/fg/ - Falcom General #110

Unwanted Physical Contact edition

Previous thread: Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending:
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2017/10/04/week-sales-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-fire-emblem-warriors-debut/
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-dominates-japanese-game-sales-charts-for-april/
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=vpJ1pB_XDjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will blow your mind away:
CS1 opening: Crow and Millium missing, both die
CS3 opening: Angelica missing, Angelica dies
What did Kondo mean by this?

(LAUGHS)

CSIII did pretty well considering its the least newcomer friendly and launching in the smallest console user base out of all in the series. NieR Automata (a much bigger game) sold 300k copies in Japan, China and SK will pick up the slack in Asia.
That being said it could do a lot better.

Play with me or the loli gets it

Calvard when?

It only the first week, so who knows. Considering Japs are super into handhelds, the numbers are decent enough i guess.

Is it possible to get to the airport in zero no kiseki?

>Rean angrily asks why his students decided to follow them to Hamel when he told them to stay put on military orders.
>Elliot, Laura, and Fie point out that he and Class VII also did disobey orders at the climax of CS1
The hilarious hypocrisy is real.

Sorry, but you knew too much...

The spoilers nobody would've believed in before CS3

>Literally the same pose as that guy from Ao

(laughs)

Anyone playing nightmare have reached Aurelia spiegel fight? How do you guys managed to beat her? I was on hard and got mostly lucky with her and I'm not sure that I can do the same on nightmare without level transfer.

There is no level transfer

That's why I said without level transfer though?

So who are they?

Altina a daughteru

Previous organization she belonged? Maybe one of them is the golden butterfly?

You will get a mission where you'll be able to check inside of it in chapter 4 i believe.

If i remember right, one is the 4th Anguis, and the other one the 3rd enforcer, both were also from her organization i believe.

Golden Butterfly is the woman I think who is the enforcer. 4th Anguis had the title of Thousand something.

So where the fuck did Ricotta in Ys VIII come from anyway?

Pretty sure she's an island resident?

Ok so who are her parents? The Eternians are too busy being dead, Thanatos was from a separate ship wreck, and there was no mention of her being washed ashore by a recent one prior to both Adol's and Thanatos'

this meeting will happen in cs4

RIP

siliconera.com/2017/10/04/week-sales-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-fire-emblem-warriors-debut/

That's most likely due to being on one console. It's slightly higher than all of them in a single console however.

They were going from two huge console user bases to a single one. It sold better than the other Cold Steel games when compared per console.
Still, ideally it would have hit 100k.

Well yes. It would have been extremely unusual not to have a sales drop when your potential buyers dropped by more than half.

I don't think anyone is surprised. Still I'm sure Falcom at least wanted 100,000 units sold in the first week.

Well, there's still the digital sales, so with them maybe they got to 100k.

I have to say it's pretty sad that you're the top selling game and STILL not selling enough.

There's really no solution there.

That's only counting physical?

What is the usual ratio of digital sales in Japan? 10%, 20%? I imagine even for JRPGs westerners tend to go digital more often than easterners.

Yes.

That's just how the Nip market is now. Guess we have to pray it does well in Korea and China(Taiwan). As well as Thailand and even Sea Monkey countries like Malaysia and Singapore. Those are the major buyers of the Kiseki series outside of Japan.

I guess we have to hope more Japanese players now buy digital more as well as .

Depends on the game.
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-dominates-japanese-game-sales-charts-for-april/
This suggests ps4 owners download more frequently.

>You'd rather Falcom go bankrupt for not appealing to their market then? PS4 is a dead console in Japan and Ys Kiseki is their biggest series.

Yes I would. If the future is mobile/portable gaming let it all burn.

It only sold about the same as the Vita versions of the previous 2 games, it didn't sell better.

>cs1 is shit but sells well cause people though it was a high-school dating sim
>cs2 is also shit but still sells well cause people wanted answers especially after the cliffhanger
>cs3 is good but most people aren't invested enough any more and it's only on ps4

I wonder if any of that was people buying the games twice. Did they have cross-save?

I think you guys are just trying to rationalize this. The game was a flop because it's selling on a dead console in Japan, trying to talk up digital sales or the eventual PC version is wishful thinking.

Falcom made a mistake and they'll have to learn as a company.

Portable + PC is a way better future than home consoles.

If you don't like it then stop playing vidya.

Also what else can they do? Vita's on it's way out and Sony isn't planning on making another handheld.

Well if the shareholders are not pleased Sen no Kiseki IV will probably be their last console game. That or Falcom will try to be a developer for Nintendo but that could backfire heavily.

Vita isn't on it's way out in Japan.

>Did they have cross-save?
Yes.

They could probably have made a visually tolerable Switch version if Kondo weren't a Sony fanboy, but they'll just have to deal with flatlining home console sales and no local PC market since there's no vita successor coming. Maybe they could also stop being faggots about letting overseas publishers get their hands on scripts in a timely manner.

It won't last more than a couple more years at best. It's already 6 years old. That might have saved CS3 but won't help the eventual rest of Kiseki.

Although if it's only selling as good as the Vita versions of 1 and 2 anyway then it makes no difference because they couldn't do PS3 and Vita again anyway since PS3 is dead even in Japan.

Yeah but Vita + PS4 would've been a huge success.

Then they'd have to gimp it again, in which case why even bother with the PS4?

>Maybe they could also stop being faggots about letting overseas publishers get their hands on scripts in a timely manner.
At the very least for Taiwan, Thailand and Korea. Those are the biggest markets for Overseas Kiseki.

I'm not sure what logic brings you to that conclusion.

Might as well just make Kiseki games into a visual novel at that point.

Because it's a lot of extra sales, specially in the west, and a bunch of extra sales in Japan too.

Dual platform is really the way to go if you're a niche japanese company, that way you can always get both markets.

Fuck Vita, Falcom did the right thing.

>vita is a lot of extra sales especially in the west
wut
And this would be a significantly more costly port due to reduced ability to fudge assets.

The fact that Vita had more than half the sales of the previous games and that dual platform games in japan generally favor Portables?

You say it like Sen 3 uses the PS4 to it's maximum capacity, even though it still looks like a PS3 game.

>Falcom did the right thing by wasting a lot of money
I really hope you never run a company.

>vita is a lot of extra sales especially in the west
user, I meant that PS4 is a lot of extra sales in the west, the post I was replying to asked what was the point of PS4 if they also made a vita version.

It would be my pleasure.

Yes the fuck it is kek. Vita is literally average 3.7k-3.9k a week now. It's dead jim

Fuck off witch. You were booted from the Anguis.

>wasting
You're delusional if you think this needed more than a few dozen thousand sales to pay for itself.
Still not good numbers and yeah PS4 only gimped the sales hard but it's most definitely not in the red.

How much do you guys think the development of Sen no Kiseki 3 cost?
300000000 yen?

Kondo's lungs

Ps4 does like 20k a week, a lot less than the Switch yet you don't see Falcom releasing shit there, because it's not where they can get sales.

Well, it seems they can't get the sales they need in the PS4 exclusively either, so they need to put their shit into the vita even if it's selling less in Japan, because that's where they have a big install base.

Wasting money doesn't mean getting into the red you doofus, it means that they wasted money that could've been theirs if they just made it dual plat.

Making two versions to focus on two seperate markets knowing one will sell badly in one doesn't sound like anything anyone would ever consider in Japan.

In anything they'd make it Vita only in Japan and then make a PS4 for the West only like Cyber Sleuth initially did.

>Making two versions to focus on two seperate markets knowing one will sell badly in one doesn't sound like anything anyone would ever consider in Japan.

I'm not saying they should do it for that reason, I was just answering to that hypothetical, which is that not making a PS4 version would've been retarded too, because they would lose a lot of japanese sales and most western ones (until a PC version is made).

If anything, they should've made both PS4 and Vita versions for Japan and then only release the PS4 one in the west, like other companies have done.

God I hope you all die in Sen 4.

They apparently made about 6 million USD.

>You say it like Sen 3 uses the PS4 to it's maximum capacity, even though it still looks like a PS3 game.

It doesn't use PS4's full potential but it's still significantly crisper and faster than 1 and 2, something that they couldn't do if they had to make a Vita version.

Should be around that yeah.

They could totally do it while dropping graphical quality.

Why does everyone here assume that both versions have to look exactly the fucking same?
Compare the two versions of Utawarerumono 2 and 3, PS4 versions looks crispy and detailed while PSV versions have low poly models all around. Sen 3 wouldn't even need to go that far because as they have proven they can actually make a kiseki game in PSV.

Well sure, the total numbers will probably eventually add up to something respectable, but they need to get off their buts and arrange overseas publishing while it's still in development. Plenty of other companies can manage this.
You don't see them releasing shit there because they've released almost nothing in that period of time and Kondo is openly a Sonyfag.

>as they have proven they can actually make a kiseki game in PSV.
Yeah, it's not like the vita died everytime McBurn was on screen.

>You don't see them releasing shit there because they've released almost nothing in that period of time and Kondo is openly a Sonyfag.
Well that and doesn't Nintendo not really care about third party developers especially small ones?

Nintendo has been pretty open to 3rd parties, it's 3rd parties that don't care about Nintendo.

Switch is selling so well that it's getting a lot of nip multiplats announced though, like Atelier.

Oh really? I guess that's good. I guess Kondom just needs to get over himself, that or maybe it's Kadokawa who insists that he goes with Sony. I don't know. I'm sure they could get Kondom to change his mind.

>Nintendo
>Not weeb city

k

I wouldn't be surprised if he does change his mind eventually. It's not like they have any other options for handhelds in Japan for whatever their next non-Sen game will be in 2 years.

Well it's that or they become a mobile phone game company.

Yeah. It could be that he thinks he needs to finish the current arc on the playstation 4. And then if Falcom doesn't go bankrupt I guess they could try to do multiplat or just do Nintendo entirely.

Or just port the games later. Soon Rean will be available on Switches, phones and high-tech water bottles.

So what's going on with the translation for Ao? Is there a website where I can see updates for it?

Currently at 63,50%.

gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com.br/p/games.html?m=1

Falcom music channel is uploading some songs to it's channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=vpJ1pB_XDjM

portable gaming is great, though, I had much more fun with my PSP when it came out then with the PS4 now, which I only bought for some exclusives. I also spent more time playing MonHun on the 3ds than gaming on my PC.

He's a retard by comparing mobile and portable gaming already, ignore him.

>scared Falcom employee

Sure is quiet.

American working hours.

I want to choke Altina

Gotta ask; who translates these?

Cedric I can't wait to fucking murder you next game.

What does Ash read?

Some user did in a past thread, i just grabbed that, and typeset it.

In the game, he does the computer science task before everyone, he also seems to read general literature, and some gravure magazines, and when some dudes were playing the guitar loudly near the library, he fixed their musical sheet so the song would come out better.

Ash is actually pretty smart.

I like this version better.

That one does sound more natural yeah.