/ng/ Nioh General

PC soon edition, end of days? Beginnings of hell?

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD (embed) (embed)

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Green/Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough) or sell if you have a fuckton of top-tier materials
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed) (embed) (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed) (embed) (embed)

Major new shit
>More than 2 item sets available! Buy them from Tome (/bestgirl/) with favour points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

First for Best spirit

I don't know why it is, but I suck against most human or humanoid bosses. I can beat any yokai boss in abyss but not them.

humans usually have horseshit attacks that are hard to read

off the top of my head i can't think of a yokai i don't enjoy fighting

>Hold up a second, huge Wirriam. I got this.

BULLY

What a great matchup

I think I've terrified everyone who wanted it give the mode a go although Im just using basic mechanics

most people starting never use ki pulse

if they do, they MIGHT get a round off me

Humanoids blocking is the most frustrating aspect of the game. I'm on WotW lmao1kat and kicking or sword ki doesn't do anything to the "elite" units.

>Just running at each other and mashing light

Honorrabu as fuck

No one?

It also helps that most of the bad yokai bosses are too big/gimmicky for the abyss, like giant centipede, umi bozu, gasha and yamata no orochi.

>having to question dropping $10 on something
man it's ten fucking dollars

Posting some Abyss only sets for people curious.
>3pc
Increase attk and def Gyokuto
>5pc
>Status Ailment relieved (strng attack)

that seems pretty damn solid unless I'm retarded?

The problem in abyss for me is how they have no cooldowns and you can't interrupt them.

>yokai i don't enjoy fighting
hino-enma
yokai shiggyzane
onyudo
wheelmonks
le fox of huge hp and grabs
orochi "boredom: the yokai"
red kappa of paralysis and bullshit grabs
umi "worst boss arena ever, not giving a shit about not fire doesn't help either" bozu

>6pc
>close combat attack (enemy with ailments)

>Status Ailment relieved (strng attack)

That's really good holy shit.
Also, it's about time Gyokuto got some recognition.

Forging user from the last thread
How do I add + to my gear outside of the abyss then? I would assume the soul matching system but what is the process involved?

0 + 1 = 1
1 + 1 = 2
2 + 2 = 3
3 + 3 = 4
and so on

>6pc
>Inc damage(enemies defeated with LW)

Does Tenacity stop Leeching Talismans from killing you?

you must soul match gear, material should have same plus value or higher. Each match adds +1 (so if you match +0 and +32 you will get +1)

i find the first three outright fun, but i really only meant bosses. i'll grant you umi bozu, orochi, and even gasha dokuro, but i sorta disregarded them since they're only in their respective stages.

gasha is kekworthy if you actually bother spending like i dunno 5 minutes and slam that soul comb into crystals, you basically have infinite LW for that fight
yes

Yep

Well shit that seems like a nightmare. Do you just farm bosses or something and hope they drop the + gear you need or something?

I like this one, didn't some user said you could reforge stone damage for 9999% damage? Or was it this?

If you plow through higher difficulties you can just pick up whatever you find and run with it.

you grind a LOT or just use abyss

How high you can theoretically push the stone damage with this?
>inb4 it's more than any offensive onmyo will ever achieve

Oh fuck yes. I can finally do a stone throwing build!
The needed effects are
>unlimited stones
>ki damage from stone 500%
>throwing speed up (stones)
>damage from stones 999%
on gloves.

In reality how much damage would that even make a stone do? It can't be enough to base an entire set around it.

i think someone tried back in wotw and it was like a very shitty kunai. With new stuff it probably hits like normal kunai
I think those are in the same pool

I had an Izanami earlier but disassembled it, had I known I was going to do this, oh well.
There's also a set that gives 300% bare-handed attack damage, I can't remember what it's called.

I have gloves with all those effects on them.
I could do about 1k damage on way of the wise with stones from behind.

>CTA spirit for 4 pieces
Spirit builds viable?

Last one from me. Pretty sure there's quite a few more out there.
Really, really like how TN's pushing the longevity of this game, props to them.

Were you also wearing the 5000% set?

No. Only those gloves in the picture no other throwing effects. That was around the second dlc.

>1K with those gloves
>5000% of 1k
Would stones be hitting 500k or some shit

I got a weapon with a modifier of fire damage +44.6%. If I apply a fire talisman, it only applies to the fire portion of the damage right? Ie, only the tiny 10% or so of elemental damage I dish out.

>hiraISHI armor
sensible chuckle

if it's 1k with 100% they would hit around 6k with stone set and gloves

>le fox of huge hp and grabs
Fuck her. I quit the mission as soon as I realized the fight was both her and Hideyori.

Can I quit the game in the abyss?

Am i just unlucky or don't revenants drop gear anymore? All i geg is ups and divine fragments

You're probably a higher relative level, the amount of gear you receive is based on your level difference.

To be fair she has her health toned down a fair amount

Thanks for believing in me guys. I know I was a whiny pain in the ass. Im going to stick with it. a couple questions:

-are Kunai worth using? Spammed them to beat Bat Bitch

- is there an item i can use to go back to Tome mid-mission?

Drop rates are utter shite now and if you're in wotw don't expect ethereal drops from revenants ever, the chance is korean mmo tier bad

Ok well that makes sense, 386 rev not dropping shit for my 326 guy.. oh well, getting gear like that felt like cheating anyway

Kunais are great when you have the skills and they are pretty good at fucking up ki.

50k per stone throw, but probably much less due to diminishing returns and defense buffs on enemies

Himorogi fragment takes you out of the mission at the cost of your amrita. Himorogi branches do the same but let you keep your amrita. You have to do the mission from the start if you quit out though.

kunai builds can do big damage with the right itemization

Even if you don't spec your kunai for damage, they're great for knocking things out of the air and quickly dealing with those floating elemental heads

Wait... so I would have to do Nue again?

don't start tweaking man you can do it

yes

You know it
Don't keep her waiting, user

three times

Wait, are you saying I should go for it or no? I realize now I was being an impatient, overly-aggressive dickhead when I tried it yesterday

How far are you willing to go for your fishfu?

well don't branch out if you don't actually need to for the time being

jsut finish the damn mission already you turbo casual

I dont know who the fuck fishfu is

Im asking if I should use the Hikikomori Branch/Fragment to restart The Spirit Stone Slumbers, forge a new weapon and give it another solo go

Just finish it. You can git gud later.

More like he will have to git gut because at least 3 nues are waiting. Probably wouldn't happen anyway.

I finally got FAN MAIL

dat user name

Damn.. I really wanted to beat every boss solo in this game. Which of these weapons should I forge? Im doing a Living Weapon build, and you guys said my Earth Spear was doing pissdick for damage. If one looks interesting I can post a pic of it

Thanks for the help so far

Nue's a chump when you get the gimmick though, only the Spider woman is an easier boss.

Nue is weak to water, and water as whole is useful due to the physical def debuff.

Gotcha. So which of those weapons would work best?

Which ones have you bought moves for? Spear is in a really good place right now. Check how many water talismans you have, if you've picked up any.

>Make spear build
>It's weak as fuck even with 99 body
What the fuck why is it so bad? Did I fall for a meme with all of the spear talking?

I'd just take the one with the highest damage output and best modifiers (if any) and slap a water talisman on it. It costs you literally 1 point to get the water talisman I think.

Ive equipped two Talisman. Should I not be using the Earth one I got from that dumb Chasing the Turtle mission? I also have 57K in gold, Ive hardly touched it so far

I have never tried Earth on it. I mean I guess it could be good to deplete its ki? But yeah I'd rather use water on it.

If you want to beat Nue the easy way then keep mid distance and only attack its face when it does the lighting breath, then stagger the fuck out of him. How many hits exactly you can get in depends on your weapons. The other mid-long range attacks like the 4x thunderbolt, poinson breath and roll/leap are very easy to evade with a bit of distance between the two of you and a bit of running. No dodges or blocks required.
There are several more openings for you to attack, but this is the ultra casual strategy that works independently of build.

This weapon looks intriguing, though it is only Level 15 while I am 34. Thoughts? Thanks again for spoonfeeding a newfag guys

at NG you should be just thinking about gear level

autism doesnt start until DLC or NG+

Honestly man when just starting out pick out a weapon style you like, choose the highest damaging one and go to town. 15% extra damage from a 120 damage weapon isn't going to amount to a whole lot. Worry about that stuff in the last 2 regions and ng+ and stuff

Any weapon will work m8, you just need to get used to its moveset. That strategy the other guy mentioned will get you through the fight.

Anybody fancy helping me out on "resentment unleashed?" Password VG

What difficulty?

Vanilla, still new like

For something that wants to destroy the world, she sure is cute.

Do you want everything one shotting?

Would you pet her?

I wouldnt be against it, i just wanna finish vanilla before i proceed to ng+

I really dig the Kusarigama. How would it far against Nue, and what stance would be most effective?

>what stance would be most effective?
you always switch to whats more effective at the moment depending on what moves you need at the time

its part of the skill of nioh

Literally any weapon in literally any stance.

I'd just stick with low stance and do square into triangle combos while on thr move or if he's hurt go to high stance and just spam square.

This.

>tfw the abyss is already a repetitive grind at floor 70

I don't even bother with planes unless one of the status effects is torpor on hit. Sometimes sludge and paralysis depending on how strong the boss is. I'm still only getting +40-41 weapons from defiling too. What do I do, grind to floor 120 so I can get some slightly higher + weapons so I can grind to floor 200 and so on?

>playing the abyss
>Big nig punches me in the gut
>game glitches out and wirriam lies on the floor incapable of moving or taking damage

I really feel like they should powered up saoirse or something, or given her more lines in the dlc. It was cool when she showed up in the tutorial mission and said stuff