are unlikely to be any dedicated servers going up on the game, the rooms are likely to be home-hosted by other players, who won't necessarily have an internet service capable of hosting a server that can connect to lots of players simultaenously across the world. For those experiencing difficulties connecting to some servers, this is worth bearing in mind. A sure tell of a non-dedicated server is that the ping will show up as 0 in the multiplayer room list.

- The newly set up master servers are likely to experience some technical difficulties due to the high amount of initial traffic.

- For those who already played online via gameranger, updating your game is likely going to prevent you connecting to gameranger servers, so make a backup before you update.

- I've been told that the update is incompatible with the unofficial 1.3 patch of the game, which several larger scale mods use.

- Dedicated servers with proper admin support and management tools will be worked on by some of the hosts that were on other platforms prior to the update, such as myself.

It's awesome that we got this update, there are people in the now much diminished online community who have stuck around from the beginning and thought the game would die after Gamespy shut down. We've kept it alive somewhat through Gameranger and SWBFSpy, but hopefully this update will be a massive boost to the player base.

we should rename this thread to Waiting for the Hotfix general

I can't complain though, they could've just gone full jew and ignored the previous Battlefront games like they've been doing, it's nice to see them recognizing the legacy of this series.

>PW: clankers
dumb newfigs

REEEEE I WANT TO PLAY

anyone have good star wars battlefront 2 classic reaction images while we bash on join server buttons

So is the new battlefront 2 going to be good?

gog.com/forum/star_wars_battlefront_ii/busy/post9

They are working on a fix apparently

b u m p

welp, see you clanks tomorrow i guess

>Can the BF2's modders community get the sources of the main game's .lvl files that GOG team have changed? I mean shell.lvl, ingame.lvl, common.lvl and core.lvl? Because the new update broke the unofficial patch that based on original game's sources. Because this patch adds new functionality like custom eras/modes support and etc.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SUPER BATTLE DROIDS TAKE THEM DOWN

FIX IT FASTER
I HAVEN'T SEEN SHIT THIS FROZEN SINCE HAN SOLO GOT ICED BY HIS SON

>People cant even start the multiplayer
>game crashes when loading at 0%
FUCKING FIX IT
I JUST WANT TO WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtu.be/FhXvRv2Q7nQ

N O

O O O H

A A

>BUSY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>can't even use gayranger

So is this just a reboot of the core game, or did the update bring any changes to netcode? IIRC the original game was 32 players max, right? So 64 players should be fun.

Is it going to be good?

No

Hi guys, I'm new to the Veeky Forums. How soon till a patch will become available and I can experience this game once again. Thanks! - Mark

never they fucked up the game on purpose so we cant play

doesn't look like a full reboot, but just an update for multiplayer and boosted the max player count.

>install conversion packs, unofficial patch, and extreme pack
>try to go to multiplayer and it still brings up the Gamespy login
>click on Join and game crashes

Hello Veeky Forums - is anyone able to play?

hey mark, you probably shouldn't tripfag

Yeah, people named Mark aren't allowed in. - Veeky Forums

I know for sure the unofficial patch fucks up the multiplayer and the game with this new patch

fuck off Mark

i got into a match NA all maps 1 flag ctf

No, are traps gay?

They're working on it, it's probably just a server issue and a patch may not be necessary.

Chill, play singleplayer on elite to get gud for multi

if having trouble getting into a game, did you start with a clean game or do you have all the unofficial patches installed?

Locking power ups and equipment behind loot boxes, then having different grades of said power ups and equipment where higher grade=more powerful makes it pretty P2W

I'm going to wait for the beta to hear people's opinion before buying it

hey Veeky Forums, retard here, steam says I need windows 2000, xp, or vista to run BF2, but I'm running windows 10. I'm really new to PC gaming so this probably sounds like the ACTUAL stupidest shit on the planet, but I don't need one of those old OS's to play the game, do I? If I do, is there anyway that I can install any of those old three? Thanks and pls no bully

clean game but it still froze after i left the match

WORKSHOP SUPPORT SOON NOW BROTHERS

you really shouldn't need to, windows 10 compatibility with older programs is pretty good, and the game runs perfectly for me outside of the multiplayer.

>set launch option to /win
>If the game freezes just alt tab and restart

SETTINGS > ONLINE > HOSTING BANDWIDTH CHANGE TO 6M

Bumperino

Newfags are so concerned of being called reddit that they can't format properly anymore

if i buy on gog do i need galaxy to play online? please respond

No, but you won't be able to play online until they fix the servers

doesn't work

After trying for about 2 hours I finally got into a match with a bunch of people. The game is just as fun as I remember it, hope they fix the issues by tomorrow so we can all have a good few matches together.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

>Release a patch adding only Multiplayer
>Multiplayer is broken and mostly not working.

Great job.

Guys, what if EA intentionally made it so the Multiplayer patch would be broken so even people with ranger couldn't play it thereby killing the competition and forcing them to get the new Battlefront 2?

are they now doing prequel era, OT era and sequel era?

also, sequels have not a single cool character to play as. rey is shit, same for her pilot friend and the nigger stormtrooper, and even the "villain" is an annoying emo bitch boy. fuck.

working for me now!

GOG fucked up. They should integrated unofficial path in this update. Wasted opportunity.

I wonder how will it influence mods. I'm waiting for this one moddb.com/mods/cdt-foxs-ultimate-republic-side-mod and I'm afraid this update will delay it.

For 'fixing' this game, it sure breaks a lot.

Gameranger worked better than this does

GOT A WORKING METHOD BITCHES
WORKS EVERY TIME

tell us what it is fag.

where is the download link

Tell us

Wait are we playing vanilla of autismo 1 gorillion mods BF2?

I'm downloading from steam right now.

go here:

This worked for me. Stolen straight from a /v/ thread.

STEP 1: PRESS MULTIPLAYER
STEP 2: PRESS LEADERBOARD AS FAST AS POSSIBLE
STEP 3: WAIT FOR LEADERBOARD TO FAIL THE DOWNLOAD, DO IT ONE OR TWO TIMES
STEP 4: GO BACK TO JOIN
STEP 5: PROFIT

>ded link

Yeah it wont work every time though, generally speaking you just have to try and "trick" the game into getting you to the server list. I've found some other ways of doing it but it will not work every single time. Here's how I do it

>Press Multiplayer
>Cancel Busy
>Click Create, wait 10 seconds
>Click Join and IMMEDIATELY press the escape key after you click join (or the game will crash)

Sometimes this will instantly work and you'll get the server list, other times the game will freeze before you can hit escape or it will freeze on the server screen for no apparent reason.

Wont work every time but there are some tricks you can get it to work sometimes if you can't wait for a real fix.

Why not just continue playing via gameranger if the multiplayer update is broken for a lot of people until they fix it?

The update broke its compatibility with gameranger apparently.

Most of the GameRanger servers are pretty empty or have connection issues

How do I fix my mouse not responding?

Wasn't there a Humble Bundle a while back that had II in it?

How do I get rid of the mouse acceleration?

I'm in, what is the password for the /v/ server that I am seeing on the server list???

this does work for bringing up the servers but sadly it wont let me connect to any of them

Either 'rage' or 'clankers'

Yeah, same here. Worked but when i try to join the server it just loads for a bit, goes back to server screen and im unable to re-join unless i restart the game ;-;

same here. i can get the server list but not able to connect to anything.

Same, joining session then nothing happens

Playing the GoG version, I just can't join any sessions.

It just ticks up to 60 and sends me back to the server list.

;_;

Getting this too.

i tried joining the /v/ server with the wrong password and got denied. so i'm not sure if that means that my client is communicating with the server or not. at this point if we can all get the server list but not connect i think we're gonna have to wait for a fix from GoG boys

Server died didn't it? Doesn't come up in the menu

Yeah I'm getting the same problems as you guys now actually, it worked for me earlier, I joined a couple of games. Doesn't seem to work very reliably but hey, at least you can get onto the server list and try joining matches now.

I just got in.

Keep trying guys, it will pay off if you keep at it.

swsaga.ru/

Can revert to this while waiting. comes preloaded with a fuckload of mods and has a GR compatible variant of the executable and shell files.

Yeah, the server decides to time out for 60 seconds every time i try to join.

I found a way to circumvent this by going to the scoreboard, letting it scan, fail, then enter the password and try again so you dont have to restart.

At least im not stuck at 0% right off the bat but i cant find a fix for the waiting till 60

That will happen with most servers but with some it wont, it's just buggy as fuck at the moment and a lot of it comes down to luck but if you just keep using this method and trying to join a server, it should work EVENTUALLY at least.

listen user go fuck yourself for giving me false hope. enjoy your shitty game nerd

I didn't give you false hope, you expected it to work instantly like an impatient child more than likely. I've been trying to find a fix for this shit since the first thread and this is the closest anyone seems to have got to getting into matches and getting the server list to open consistently so go fuck yourself you useless whiney faget.

lol i was only pretending to be mad thanks for the (You) virgin

It works on my machine™ but everyone and everything is teleporting around and shit, it's crazy.

>merely pretending
sure faggot

Same thing for me as of like 15 minutes ago, but crashed after 2 maps, Death Star and Geonosis. Pretty sure the servers themselves having bizzare ping spikes and units rubberbanding around the battlefield has more to do with the servers themselves being homebrew than the multiplayer connection service itself,