/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/here-are-demons-souls-red-dead-redemption-persona-5-dantes-inferno-and-more-being-rendered-in-higher-resolutions/
problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm#cdromprotectionscexstrings
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/tree/zeldamm_point_light
youtube.com/watch?v=MV5v0m6pEMs
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/176
bountysource.com/issues/43654105-backport-gpu-cache-emulation-bounty-centifized-now
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for FUCKING UPLOAD AN UP-TO-DATE BUILD OF GBE+ SO WE CAN TEST ITS NDS CAPATIBILITIES, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

>4:3
>1:1 pixels
>no glorious 69120:49 master race

What is Nintendo thinking?

CEMU bubble rapidly bursting, RPCS3 getting more love, and Malware64 getting rightfully shit on.

>forget step
>no sanity check
>I'm retarded

Should be 64:49 master race

vita emulation when

My oh my, how things change.

Reminder that Byuu is hoarding undumped games.

So, the ghosting is intricate to emulation on sony system after ps1?
PPSSPP doesn't have it right?

Has anyone had any success dealing with Bloom on new versions of Cemu for XCX?

The old patch worked ok for 1.7.2 but the performance is kinda shit and missing the ability to separate the gamepad.

I tried that necro shit but it doesn't seem to work well at all it just gets rid of bloom entirely and the bloomFactor doesn't do anything.

I tried to delve into the C code but couldn't make sense of it.

Anyone had any experience dealing with it? nVidia GPU btw.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu right now.

PPSSPP can have very bad ghosting in games that actually use bloom

This is fucked up texture rendering, not ghosting. Probably because you've increased the internel res.

>bloom
So that is always gonna be fucked if you increased the internal res?
Oh it's not mine:
dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/here-are-demons-souls-red-dead-redemption-persona-5-dantes-inferno-and-more-being-rendered-in-higher-resolutions/

IT WONT BUILD, GO ASK THE DEV.

rpcs3 is just in alpha so it would probably get fixed.
This is what ghosting looks like and require special build of the gs plugin to be avoided.

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER DUDE, I APPRECIATE IT.

Asked in the other thread but got no solution, any way to make the fast forwarding in Retroarch go a bit slower? Tried setting a negative value on the config but it didn't do anything

How do I emulate this?

Byuu should run for office. He certainly flip flops enough.

bum

is 3DS emulation good yet

How nice to see some justice before the end of this year

The next version he'll release will have Windows binary too (he said)

Tried 0.5, 0.25 or something like this?

Depends on what you want to play, I've finished at least 12 games on Citra already

problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm#cdromprotectionscexstrings

Ok, I'm halfway to build GBE+, anyone here can help me? When done I'll upload and link it in this thread

Ok, this is pissing me off. Tried 0.250000 and now the fps are dropping to 15 ALL THE TIME, even on menus, without me pressing any buttons. Also, I'm trying to play GBA and Retroarch keeps binding Turbo L and R to L2 and R2 on the controllers, and when I look in the config files it says nul.
So I say "fuck it, let's start fresh". I get the default config file, get started and now I can't load my save states, even after explicitly going to the Directory options and pointing it right at the folder. What the hell am I doing wrong here?
TL;DR can't unbind turbo L and R, got a fresh config and now can't load my savestates, what do

Where are all of the Emulationstation themes on the Windows installer? Tried but the exe and zipped, and it only comes with the simple theme. There's a bunch listed on the website but no download buttons.

found some by googling their names, but only 1 out of the 4 I installed worked.

Soooo?

Just bumping with a random image

Good choice, every bump should be some CI

Okay, turns out the fast forward speed is a multiplier, so setting it to 2-3x is doing the job. The default of 0 = unlimited speed up. Also somehow fixed the save state issue. All that's left now is how to remove the turbo from L2 and R2

I'll never get used to hi-res textures on low-poly models. At least if they had bump mapping they could make the ground and wall look less flat.

I've seen some guy using some kind of shader hook to create bump mapping on the fly for the emulated game (it was for PPSSPP), this kind of shit could be a game changer for graphics on emulation

Low Res + High Poly = hang yourself
High Res + Low Poly = UMA DELICIA

If you're able to use the "correct" textures that don't make the small geometry even more obvious, you're correct, but most people don't know how to do this/don't care

Nice

For Dolphin and PCSX2 hardware rendering, is Nvidia or AMD generally better than the other with similarly specced cards? I read the wiki, but it doesn't really say whether it matters or not.

Nvidia.

NVidia. For emulation in general is your best choice, even when the devs are not biased against AMD

Thanks. I'm planning an upgrade and wanted to get a little more oomph when it comes to emulation.

What GPU you have now? Maybe it's better to invest in a new CPU, most emulators will not benefit very much from faster GPUs

Wait for Volta. GPU prices are still inflated $100+ from the kike miners over the last 3 months.

I currently have an FX-6350 with a GTX 660. It's an old budget system that I didn't take emulation in to consideration when building. I'm now looking at upgrading to an i5-6500 with a GTX 1060 GB since they're still reasonably priced.

*GTX 1060 3GB
I guess I stroked out there or something.

Is there any up-to-date guide on how to run Retroarch or the cores on 3DS? Installed gpSP on my n3ds, tried to run a game but then nothing happens, there's no documentation on libretro... Youtube videos and forum posts from 2015 aren't very helpful

>i5-6500
Mistake.
>1060 3GB
Huge mistake.

Coffee Lake + Volta. Right now is the worst possible time to build a new PC.

>I'm now looking at upgrading to an i5-6500 with a GTX 1060 GB since they're still reasonably priced.
Wait for coffee lake and nab a 8350k instead

I don't need the latest and greatest shit with a bunch of features that don't matter to me, especially when I'd be forced to use the abomination that is Windows 10.

>I don't need the latest and greatest shit with a bunch of features that don't matter to me
a 8350k would be much better and almost the same price as the 6500 and whatever gave you the impression that you would actually need win 10 to make it work?

Okay, you go buy your low-tier meme PC instead of waiting a few months and building a significantly better one for the same price.

After some more research it turns out I was wrong about Windows 10. The language about Windows 7 and 8.1 not supporting Kaby Lake is kinda confusing at first glance, probably on purpose to try to get more people to move to Windows 10 even though they don't need to.
So yeah, Coffee Lake looks solid.

He's a furry. That explains it all.

gpsp requires a GBA bios, which you'd know if you looked at the core information or read the output on the bottom screen.

Though I don't know why the fuck you would emulate a GBA on a machine that supports the entire GBA instruction set natively.

bump

君の心の片隅で輝く星になりたい

GLideN64 Majora's Mask HLE code is public. github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/tree/zeldamm_point_light

Cool.

Any advice on fixing the artifacting in Yakuza on PCSX2 1.5?

yiff in hell furfag

>stretched aspect ratio

So, my steps to compile GBE+:
1. Use CMake to load the source code
2. Generate the project for Visual Studio
3. Open Visual Studio and get angry about it not compiling
ffs, can someone spit a binary already?

Stop posting this greasepig.

Mission Accomplished: SP literally paid for his crimes.

Next Task: Socially engineer SP into making peace with Ryphecha.

What's the full story even?
Why did he decide to acknowledge libretro out of the blue?

>Why did he decide to acknowledge libretro out of the blue?

Money makes people change

He's still hoarding undumped games. Fuck that furfaggot.

I created some highly relevant caps showing both sides of the story and including an archive, but there's no need to post them at this point, since I got what I wanted. The tl;dr of it all is that they both have big egos and highly abrasive personalities, they clashed, they made up, and now both projects will be better for it.

>Money makes people change
The donation came after higan-libretro, though.
But memes, right?

Hi byuu

>discussion on neogaf about emulators
>someone posts link to retroarchleaks
>byuu joins discussion
>radius tries to defend SP but gets headshotted
>for SP neogaf is sacred shrine about japanese video games and source of fools for his patreon
>so he gets little angry
>IRC rant length: 57 minutes
>themaister saves the day and returns to maintain higan core
>luigiblood/reddit drama
>behind the scene talks with hunterk
>byuu hides post about harassment
>gets a restraining order against SP and $100 in damages

Citra will soon be saved thanks to the texcache and vertex thread.

Who's SP?

He's Byuu, only slightly less of a spastic.

>saved
Not exactly, we still need tons of work on other areas. Compatibility is ok'ish, but far from what we want. But yes, some of the most problematic games will reach fullspeed, just remember that the new code for the texture cache doesn't affect many titles

Daniel DeMatteis aka SquarePusher aka TwinAphex

I'm still going to create LaBird+do OC every time a new meme feature/core is released instead of fixing Beetle PSX

literally just inject the gba games as cia so they run natively

call it what you want, but nobody seems to care about "cyberbulling" until someone kills themself

youtube.com/watch?v=MV5v0m6pEMs

People like you make me SICK. Words LITERALLY hurt.

So I have a thinkpad T530 running arch. I repasted it and it's running very cool now, so I figure I might try some emulation.
It's got an i7-3520M and an NVIDIA NVS 5400M card.
Could it handle PS2 games like Ace combat 5 and god hand?
I know I should just be trying it out instead of asking you guys but I'm dorming currently and not only is the internet shit, torrents are blocked.

How come we're all ignoring the shit show that is sega arcade emulation?
the only working model 2 emulator is closed source, model 3 development only runs a few games and even then it's rarely full speed, and apparently the mame devs are hiding the source for both systems.
What the fuck

At full speed? No. That CPU is fast enough to accurately do PS1, though.

Shit really?
I don't mind if they play at native res as long as I get muh 60fps.
the cpu isn't strong enough to run ace combat in software mode?

What's so important about Beetle? I'd rather see more progress with ParaLLEl

If Beetle PSX gets a few things backported, there would be no reason to go with standalone and it would become THE accurate PSX emulator with no caveats.

What else should be backported besides the FFVIII flicker thingie?

github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/176

Literally never-ever though.

Ah yeah, I remember that. Thanks.

It's a retail released game. Now that people know a revision exists and they know a certified byuu good hash, they can buy it and dump or themselves.

No kidding. I want muh lightgun games.

No one really cares about arcade emulation anymore since mamedev sucked all fun out of it.

Why does the bounty not show up? There's been a $20 bounty on this for several months

bountysource.com/issues/43654105-backport-gpu-cache-emulation-bounty-centifized-now

I mash the "Put Away" button but nothing happens, please help.