>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variant)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants)

Previous Thread:

You should play Sil though.

good morning /rlg/

Good afternoon old boy.

literally just walk up the stairs and then down again

or just
y'know
smash the doors

I figured out if I just bump into them enough times eventually it works. Then I decided smithing is too much of an exp sink to be fun and killed the character off anyways

>smithing
You poor soul. Hope for tolkien's birthday.
Don't hope.

To be fair, you need to have an extremely high IQ to enjoy roguelikes.

maybe if ur bad

Octopode monk or human monk

Is there any way to make a high weapon weight melee char in Sil not suck? All its mechanics seem incredibly bias to dex and low weight

Troll or Gnoll or go die in a hole.

unga bunga tab masher detected

You play Gnoll so you can do everything at once, pressing every button in existence at the same exact moment.

OpMo is shit
HuMo is top memery and has a bit of challenge to it

What are some really underrated and looked over spells to try on Gnoll before they nerf it into the ground?

Well lads?

Go right

I'm still unsure of what god to pick

Faded altar

Your int and presumably spell levels are shit. So pick the pet one if you want, although I'd really just wait for a better god. Its pets are incredibly imbalanced compared to each other and much too frail for my liking.
Yred would do similar stuff for you to what Kiku would but be better for someone with such mediocre int and you can just dump him later once the game becomes dicks for anyone using undead

What about Mahkleb

I just don't like him or use him enough to really say anything.

What the fuck is with Adom's char creation? Why can't I just pick my shit in a menu? Seems like to make the char I want to I'd have to repeatedly reset the very first page

>Why can't I just pick my shit in a menu?
But you can.
IN THE PAID VERSION

>what the fuck is with ADOM?

Remember to donate ;)

Oh so he intentionally made the demo bad? His plan to make people buy his game is to give a terrible first impression lol?

Is Made in Abyss a roguelike /rlg/?

roguelikes are anime yes, just look at gungeon

No. Japs can't make roguelikes.

Adom existed for literal decades before the paid version went out. He just stopped updating the free version

Let's see the definition
>Turn-based
>Grid-based
>Procedurally generated
>Permadeath
>Non-modal combat
>Single player entity
>Made by a person/team with at least 90% European ancestry
>Top-down perspective

Looks modal to me, so no.

FUCK OFF TOME SHITPOSTERS!!!! YOURE LITERALLY RUINING THE TRHEAD!!! I JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT MY CDDA FUTA MODS AND NETHACK FORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>autism

can we go back to people talking about CDDA, I think that was the most cultured conversation we got here

Why would you talk about an inferior roguelike. TOME has the best gameplay and lore.

tome doesnt have futahorses, in fact it doesn't even have a single trap person so there's no way it can be better

>being a tometard
>your game is so shit you have to pollute threads with good content in them with your autism

Huh, you would think they might make that no_tele_into.
At least it looks like you might have a decent chance of surviving.

At least our dev team is active and has female representation and diversity.

Still dumb desu-neee san sampaaaaiii

doesnt that just make a game worse, ive never seen a black person code, much less touch a computer

>Huh, you would think they might make that no_tele_into.
If you can tele behind runed doors, why shouldn't you be able to teleport behind a not even runed room?

Is this seriously what the nu-tome goon redditor lore writers think is funny? What went so wrong?

That dialogue is old as balls and it used to be a meme here. Your new is showing

Nigga that room doesn't even have a door.

A screen I'll never see since I ain't buying this shit.

[04:40:13] btw someone on the reddit/steam forums is convinced archmage is one of the weakest classes in the game atm
[04:40:20] so they could prob do with some buffs in 1.6

Imagine having a dev team this bad.

You guys don't KNOW what you're missing.

gay game is gay

Surely he is joking, user.

What happened to missing dicku

razakai is a known shitposter and helped formulate the 7 vaginas meme

t. rapiaki

Memetal ftw.

>using chat
>being sociable online
lol pleb

we stopped when we understood he left us for good

>pedoshit is allowed
>no mods banning this filth

I don't think Japan has an age of consent.

Who?

So is this short sword the best I got for general combat,and should I keep my shield on? I have 10 skill

What race are you and what god are you following?

u

Halfing, Makhleb

Also, no, your best option is the dagger of elec.

ToME is balanced primarily for Normal Adventure play; the rest of the difficulty levels merely devolve from that, for good and/or ill. DG has been perfectly clear on the subject many times, hence my scorn of elitist frippery, especially if you can't be bothered to specify what you want from the get-go =3.

Get some slings skill, Ha have the best apt in the game for it. Unless stabbing, you're going to struggle with damage until very late in the game when you probably get a quickblade/rapier of decent brand or branch to long blades and hope for a dblade/2sword. Lesser Servant will carry you through Lair and Orc if you're careful.

fuck off bozobub

yes

fuck off elitist
i won vaulted alchemist on normal adventure and i'm PROUD of it

rakizaki said in in-game chat he balances around every mode at the same time. at least he has standards. dg btfo

DG is making TOME even more p2w with every moment. First item vault then DLCs for more op classes/items. When does it end?

At least we get nice lore which I really enjoy and adds to the richness of the game.

Why is this demon so good

did you live in a coma for the last year? all the nu-lore is rick and morty tier HAHA FUNNY
it's mostly in the dlcs but the cancer has spread to mainline tome too

The Pit is too hard everything breaks all the time, fixing them breaks them, I'm always hungry

Probably because of all of its resistances. It dies easily to brutes like onis, though.

>this is your average tometard's mindset

roguelikes are really hard. i think i am too impatient for then

A for autism.

What are you some kind of normie??? REEEE

Looks more like a CDDA player to me.

Luckily for you, most of crawl's branches have been tweaked to discourage careful positioning and slow play and encourage axe-using MiBes that require little input other than changing year and dumping a rock on the tab key

I meant gear but year works too

>not knowing that bashing weapons are bad
Fault

Maybe he uses bashing weapons because he wants to RP someone BASHING HEADS LOL.

You are always min maxing ITT when roguelikes are primarily about fun and playing out a cool character.

>roguelikes are primarily about fun and playing out a cool character.
maybe if ur bad

I have 3 wins on normal so no I'm not bad.

only 3 dude? goddamn i remember when i just started kicking the air too. now im sitting proudly at 2000 hours in normal and not a single one i regret. 32 wins as well, all with ghoul, my favorite race.

Don't bring low IQ Wojaks here, it's a cancerous meem already.
Not as bad as virginwalk, but getting there.

>it's a cancerous meem already.

haha yes meem!

man nethack should have a tuning fork item

chad kevin granade vs virgin coolthulu