Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!9U9jwDLJ!Zzjs0wub2_ii7LSgCJi7FsSxKH6iy9OJBFzKbZyDj6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Breed bunnies

remove boobs

Gladiator girls are underrated.
Everyone talks about how strong they are but they are also pretty.

discuss

Sure, user.

Everyone but you already has

I really like their thighs. Pugilists remind me of Gladiators.
Both have good thighs.
I like thighs

wrong picture, but whatever.

So there's still some life left for EO.
I'll make sure I enjoy the ride.

>assuming the 3DS will live long enough for another EO to be released on it
watch the new title be a smartphone game.

Atlus was always strangely willing to release stuff for handhelds everyone else treated as dead.
So another EO on 3DS might just happen.

Etrian Odyssey GO

Don't worry, sega will soon overtake them, don't you like EO gachas?

Atlus is just being a tease. I'm not getting my hopes up until that whore shows me some skin.
neVer eVer

Is protector mandatory for dragons in EO2?

They are very helpful.
But I believe with Gunner and Dark Hunter Force you should have enough turns to kill them without a Protector.

We'll still see EO games after the 3DS's life span right?
Right?

no because they'll switch to EMD

I've never played EMD before. The only mystery dungeon game I've played is the Pokemon ones which I loved, would I like EMD?

Hopefully not.
Let it end with all the elements intact instead of taking out mapping and letting it struggle on as a crippled husk.

Make a new franchise with the same team, though.

I'm still looking forward to Etrian Odyssey Tabletop RPGs. Get your pencils and spreadsheets, lads.
bring your own d20s, noobs

maybe, just try it

It's a bad MD and a very bad EO game.
Even Japan hated it since EMD2 failed completely.

Wasn't EMD sold out at one point?

>It's a bad MD
that is objectively wrong

People bought EMD like crazy, yes.
But no one wanted EMD2. So EMD was all hype, no substance.

EO2 sold like shit as well and no one wanted it

It pulled in MD fans and EO fans, but left both unsatisfied. It wasn't a terrible game, but it wasn't a good fit. They're both better off seeing other people.

Lost Shinjuku takes too long to explore

git faster

It's true.
At a certain point I just stopped checking every single obvious dead end and get punished for it because there is a post game quest that requires you to go at certain points of the map

>physical like 3 weeks after digital

I couldn't get the physical copy now, all my other etrians are digital. And if I have one as physical my autism acts up and I'll want them all as physical

>actually buying digital

I personally never buy physical. Its to hard leaving the house and ordering online takes to long for it to deliver. Digital is easier.

What'd I do wrong?

everything

>not having a comfy physical collection

>having to get up to change games

I only have EO2U in physical form and saving in the cartridge slot takes ten times longer than saving on the SD card and in other games.
So it seems like physical is actually inferior and if my 3DS dies, my safe files are gone anyways.

>tfw I fell for the digital meme

The regret

>3ds dying means save on a cart die as well
You wot

Who are these people on the DS EOs?
They are neither blonde nor Arianna who gets a pass for being a cute princess.

I mean, having cartridges you can touch and see is way more enjoyable than digital, but I'm not going to buy online and wait a week to get to play them.

Which cartridge is the cutest one?

Don't waifu the cartridges

Just pirate and inject the save later you impatient fag. Have fun not having your own games anymore when eshop closes in a year and the shitty sd card dies

Is it normal to feel like beating stratum bosses hinge on luck? Ive made to the flame demon in EOU2 with the story party, and it seems like every time I try to fight it, I'm either landing ailments/binds left and right, or Im not landing anything. Is there a way to make hitting status debuffs more consistent?

3DS battery is probably going to die before the sd card does

Jesus Christ no need to be so hostile. Maybe I will
On another note, Is it wise to buy physical after I've already bought a game digitally?

When does Phantom Fencer start getting amazing. In the demo they only get predict and it sucks.
Evade bunny still rules though.

In EO2U Hexer is pretty damn consistent with their Force Boost.
But by their very nature ailment parties are always high-roll - or at least a catastrophic failure if they roll low too often.

if you're that impatient, you can double dip I guess

With their second name and once they start running around naked.
For a base Fencer just Optic Thrusting people is the best way to contribute (for an Earthlain, that is).
Predicts evade decay makes it really horrible in random encounters.

>the autist who kept whining over eov not being leaked now does it in /hbg/

Great, now we look like whining bitches even outside of Veeky Forums.

At skill level 10 for each empty slot it increases evasion by 25%.
What amount of items would you think would be decent to have on a Phantom Fencer.
I'd have one sword, and some armor. But would I need an accessory too or just go with 2 empty.
Also Ray of Light says it increases your defenses by a percentage, would that mean you'd need some armor on for it to be effective?

Wait is it 25% or 250%?
The skill sim is so hard to understand

Goddamnit. You won this time.

So running 4kat and fencer means you get 2 naked bunnies

Good game

you can't even use a fucking gun without equipping grimoire

What's a better subclass for Sniper: Arcanist for Ailment Boost and TP Return, to increase the chances of binds landing; or Nightseeker for Blade Flurry and Follow Trance and greater dommage, and maybe Foul Mastery some time post-game?

Only a sword for Sylphid counters, Deft Thrust and Revenge Thrust.

25%points - additively, not multiplicatively.

It got finally datamined; there are two formulas for accuracy depending on whether 2*AGI+LUC of the attacker is higher or lower than the same number for the defender.
The two formulas make it so that the chance to hit if you are more accurate than the enemy is evasive rises faster than the chance to evade if you are less accurate than the enemy is evasive.

Accuracy is hard capped at 1500 (which it only rarely ever reaches).
A number between 0 and 1000 gets rolled and if it is equal to or smaller than the accuracy number the attack hits.

So if the accuracy number is 800 against you (20% chance for a miss) the 500 of Lightweight with three empty slots pushes it to 300 (70% chance to miss).
But if you somehow manage to have a dodge fencer so slow or an attack so accurate the accuracy cap of 1500 is reached, the same Lightweight will only push it to 1000 which is still a 0% chance to miss.

Also it seems leg binds half the AGI in those formulas. Since leg binds outright disable evasion it mostly means that leg bound characters will miss more often.

The enemy encounter rate in Lost Shinjuku is too high

Depends on what you need.
If you have someone else to ddisable evasion with leg binds, blindness, panic or sometimes paralysis you could pick up Nightseeker for more Squall Volley hits and maniacal laughter.
Otherwise you probably want the better infliction rate since without leg binds your best damage skill is less reliable.

Ful Mastery also only works with ailments, not with binds or stun.
Ailment Boost works with binds, though...

Bushi

The game is starting to show you that it actually hates you.
It is slowly stretching your asshole for Claret Hollows.

Is blind on optic thrust not that important later on? Everyone saying to run bunny fencer

Bushi is better than both.

Unless you desperately need to land binds (which shouldn't happen - max out binds, feed them luck books, and dual equip high slot bows with luck forges) the damage increase from bushi, or at least blood surge is just too good.

>Ful Mastery also only works with ailments, not with binds or stun.
…oh. Arcanist is definitely the better option then.

Worth a consideration, though as it is I'm content with my damage output—my sniper is usually trying to inflict binds while my Landsknecht and Dancer do most of the damage. (Although looking at the numbers the Sniper regularly produces, that may be a bit of a waste—and I haven't even unlocked Squall Volley yet at lv. 40)
How to grind luck books? Just these golden FOEs that show up in the sky sometimes?

Bunny fencer is if you're focusing on chains, dodge still prefers higher blind chances. It's not as good of an ailment as it was in U2 because no food bonuses but still pretty vital to dodgetanking.

you keep starting over in ng+ to farm lexxy's qr quest for mega pookas

So human fencer for dodge would still be preferred for the higher luc stat?

>that may be a bit of a waste
Because it is, how come you don't have an arcanist to do binding jobs?
>these golden FOEs
Either there or ng+ qr quest farming, enjoy doing it 50 times for a single party

That's what I'd do. Therian's higher strength isn't as much of a factor since they won't be doing a lot of damage to begin with.

Blind is not a strong ailment anyways - depending on your party you might want the ailment slot for something more impactful.
Panicing an enemy has a nice synergy with evade Fencer since they can only normal attack which the Fencer will evade, negating their damage completely.

>Because it is, how come you don't have an arcanist to do binding jobs?
It was either Sniper or Arcanist, but Sniper is cuter and can add Links. I don't have any more space on my team otherwise.
Landsknecht+Dancer for Links, Fortress for tanking, Sniper for binds & chip damage, Runemaster for elemental buffs and more damage.

Wait so dodge only works on normal attacks? Dodge fencer sounds kinda shitty then...

remove fortress and pick arcanist/medic, you don't need fort in stratum 4 and 5 and arguably can live without it in 3

It works for everything, but it just draws aggro, not actually full tanking a-la fortress/beast. If the enemy uses a party wide AoE everyone else is still going to eat shit.

No, you can also evade skills.
But if a skill hits a line or the entire party your dodge Fencer will evade but the rest of your line or party will still eat it.

And normally, even the random attack from paniced enemies hurts.

But with a dodge Fencer those hits will just disappear - so it plays to their strength.

Binds like I said just aren't really that important and not that hard to land on the enemies you need to bind if you max your luck anyway (and don't worry about luck books - for now, use luck forges, accessories, and whatever books you can find, don't bother grinding until you get the twin propellor and can properly chase those fuckers down). And it sounds like you're running a link party - if so, squall volley is fucking excellent and near essential, plus you can expect like 400 a hit off a charge in blood surge (for what is usually 13-17 hits, so yeah). This isn't even mentioning that you get another power boost, access to defiance, and access to deep breath to help with TP costs.

I mean, it's your choice, but S/A is only really good for straight up ailment teams that abuse Black Mist, Nightseekers, Releasal Spell, etc. Generally S/B is regarded as the best subclass option.

>shutting enemy entirely is not important
Is this bait

Who else should set up the evasion disable in a Link Party?
How much will you get out of your hits dealing more damage if only 30% of your Squall Volley shots actually hit?

>plus you can expect like 400 a hit off a charge in blood surge (for what is usually 13-17 hits, so yeah)
wew
Well, I'm convinced. I already considered getting rid of Fortress at the beginning of the 3rd stratum, but some of those random encounters hit pretty hard; from what I've seen of the 4th stratum so far, that's not as much of a problem anymore, so I can probably get away with replacing her with an Arcanist this time. I'll have my sniper focus more on damage and Links then. Thanks!

EO Board game similar to descent: journeys in the dark when?

Yes, it's not that important, especially since enemies do not hit that hard in 4, especially since he has a dancer with guard tango, a runemaster with elemental runes, and a fucking fortress. There are only a few enemies in the game that really need to be bound and you can do it successfully with good enough luck.

You're so fucking behind the times.

mega.nz/#!9U9jwDLJ!Zzjs0wub2_ii7LSgCJi7FsSxKH6iy9OJBFzKbZyDj6U

At Level 99 Phantom Fencer
Earthlan: (160 Agi x 2) + 175 Luck = 495
Therian: (180 Agi x 2) + 137 Luck = 497

I'm still not convinced 15 points of STR is worth 27 WIS and a full fucking 43 points of VIT.* Maybe in a full lockdown party, but you usually can't do that in a party that wants a chain fencer.

*not taking into account racial skills because i can't be arsed to do so

It's a fucking dodge fencer, if it gets hit it dies, all defense stats are worthless there

You can certainly do an all or nothing build, but why should they die if you opt of of predict and going 3/1 into Lightweight

You forgot the racial passives.
Earthlain has two that give ten AGI and one that gives ten LUC.
Therian has three that give ten AGI and one that gives ten LUC - and a passive that gives flat 30 evade (which translates to 3%).