It's very hard.

speaking of hard

>making a general out of a 5 hour game
Autism

I'm neutral towards Cuphead

I want to _____ Mugman.

break

Off to a very strong start.

a lot of the games that get generals aren't long. stalker gets on and you can run that game in less than five hours. undertale can be done in less than an hour. fact of the matter is that this game is the new undertale/fnaf so get ready for this general to be top of the board constantly.

I want to parry the ghost of Mugman.

>wah wah stop discussing this game on /v/ and make it all here now!

fuck off

>cutest boss is also the weakest boss
it's not fair.

who was your favorite boss, boys?

her name is an especially funny pun in my language since it sounds like 'kala' which means fish.

idk if you know this but it's already a pun on calamari which is fried squid

WELL CUPHEAD AND HIS PAL MUGMAN

>TheBoogie
Man never dissapoints

Visually? Cala Maria for obvious reasons.
Gameplay had to be King Dice or Phantom Express. Those two threw in a welcome switch up to what became the usual.

she got great tiddy

nah man the hips and ass is where it's at

I didn't even realise it was him, I'm not used to seeing his art in colour.

Cuphead for Smash 5

I'm honestly impressed.

Why do people hate this game so much?

Even if we ignore the art style it’s a really solid game. It’s not faceroll easy but it also isn’t loaded with cheap IWBTG deaths, a majority of the bosses are all super well designed fun fights and even if the side scrolling levels aren’t fucking amazing they definitely aren’t unplayable garbage.

What’s the problem? Is it reviewers being retarded and saying it’s the dark souls of platformers that bothers people because while I don’t love that it’s certainly nothing new.

The only hate I've seen for this game is on /v/.

people like being mad

20 threads an hour on /v/ makes people hate shit. happened with poopg and overwatch and every other shilled game before them

What do you mean by shilled game?

Not trying to be a confrontational dick, seriously asking. I’ve seen lots of good reviews for this game but I do think this game is legitimately very good.

just memes my dude. when you see everyone raving about one game on /v/ it's a joke to say it's shills promoting the game, which might actually be true to an extent considering that gonzo advertising is a real thing.

I mean games absolutely have been shilled in the past. Look at MvCI.

we can't really prove it but I just assume that at least 30% threads on /v/ about new games are honest to god marketers.

>/chg/
>not /cup/
come ON

my only complaint with this game is i wish the side scrolling levels had a bigger focus on just blasting shit and not so much on platforming.

I kinda just wanted to blow through dudes Metal Slug style.

play metal slug then, this is more like contra which also had platforming gameplay

cuckhead

Yeah but shit like Perilous Pier feels more Mega Man than Contra, which I don't care for.

i wanna hug grim matchstick!

did anyone else think this fight wasn't too bad? definitely not easy but i had way more problems with the Ghost Train and Warbles on expert than Grim

>babbles gibberish at you

This

How do I S rank these guys? I can go perfectly fine until the slot part, then unless I get bulls twice I eventually get hit.

THIS ISN'T DARK SOULS, THIS IS CONTRA

>the milk hair thing is catching on
please god no

THIS ISN'T CONTRA, THIS IS GUNSTAR HEROES

OHHHHH

My mom has a mug that has the words "Fuck this shit" with a floral background.

I have just projected an image of Mugman saying "Fuck this shit" while in a flower field into your brain, And if you did not imagine that,
Now you are.

You posted it

Is Cuphead a shota

The fact that they call it dark souls anything when contra is a thing both amuses and depresses me.

Everyone nowadays uses the konami code. None of todays game journos actually played Contra back then. The Contra on Wiiware was not liked because it didnt have the code.

why is no one speaking?

Fuck this dude, robots don't even have souls

Would you be his friend?

Yes.

Only on the 2 frog men but I can say without a shadow of a doubt

/controllermasterrace/

play as

Same problem here. I can sometimes get through tiger but then get hit by a coin as soon as it finishes.

I had the same problem. I could usually go through those without being hit but I couldn't put any focus on actually hitting the damn guys.

So i bought the boomerang shooter.
Because I'm a spazz I'll constantly jerk backwards trying to maneuver myself right so the boomerangs will hit even though I'm not actually aiming. I just hold down the trigger. I'm using a xbone controller

Lads where the fuck do I parry stuff?

Let me explain. I know how to parry if it's just a vertical thing but I have no idea how to parry something that's say coming towards me horizontally.

Jump before it gets to you so that you fall into it.

oh fuck i feel dumb

What are the hardest bosses for you? I would say its a tie between Dr. Kahl and the Phantom Express. Even though I think Kahl might be harder, I always have a hard time on the train.

Definitely Kahl, Genie is a close second.
I didn't find the train too bad, the last part gave me some trouble though.

I can't decide on a hardest boss just yet (still replaying the game on Expert), but the boss that gave me the most trouble on my first playthrough was probably the bee.

I just got to the third isle and Beppi has been the hardest so far, first boss to make me legit mad

All of them because I'm awful at this 2d action games. I'm getting by, but very VERY slowly.

That fucking dragon and the robot. That last bullet hell fucks me beyond belief.

>just finished S-ranking world 1
Holy shit, this is a pain in the ass.

Anyone here manage to S-rank the whole game yet? What was the hardest part for you?

More like Cuckhead.

okay why is this game considered hard. all footage ive seen people beat all the bosses second or third try. just because you dont win first time dont make a game hard you weirdos. and bosses are 2 mins at most so losing to them isnt even frustrating or punishing. sorry for my bad english

Beppis the Clown.

Probably because game journalists say this game is the dark souls of video games

Oh, And clickbait.

And most importantly, Dr Kahl's stupid ass fucking iron giant.

Does it control better on PC or Xbox? I got an Xbox One to play 4K Bluray discs but I haven't gotten any games for it yet

>click on Cuphead on my steam library
>most recent "news" is RPS complaining that shitters are locked out of the end game if they don't beat the bosses on regular
lel.

Hotglue

>keep seeing people say the dragon is hard
>get to the dragon
>nigga this is easy
>hit the last stage
O-oh.

The cool thing about this game is that none of the bosses really felt "unbeatable" when I played them, even when I died so many times. I'd have to say that the only ones that felt like a brick wall were Djimmi, the Robot, and Dice King* He was by far the most intimidating due to the sheer length of his fight, but at least the mini bosses were easy enough.

Fuck I totally forgot about the train. Fuck the train. Fuck everything it stands for.

Please respond

I mean, are you just asking if it controls better on keyboard or gamepad?

Because I figure most people are playing the PC version with a gamepad.

>final phase of boss
>have to be close to killing it
>feel a sneeze coming on
>oh fuck I can't hold it
>quickly pause
>get sneeze out of the way
>unpause
>rhythm got all fucked
>die instantly
fuck allergies man

I wasn't sure if maybe aiming was better on PC. Seems like you could control that multi directional aiming with a mouse better than a gamepad.

>mouse
As far as I can tell so far the mouse isn't used for anything. Not even in menus.

>implying it matters if nobody will remember about this game in a month so no new threads and posts

those splitting fireballs are nasty
it's much easier if you refrain from shooting while the fireballs are out

I managed to get through it using the lobber. I had been using roundabout but that just turned everything into a clusterfuck.

I'm stuck on the devil. He's not hard but I'm very confused about something.
So the devil will do his dragon/snake attack which forces you onto the side of the screen. I can avoid this attack just fine but for some reason I'll just get hit by an invisible...thing. I don't know how else to describe it.
I know it's not one of the little demons that come from behind the throne because they're nowhere near me and I still get hit. Is it a bug?

Happened to me too. Just gotta deal with it.

i always thought it was one of his minions coming from the side might be wrong but shooting solved your problems so far. why not give it a shot

Where the fuck do I do the four parries thing for the juggler's coin? Can you actually parry something more than once before it dies?

the peppermint at the end of baron bon bons level is a good place to start. if not that then the pink balloons at the beginning of funfair fever with the trampoline

>watching LPs to see if I wanna buy
>quickly notice people don't parry anything (despite the concept of "parry the pink shit" seeming pretty goddamn obvious)
>some people won't even fucking DUCK under the most obvious shit
>then they siiiiiiiiiigh and sit in silence
>and then actually complain with shit like "dude this game isn't even fair, it's hard just for the sake of being hard"
>comments section is full of people also saying the game is way too hard
what the fuck even happened to gaming