/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

we're back edition
---
Dark Arisen wiki: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma:_Dark_Arisen

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ndJSBsMv
steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/1519260397800173072/?tscn=1507094630#c1488861734094591983
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aught

>mfw #5
If only I can find a girl like this

Daily reminder we will never see DD2 because of these turbofaggots

Give me your PSN IGNs, you shits!

Cousin

yikes almost got brain damage reading that, careful fellas

>On the road to Gran Soren
>All 3 of my pawns fall off a cliff and die at the same time

>do the ring of perseverance moonbeam run 4 times
>then do it once more for the trophy jacket
>cheat them in on every subsequent character so I don't have to deal with the 2 hour gauntlet every time
who else?

My psn is i-myka

please hire my pawn, zeal

too early, previous thread at 584

>Played through vanilla back on 360and maxed at 100
>Went fighter then warrior and never touched anything else
>Rerelease pops
>Go fighter
>Fuck yeah this dash attack is great
>switch to warrior
>oh
>this isn't fun
>switch back to fighter until deciding to restart on hard
>grab strider to try out range and work on stamina
>Easy and fun spam
>literally a new game for me now
Also fuck them and this bullshit when you hide the UI for photos it still slaps that ugly ass watermark on the screen.

>warrior less fun than fighter
Are you drunk? Also should give Mystic Knight a try, it's like a fun version of fighter.

Warrior's definitely unfun for Bitterblack Isle but is otherwise major fun for the main game. Then again pretty much everything but Magick Archer suffers in some way in BBI. Speaking of which I wanted to like Swordsassin so much but loss of roll/double jump is so brutal compared to F R E E C O U N T E R and all its other bullshit. I generally stick to either Strider or Magick Archer and then keep two Striders and a Fighter with me for pawns.

>everything but Magick Archer
I always found Daimon annoying early on playing MA. Trying to break that shitter's defence threshold with sixfold or ninefold was annoying. Ricochet Huntering everything in BBI was therapeutic as fuck

>tfw all your pawns except the tank die on the way to the top of the tower
>tfw he can't shoot down the Griffin
>tfw you're a warrior so you can't do shit either
>tfw you have to wait for the Griffin to stop spamming it's bullshit electric attack so you have a chance to climb him
>tfw the fight takes 1 hour
I shouldn't complain because i thought two tanks were a good idea and i could have just backtracked to the riftstone at the entrance, but fuck me, killing that fucker was orgasmic.

Can't you hit his wingtips when he flaps? He doesn't fly that high off the ground most of the time

I usually got knocked off before i could even reach his wings, since i didn't have that much stamina and he kept spazzing out

I mean when you're on the ground and he's flapping to charge up the lightning attack. But yeah it's annoying if you don't have a ranged class or a way to set him on fire

pastebin.com/ndJSBsMv
You forgot the link for the OP you premature faggot

>>Yep, checking with the port team on the change notes. WIll post an official patch note as soon as we have the full info. At the very least, I know the Inflection ability bug was fixed and Traditional Chinese language support was added. The game also officially launched in Japan, so there may be Japan-region specific changes as well.
>steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/1519260397800173072/?tscn=1507094630#c1488861734094591983

Is weeb audio available now or do I still need to add it manually?

>level 53 on ps4
>only 4 player pawns to pick from

Cross platform with PC when?

>Level 41
>Still haven't reached Gran Soren
>Just been abusing early-BBI for levels and equipment
I'm done for the night, but I'll see what's going on tomorrow.

What's your strategy for gear and leveling? How do you abuse bbi?

Here we go again

>Mini-games
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME!

I love how they give this a 7/10, but a buggy incomplete shitfest with early 2000's graphics like Skyrim gets 9.5. Truly activates the almonds.

>Not enjoying getting right in everyone's face and going full knockdown king

>Not enjoying the mano e mano experience.

I enjoy doing damage without waiting 5 minutes for Arc

>Not enjoying the cinematic one shot experience.

>Sell Monocle, acquire Throwblasts from Aestella's shop.
>Go to BBI at Level 10, switch to Warrior to get Bastion Augment, then to Sorcerer (or desired Vocation).
>Start collecting Macabre Sculptures, use a guide if you have to.
>Take the noticeboard quests: 'A Dying Light', 'Eyes of the Deep', and 'Dousing the Blight'.
>Each one offers 12k exp reward.
>Sprint past first floor to Duskmoon Tower.
>Buy Archstaff (or desired Vocation-related weapon) and Martyr's Talisman from Barroch.
>Brute force your way through Ward of Regret and Midnight Helix (enjoy the Gargoyle, motherfucker).
>Utilize Throwblasts to kill the Gazer and make sure you use the Martyr's Talisman at the last second for x2 exp
>Switch to Hard Mode and do the same thing again.

Seeing this back here makes me want to start playing again on PC.

>check UR-dragon
>Generation 350 with 4 health bars
>go to sleep and wake up
>check Yuri again
>Gen 351 with a missing health bar
Abyssinal Armor never ever

>Even my most hated of games like Bioshock. Prototype, Red Dead Redemption and Might and Magic: Dark Messiah
THE MAN WITH NO TASTE

UR is Gen 350 already on PS4?

>went from 346 to 350 in one day
>shoot like 7 maker's fingers into 350 and take off several bars
>on the final visit I get thrown one of the other instanced Ur-Dragons with only 2 bars missing instead of like 5

tfw killing the ur-dragon is pointless in 2nd tier lvl 3 bbi armor and lvl 3 bbi weapons but I still try anyway

Why isn't it a felony to have taste this fucking bad? I bet this shitter loves indietrash like FNAF.

>level 55
>just fucking one

5 and 12 are godtier

but only one image short of image limit

mystick knigher > mystic knight > fighter > warrior

literally everything but mage is fun and worth playing, though. Even mage is fun, sorcerer is just mage+.

You don't use your bow on matt. Immolation and kisses are your ticket to success.

I just want the armor for fashion, also fashion armor is the best while BBI level 3 armor looks like absolute ass, all of them
>that shit-eating demon grin

Did I pick a wrong class or something, or is this game just that artificially hard?! I picked a dagger guy and I'm liking the game, but after the first time encountering the hydra, when you start getting quest, well I've Been getting my ass kicked. Like this bandit would not die for about 5 minutes of a constant berrage. Then I tried going in the well and RIP. Then I followed this ghostly bitch onto this island and she told me have fun... Well the rats there are invincible and I'm not having fun.

It's insider code they have to include to tip off others that they were paid by (((fromsoft))) to give DD a mediocre review.

The main game is half-finished and only appears to be open world, so you're gonna be walled by your equipment a lot at first. Worse, if you go too far in the main quest before going to that area where you're having problems, you're gonna miss out on a lot of sidequests until ng+. I don't remember the point of no return but I wanna say it's going to the main city.

If you want my advice, farm some shekels and buy throwblasts from one of the shops in cassardis. They should oneshot those bandits. I recommend trying to get to level 10 while you're in the process of dealing with that area so you can start working on build autism as soon as the game opens up to you, personally, but that's optional.

Go back to cassardis, buy the the best bow/dagger you can from Aestella's shop. Then go to encampment, find Reynard by the entrance and enchance those weapons, now you should be able to damage those banditos

>BBI level 3 armor looks like absolute ass, all of them
Abyssinal isn't much better. If you really care about fashion having endgame armour doesn't even matter, not like you even need armour for the game to be piss easy on hardmode at the point at which you can think about farming abyssinal or bbi level 3.

It's pretty much an excuse for myself to play, to chase after equipment. I was in NG+, missed Berserkin in BBI 1.0 so my only option was this Everfall chest. Suddenly i had a reason to finish the main story once again. Aughtism is one hell of a drug
took me around 60 godsbane to get it

Every so often I just back up my save as if I'll ever go back to one, remake my character and pawn from the values I jotted down on a christmas card aeons ago, and play through the game with new challenge conditions or CE mods. I still haven't done BBI challenge runs with every vocation but my most recent one was with this hilariously busted custom CE vocation

The area ghost bitch takes you to is meant to be the post-game add-on-content area. This is just more old-school open world where if you stray too far into the wrong place you'll get fucked up, the loading screens do say things like, "There's no shame in retreating if an enemy is too tough," or "If you're having trouble, change your party and tactics; if that fails, change your enemy," fucking smug fuck dragon it can just be a little un-intuitive about where the right place is usually. If something's fucking you up too badly just go back to it later, there's plenty of other places to go and things to do.

Image limit is 250, you fuckign cancer
Lett this thread die

HOw do I make my character look like Stannis Baratheon?

>implying 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 ,10, 11 and 12 aren't all better
you aught get better taste

Nice, I never played much Magic Archer but I like the look of that attack combo.

I always played Mystic Knight and used one of the top tier holy shield buffs that popped out a bunch of damaging orbs, then lined that up with the magic ball blaster. A perfect block from an enemy attack ended up killing everything in the encounter.

this

Ok thanks, I'm starting a new game right now (don't like the stock). I'll go more slowly

That depends, are you planning on having a red witch pawn or an onion knight pawn?

Does it matter?

Yes.

tell me both then.

My bad, been a while since I was in a thread that hit the limit. I didn't make the thread though, I was the one that called him out on making it an image early in the previous thread. You're misdirecting your babyrage.

That's not proper magick archer, it's a combination of mystic knight and magick archer made possible through cheat engine to remove vocation limitations on equipment and equipped skills. Even vanilla MA is super fun though. It's also one of those weird things where the dominant strategy turns out to be something completely counter-intuitive.

Well if you're going with Davos as your pawn first you take a pre-gen face that looks a bit like him and tweak it, throw on a receding hairline and the frowniest looking mouth and eyebrows you can get. Then you make him either a fighter or swordsassin, take your pawn's advice when you know it's right, and do your best to help the people of the realm whilst eliminating banditry, monsters, and taking down the false Duke. If you go with Melisandre it's basically the same but with sad eyebrows, you do everything she says at all times, and use throwblast and dragon spit on every living thing you see before trying to fight Gran Soren's guards, dying, and never playing again.

Onion Knight then.

Aww sad, I would have loved to do something like that for MA. If I do end up buying the game again, I will probably try MA anyway, but the pull to MK is always so strong with me.

But how Do I make my character look like Stannis

what the fuck did the 1 gb (one gigabyte) patch do to the steam version goddammit?!?

Stop posting in this thread

Old thread still has 150 posts and 100 images

No.

Cross-sharing with PS4\Xbone

is that all? are the textures and berserk armor bullshit?

What vocation should I pick?

has anyone made a review along the lines of
>shameless BOTW ripoff, lacks any of the style and charm that BOTW has and also isn't portable 4/10
yet?