T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 4th of October:
1636 – The Swedish Army defeats the armies of Saxony and the Holy Roman Empire at the Battle of Wittstock.
1693 – Piedmontese troops are defeated by the French.
1777 – Battle of Germantown: Troops under George Washington are repelled by British troops under Sir William Howe.
1779 – The Fort Wilson Riot takes place.
1795 – Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence by suppressing armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the National Convention.
1824 – Mexico adopts a new constitution and becomes a republic.
1830 – The Provisional Government of Belgium secedes from the United Kingdom of the Netherlands.
1853 – The Ottoman Empire declares war on the Russian Empire.
1936 – The British Union of Fascists and various anti-fascist organizations violently clash in the Battle of Cable Street.
2017 - HPM is revealed as R&I.
Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 02/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1048397
EU4 DD 03/10
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1048573

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[CK2] - When the World stopped making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R&IPM B L O W N T H E F U C K O U T

Men of /gsg/, lend me your ears!

Whereas the /gsg/ princes and the free cities have unanimously called upon us to renew and to assume, with the restoration of the /gsg/ Empire, the /gsg/ imperial office, which has been empty for more than four years; and Whereas adequate arrangements have been provided for this in the constitution of the /gsg/ Confederation;

We, Wilhelm, by the grace of God King of Prussia, do herewith declare that we have considered it a duty to our common fatherland to answer the summons of the united /gsg/ princes and cities and to accept the /gsg/ imperial title. In consequence, we and our successors on the throne of Prussia will henceforth bear the imperial title in all our relations and in all the business of the /gsg/ Empire, and we hope to God that the /gsg/ nation will be granted the ability to fashion a propitious future for the fatherland under the symbol of its ancient glory. We assume the imperial title, conscious of the duty of protecting, with /gsg/ loyalty, the rights of the Empire and of its members, of keeping the peace, and of protecting the independence of /gsg/, which depends in its turn upon the united strength of the people. We assume the title in the hope that the /gsg/ people will be granted the ability to enjoy the reward of its ardent and self-sacrificing wars in lasting peace, within boundaries which afford the fatherland a security against renewed Grandi aggression which has been lost for centuries. And may God grant that We and our successors on the imperial throne may at all times increase the wealth of the /gsg/ Empire, not by military conquests, but by the blessings and the gifts of peace, in the realm of national prosperity, liberty, and morality. Wilhelm I, Kaiser und König.

Long live His Majesty Emperor Wilhelm!

post grob germaniums
the grobber the better

20 shitposts early

Yes for our lord and savior.

hey if we're reforming the OP take the fucking moqugasume shit out

also why don't we make a GOOD mod archive? doesn't make any goddamn sense that some mods are in it and other mods are just floating around in the OP. make a mega archive that covers everything, and just have text files with links for mods that are hosted/maintained by an active modder who has it for download elsewhere.

and furthermore expand that archive by putting the games in it too.

one step at a time, otherwise nothing will get done

This is extremely retarded in different ways.
>North, East, and South Angola aren't actually in Angola
>Madagascar blobbed with irrelevant Indian Ocean islands
>no Afrikaans, Swedish instead
>Zimbabwe, despite having English as the main language
>blobbing that far north unaesthetically
>just the Dutch Republican flag, basically, instead of having an emblem on it

Is the DH NWO mod any good?

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Where's the drinking and whoring guy?

>border zone
isn't the border zone implied by the.. yknow, border

don't know, but it's scheduled for autumn 2018

I have lasted long enough to see CK2 called a "traditional gsg", wew

I remember back when everyone here would play EU3 and "CK2 is for casual babbies"

How the times change, eh?

why does everyone here hate hoi 4?

kaiserreich for it is pretty good

>why does everyone here hate hoi 4?

>kaiserreich for it is pretty good

>East Congo in the west
>Lower Congo is in the highlands
>Upper Congo is in the lowlands

No depth. Victoria II has pops, Ck 2 has characters and dynasties, HoI 3 has challenging and complex military management. HoI 4 just has nothing to give you a sense of accomplishment or fun

When the fuck is Tibet coming out? I want to play as Norse Tibet already

What does DH have?

Reminder to ignore and report shitposting.

I’ve never played it

Rainbow Dash is my God

Reminder

>eu4
dropped

>wtf is a belgium

hahaha xDDDD ;D quill18 amirite lolololol wuts a brussels its in frants isnt it? haha!!1!

excellent post my friend
now say it in belgian

any good casual gsg?

Eu4

ههها شد؛ D quill18 أميريت لولولولول بروكسل بروكسل في لها أليس كذلك؟ هاها! 1!

hoi3 black ice

>trying to force the new thread
>even though HPM is ban on sight for 29 days
>even though old thread still hasn't hit bump
>even though it has all the hallmarks of shitposters

This is not the way

rate

I don't like this
Explain urself

once the liqtoria 2 posts start coming in it'll be back to normal

Okay serious question /gsg/, what kingdom is more appropriate for Assyria?
Should I do Upper Mesopotamia? They have a weird 6 star flag with jihadi writing on it. I could do Antioch for that pretty blue and just de jure drift the appropriate areas. Should Al'Raqqa be my capital? Dank river valley with silk road, seemed like the best spot other than going all the way to Baghdad

What on earth is Ierne?

the island north of britannia

Antioch and de jure drift, but make sure to lose the southern portion of Antioch if you go that route, so the de jure borders look good.

What are your plans for religion?

Alright. Will give me more to work for, versus Upper Mesopotamia being basically finished borders. It will be a gross Assyria

What is Maronite? Is that a Nestorian heresy?

It's HIP
Don't know too much about it but it only has like 4 provinces in 867

>kosovo je srce srbija
>srbija

For fuck's sake anglos how hard is it to understand declension of nouns

That was way easier than I was anticipating.
Okay, so where should my personal demesne be?
Antioch, Aleppo, and Raqqa are all big ones that are also on the Silk Road. Raqqa is kind of comfy due to it being on a dank river valley.

Show the duchy mapmode, and circle the three cities.

They're a Syriac speaking christian denomination from Mount Lebanon. The mountainous northern region of Lebanon.

Fun fact, they've been in full communion with the church since ever.

How do I join them?

That's the weird part, Assyrians shouldn't be Maronite, they're not.

THEY ARE NOW BITCH

Nice pox ridden wife. You didn't even read my response in last thread.

I hope she gets better, she's cute in a girl next door way

What the fuck do I do now? I joined this crusade for the traits and stats because in the only other game I played the crusade for Aquitane was won and it was given to the Lords of Francia and Burgundy because they had claims.

I'm thinking to give inland regions to Knights of Calatrava and Santiago. Is it possible to make Aragon into a vassal merchant republic? If so how do I do that?

I think you have to write the bishop or something, and actually live near a church. They're the most Latinized of the Eastern churches, but they're more insular because it tends to be an ethnic thing. I don't know much about them outside of historical connotations. The closest church for me is 600 miles away and I live in a major metropolitan area in the Southeast US.

I didn't even know they where in the game.

>Baghdad auto-renamed to Selucia
Neat

At this point the game is trying to tell you something. Take the rest of France's historical borders, and then build canals for the nation's infrastructure.

DO IT

FOR THE GLORY OF VENETA

I appreciate your desire to only have done your part, not everyone's part, and contaminating Veneta's purity with the taint, so I would suggest inviting random Occitain claimants for certain counties and baronies, invite in wildly different culture places, balkanize Aquitania as much as possible, and set them free.

As for Aragon, well, to make a merchant republic, basically, if you don't own the top level holding as a town, you give it to someone (so make it one of your own relatives, so your dynasty has a foot in the door of their lands), give them the county title, then the duchy title. From there, it should spawn into a merchant republic. But as you are also a king, it's advised you keep the King title.

Just for you
Took me all night to get it where circumstances allowed the initial invasion to be successful, and then I have to savescum because I get raped by endless disease

Did you make that mod desu

Are we actually kicking out the eu4babbies with this new OP?
I mean I've bullied them as much as the next liqqyposter but I'll miss them when they're gone

However much anyone wants to pretend that, no. EU4, and even HoI4, falls under the purview of /gsg/. Even if the OP says they're excluded, people will still post them, and they still belong here. As before, it'll just be a matter of what people care about posting and discussing.

I do not really get it.

This is a thread, on a anonymous imageboard. Why the fuck do you want to know who is posting along you
Why the fuck do you care who posts? The whole thing about Veeky Forums is not knowing who is who.
Really, judging people by their posts. Or being so buttblasted about a theoretical pure thread is not even autistic.

It´s a childish delusion, it´s something a kid would do when you take his Toy truck from him.

It´s against every principle of this board.

You are the cancer that ruined Veeky Forums.

there was a ww2 game where you played as a general of either Germany or USSR and you had to decide which front you sent your forces?
what was the name?

here is the result of the alaskan ancap playthrough
vassals are uruguay, bali, bahrein, lanfang, argentina, warsangali, and zanzibar

sliders where at only 50% tax with negative tariffs

had all military, culture, commerce, and industry techs

and the crazy thing is i started with literally 6k pops

i tried for 2 hours but couldnt get the ancap flag to work, but god knows this playthrough was fun so imma do it again at some point and use it correctly

also the furniture factories i built earlier ended up getting routine 1k+ profits, sweet sweet lumber

also my state religion waws orthodox, no clue how i got so many protties

>ancap
>50% tax
>government-funded research
>400,000 government-funded soldiers
not even once

>government funded
i see your mixing up Alaska Inc. with a nation, those are privately owned soldiers and those taxes are actually bills for economic and political representation and defense

easy mistake to make

how did you do it?
insane immigration?

STAVKA-OKH

No. I would ask you all for input if I had.

I am working on a battlescenario though.

For KR.

Why would you do this?! She was lovely.

i pissed off my people a fucking lot and got really super early reforms, i got basically every political reform before 1860 and then social reforms came rolling in

once that happened i got three states to satisfy conditions for immigration and people started rolling in, it was twofold as the tech i always kept up on first where pop growth techs

i also used to own uruguay directly before british colombia became a state and i got them to 1 million+ pops too

>i pissed off my people a fucking lot
how do you do that with alaska?

its super easy early on since any militancy events give almost 100% of your pops militancy

one event gave 4, and i went from 0.45 militancy to 3.6 militancy in literally one event, election spamming also does wonders

also once you get one reform, keep passing reforms no one wants, so they keep militant and keep giving you more reforms

noice

now im working on trying to make tannu tuva work
wish me luck

Thanks for your answer m8. Hopefully a vassal merchant republic will bring in more shekels, florins and ducats. Umayyad revolt is about to be attacked and if the Byzantine revolt is still going on after that then they're next. Profiting from civil war is the best.

I formed the Latin Empire now what do I do

Make the Latin Empire bigger.

Glorious!

No problem dear. That said, I failed in that I didn't explain why sometimes a vassal trade republic can be a problem. This is especially so, since you are a merchant republic. Even if they're a duchy, and they're your vassal, they will be competing with you. There are no duchy tier and king tier trading things you can build in other countries and their ports.

Also, remember you're not just competing with one other power, you're competing with five. As a feudal country, it doesn't really matter to you besides getting some prime ports, but being a merchant republic, trading routes and ports are vital. Good luck.

>Profiting from civil war is the best.
When giants fight, and fall, the young and small can ride the waves of chance as opportunity.

Get fucked, Cathlocuck.

Make the Latin empire Latin

Reminder Spain will always be united

fuck off fascist scum

>but being a merchant republic, trading routes and ports are vital
By trade routes do you mean the random event you get if you choose Business Way of Life? I can't even get it to fire and sitting there with that focus feels like a waste because I would rather be seducing or intrigue or later in life hunting.

I'd only chose the business focus when I dont need any other focus or I'm tribal and the 100 gold from the events can upgrade my holdings

It's a good first focus to take because you can get Gardener or Architect and those don't stop you getting master seducer or impaler or hedonist or whatever the fuck. Again though, it's all down to RNG I suppose.

How do I check individual warscore in vic2?

at least its better than rulership, wait decades to build a castle for 400 ducats and I dont think it does anything else

Click the country

now wat

You missed this:

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

*blocks your path*

Err, don't you know how to play Merchant Republics? You have to build merchant ports in people's provinces. I mean that. You know, controlling seazones by your family? How you build wealth when out of power?

You can increase the gold.

Hmm, makes you think.
Maybe Catalonia should swear fealty to Macron...
Or maybe beter, our glorious leader, and beat the spanish a 2nd time.

SMALL
FOAMY
BEERS

>mfw you can't produce qine & liqqy as a muslim nation but your troops and POPs still require it