/fng/ Fortnite and Fortnite Battle Royale General

>PvE Updates, Block party is coming back.
epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/news/announcements/67608-what-are-we-working-on-save-the-world

>Patch notes, duos releasing this week, supply drops (re)introduced at the same time.
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-1-6-4-patch-notes

>Download
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

>Squad Discord
discord.gg/rEqfETy

>Listen to this every day:
youtube.com/watch?v=aoxiqRQNk6o

>Fap to Penny
>Build cover
>Shoot Straight
>And ALWAYS shitpost about the black girl needing a nerf
Battle Bus to the previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqJtRAk4yXg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Building a roof with one raised tile provides cover from two angles for only 10 wood.

To do this, press the key for a roof, press G to edit it, and click on one of the tiles. It will save that configuration for the rest of the round if you do that in the pregame lobby.

First for Jewmaru

In addition, while erecting it, you can erect a shaped floor tile at either 3/4ths or 1/4th and get additional cover. On top of that, a regular wall tile can be erected along the dividing lines between 4 corner tiles for further safety measure.

>Remove weapon tiers, add more weapon types.
why not
>Add actual items for loadouts such as armor, mods for weapons (not limited to barrels increasing muzzle velocity, improving bullet drop etc.)
Weapon mods seem too "realistic" for this game and I don't think the inventory management mini-game that comes along with it is nothing but tedious. We already have shield potions so there's no real need for armor, I'd like to see some different kinds of potions instead.
>Bullet enhancements (stun = briefly immobilizing target, flame = adds a burning DoT to target, frost = slows movement speed etc.).
Could just bind these unique damage types to specific guns.
>Add gadgets such as a radar showing nearby players as blips, wallhax goggles, footprint detectors etc.. Of course these will be heavily limited to not break the game
Most fights are won by the guy who spots the other first so giving that info with the push of a button via some gadget sounds really annoying.
>Transportation found throughout the map such as deployable gliders, electric scooters and so on
Map is so small that you don't really need vehicles.
>Very good items in chests preceded by platforming sections that may or may not require building
There are some chests that require you to build or drop on them and I'm assuming the addition of supply drops will affect chest loot drops so it's best to wait until the next patch and see how things work.

Why doesn't this game have splitscreen on console?

is there no hotkey to drop equipped weapon in fortnite or am i 'tarded?

Why does my crouch and map button for controller never works, I have tried everything but it just doesn't work no matter what

Anyone else coming across a lot of aim/wall hacking?

I normally don't accuse people of aim hacking but this shit is blatant. Had 2 games in a row tonight where the winners aim was perfectly following people through walls. Their cursor would snap to players they hadn't even seen yet, even if they were on the other side of a rock or building.

Why would you need one? You will automatically drop whatever you're holding if you have a full inventory and you're trying to pick something up, unless you're holding the pickaxe.

to quickly and easily give weapons to teammates. would be really, really useful during the beginning phase

Go into the actual menu and press X

gay as fuck. what shitty forethought from the devs

Yea I just finished spectating an aimbotter/wallhacker after he killed me. I reported him via the feedback system, then I uninstalled the game. It's a shame because it's a very fun game, but it's unplayable with the number of cheaters. When your game is completely ruined by even 1 in a hundred players cheating and you're F2P, anti-cheat should be implemented before the game is even released. There's too many extremely bad people in the world to not have that implemented first thing.

Had one tonight. If i start getting 3 or 4 a night im just quitting. Not going to waste 10+ minutes just to get lasered down by a 0 bloom aim botter

it takes no time at all to drop shit

Does the battle royale really have no lootboxes/costumes or am I missing something?

I mean, it's great that one game out there isn't on this gambling bullshit but I wonder what's the point business-wise of it being F2P if they won't profit at all from it next year when the PvE also goes F2P.

The major draw of the F2P was to generate interest in Fortnite overall. Everyone forgot it existed so they rushed out the PvP mode they've been working on since mid-Alpha and then Bluehole was retarded enough to take the bait and comment on it, generating a ton of interest, since it's literally just "free PUBG with building mechnaics."

And now they're allowing their game to be ruined by cheaters.

it takes enough to make it a bad design choice. the action of dropping items is very un-fluid with the gameplay. having to access an inventory screen (and leave yourself totally vulnerable) in a game like this is just poor forethought. i guess that's what happens when you design a game catering to console controller layout

>Thanks for giving me silver, user~

Don't forget, friends and foes, due to the nature of the Horde Bash, you'll need to bring several power levels of Schematic. Cause you won't be able to bring anything you already crafted nor any of your craft mats, building materials, and ammo. You can get more through clearing waves and the new Horde Tree. But that basically means you'll be using cheap crap weapons that don't take COPPER until you get it and then that until you get SILVER and so on and so forth if you manage to push that far.

>tfw I want to squad with Veeky Forums but I'm afraid someone would notice I use aimbot

Pretty pathetic Pirozudo

I would report you immediately, and I'm sure many others would aswell

So you're saying I should have some max level copper/silver weapons ready? Any other tips?

Some Max Level Copper/Silver in Green/Blue rarity. Cause we don't know what the mats distributions will look like yet and you may need some filler that's stronger than your max Copper Epic/Leggos, but doesn't take Silver and a gallon of the 2* mechanical parts and similar. Since shit goes up to Power Level 100, that means you'll want to do this for every tier you can, since the rare mineral for each tier will probably be scarce as you push up into each set of ranks.

another reminder that solo no fill squads is doable with two rifles

can we delete the shotgun jump spam meta

>watch solo vs squads high kill count
>starts off with high rolling scoped ar
hmmmmm

Git gud on your own.

It's ok user we are all cheating

Actual scum tho

Nobody cares. Soon the game will be nothing but cheaters, anyway, might as well have some fun while you can.

Is there a way to empty weapons of ammo?

Nope, there is no unloading as of yet

hold down m1, duh

>get white pistol
>ambush some dude and get his gold SCAR
>nice
>dick around for a bit getting potions
>die to sniper
>think eh whatever I was probably too visible anyway
>spectate them shooting rockets at the house the last guy is hiding behind
>switches weapons
>finally crests the hill properly and headshots a guy they couldn't have predicted in that time
I wasn't mad at first

lmao at these fucking pcucks whining about cheaters
serves you right disgusting neckbeards

Thanks man, you too

i'm bored, when is the update out?

tomorrow :^)

When are snipers gonna get nerfed? It's shouldn't be allowed to get one shotted by some faggot 2 miles away, abusing third person so I cant even see him while he stalks me.

>Totally not a walking simulator

The amount of dipshits that die in the storm amazes me.

>Get no sniper
>Lose
What a fun game. Sure it has much to do with skill and isn't decided my luck at all.

>Needing a sniper rifle

I won my last game killing the last two people with a green Tactical Submachine Gun. Step it up son.

It's sad that you do this just to annoy random people on the internet. Life must be so hollow for you

>I wanted until the storm started moving when I was on the furthest side from the circle
>I will now blame the game for my incompetence
Kek just uninstall m8

>absolutely need sniper or it's a guaranteed loss
Nah man you just suck. Git gud or go home

I wish they'd give rifles first shot accuracy even if it meant giving them damage fall off, it's annoying to stay still crouched and still have your shot miss at mid range because of rng.

Feels bad man. The semi auto rifles feel almost useless in any engagement imo. Try prioritizing scoped rifles they might fit your playstyle a little better.

Scoped rifle is broken and is going to get nerfed for sure.

Consoles arent powerful enough to render everything twice at a playable frane rate.

omg I'm watching PvE on twitch and it looks really boring base building and defence is cool but it's like an hour of gathering building materials

>Play solo
>Wipe out teaming faggots
Is that the reason why they team? Is it because they are fucking garbage at this game?

>Team mate jumps over chest.
>Open it
>Pick up the weapon
>Toss it down to them
>They decide to just kill me
For what purpose?

>Need base perms in order to shoot sploder tanks in a SSD
What the actual fuck

that and no duo queue

d'you know what I'm not queuing squad solo anymore because I never high roll scoped AR and there's no point playing if you don't have the weapon advantage

gitgud

Do you think the pve part of fortnite is worth buying or should I just wait for the f2p launch?

>tfw you binged and bought the ultimate edition for yourself and your gf
>tfw regret nothing except being near broke

you'd only get the F2P version, which is grindy as fuck
not to mention you'll be waiting up to a year

Do you have any friends to play it with? It's really fun for about 20 hours and then the grind gets fucking real

To make you make this post

From what I heard you got a bit of a grind no matter what you do

That's pretty much the same thing I hear. Decent gameplay, everything else a bit painful

>but it's like an hour of gathering building materials
Because the retard probably doesn't send expeditions, farm solo beforehand nor keep spare mats in his stormshield. I hat

yeah, there's grinding regardless, but F2P is a *massive* grind

*I hate those guys

>I hat
*tips fedora*

If you go full goyim, all you need to grind are drops of rain and other upgrade items, because you get a shitload of your XP from retiring all the weapons/characters you don't want.

If you go F2P mode, you need to grind all that xp, all the drops of rain and shit, and your weapon/character acquisition is both timegated and luck-gated because the only way to really get new shit is to grind dailies for 50vbux/day. Llamas cost 100-1500vbux and the 100 ones only have a 5% chance of giving you anything worthwhile.

How does a top ten sniper not know that you shouldn't stand still out in the open, you are literally using the weapon that punishes that behavior.

not really, the 5% chance is just for a gold llama
silvers still drop pretty good stuff now and then

Silver is like 16%

Yes yes yes, very pretty fort you are building. However!

>PvE servers have been getting progressively shittier since BR came out
>have to keep trying to re login over and over again
>all because of a PvP mode that I can't even play co-op because no ps4 / pc crossplay

I'm guessing I can't wait for the f2p, try out the pve and then throw down money if it seem worthwhile?

who knows?
you can probably get the standard edition for like 30$, there's a lot of people like me who got a fuckton of extra copies from the ultimate edition

I don't see why not, but if I were you I'd try to get a key from someone in here for cheap/free. A lot of people paid for the $100-$200 version and got a handful of standard edition keys to give to their "friends". That's how I got my key, anyway. You could probably snag one for like $5-10, because their keys are only getting more worthless by the hour as the game gets dedder and closer to F2P.

You're right. I have a few humble bundle codes laying around. If someone has a spare ps4 code I would trade 4-8 for one?

what humble bundle games?

This was the most intense match I had so far and my first squad win with randoms youtube.com/watch?v=oqJtRAk4yXg

I have two more pages worth. Post them here or through steam?

But user, there is Ps4/PC crossplay.

only on PvE, which is why i bought the game

was mostly curious
>literally who indie games, as expected
i'm probably going to try to get 25-30 for my copies on ebay or wherever

>stealth my way to the end
>have a bunch of good guns
>final 2
>other guy spots me and starts shooting
>build myself cover
>he hides behind a tree
>watching tree while staying hidden
>hes not moving
>eventually get killed
>he had snuck past me and got behind the storm to get me from behind

I ain't even mad. That was a nice and risky flank

Reasonable, that's why I was willing to trade so many

yeah, sorry user
though i'm sure you'd be able to find somebody, maybe compile the three lists into one?
i think reddit has a few gametrade subreddits too

Wtf is loot drops going to be? They're going to ruin the game with microtransactions aren't they?

you could have just shot down the tree

dude
they're supply drops in-game

>found 2 gold scars
>full shield
>blue scoped rifle
>had to go out
;_;

I was waiting for him to peak. I was covered but with cheeki 3rd person view I could still watch the tree. I was gonna pop him with my golden scar but the sneaky shit managed to sneak by me. I was never expecting him to be where he was, he had actually managed to get behind me and was in the storm. If his shot missed he would have been toast

>only on PvE
Not true. Battle Royal Ps4/PC crossplay works too. I'm doing it right now.

oh, really? that seems unfair as fuck, especially since PC is filled with cheaters and whatnot

>get a very lucky drop
>in the safe zone, around great guns and nobody around
>hide in bush
>zone keeps closing in on me
>make it to top 5 without leaving my bush
>gunfights all around me but nobody sees me
>final 3
>one guy kills the other right in front of my bush, scopes out the place then runs to grab some loot
>jump out of bush and kill him

My best win. I imagine that guy was real pissed

He probably had much more fun actually playing the game than you.

I had such a good start this game but died was fun chad diving though (1/3)

I haven't come across any cheaters. It's hardly unfair, PS4 Fortnite natively supports keyboare/mouse so you can't even make le kb/m aim argument

Is there any way to loot like in PUBG? When I kill someone and everything splatters on the ground trying to loot his stuff takes way too long