Capital Punishment

What's the best way to die and why is it the guillotine?

>small
>mobile
>egalitarian
>easy to make, pays for itself
>0% risk to executioners, can accommodate audience
>0% failure rate
>painless
>easy to clean

fuck off

Laser beam through your medulla oblongata, instant death once that part of your brain is fucked.

How is that different from a club to the back of the head? The actual suffocation and cerebral anoxia can take minutes, while decapitation is instantaneous.

Capital punishment is immoral.

In what way?

>What's the best way to die

A Tu-160 flies past and fires a nuclear cruise missile at you.

Life imprisonment is far worse.

Nope, the head survives for up to a minute or more after decapitation. There are many cases of heads continuing to mouth prayers, or responding to having their names shouted.

It's not clear how much is just spasming and other reflexes.

I remember reading somewhere that there were many societies in classical/medieval europe that had outlawry/banishment as the most severe punishment. Is this right Veeky Forums or am I remembering bad info? Hard to believe ancient societies didn't simply lop the heads off of anyone who was inconvenient.

Outlawry, as in what ancient Nordics sometimes condemned crimminals to, means you have no legal protection from anything. Let that sink in.

Probably works a bit better among mad Nordic warriors than among docile city dwellers. (And in the nastier parts of the cities, it's already assumed.)

Norway and Iceland had this in the viking age.

It was called Níðingr, essentially means lawless or honorless.

Because it's killing someone, and I don't have to tell you why killings is bad.

Its not. Only nu male libbies think killing is bad.

If killing isn't bad, then why is murder punished?

Killing in the sense of capital punishment.

What good does imprisonment do?

Keep in mind that the purpose of jail is not to punish people. Jail exist to house people who are a danger to society. The idea of punishment goes back to torture and extortion which is now frowned upon. The reason murder is bad because it is killing someone. Period. A just government should not allow it under any circumstances.

Social pressure maintains order. Cut off the hand of a thief in public and I'm sure those witnesses won't think of stealing. Putting them away in jail while making others pay for it? Top cuck. There's a reason cultures like ours never lasted long

In Saudi Arabia, you'd have your hands cut off for stealing, and are crime rates lower? Not really. Also people already know that stealing is bad, the reason people steal is all the same, poverty, envy, desperation. No amount of intimidation will change this. And to rehash the previous argument, if we start executing people, then that would imply there is nothing wrong with murder. Would you want to live in a country where murder is legal?

That's a lot of assumptions that has never been the case in history. Try reddit

Oh, are you saying that crime rates were lower in medieval times? Jeez, if you like backwater societies so much, then you should move to North Korea.

Except that isn't the case.

Wow, Saudi Arabia seems so great, maybe you should move there.

This is what children actually think.

I've been there and wish I could afford to live there. No tolerance for degenerate scum.

Without the open exchange of ideas, there would be no science. That means no computers, no internet, no running water, and no modern agriculture. Saudi Arabia produced no innovation, the workers and even the engineers have to be imported. If tomorrow Saudi Arabia decided to be independent from the world, then it would turn into Somalia. Although your selfish mind won't understand it, if your ancestors had decided to live like Saudis, then you'd by plowing fields, and dead by 25.