Nioh & Maria General /ng/ - /mg/

PC soon edition, end of days? Beginnings of hell?

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches
>pastebin.com/aUkgEegD

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Major new shit
>More than 2 item shortcut pages available! Buy them from Tome with patronage points, adjust how many you want in settings
>Abyss mode! How low can you go? Lower go'ers get better shit
>Can now play levels with specified friendos at the Torii gate
>Most weapons now have a strong charge attack and a mobile running/dash attack! Check them out!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

last samurai is a fucking marathon I thought that would never end.

At what abyss floor can I just stop rushing the boss? At 11 right now, no end in sight.

depends on your gear

If you've done WotN, probably 30ish.

you can rush to the boss until 40 + after that the status ailments like shortcuts blocked have to be cleared otherwise you get fucked if you are not crit lw

oes dual bloodstained hatches have a smithing text?

no

fffuuuuuck

Using crit LW the only ones I clear all the time are torpor and paralysis. both are death sentences if you get a harder bossfight against masamune or something. With crit LW I can usually just ignore others though. As long as you don't lose LW status and can get the kill quickly it's all good. The one that calls in allies who spam cannons can be annoying as fuck and worth clearing if the boss is strong sometimes.

The only bad thing about skipping planes is you miss treasure rooms. I'm at floor 75 and I rushed there so I've only ever gotten 1 treasure room.

>Torpor Mitsunari
>always fall for the fucking grab

I feel like the bells and spectral paste were unnecessary and only serve to make LW an even more mandatory pick in abyss. Why bother creeping around carefully when you can be so much safer with LW. Especially when you know you have to clear 70+ floors before you even begin to see gear that is slightly better than the DLC area stuff. Double that to find gear that is only around +10 better. I know they wanted a risk associated with defiling stuff but the way you risk you good items and don't know the grace you get just makes people savescum and cheat the system anyway. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Abyss should've been more like 20 floors per difficulty, to encourage people to play it as they went through the game. But also give those already on higher difficulties the option to jump straight past the easy ones. Also let us use own own candles and elixr.

>pc edition
If I knew this game was getting a PC port I wouldn't have preordered this damn game. I'm too far in now to switch so fuck me.

trade it in for the PC version and use cheats to get back to where you were :^)

>he needs 11 elixers to get through everything

Literally no skill involved with using a LW build. Just run up and spam your strong attack or skills. If you can't get to floor 999 using just your own head and figuring out which debuffs to tackle, if you need to, and learning every god damn bosses' moves don't ever talk to me.

When does the abyss start dropping WotN level shit?

Then sell it and fuck off, your port race is not welcome here

We should all post our PC specs and what sort of performance we how to expect. Also compare prices on trade in of the PS4 version. I traded mine in yesterday and got $20 for it (australia).

>try to do all the DLC before PC release
>one shots everywhere even in max level gear
Sasuga Koei

I knew this gen would die soon after release.

>oneshots you with bullshit jump slash
nothing personnel kid

So 5 Susanoo 3 taitenishi 2 fanatic
Or
4 Susanoo 4 taitenishi 2 fanatic?
Or just a straight up Fanatic set?

Trying to just make a LW build so I can easily do the abyss to make my Hayabusa gear not shit.

5 kigetsu 1 fanatic fill the rest with whatever grace you have

Where do you get Kigetsu? Is it a grace or normal set?

Normal set, apparently the phantom before yukimura in scion drops it, very common on revs and as random drop too

Thanks, guess I'll get to it. Does he respawn/ drop a text or am I going to have to pray to RNGesus.

So what would be the strongest build using the double ethereal trick?

Hayabusa with izanagi and futsunushi seems like it would be really strong as well as using Izanagi, Kushinada, and Ninigi for their 3 piece bonus on a lw build.

He's right next to a shrine. Kill him and just reload if you don't get it.

Thanks my dude.

Oh and when I say reload I don't mean go back to the shrine, just quit back to the main menu if it doesn't drop. Just in case I wasn't clear.

Like leave mission or close game?

Press the touchpad, go to options and hit return to title screen. When you load back up the game will resume from the state everything was in last time you used a shrine. It lets you take as many shots at smithing texts as you like without having to run the entire level.

Open menu and choose "back to title". You will get reloaded on the latest checkpoint you did. Be aware that negates all the progress done since that checkpoing so if you get something you wanted you have to beat the mission and start anew to farm more. Still much faster than rerunning over and over again. Apparently the same braves are in dlc3 first mission too and they leave revs for doubledipping.

Holy shit, thanks. This helps a ton.

I don't understand how defiling works.
I give it my weapon and then there's a chance it'll go up in rarity, gain levels and change all the stats?

You defile weapon and go kill bosses to up the counter. Max counter is 3. The higher the counter the higher is the chance of upping rarity and amount of pluses you get. No stats get changed, only grace is added if the item turns ethereal.

Hayabusa was a mistake

worth it for the izuna drop

you mean for anime fireball
how come izuna is not an all weapon grapple, 1 (ONE) fucking job

Is his full set even worth it?

The final bonus is a 21% buff to your damage with either of the set weapons.

So pretty eh? How big is the ki recovery bonus or it's a lie?

It is pretty decent, the set's strongest feature is it's ability to cheese humans that block with infinite shuriken spam so things like masamune and sanada become a joke.

Say goodbye to all your Gimmick Onmyo builds, THE Onmyo build is here.

Which one's better for mainly low stance sword and spear: increase attack after dash-attack or the new purple close combat attack increase?

Forgot to show the full stats
>6pc, Lowered defence when Onmyo item hits
>7pc, Onmyo dmg inc by 40% when you're at full-life

tsukuyomi 4 lyfe

>attack boss
>60 k damage
>hp barely depletes
>next atak 35k
>big chunk of hp is gone

do bosses on WoN have damage halved status or some shit?

I think they have to a point some invincibility while spawning

is there other way of farming umbracite outside of pvp or any online shit

You get umbracite after every abyss boss

Do fucking twilights

Anyone know where the text for futsunomitama is?

no idea

No worries. Thanks for replying!

Sent from my iPhone

why can't i post

its in WoN 3 dlc

forget this

I'm currently playing the "The Last Samurai" mission in one of the DLC areas (I think).
I'm scaling a huge fortress that's been enveloped by amarita crystals and tree like roots.
I'm now going floor by floor and first I had to fight moth man with 2 healing crystals in the room andbhe wasnt much of a problem.
Now I have to fight the guy with Izuna again and WHAT THE FUCK?
WHY does he hit so fucking hard? It's like they accidentally added a 0 too much. I'm used to the enemies hitting hard but I'm rolling with heavy armor this time and not a single boss hit that hard.
Is it just me or did they overdo it there? It just doesn't seem to fit into the rest of the level or whole DLC, especially considering that he's just there as a miniboss.

Can extraction talisman be a good way of gaining extra amrita on ng or gains are too shit for anything but charging LW?
Never used it.

man this fucking ass. I already beat him half a dozen times, why is he suddenly giving me such trouble?

I dunno about you, but I just poke at the guy when hes recovering from an attack and falls over

then dies promptly to my fully charged moonlit snow at abyss

shit for exp

it feels sooo out of proportion. It's really rare for me to complain like this but this can't be right. everything up to now was fair enough but just the mere damage output is too high for a fast moving boss at least at this stage.
I don't wanna know how much he'd deal to a lightly armored character.

I'm looking for new fashion. What's the most dirty beat up looking armor set?

Offering gear to shrines in WotW and WotN gets you a good amount of Amrita
But if you have a stockpile of whetstones and Nikawa Glue, use those to max out familiarity before offering them. It increases Amrita gained by about 5x per maxed item.

veterans set

Depends on if you need actually armor or not, mariner and genuis strategist are pretty beat up but they are clothes, all other sets are pretty clean so start looking at some lower rank generics like veteran or ronin

I'll be refashioning so it's not a problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

is it me
or are magatsu warriors arent really scary desipite all the attacks they do

once they're attacking, they're stuck in that string until they stop, and when they do they have a big fuck opening

they are a bit more difficult then the other two yokai because it takes a bit more then a bop in the head to get them stunned

They are basically just namahage 2.0 but they go full autism instead of delayed attacks and are absolutely worthless once their arms are gone (if they ever stay alive because breaking arms downs them for forever)

What's a better skill now, bear's bane or lumber chop? Or better have both on different stances?

Bear's bane is faster and does aoe damage too so that's the better choice for me at least.

>finally got a second ranged weapon with the right grace

Noice. Are there any good ranged weapon traits that carry over to me melee weapons I should look for? I think agility bonus was one.

What's your agility? If B definitely go far equipment weight dmg bonus, agility bonus isn't worth it.

If he's below 30.1 equipment weight bonus isn't worth shit either

Is that one ninja gaiden on vita a secent one or better pirate some ps2 one?

I'm at 9.1 equipment weight. A agility.

>Just dunked on Jin on WotN.
Fuck me y'all weren't kidding about Kigetsu LW setups. One step closer to a Hayabusa build now boys.

>needing LW to beat a HUMAN boss
nigga just like, wild spear lmao

You can have both, bear's bane is guard + heavy while lumber chop is just heavy

Spears are for faggots

you're in luck then, I got a spear just for you

They serve exactly the same purpose though so you still have to pick unless there's some secret way to use bear's bane which won't turn it into rumbling earth 2.0

Why is tonfa Hanzo one of the hardest opponents for me?

Who the fuck was the guy I beat in the Second DLC with the water Odachi? Was I supposed to know him?

>poison damage caps at 999 per tick

just some lad musashi bonked on the head a little too hard

>Sasaki Kojirō(佐々木 小次郎, also known asSasaki Ganryū)(1585? – April 13, 1612), often anglicised toKojirō Sasaki, was a prominent Japaneseswordsmanwidely considered a master of his craft, born inFukui Prefecture. He lived during theSengokuand earlyEdo periods and is most remembered for his death while battlingMiyamoto Musashiin 1612.

Is it a numerical display limit or is it really capped?

Where is Maria?
Also
>Game takes place over 16 years
>Okatsu now old and busted
>William never scored a hook up nor did she even appear again in the DLC.
>Ginchiyo dying off screen :(

William only needs his spirit waifu

Not really. Lumber Chop does more damage but is slower to fully charge, Bear's Bane has a faster initial hit and AoE afterhit but does less overall damage. Rumbling Earth does more Ki damage than both if it fully charges and hits directly.

Veteran, Rogue and bandit.
Veteran more so than the other two

youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo

kek

Tower of London Guard Hat
?
? Maybe Gyousha's gauntlets or Samurai General's
Mariner Trousers
Mariner Boots/Ronin Boots

Not sure what chest would complete the look. Yagyu?

why the fuck do people not ki pulse? like they rely on the dodge one it feels like a terrible deal if you ask me unless you need an emergancy break and know you can get way with running afterwards