/simg/ Simulation Games General

/fcfsimg/ is just /simg/ fanfiction edition

>DCS: Do not buy M-2000C and NTTR and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkWTR6aEpjZlI4SDg/
>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher is a replacement for stock BMS launcher including key/axis mapping feature. It can configure and save BMS SETUP per Joysticks. When you launch BMS through this app, it auto generates proper setup files and overwrites them for current device order before BMS find them changed and initialize your setup.
>TL;DR: Your pain setting up controls is over

>TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Falcon 4 and BMS 4.33U3 setup
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in (embed)

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX (embed)

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE (embed)

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf (embed)

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Squad
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

First for fuck /fcfsimg/ BMS is fun as hell.

ded

Thanks for keeping it alive then exdee

BEE EM ESS?

>No BMS posting
>No modern sim posting
>No comfy civi posting

Already SHIT

So is /simg/ at the peak of death?

Finally a trash can where we can push il2 niggers to

>amraam goes on the wing ends
fucking knew it

pretty much

thanks discord furry-commie dicksuckers
really amazing job
>o-o-only a voice chat program
>we dindu
>we just furfags

who /crankthatsouljaboy/ here

grand-dad plz get off my computer

dont bother creating another th-
red
after this one

can we have a hoggit vs simg event to bring this place back to life

Has anyone figured out how to use the time machine in the mirage?

I want a harrier

We'll probably get destroyed desu

>He wants furry-commies out
>They go out
>He mad
???

for real though why did soviets not understand how important a decent RWR was

>soviets
>understanding
pick one

Beat it with a baguette and HON HON HON at it

There's autism, then there's that

>going through the m2000 manual
>oh this part seems fun
>note: this shit is not available

I question the feasibility of using a tiltrotor as a CAS gunship. They, naturally, cannot autorotate, and have a mechanical complexity that's absent in a traditional helicopter, making them more susceptible to a catastrophic failure if enemy fire causes mechanical damage

What is that about? I don't have a mirage, curious what does it miss

>tfw the F5 has a fast erect button but I don't

A bunch of ground attack releated shit and the autoland thing.

What about tiltjets then?

still ded

They're iffy as a transport, too. Only spec ops use them, now. In a conventional setting there are too many things that can go wrong, see the Yemen raid.

where were you when heatblur saved DCS?

Oh are they adding shit to do

Heatblur announced a dynamic campaign?

>Adding this shit
So this is why my DCS has such low frames

shut the fuck up

No tears, only BMS now.

Yeah seriously. Why have such detail on the back of a stick you will literally not even be able to see?

You won't have that much of detail, it will be bumped down. It's what everyone does, make hq, bump it down to optimize

reminder that you get considerably less frames in the MiG-21 cockpit than any ED or BST module.

Hmmmm, I wonder why.

>Only spec ops use them, now
bullshit

How do you do ils landings? All the things point at the runway, how do i know where to fly to line up with it?

ded

Have you guys played Sailaway? How is it?

Cephei is back, ops finally now

Who?

Man who always organized best ops in /simg/

Sorry, but i have only enjoyed Tyrannik's or Commie Pinko's missions.

LITERALLY nobody likes Cephei

>LITERALLY nobody likes Cephei
t. Jack

Question
In DCS (I know, >dcs) why is the R-27ER so fucking bad?
You can fire three of the fuckers, all in kill range, and even without any countermeasures they will randomly decide that they just can't today. They don't want to. They're going to fly off in a random direction any ol' fuckin' place they want.

But on the flipside, Why is the R-27ET so fucking good? That thing pulls more g's than the Archer sometimes to reach its target. My only kills in the flanker have been with R-27ETs.

So with this in mind. Why do I get so many slots for ER's but two slots for ETs? Are these missiles bugged or were they done this way for balance purposes? Why would the same missile with a heat seeker be far better than the same exact missile with a semi-active head?

Please, help me out. Is there a trick here with them? I want to git gud but it's hard when I can carry six missiles that are patently useless.

DCS ops, F-5 and Viggen
Hop in ts

Because ED is dumb.

Also you can't mount Ets on more pylons the connections are mission on the other pylons for seeker cooling.

Getting kills with ER you ideally want to be below a target and shoot up toward a target.

>Getting kills with ER you ideally want to be below a target and shoot up toward a target.
Okay, I didn't know that. Thank you. If I'm above them, is it basically a bad idea to use them at all?

>In DCS (I know, >dcs) why is the R-27ER so fucking bad?
Missiles are modeled shitty. ED hired missile expert or something few years ago, but since then nothing have yet changed
>You can fire three of the fuckers, all in kill range, and even without any countermeasures they will randomly decide that they just can't today. They don't want to. They're going to fly off in a random direction any ol' fuckin' place they want.
Myself I use them to get close to the bandit. He will evade, after he evade that, I shoot another ER. I get close and I'm in WVR and you're champion now with well employed archer(HEH SHLEM).
>But on the flipside, Why is the R-27ET so fucking good? That thing pulls more g's than the Archer sometimes to reach its target. My only kills in the flanker have been with R-27ETs.
I don't know a lot of stuff about missiles, but I guess it's because ED didn't care enough to improve LOMAC tier missile ballistics.
>So with this in mind. Why do I get so many slots for ER's but two slots for ETs? Are these missiles bugged or were they done this way for balance purposes? Why would the same missile with a heat seeker be far better than the same exact missile with a semi-active head?
You get many ER and only 2 ET because it's realistic capability. You can take extra 2 archers instead of jammer btw. Archers are your friend, keep that in mind.
But I can be wrong at all points I just said, so take it with grain of salt.

>Myself I use them to get close to the bandit.
Forgot to mention, I do that in head-on fight. I evade in limits of radar, so I don't lose the lock, and so does he, because I play in open conflict where f-15 can only get amraam if it lands in the next airfield(Not they spawn in).
Otherwise, if enemy doesn't know where I am, I never use radar missiles myself, because I can shoot 27T(ET is not available in airbase where you spawn) and get the sneaky kill

>Okay, I didn't know that. Thank you. If I'm above them, is it basically a bad idea to use them at all?

No but you need to be close and then it might miss. I've gotten plenty of kills by being above targets, if they are going really fast usually they hit.

What i usually do in the Su-27, is fly high just below contrail and scan all over the place.
Usually on these airquake servers I'll a bunch of people thinking flying low is better, then I'll keep them in TWS or if that's not possible ill just keep them on scope until they are almost in the NEZ zone. Most times people wont react to you until you lock and launch, since they think they are low and can't be seen. Then they'll start needing to maneuver hard, but since they have no place to descend they'll bleed a lot of energy, so usually the first missile hits, If not i just spam them down with missiles.

With the su-27 you need to think like a trickster and learn to use every trick in the book to win, never try playing fair and exploit every dirty trick in the book, because almost everything is stacked against you.
(And the EOS is mostly a meme unless you have good datalink coverage).

But most of the time i use the ERs as missiles that are going to make an enemy maneuver i never expect them to hit, I don't even are if they are guiding sometimes as long as the other guy is getting a launch warning, makes me wish there was a fake launch option.

Also take archers instead of the ECM its heavier and causes you roll even slower, also it's useless.

are ops going on now?

Anyone here still playing ETS2/ATS? Is the MP any good now? I remember when it was really buggy. Also anyone else holding out on the France pennant to rise in price?

Be gone and stay gone

>All the people hating cephei
It's like people don't like ops being made here

yeah let's go back to spamming "fuck off mosque" instead

>Organizes ops
>Gets shit on
I will never understand this

t.Cephei

>organises ops to happen in 5 mins
>REEE WHY DOES NOBODY SHOW UP

Whatever
in my honest opinion he just wants better for simg, not like those punks who are top heads now and don't do any ops

ITT: People pretending to be Cephei pretending not to be Cephei talking to people hating Cephei

t. Cephei

You know it

Yeah, but he's a control freak.

you niggrr theres a rear post your supposed to line up with the front sight

explain and how

>that fucking barrel roll attack
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIICE

nice 'sim'

a landing was made.

i may be slow but at least i can work a gunSHIT

put red circle in green hole and shoot

Is BAT the definitive Il-2 1946 mod or what? Is that what I download to to get the best 1&2&3 gen jet experience?

do i boom and zoom in RoF?

yes

Even worse, due to the increased input lag of turbines

Marines use them as transports, and they're extremely useful in that role, as well as a cargo-hauling role, so long as they stay away from enemy fire.

A lot of the nasty accidents you hear about from the V-22 took place during their testing phase, though the fact that the wings need to fold adds a ton of complexity to an already profoundly complex machine, which leads to some serious mechanical reliability issues.

Whoever recommended this thing, thank you, it's amazing

Marines would use pogosticks as transports

The vanilla DC-3 can eat a fat dick.

Also, as you can see from the top pic, it took me a while to figure out how to open the engine cowlings. This plane would be perfect for multi-crew, what with its multiple working crew stations and whatnot.

>this thing
wat thing

>Flying F5e
>F-18 spawns out of a base
>Starts tracking me
>Fly abeam to it, it launches an AMRAAM
>The missile hits me
>I instinctively eject because I've never survived one of those before

>For whatever reason, my aircraft was fine. Didn't even scratch it
>Pilotless aircraft continues its course and could have easily fought the F-18 if I was in it.

What the fuck, why?

Obviously as soon as you eject, muprhy laws dictate that the plane in question wasn't actually damaged. DCS is the only sim that realistically implements murphy's law