/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaYKOQWooaU
my.mixtape.moe/yuehop.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=-hz-yiQkmGY
youtube.com/watch?v=PszH14OyeIw
youtube.com/watch?v=W6YRW1nyGaY
store.steampowered.com/app/300380/Road_Redemption/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Death and the art of generational recursion.

By the way, I tried Underrail. I don't see what all the hype is about, it's boring.

what is underrail

baby don't hurt me

Dead general.

Who needs a roguelike when we've got this thread dying all the time

1 day 4 hours or so left until A Hat in Time.

0.5 pages left until DED THRED

>Indie Game Battle cancelled because """bullies"""
o I am laffin

Who would you want to see in a proper indie smash bros game?

A character named "casual" that's just so OP he ruins all the matches.

>Cuphead isnt diffi-
youtube.com/watch?v=vaYKOQWooaU

Why did the worms heal him?

They didn't.
Parrying pink objects refills a segment of your super meter.

They're pink. You can parry everything that's pink for a second jump and a poker card. The cards are used to fuel your super attacks.
There's no way to heal in the game, except in the penultimate boss fight.

Don't hurt me

will it be good? I need to fill the void that yooka laylee left

What's wrong with Yooka Laylee?

huh? you seem to misunderstand

>A knockout!

Oh good now I remember there's something even deader than /indie/.

wasn't exactly what I thought and kept me yearning for more. I didn't say it was bad.

Yeah, I think I did.

We need to start scouting for generals that are too dead to survive on their own and start offering a merge. Not even /egg/ is this dead and we're far more niche.

hasn't that been done several times before? It doesn't really help it just kills off the other general during the merge.

good necromancer game WHEN

Eventually, everything will be /indie/.

That. Something that isn't "spam revive skeleton" or "revive zombie an watch them infect the entire town".

Sure is dead here.

You're not wrong. Eventually everything WILL be dead.

Watching Ringu right now I kinda how that game look like.

>will it be good?
It's shaping up to be quite good, yes. I will be holding my wallet until release, however.

It's just the fate of Veeky Forums a general is either always on the verge of dying, a complete cancerous mess, or just an eternal circlejerk. You just have to use the fuel of popular releases to keep afloat.
Well, I hope so

>Quote, Cave Story
>Prof. Lemeza, La Mulana
>Iji, Iji
>Noitu, Noitu Love

>Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight
>Cadence, Crypt of the Necrodancer
>Rogue, Nuclear Throne
>Red, Transistor

>a complete cancerous mess, or just an eternal circlejerk
What's the difference? No, don't answer.

Any indie games you have been enjoying?
Any indies you're excited for?

I'll probably only update this chart about once a month, so feel free to repost it in new threads if there's nothing else to add and if I don't post it.

It's the insect/bug distinction.

I've been loving Cuphead so far, but I'm thinking of returning to Hollow Knight and finish it.

How's Battle Brothers? It seemed really fine, but the user who played it said that it was all sandbox and not that interesting.

Its actually a bad game. Not terrible like PS2 shovelware but enough bad decisions to put it below mediocrity even after the patches.

>people complain about Battle Brothers no arms or legs
>but its okay when Rimworld does it
>some people even jack off to Rimworlds fleshdolls

>Source : my ass

Did some progress on my own project today.
Not much but... some exposition for the villains I guess.

my.mixtape.moe/yuehop.mp4

My main beef with Rimworld is that all melee weapon have the same range.

A few Anons have been asking about the Darkwood soundtrack. Some guy started uploading them in high quality on youtube recently, only 3 right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hz-yiQkmGY

youtube.com/watch?v=PszH14OyeIw

youtube.com/watch?v=W6YRW1nyGaY

Citations
/indie/- (Semi-Obscure) Indie Games General - Veeky Forums - Video Game Generals. (2017)

>Magical Diary Wolf Hall is coming soon®
>Spellbound is in development and is focusing on a romance system much more complex than Stardew Valleys
Is this the golden age of games about magical boys who are more than just friends?

I suppose it's about overall art direction and consistency.
Rimworld's abstract pawns fit within the rest of the art assets whereas the highly detailed, limbless balls of fat in Battle Brothers just look retarded.

Didn't you know you can fap to anything?

I just hope it'll add an option to fuck you witch girlfriend in the ass.

Good point

How many times will 10Tons make the same damn game in their ugly engine.

Who?

Yo, check out this cat.

A cute.

Noooo guys they're toooootally different just buy all three of our game, uh, I mean games, and see!

Did you drop a few frames when you shot Antek?

I remember seeing people play this like 4 years ago. Anyone been following it's progression? It finally came out of early access.
store.steampowered.com/app/300380/Road_Redemption/

oh hey it's that shovelwaretrashlike game that always pops up in my steam recommendations

not sure what I did to deserve it or why my torment continues even on /agdg/

Hob was fun, but fuck finding all the shit on that map.
A Hat in Time in 22 hours.

Nice.

This has honestly been a great year for games in general.

this isn't bad, but i wouldn't use those big text boxes very often

Yeah they're only for that one scene in particular.

seems like itd be fun for the first few hours at most

Woah, Nifflas has a new game?

ghost bump

Could anyone redpill me Darkwood? I want to know if there's a real story or if it's "lol randumb".

There's a story.

>the monster was me

Looks like teleglitch, name?

Yeah it came kinda out of nowhere.
Fuck off to /pol/ or kill yourself.

Darkwood. Developers put a Torrent up on Imgur as well. You can find links around.

So it's trash, okay. I'm not buying it in the end. Maybe I'll pirate it or something, but if the story is shitty, there's no real point in buying it.

Shaded Forest

It's not great. Too short. It has a lot of great systems but not enough game to play with all of them

Occult Tree Land.

I already played enough games who had no story at all but tried to pretend there was one by being way too cryptic, I'm not playing another piece of shit where you were sleeping all along, or you're actually the demon, or phone was Barbara, or it's some shitty allegory of surviving an accident or getting raped by your coach.

Wrong general, the emulation general is on /vr/.

you know there's an /emugen/ on vg right

[x] Of course I know. (lie)
[ ] Fuck you.
[ ] [Shoot him in the face]

The story's basically Polish Stalger but with magic bullshit instead of noosphere bullshit and more NPC lore

Ha, you meant Stalker. Mmm. Might be worth a try in the end. I'm not fond of Stalker's story but if I have something tangible, I don't mind weird shit.

>you meant stalker
I said what I meant you gopnik shitshoveller

You said Stalger, Artyom! You wanna get cheeki breeki'd?

I didnt play Darkwood yet, I made that up

Poland is a terrible country and you should pirate all media that come out of there to not support such a hateful people and land

t hitler

But I want to support hateful people us hateful people should stick together.

Yea verily.

But I love them BECAUSE they're hateful.

Nah, fuck off. Poland is great. Their McDonald's used to have orange juice ice cream for a short time and it's like, brilliant. The best thing ever, no joke.

that does look tasty

You mean Sherbert?

Does that look like sherbet to you, knucklehead?

kinda, yeah

Did your mother have any children that lived?

no, tragically

But then... Who are you?

no, *fortunately

Oh shit a spook.

>Battle Brothers
At least pirate it because the hacks that made the game deserve no support. The game itself is okayish for like 20 hourse but then the issues start to show and you'll get burned out really fast.

Wow, lad. It's that bad? How come? It looks pretty nice when an user talked about it.