/ywg/ Yo-kai Watch General #81

Previous Thread: Hinozhefuckedup edition

Yo-kai Watch 2 Psychic Spectres is out in both the U.S. and EU! Go transfer your BS/FS data over!
nintendo.com/games/detail/yo-kai-watch-psychic-specters-3ds

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Third version of YW3 (Sukiyaki) is out! Go spelunking with friends and kill each other's heads over those goddamn traps!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_2)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_3)

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bM2khnqx
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FsIaegiUVR
twitter.com/yokaiaretrans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's start the thread out with weird Deviantart

That's just some pics of wicked and Lincoln slapped on a background, not really art per say

Friendly reminder that Inaho is a Ina-HO.

why does Lincoln have red shit all over his face

Shadow side hype.

Undub's out, bitches! 1 download = 1 teardrop from Swampy Marsh.

I hope this movie's more fun than it is edgy. Has anymore footage dropped outside of that one teaser trailer?

bump

pastebin.com/bM2khnqx

Leggly legs on yokai still look pretty weird

Localization when

Never, but I could see a Snack World game for the Switch being made and that being localized.

Is that a card pack?

Also, for PuniPuni, that 2nd anniversary event that's going on, the characters that appear on the field can only be obtained in that gacha?

Should /ywg/ instead be a general for all level5 games?

no

So what's this I hear about Psychic Specters finally acknowledging the series takes place in Japan?

It's inconsistent. Miradox says going to Sawayama involves "[traveling] through time and space," people in Sawayama both call it the civil war era and Japan's feudal era, and the Smashibull Quest says that Sawayama Castle stood close to Harrisville. PS as a whole feels like they're trying to do a better job without retconning everything, so it's super awkward.

Hey user, have you entered this Sunday's Official Battle tournament yet? 1st place gets a $100 eShop gift card, 2nd gets a $50 one, and 3rd gets a $20 one.
challonge.com/tournaments/signup/FsIaegiUVR

All those kids using hacked Yokai that you have no way of proving whether they're legit or not? sounds great!

It's an honor system thing, I guess. Now that all Yo-kai are available to everyone the only big issue would be if someone hacked in Bosses like that one Japanese video. From what I've heard, you can't give a hacked Yo-kai stats that the game wouldn't normally let them have, right?

Here's hoping it gets less awkward when we get to YW3. I don't even know how they'll write the early plot stuff with Peraperaion, let alone the whole game.

If only all boards were NSFW ...

Judging by YW's localization, should they decide to actually move the series to Japan, it'll have always been there with no explanation.

They won't, though.

I wish I could talk to the people behind the anime's localization and ask them a lot of questions on their choices, but you're not allowed to ask questions that people actually want answers to when doing an interview. I learned that by seeing Reggie of NoA get interviewed many times by that IGN guy.

i'm very mixed about the shadow side

Same, hope it's not permanent

Damn. I think them trying to make it seem like Nate's only traveling across the country will come across as kinda forced, though.

Not gonna enter but is this gonna be streamed? Could be fun to watch.

Sort of. It's pretty much impossible to stream a 3DS tournament unless I enter and win, which would be a little weird since I'm the one organizing it. I won't be entering, but I'll be streaming matches with people that have dropped out of the tournament, eventually ending with matches against the semifinalist and finalist if they're willing to play.

>I think them trying to make it seem like Nate's only traveling across the country will come across as kinda forced, though.
They seem to have the same mindset as Pokemon Company did when the dub anime changed voices: Kids are stupid and won't notice.

i know i might get a lot of hate for this
but what does /ywg/ think about comparisons to pokemon personally i'm fine with them as long as its not often and there not going all willy nilly and saying its a ripoff right off the bat

What's she thinking about, /ywg/?

getting the SUCC

Interesting choice.

when someone calls all yo kai designs shit give em one of these

I unironically really like Demuncher for some reason

I usually just post Benkei

If they do go edgy, I want them to go all out like New Getter Robo or something

those are pretty good but we all know the best yo kai is meowth

requesting a bloated smogmella rushing to the bathroom holding her butt with small toots coming out and some yoai of ash and nate

same, its fine to compare monster collectors, but to call Yokai Watch a ripoff of pokemon is stupid

That time Nate was in his underwear in full public.

As long as they don't use the "It's a rip-off" argument, I'm OK with it. Because by that logic, Pokémon is a rip-off of Shin Megami Tensei series. People can like more than 1 monster series, shocking I know.

What would they do to make it super edgy? I think it's still for kids, so its not like they can go super harsh or anything.

yo kai watch fanbase - iv'e seen a lot of butthurt in it before but for the most part everyone in it seems to tolerate other monster catching games and acts mature whenever a pokemon fan calls there game a ripoff
pokemon fanbase - for the most part whenever we see a game that resembles pokemon WE GO APESHIT AND WAGE A JIHAD AGAINST IT
tell me your experience in the two fandoms

>Nice of the young girl to invite us into her head eyy Luigi?

Caring about fanbases is stupid.

Besides, I've seen embarrassing stuff from the YW fandom plenty of times

twitter.com/yokaiaretrans

i have too but its still nothing compared to the pokemon fanbase

>That Twitter Account

Tumblr culture was a mistake.

well its tumblr what did you expect

HI I HAVE LIBERTYNYAN SS AND YOU DONT

BEEP BEEP
BEST SLIPPERY COMING THROUGH

WHERES THE LOVE FOR THIS LITTLE KAI SERIOUSLY???!

That's not Dasocks

Has tyrat appeared anywhere in the anime or game? I know he's locked behind the crankakai

Finally beat hinozall
lucked out and he didn't summon gilgaros once but around halfway you have to save your all out attacks for stopping that healing move
>Ray o Light from ultimate crank

can you get banned for hacking yokai even if they have legit stats?

Depends if Nintendo detects whatever you're using to make them when they do ban waves

What's yer guys favorite yokai?
Mines Sonic the Hedgehog

that's just a bot

Nurarihyon looks weird when he smiles
for awhile I thought he was just incapable of smiling

So for hinozall's blaster fight, what exactly does his summoned Manjimutt do? All I've seen him done is cower in fear

manjimutt doesn't do anything
jibanyan attacks, Tattletell heals him, and gilgaros attacks and stuns

most recent puni event hasn't really grabbed my attention, I don't really know why

boy or girl?

I didn't even know this guy existed until recently. I ended up getting him in one of my spare game files & put him into my main for collection purposes.

Bump for soccer boys

Yes.

>Yokai are trans

Reminds my of that tranny who shot ip a store he worked at to get a ghost pussy

What does Badsmella smell like?

scum and villainy

Has she been featured in the show? It took 200 eps for Damona/Hyakki-hime to finally appear.

not yet. I don't think any of the heroes from YW3 appeared in the anime yet.
Although one of the recolors of the hero line did appear (D-wrecks or something) in an episode.

what brought back hotel mario from YTP into the memes of 2017?

I just bought 1+2 (third version).
I have no idea what to expect.
I very briefly played the first's demo.

I haven't played an actual real game in quite some time (multiplayer games and shitty mobile games don't count) so my standards are pretty damn low.

Actually, I'm expecting 2 things. Weird design monster collecting and minigames. If they have this I'm good. If not, I just wasted 80 euroshekels.

Thankfully both games have that, though 2 has much more prominent minigames than the first game. They all share weird design monster collecting, but whether they are useful will depend on your team composition. At best, anything can be used up to the end of the main story.

But welcome to the fandom. Enjoy your stay. There's a couple of guides/tips in the OP google docs if it interests you.

So is Mifu a dead Fumi or a yokai that just happens to resemble her?

a dead fumi is the best bet, probably the same way as Fuu2.

In the game, it seems like its more or less the form they use to interact with each other when they show up in their respective world. IIRC, the world where Fumi gets the watch is considered an alternate universe

Oh, it's an alternate reality thing?

I think it would've been funnier if she was just a random yokai if I'm being honest

Cool, I'm gonna go in blind, I think it will be more fun that way.

That's how I started pokemon with ruby, just going in completely blind. It was really fun discovering new monsters.

That's the best way to experience it. I kinda ruined by own experience a little by looking to much into YW2.

smokers. The bad kind. The kind that you see in the don't smoke ads, but still insist on smoking anyway kind

did you get him yet /ywg/?

no

:(

>Uses my Daily Cranks on my Yellow Coins in the past

>Black Capsule

>Kingmera

Nice!

too lazy to try the event

some of the yokai watch plushes are insane in price
the enma forms are like 70-80 bucks, where they that limited?

Just started playing the first, question, are the yokai based on real yokai or made up? Or both?

Not that I know many, only kappa and yuki onna come to mind to be honest.

Both. In the second game all yokai based on real yokai are called Classic yokai, but there are still some that are based on real ones in the first game, like Tengu and the two you mentioned.

there are a few made up and some from real yokai
classic yokai tend to be more based on actual yokai

Was that something established in the 3rd game?

So did the player character create wobblewok? Because a bunch of yokai died to seal that thing in the inferno, feel like that would cause some tension.

sadly no but he has appeared in the 8th volume of the manga which is coming out january 2 2018
hopefully if he ever does appear in the anime it will be just like a tom and jerry cartoon

they haven't except for dodzilla and d rex