pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

>History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Workshop for Warhammer 2 hasn't been enabled yet but will be thursday:
twitter.com/totalwar/status/915200012954460160

Some nice little mods (better camera, resized lords, climate battles, thicker dust, bigger units. Drag and drop into the data folder):
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9AaipzJB6FeWk5KRy1UVXVpMTg

Sacked thread: Sharing your campaign and battles is welcome and encouraged

>do the first 10 waves of ritual
>ezpz
>cutscene
>SUDDENLY 6 STACKS NEXT TO CAPITAL
Yeah real fucking good design, spawn them all next to my city instead of where they usually spawn.

Fuck the vortex campaign.

Requesting the bit about Queek's elf-thing servant-slaves.

>level 10 enemy hero just critically assassinated my level 24 assassin

is this real life

>not getting the immortal trait at 20

You dun fucked up

He's the deadliest of Khainite assassins and the most cold steel of all the dark elves, in a race known for being edgy

>Game specifically states that every faction in the game will try to burn down your settlements when you try a ritual.
>Surprised when the doomstacks that spawn every ritual spawn next to one of the ritual locations.
You played yourself. Always garrison every ritual site, always.

>stop lying
>cites end times shit
>believing Morathi could control the demons
lmmaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Meanwhile my Khainite Assassin has become Shadowblade incarnate, just killing everyone he sees and can assault settlements so hard that by the time the main army comes rolling along, all thats left are some stragglers.

Maps are great looking
The first game is ugly compared to it

>place Kroq-Gar in ambush stance in jungle
>100% ambush chance
>rat scum walk towards my ambush site, then stop
>they bring up another army and ambush me
That's not what I though that 100% ambush chance meant...

There was zero indication that halfway through the last ritual, another set of stacks spawn. Ontop of that, there was no reason for them to spawn right next to the capital rather than spawn the exact same place they were for the last several rituals.

Its just a "fuck you and raze everything you have" move because they never go for my 2 other ritual spots. Only the capital, and the others run to raze all my shit

HOW THE FUCK DOES HE HAVE DRAGON PRINCES TURN 7

>end times doesn't count because it disagrees with my outdated lore

Canon is canon. Some of it is older than the End Times like the reason Malekith tried to undo the Vortex.

And I want you to cite where it's said that Malekith's crown is anything Chaosy.

He is slave to Hellebron.

And I would like you cite where

>Not collecting sea treasures for the upkeep and income buffs
>Not sending heroes in advance to look out for stacks that will autoresolve you to death on the sea
>Not going blue as Skaven

Ambush chance is seperate from chance of being spotted.
Which is bullshit. There's not much you can do about that, but the AI usually doesn't go for +% of spotting.

Consider, for a moment, that every ritual you have done prior to this one took ten turns, whereas this ritual takes 20 turns. In addition, when an intervention army spawns, it's not guaranteed to spawn on the capital. Did you really think the AI wasn't going to do anything for 20 turns after the initial stacks showed up?

I d-did it.

Anyone here hope to seen this in the future?

>As well as campaigning across the lands that would eventually become the Empire, Bretonnia and the Badlands, Malekith travelled even further abroad. He quested amongst the Worlds Edge Mountains and made war against the primal tribes of men in the blasted Chaos Wastes. It was here, in the frozen north, that Malekith came across a dead city, built by no human, Dwarfish or Elven hand. He wandered through its ice-trapped streets, between colossal buildings that hurt the eyes to look upon.The shifting ice had ruptured an ancient vault, and within it Malekith found an artefact older even than the Elves. It was a metal crown imbued with powers of sorcery, now known in myth as the Circlet of Iron. Malekith took the Circlet of Iron and resolved to unravel its secrets. It awoke in him a dark curiosity, and from that day forth Malekith turned his will to studying the forbidden depths of magic - the power of Chaos itself.

Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (8th Edition); pg. 16 - 25

>Shadowblade, known as the Death that Walks Unseen is the Chief Khainite Assassin of Crone Hellebron. Shadowblade is still relatively young, having known less than two centuries of Malekith's rule. His reputation, however, is legendary, and his arrogance is as bottomless as the sea. Fables of his grisly adventures are already used as stories to scare Dark Elf children, a litany of murder and terror that grows longer and bloodier with each passing day. Shadowblade's most famous exploit was the slaughter of the entire crew of a High Elf Hawkship, one by one, over a period of several days. Only the horribly mutilated captain was left alive, so that he could tell of the mounting horror on the ship as the crew desperately attempted to corner Shadowblade — to no avail.

Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (8th Edition); pg 57

Mazda, my Mundi.
Yuo are big Slann now, yu must choose which spells to bring to battle.
Will yu choose most powerful spells, from all lores of magic?
Or mix of shit spells from Heavens and Light?

treasure hunted the first ruin I see and I get +250 warpstone
is this scripted?

So basically NOTHING about the Crown being related to Chaos.

I wish breath spells weren't so touchy in tight spaces.

Yes, I'd love to know how ambush chance actually works.

Honestly no. Fantasy was always better than 40k, this is coming from somebody who's played and been immersed in both settings.

RORR DIRTY PIGGU!

>It awoke in him a dark curiosity, and from that day forth Malekith turned his will to studying the forbidden depths of magic - the power of Chaos itself.
>the forbidden depths of magic
>the power of chaos itself

Dude is already riding a dino which makes him unkillable
Having more spells wouldn't be fair

nope totally random

>first encounter at sea and I get 10k gold and a blue item

40k wouldn't fit total war or it's engine at all

Most people who disagree are fan of DOW and think it's the alpha and omega of the 40k univers.
I've never been a fan of fantasy, only read some books and play the Total War I.

> killed by a single unit of summoned Stormvermin in seconds

I mean I saw the 20 turns notificcation and assumed that there would be another stack of enemys half way through, it's not exactly science, just garrison everything that it telsl you till the 20 turns are over.

Has there been a definitive answer to the question of darkshards vs shades?

>casts banishment
Nothin personnel vermin

Yeah, nothing saying it's a Chaos artifact. The crown merely spiritually cast him into the Realm of Chaos where he saw the armies of Chaos and its power.

What're the chances that we might get ariel for welves come the combined map? I'd be nice to have her considering her past with dharr and morathi.

I only buy shades if i get the power name that gives bonuses to shades, Darkshards with shields are ridiculous.

They only need some bigger scale.
Settlements > planetes, provincia > planetary system and so one.
For the battle big units divided in squad (need to implement new games mecanics but why not), and instead of naval battle you have a smale BFG armada.

shame there's like 15 of them.

>casts a spell with known friendly fire on top of himself

That'll only help them tard.

>garrison with warp bomb defeats 3 chaos stacks with barely any losses

jesus, half their army never made it near the walls

Good job ladyboy

we've already got best warhammer, why would you want to downgrade?

git gud

>casts healing on himself

I think he's refering to the fact that deploying an army of space marines would basically be the entire chapter and then some so it's dumb.

Not to mention eldar can't field any decently sized army, it'd be like playing total war with unit sizes of 7.

Cause the best is 40K

What's the tax rate in Ulthuan like?

Shades could destroy greatswords in melee

>using all this magic to keep him alive just to deal with one stack of stormvermin when the guy could easily have more than one stack able to swarm at any point.

Not necessarily, if you read the books, they mostly send squads or company to war, the entire chapter only against the biggest threat.
In your army you may have thousand of guardsmen and a few SM units.
Eldars have many other advantages.

How do you fucks play anything but Delves and Helves?
How do you convince your self that not having a well rounded army is "fun" and that you have to relay on a gimmic?

Every other ritual I did, they spawned way north and moved in. This one at turn 20, they did the same. Turn 10, they decided to just dump all the stacks on the capital.

Basically what they want you to do is just reload a save, move everyone into position and steam roll them. I already expected a second wave of chaos but putting them in a new spot, and also for the chaos to not bother with Forgotten Isles or Chupayotl and just dump shit on the capital or raze nearby settlements is just annoying.

>expect to defend 3 locations
>game really intends for you to defend 1 with everything and the other 2 locations will never get touched

Then why did you show a picture from 30k?

Vermins melts super fast against his dino, stop lying.

>It awoke in him a dark curiosity
>the forbidden depths of magic

>In Nagarythe, Morathi and Malekith had long studied the blacker arts of magic. A great number of warlocks and witches followed them, drawing directly' on the power of Chaos. It was to these dark wizards that Malekith turned. He gathered a huge number of' prisoners in preparation for a massive sacrifice and announced his final plan. He and his sorcerers would unbind the magic of the Ulthuan vortex created by Caledor Dragontamer, unleashing the full fury of the Realms of Chaos upon the island. The Witch King would summon the Daemon hordes to fight at his side and sweep away all opposition. Knowing that their fate was tied to that of the Witch King, the sorcerers agreed to this insane gambit. Malekith and his followers were willing to risk everything for victory - even the future of the whole world. To their minds, failure was incomprehensible; to live in exile and obscurity was unthinkable for the Witch King. He would rather the world ended than see it ruled by any other. Only one of his disciples, Urathion of Ullar, saw the madness of Malekith's ploy and escaped Nagarythe to bring word to Caledor.
>In Nagarythe, Morathi and Malekith had long studied the blacker arts of magic. A great number of warlocks and witches followed them, drawing directly' on the power of Chaos
>drawing directly' on the power of Chaos
>He would rather the world ended than see it ruled by any other

It's rather strange. The happier you are the more tax you pay.

Unless he was suggesting 30k as in pic related in which case it makes perfect sense for a single space marine army to have like 2000 guys.

I LOVE wood ELF FUCKIN'

The tech didn't change

They're probably getting healthcare and education.

No that just one book cover, I would like to see a Total War W40k game. 30K wouldn't be to different anyway.

It's true that Teclis helped murdering Tyrion daughter ?

Seeing that the strength of Ulthuan could not prevail against the might of Naggaroth, Teclis sought to destroy the Witch King. The Elven Mage whispered a prayer to Asuryan and drew on the power of his staff, gifted to him by Alarielle. With all of his prayers behind it, Teclis unleashed a bolt of energy directly at the Witch King. Realising his peril, Malekith turned all his art and power to deflecting the deadly blast, but was too slow to divert it entirely. The bolt struck the Witch King and engulfed him with its energies. No ordinary' spell, the magical blast awakened the vengeance of Asuryan that still lingered within Malekith’s soul and had burnt within the breast of Malekith for nearly five thousand years. That wound of old, the hideous burning that would never leave him, raged anew through Malekith’s body, searing his flesh and mind. Tormented by the god’s judgement, Malekith summoned the last of his power and hurled himself into the Realms of Chaos to escape the crushing agony
>the magical blast awakened the vengeance of Asuryan that still lingered within Malekith’s soul
>Tormented by the god’s judgement, Malekith summoned the last of his power and hurled himself into the Realms of Chaos
>hurled himself into the Realms of Chaos

>dark means bad

They are the most advanced civilization what defeated the greatest evil that the world has even seen, so it makes sense that they are politically on the left.

Y-yes it did. Quite a lot.

And again, you failed to provide any evidence that it's a Chaos artifact. If fact, the fact that it predated the Elves already shows that it's a item that was created before Chaos can into the world. You. Lose.

And the rest of your text matches with what's in the "Curse of Khaine" novel where he said he would rather destroy the Elves than have them be consumed by Chaos in the future.

Darkshards for your main line skirmishers. I think I'm going to start running one group of shades in my DE armies when I get back to them for vanguard/stalk shenanigans.

No, modern warfare style gameplay would never work for total war, you'd have thousands of men running around taking cover and such otherwise it would look completely retarded seeing people using assault rifles just standing in a line 19th century style.

They mostly loose some tech. Don't care.

Are Lothren the wealthiest faction of both games? It is far easier to make huge amounts with them than it ever was with DwarVES.

And you continue to fail to prove anything.

Yes. Her sacrifice was needed to bring back Nagash and also cripple him.

how is this different from current games where you can produce 40 tanks and invade norsca if your pockets are deep enough

EXTREMIS MUHREENS

100% MORE EXTREME THAN NORMAL MUHREENS

>Dark Sorcery isn't bad
>Malekith suddenly being obsessed with chaos doesn't mean he was being corrupted by chaos bro
>Older than the Old ones, when the Old ones created all the races
>I don't want the elves to be destroyed by Chaos so i'll destroy them with chaos

How fucking deranged are Dark Elf fags? You'd swear he was Donald fucking Trump

That would be retarded, space marines wouldn't be able to appear since space marines don't appear in 100 strong units anymore. If you want a 40k RTS just play DoW1. 30k however has some merit since 100 space marines is fucking nothing.

Yeah, sure. Check timestamps.

Yeah, and wanting this new mecanism is bad?
Having your units divided by squad don't seem to be impossible.

didn't read the books, did'nt know that SM are op and don't need to be 1000s against most threat.

Drawing upon dark magic doesn't make you a bad guy. Elves are resistant to the power of Chaos and have the mental power to master it unlike humans.
>>Older than the Old ones, when the Old ones created all the races

>>Older than the Old ones, when the Old ones created all the races

Wrong. The Old Ones did not create all the races. In fact, when the Old Ones arrived they were races and civilizations already on the planet. The Old Ones change the planet position in the solar system and purged all life they didn't like in the planet. A few of the original native races survived the purge like the Dragons and the Dragon Ogres.

>>I don't want the elves to be destroyed by Chaos so i'll destroy them with chaos

Actually, the temporarily unmaking of the Vortex would have given Malekith power or blasted Ulthuan to the bottom of the sea.

Caledor prevented that.

rollin

>she needed to die to bring nagash back, but also to kill nagash

>>>game really intends for you to defend 1 with everything and the other 2 locations will never get touched
But that's blatantly false. You were trying to cheese it by focusing your defenses on where previous stacks spawned, and you were punished for it. You can't just say you're only supposed to defend one location when you opened with "I was defending the wrong location and I couldn't deal with the armies." On top of that, of both the campaigns I've finished so far, at least one army will always beeline for each settlement. I've had stacks sail across the sea to get at one of the ritual sites in a freshly taken North-western province, despite them spawning closer to a different ritual site.

In the Great Crusade/Heresy the Imperium wasn't in a state of decay just fighting to survive, it was led by the Emperor with all the Legions intact. Most legions numbered at least 100,000 a few numbered more with Ultramarines and Word Bearers closer to 500.

In the fluff if not the 30k TT game they would frequently be deployed in centuries instead of tactical squads.

There's a reason the Imperium is so fucking big.

Computers wouldn't be able to handle it for, not unless you want 200 vs 200 battles max.

>bringing up donald trump at all

Now this is shitposting

>game really intends for you to defend 1 with everything and the other 2 locations will never get touched
Every game I've played so far the AI always goes for at least 2 of the different ritual cites. Im playing on hard, so I dunno, maybe the only go for 1 on normal

The initial peace an quiet of being around other Asur means you can focus on economy better. Plus, the fact that they have a tier three unit that you can just spam and murder everyone helps a lot

Why Helves have the air superiority over everyone in this game? 2 phoenixes, 3 dragons and eagles. Is it backed up by the lore?

>kill Nagash

The opposite. She needed to die in order to prevent Nagash from killing himself.

She based the Curse of Aenarion to Nagash which weakened him and had him looking for ways to remove it. This was done because if Nagash didn't get weakened, then he would have foolishly entered the Realm of Chaos to challenge the Chaos Gods which would have ended in him getting his ass kicked.

>Elves are resistant to the power of Chaos and have the mental power to master it unlike humans.

Shit I get it now, i'm talking to an actual elf. How's the wifi in murder Canada?

>Chaos has left its mark upon the Elves, just as it has on almost all the races of the world. In this race, however, the power of the Dark Gods has taken a subtle form. It has fanned the arrogance of the Elven soul, reinforcing all that is prideful and hubristic. Long ago, compassion could have been said to be the Elves' defining trait, for such was the nature granted them by the Old Ones, but now generosity has been eclipsed by narcissism, empathy by conceit.

Dark Elves 8E Pg. 7

Can't wait to fuck over their flying monsters with pegasus knights.

passed*

Yeah but you can make 10K + without even holding many regions at all.

Yes.

Didn't stop the gunnery school of Nuln from gibbing a Princes dragon out from under him mid air

They should have naval superiority as well, but we can't have nice things like navies because CA

Mods when for 2?

I'm playing on Hard aswell, Skrolk
I circled red where they were ALWAYS spawning. I held the 3 cities I circled in green. Itza was razed from the previous wave at ritual start and they also hit Hualotal and Chiquibol to the West in the previous wave but I rebuilt Itza and Chiquibol after I killed this wave off.
WAY earlier in the campaign they would actually spawn off on the water, meaning I would actually hold the coastal ritual sites.

Also, why the fuck would they dump them all in one turn and at the same spot instead of around the map? I kill them all in one turn, then basically do nothing for 9 turns since its over. They don't spread them out, they don't try to pull you in different directions by attacking one then spawning 2 stacks in the water across at the other site.

mods already exist, steam workshop will be enabled this thursday. I'm hoping that means we get our first patch today or tomorrow as well