/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

420 Snail It
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-10-scientists-electricity.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uat8laSf7gc
a.pomf.cat/webzsc.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DED

second for pain

gmod when

never

>ENGINEERING

>gmod when
when you stop forcing memes
so; never

Hello /egg/

Rate my Factorio modlist please. Am I missing anything good? Did I go too far?

(1/2)

>Auto Research
Picks from your research queue, dependencies and then prioritizes low effort techs
>Auto Trash
Keeps your inventory clean of certain items
>Autofill
Auto inserts items in certain entities when placing them in the world
>Big Brother
Radar upgrades and surveillance
>Bottleneck
Lets you locate input starved machines
>Bullet Trails
Cosmetic
>Equipment Hotkeys
Hotkeys for exoskeleton, night vision, personal roboports
>Even Distribution
Lets you grab a stack and press CTRL+Drag over a bunch of buildings to distribute that stack evenly across them. Very useful in early game
>EvoGUI
Gives you evolution percent on screen, along with played time, time of day, pollution, etc
>FARL
Makes setting up rail networks easier with blueprints
>Ghost Copier
Blueprints set to manufacture a certain item keep that setting when you place the building
>HandyHands
Auto handcrafts items that are quickbar filtered and you don't have enough of when your queue is empty, very adjustable settings (for example if you always want to have X of certain item on hand)
>Honk
Just a horn for the trains when stopping, starting, or on command
>Laser beam turrets
Cosmetic
>Max Rate Calculator
Calculates max consumption/production rates of buildings
>Module Inserter
Mass insert modules into machines with pocket bots
>Picker Extended Version
Gives player's pipette tool quick blueprints, quick planners, ghost building revivers, entity moving, orphan finding, etc. Also increases interact range, adjustable
>Rampant
Improves enemy AI by giving them the ability to probe defenses, retreat, reinforce, counterattacking, rallying, and player hunting. Removes homing biter projectiles (but all settings are configurable to change the difficulty to your taste, you can keep the homing projectiles on)

Continued ->

Since people didn't like the last pack and asked for a more stripped version, I trimmed it down to this. It's basically bobangel spacex + yuoki + pycoal with some extra military (additional turret and aircraft) put in and the most basic of QoL mods added.

If people didn't like pycoal I can remove it but I thought it would be a fun twist as I've been playing around with it lately. Any opinions on this list such as things to be removed or something QoL I missed?

>RSO
Overhauls resource spawning system, very configurable to your taste - for example you can make resources much more far apart but richer as you travel farther, etc
>Scan New World
Saves you time by scanning your starting zone when you load into a new world, so you can plan your layout from the getgo better
>Side Inserters
You can tweak inserters to grab from their sides
>Squeak Through
Makes your character able to squeeze through entities tightly packed together, like pipes, drills, etc - it should seem as if you're not a fatso anymore
>The Fat Controller
GIves you real time info on your train network in the GUI
>Upgrade Builder and Planner
Set up what buildings you want to replace with which other ones, then just drag a box and have them in your inventory, voila
>YARM
Helps you keep track of mining sites and how rich they still are, so you know when you should start expanding

eternal suffering

Gun turrets, laser turrets, or flamethrower turrets?

Which to use when?

Laser turrets are eaisest, but true dwarf mode is nothing but three layers of flammenwerfers

artillery when

>long range scorched earth bombardment on disgusting ayys
Why isn't this a thing yet?

soon

There's a mod for that

Additional Turrets

There's always Orbital Ion Cannon

Honestly, heavily modded KSP is /egg/ worthy. I'd be fine with the devs not ever touching it again, modders basically did everything for them anyway. The real life overhaul or whatever it's called is great too

I guess they learned from Bethesda

It has it's own general, do not enable them.

It hasn't existed for a long time

>when you find some drone spamming faggot and unleash dual crickets upon him
>he tries limping away on 2 wheels like an animal torn in half, as you honk your warhorn, and unload the second volley

>meme
Has everyone forgotten about spacebuild and wiremod?

>Honestly, heavily modded [REDACTED] is /egg/ worthy.
Kill yourself you subhuman piece of trash for even daring to suggest that.

Fuck me I need to buy a horn already

why are people so pedantic about KSP here

Check some archives

>why do people hate the only game whose general was so cancerous it got banned from Veeky Forums
archives and fuck off

phys.org/news/2017-10-scientists-electricity.html
>Scientists can now produce electricity from tears

Is this how Monsters Inc. worked?

No, those were screams.
NegroGaf or leddit could fit the bill.

Any good way to increase throughput? in blue is the plates being made but the throughput issue is slowing down in the red. It's not an ore issue either since both lanes for both furnaces are packed

How do I protect my ammo racks in FtD?
Seems like any explosion that connects with the outer armor layer will detonate the magazine that's behind 4 meters of metal

Is this good enough for babies first nuclear reactor?

fuck, forgot the image

it looks like you need more furnaces

youtube.com/watch?v=uat8laSf7gc

The music in Factorio is so goddamn good

You need to put armour on the turrets themselves because of how explosions interact with sub-objects like turrets

Do you only have one row of smelters? Red belts can sustain ~48 steel furnaces. In order to get 1 science per second of all the sciences, IIRC, you need 5 blue belts of Iron and 6 Copper

yeah you may be right, pretty annoying though

>try to play crossout
>drones
>drones
>drones
>drones
>OP hovercraft with 8-12 hovers that wont die
>drones
>drones
>another immortal hovercraft
>drones
>immortal hovercraft carrying drones

Welp, another building game I kind of liked down the shitter due to devs being fucking idiots.

Those are rookie furnaces. You need to pump those furnaces up

stop thinking so smol

No two see, 48 sounds good and I think move horizontally but I have to get past pic related. The worms are out of the range of any of my weapons and I keep getting sniped, I was trying to build some better armor or something

got cha, thanks

tfw no cute girl to engineer with

Put the turret in the first slot in your toolbelt, and a stack of bullets in the second slot.
Move to where you can build the turrets so their range can kill worms. Press 1 to use the item in the first slot of your toolbelt, lay down a few turrets in a row, then press 2 to put the bullets in your hand, then press ctrl+right click on the turrets to put half of what's in your hand into the turret. Practice this a few times till you got enough speed that you can do it before the worms hit you too hard. Also, make some repair packs

Or just bum rush getting to blue and black science till you can get tanks

Man, building anything large scale in survival in spengies from scratch is cancer.
>have to place one block at a time
>have to haul shitton of mats
I am tempted to just steal someone's blueprint from workshop for easymode welding with ship.

you're supposed to build in creative then import your own blueprints

See the part where you take a full belt of coal and a full belt of iron, and slam them together? Yeah, that's fucking retarded.
Do this instead.

But we're all cute girls here.

that's pretty neat, but why is this faster? are splitters faster than tracks? Also my issue isnt with ores, but I might try this out

Huh, for some reason I didn't even think of that.

wow, this worked

thanks user

it's faster because it doesn't try to feed 2 belts worth of shit down 1 belt

In Factorio, once I reach Solar energy, is there any point in keeping some Steam Power for backup? Meaning, is there any point in diversifying your energy sources or is it better to fully deprecate Steam Power?

Channel your autism to become a prodigy in AI and robotics. Make the girl.

There is no point in using solar energy.

you can set up circuit conditions to use steam when solar/accumulators can't keep up but imo it's not worth it

not that user, but less pollution yeah?

all cute girls
girls cute all

Exactly, it doesn't produce any pollution so what's even the point

>less pollution
You some kinda fag?

>elfs
In all seriousness, as your factory expands, there'll be bits where you don't notice that you don't have enough power from solar and get brownouts. Hook a power switch to a accumulator with a red wire, and have your steam engines be connect to the rest of your factory only if the accumulator falls below 20%. Should smooth brownouts out, and tell you when you should make more solar without stuff dying.

>actually having fun with kekout, terrorizing the power score pool matchmaking keeps throwing me on with constant MVPs
Does it get bad once I reach 4k power score?

Are Electric Furnaces in Factorio good? Or should I keep Steel Furnaces?

Hell yeah. The humming sound alone makes them worth using

I actually started using it and I like it a lot, the throughput on my ore I think is double

Once your start getting modules, it's worth it. Not really worth it without unless you got nuke reactors and need a power sink

Its shit at all tiers. Im amazed you havent been turned off the game already by all the seal clubbing in the 3000PS.

But yeah, the higher in PS you go generally the less fun there is to be had. You run into more and more meta builds as you climb higher.

>rotational and accelerational gravity are both now viable in spengies
>there will never be progression from using spinny ships to artificial gravity

Endar Spire/10

>tfw not a cute girl
>tfw no way to engineer my way into being one

Cute robot body designing sim when?

I need more pictures of cute bots or cute girls with cute bots, here's one I have.

Sure, I'll see if I have more

This is the only robutt stuff I have
a.pomf.cat/webzsc.mp4

They'll fix it soon enough and make something else brokenly overpowered.
Looking forward to /Crossbowout/? I sure am.

needs more dakka

Needs more portholes

Needs more pollution

What in the goddamn?

Good night /egg/

rest in pisces

Round 2

Sorry user, but this is a blue board and I'm sick of getting banned.

What made it to the final mods?

Could you archive it and put the entire folder on tinyupload?

>very high x3
>0.0075
>36000
shit nigga what are you doing

Is there some sort of wiki/guide to bob and angel's mods?

user that guy is retarded.

Put iron down both sides of the belt and have a separate line for coal. Use a long inserter to get the coal, while using a normal or fast inserter to get the iron.

Delete the todolist mod.

I'm sorry I can't do that Dave.

>no aegis
for shame

I want my CUTE ROBOT WAIFUS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why the fuck do you need a wiki or a guide
put stuff in, get stuff out
expand
build
research

it's not like they change that bit

just get the 'what it's really used for' mod