/hg/ - Halo General

#356 - Terminus Firefight Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>"Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare" is now available
- Can be purchased for $19.99 individually or included with the Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition
- Includes a new campaign where players take control of the Banished and return to High Charity to combat a flood outbreak on the Ark
- Also includes the new flood-themed survival mode Terminus Firefight, as well as new blitz cards and 37 new achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/happy-birthday-halo-3

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14044215
strawpoll.me/14044262
strawpoll.me/14044304
strawpoll.me/14044341
theverge.com/2017/10/3/16408638/microsoft-halo-recruit-vr-experience
youtube.com/watch?v=yDqlQEPJfiM
youtu.be/ROrbHlO1Flk?t=4m31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How good is this mode?
Please tell me it's more fun than blitz firefight.

>tfw no Halo 5: Master Chief & Friends Superstars Adventures in Dreamland

There is an error in the OP

The link for the download for SPV3 does not direct to the correct page. Can somebody post a proper link?

next map vote when

Ill have it up this evening.
All of round 5 all at once.

Say what you all will about its simplicity, it's reliance on nostalgia, or whatnot.

It's still a better map than spire.

At least Reach had dev made BTB maps

...maybe

He just wanted a ride

Should I pull the trigger, /hg/?

Remember to vote!

strawpoll.me/14044215
>Starting Gun?

strawpoll.me/14044262
>Player Speeds

strawpoll.me/14044304
>What special traits shall be used!
strawpoll.me/14044341
>Player health

>How good is this mode?
It's truly amazing, miles better than that blitz firefight crap and the best part is that it actually has a search for players function, unlike blitz firefight. Just keep in mind that it's basically a tower defense game, so if you're not into that kind of shit you won't like this mode.

If you don't have the game: sure.
If you have the game: why would even consider it?

be nice

tl;dr
M$ wanted to make money in russia, ported ODST to PC (Reach and 4 were too demanding for the average slav PC), modded it to make it look and feel like Halo 4, made a p2w cashgrab in the process, game died in 6 months, some user leaked the code on /v/
Two years later it was playable and way less "halo 4-ish"
Then, community spent 1 year modding it; game is going to be publicly released in 2 weeks

Who cares, my laptop is shit and can't run it.

What if you don't have the game but also want to play HW1 first?

you mean Halo: Online?

Well that's nice.
Just in time for the anniversary

theverge.com/2017/10/3/16408638/microsoft-halo-recruit-vr-experience

Time for /hg/ to fall for the VR meme.

pls no achievements

Is this the next Kinect?

I don't think the UE is available in the digital store anymore, so if you're buying it digitally, you have no option but to buy the Complete Edition+HW1. The other option would be buying a physical version of UE and then buying the Awakening the nightmare DLC.
Both options should be around the same price.

>It’s not a full game of Halo, nor will you be running around as Master Chief, but it’s a first attempt at how Halo could look in virtual reality.
It's fukin nothing

>It's fukin nothing
And that's a good thing, VR is a shitty gimmick.

They never made a halo kinect game :^)

What is Halo CEA

You mean other than Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, right?

You can still get digital downloads of the UE through other retailers and websites.

CEA did dabble in the Kinect tech. It was kinda cool desu. Turned the game into mishmash of CE and metroid prime.still though, it was all supplemental and cosmetic. Would have liked to see it go further. I don't expect much more out of this VR project.

CEA was kind of a testing ground for a lot of stuff that didn't go anywhere. I'm pretty sure it's also the only halo game to support 3D.

paying for games lol

There was no reason for it to be locked behind Kinect tho

pay for online multiplayer in 2017

You're the cancer killing the industry, eliminate yourself my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDqlQEPJfiM

paying for p2p lmao

>tfw no minecon vidya this year

Heel!

/hg/ arena and slayer this Wendsday WOAH. Now because I'm such a nice guy I'll do you all something nice. I'll make the map and mode visable. I'll let you play it on your own time. Customs. Solo. Hell someone could reforge it and show me.

Also oct 15th I start voting on my next project. A BTB map. Something large. But no need to even care for that. Since it's not even October 10th yet

This is admittedly something we should have never put up with

MY EEEEEEEEYYEEEEES

Looks terrible and is literal eye cancer.

He seems to have a tendency to make eyecancer maps, then spam invites to people who are already in a match.

I checked out the Cancer Terminal thing.

First thing I did was hop into the Wraith and try to get to the garage side.

... except I couldn't because the doors were too narrow and werent properly fit to scale, and therefore the Wraith is rendered useless and stuck to one side of the map.

Well duh because I have a filters on. Normally the light is barely bright and not sure how it isn't painfully obvious the colors look odd.

Look at any of the normal pictures.

Or perhaps a means of defense given it's on the defense side. You can shoot nearly anyone in the base. Not my fault your too stupid to know how to use a vehicle correctly. Probably why you can't tell when filters are being used. Or how you think any of these maps are meant to be professional or matchmaking ready.

>buh buh my spam

I invite anyone online. Maybe once or twice at most. And not just you. Don't feel too special im not centering my games around you. Sorry

>I invite anyone online. Maybe once or twice at most. And not just you. Don't feel too special im not centering my games around you. Sorry
I got like eight invites once, spammed while I was playing arena.

>Not my fault your too stupid to know how to use a vehicle correctly.
I wasn't any of the previous guys, just someone that tried out the Terminal map.

That is a legitimate problem with the map, and now you're taking criticism in the worst possible way. The Wraith cannot pass thru to the other side of the map, from either entrance, and it always used to. That is a problem with your map.

Position 1 (closed) no light.

/hg/ makes /hg/ island playable when

Well here's an idea. Fix it. Unlike some game with a problem you could easily forge something. Hell I could do it just so you can do one thing. Also the entire map was a random one made for fun.

I never claimed to be good. I never claimed the map would work wonders. I'm pretty sure I said numerous times to expect something bad or a joke

You're the one giving critism to something that you knew would have a lot of problems as if it was meant to be some amazing pro map

>is told a problem
>says it's everyone else's problem
>spams invites
>lies about it
Robeman, you're just making more people dislike you.

youtu.be/ROrbHlO1Flk?t=4m31s

For reference, hes Bungie's vignette on the map.

>You're the one giving critism to something that you knew would have a lot of problems as if it was meant to be some amazing pro map
That doesn't really excuse it for being bad, especially with a basic fundamental issue such as pathways you can't traverse through.

Criticism isn't a bad thing, Chief.

Open position. Also note for anyone worried.
>I dimmed this light a lot so it is not as bright as this picture. You can notice it but unless you have ADHD then it won't blind you.

>Juicy filter makes it blinding/odd. But that button is hidden and unlikely anyone would just find it right away

/hg/ island was always too big, even with 16 players. decent idea of teams fighting in circles though

What did I lie about? I'm very much wondering if you actually think I don't remember how Cancer Station came to be. I know more about it's creation than you do. Please stop.

And again when did I spam invites. Maybe once a month I'll invite more than once at a time. Normally it's (press Y to invite anyone online one time). Not spam. But hey I could just spam if you'd like that

>forge
>no ability to include textures
shit game desu

How can we make it playable when no one wants to test it?

>And again when did I spam invites. Maybe once a month I'll invite more than once at a time.
See, you're lying again. I got at least 8 invites from you to test Terminal, and then you immediately ended the game and switched maps.
You can go eat shit. Why even bother inviting people to playtest your map if you refuse criticism?

I would test the shit out of it.

Well i wish more people like you were around here a year ago.

>Well i wish more people like you were around here a year ago.
oh I thought you meant the one on Reach we did years ago

Yeah, that update dropped in June 2016ish. I had only joined immediately after/during.

Get on with the times grandpa.

colour me surprised, that looks good
but also still looks too big

I love it because there are not enough maps where the visuals can be a literal hindrance. Looks fun

The /hg/ island in 5 is fine.
Balancefags be damned. It's big intentionally

It is too big for competitive/serious gameplay for sure, since it was never tested (as far as i know). I remember it was made mainly as a meme map just to fool around and stuff, there was a floating club house not seen in that pic, working ziplines, vehicles "floating" on water, etc. I only played it once but it was really fun for just driving and flying around for an hour or two. I'd tell you to check it out yourself but i didn't save the map.

I didn't invite you 7 times unless Xbox keeps invites. I don't click your name 7 times and invite. If the several times over a week stack up then I'm sorry. But I don't invite you 9 or so times in one sitting.

Also I can take critisim but there's a line between saying how to fix something and obviously being a dick about it. You arent a professional forger yourself nor are you someone of merit. So maybe learn how to GIVE critism. Heres a little example. Some back critism

>Hey I played that map of yours. The wraith didn't actually fit in said location would be much better if you fixed it

Also lying about invite spam is pretty shitty because I can tell you at the very most MOST is I would press "invite player" 2 times within a few seconds. But inviting people randomly for some possible random fun/gaming isn't spam. Nor do I see a problem in wanting to play Halo with people.

How about give actual helpful points and not act like an ass. You or whoever was being an ass

There's literally like 2 or 3 different people posting to you, not just one person.

>says he didn't click 7 times, then says he didn't click 9 times
So you just admit to sending 8 invites. So just stop being an ass and making people not want to play Robeman's Shitty Maps: The Shittening?

Well I invite anyone online at times. Not just for customs. For COOP. MM. So it can apply to anyone. If you got a problem say it with honesty and try to actually help.

Maybe I could fix the wriath problem. Someone said theres somewhere you can't move? Show me it. I'll try to fix it.

Hell I even dimmed the light down on /hg/ arena just because I didn't like how bright it was. Even deleted some objects to make the map less crazy.

Give proper problems. I do listen. I pretty much let YOU guys make /hg/ arena. Down to the game mode.

>If you got a problem say it with honesty and try to actually help.
People did, and you told them to fuck off.

Not sure how saying I don't invite you "x" times in a close time period means I somehow did. 7 or 9 were random numbers used to drive the point I haven't. I even admitted I may have "spammed " maybe 2 times. Which is not 7 or 8 or 9 or whatever random number you or I would use.

And don't play it. I mean. I don't force you. I don't make you. Dont play. Fine by me.

>asks people to try to help
>demands they don't play it
Robeman, ladies and gents.

>fuck one
>marry one
>rape one
>kill the rest

I told some guy obviously being an asshole to fuck off. Not a hard concept. Don't hide behind the "but you can't take critism " shield while you use the sword of arrogance.

But because I like to prove idiots wrong I'll try to fix the wraith problem sometime this week. Even of it was addressed in a pretty mean way.

>Gives you the right to play if you want
>Don't play if you don't want

Woah. Its almost like I'm..... Letting you make your own choices in life. Woahhhh. Insane. Should I force you to play something you don't like?

>halo babes
>no Cortana

>Don't hide behind the "but you can't take critism " shield while you use the sword of arrogance.
see >First thing I did was hop into the Wraith and try to get to the garage side.
>... except I couldn't because the doors were too narrow and werent properly fit to scale, and therefore the Wraith is rendered useless and stuck to one side of the map.
This is being an asshole according to you.
And your response was >Not my fault your too stupid to know how to use a vehicle correctly.
You're the asshole here.

Except after he lied about invites and is now trying to use my name to obvoisly shit on me.

I wonder why I would be a little pissed when someone points out a problem then blatantly shit talk and acts like a dick.

Except those are separate people. You just have a persecution complex and insist that any valid criticism is someone being an asshole.

There are so many custom games with enormous nazi flags, never fails to make me laugh

How do I know it's different people? I don't see names and anyone could reply to themselves etc. How do I know "you" havent been the only person talking to me?

>Robeman's defense of being an attacking asshole when he gets valid criticism regarding to scale of a map remake is "you're an asshole samefag"
Mature.

I'm surprised 343 or MS havent banned this. Bungie banned KEK armor band that nobody would even notice while I see "Jew Paradise " maps with obviously offensive pictures. Shits the funniest.

Best is the one guy who had trumps face on the map picture. Map was bad but damn I loled. I wish I took a picture

Because these two posts:

are quite literally within the same minute of each other. Its also obvious by the the way one is "Reddit spacing' his post like here:

Given that this is /hg/ a place famous for drama. Bullshit. Lies. Fakes and such I wonder why. Ive been here long enough to know how rude and shitty people can be. Back during Reach/4 half of any customs we all played sounded like a high school girls gossip party. Down to name calling behind peoples backs. Groups within a group. Hate. People blocking people. People booting people. Muting people. Hell I was even guilty of taking sides.

Plus if you know my GT then why not share yours?

>now blames /hg/ drama for his map being an inaccurate remake
The walls could be fixed by now if you had spent this time working on it rather than crying.

>finally got my Orange Box disc back
Installing now, can't wait to slap on the nostalgia goggles and start erecting dispensers

I still need that "play with 7 friends" achievement. I think it's the last one I need.

good post reddit is not halo

Hit up VANTAVIA in an hour or so, add me and you'll probably see me on later