>DARK SOULS 2 (DaS2)
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS (DaS1)
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS (DeS)
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
evernote.com/shard/s281/sh/d8d3bffc-3866-46d5-924c-d3636f59644d/7adb7cc52beb8489
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who's a guy who does Dark Souls lore videos that isn't VaatiVidya? If I have to sit through another minute of his hyper-affected sadboy voice I'll kill myself.

Dark Souls 1 - Best Singleplayer Experience
Dark Souls 2 - Best Overall Experience
Dark Souls 3 - EZ-Mode Experience

Change the video's speed.

If Artorias had a cat what kind of cat would it be?
An Abyssinian.

why is DS1 such a steaming pile of shit, optimization wise? even with DSFix I still lag in some places, while DS2 works flawlessly

Going to go through and stream my Return to Lordran run. But should I use my NG+ character that's just been sitting in startgame Firelink, for a chance of getting gravelorded, or just start a brand new character?

>Dark Souls 2 - Best Overall Experience
not even close

>COMMUNITY
Discord discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

>watching Dark Souls lore videos
Just read item descriptions. Anything you watch by that shitter is full of fanwankery and plagiarized material.

Because they had zero idea what the fuck they were doing. And SotFS was literally designed and optimized to run at 60 FPS from the get-go.

What is an opinion

Haven't paid attention to DS3 patch notes in months. Is Rosaria's rebirth glitch still a thing?

Is there any usage for taking 15/15 Int/Faith on a conventional 40/40 Quality?

I'd wish ball cancer upon you but it's clear that you are a no-balls bitch. I agree with the 2 others, but you are still bitch.

Only if you're using non-scaling spells / miracles.

yeah well I heard it was bad because it was simply a port, but I didn't realize it would be this bad
they're both cool games though
I still have to play DS3, waiting for that release with DLCs included... is there any evidence that this should happen soon? or is it still a long way away?

>there are people on this earth that wish disease upon others just because they have different opinions then they
Sad really.

>EZ-Mode Experience
If you're playing the intended way

yes

You know it's funny you must have misunderstood me. What I said was "who does Dark Souls lore videos that isn't VaatiVidya," but what you heard was "how can I listen to a depressed British man whisper to me REALLY FAST."

I mean the Lore Videos have evidence that isn't just from item descriptions, like how Oolacile and Darkroot Garden's maps overlay each other so well. I can find that information elsewhere, but the videos basically act like a summary of fan theories on shit.

You mean the reddit glitch?

Why can't you just owe up being a big fat PvP baby? Claims like these are ridiculous.

10/10 lets you use the Firelink Greatsword
10 INT lets you to use the PKCS
15 INT lets you use frozen weapon, but it's better to just use a weapon with frost as is.
18 INT lets you use snap freeze and Great Magic Shield
11/12 allows you to use the dragonhead shield
12 FTH lets you use force
14 FTH lets you use Lothric's Holy Sword
15 FTH lets you use Blessed Weapons, ToD, and Replenishment
18 FTH lets you use Filianore's Chimes and the Dragonslayer Swordpsear
There isn't much reason to go above 18 in either without going to 30 in both, 40 in both, or 60 in one.

It's a shitty joke because he did have a cat

>just read item descriptions
this

Mah nigga.

>Dark Souls lore videos
For Dark Souls 1 you won't find a better guy than ENB.

For Dark Souls 3, maybe The Ashen Hollow

Yes
15 fai nets you blessed weapon, tears of denial and replenshment
15 int grants you I think hidden body/weapon and access to spores, none of which particularly useful unless you're trying some white ring trickery.

>he did have a cat
Alvina? She doesn't seem like a pet, more like a friend.

hes a straya cunt

>You like Dark Souls 2? Fuck off!
I really wish this would stop. These threads are no fun at all when it's just 10 people mindlessly bashing Dark Souls 2.

I was already intending 10/10 for the Firelink Greatsword, so that's the baseline. It feels like 15 Int isn't going to be worth it, but 15 Faith might be a good investment. Should I bother putting anything into Att, or let a ring take care of that?
Also, best Talisman/Chime for 15 Faith? I want to say Canvas, but my memory's fuzzy on that subject.

From the top of my head
>silvermont
>hawkshaw
>ashen hollow
>enb

What are pets at all if not animal friends?

The Reddit glitch still exists, yes. They never patched it out despite Reddit's best efforts.

Blessed Weapon
Tears
Force
Caressing Tears
Magic Barrier

Frozen Weapon
Spook
Chameleon
Hidden Body

Rapport
Poison/Toxic Mist
Carthus Beacon (lol)

Plus various weapons with Int/Fai requirements like PKCS.

Basically, if you want to have non-scaling utility. You won't be able to easily fit it onto 40/40 quality without PChain and SL125 though, since you'll also need Attunement.

Souls lore fags are the worst part of the community, even worse than duelfaggotry in DaS3. Just figure the rest out yourself, and keep your shit to yourself.

Epicnamebro is the best for DS1.

So should I start a new character for RtL, or just go straight into NG+

The difference between an Australian man faking an overwrought English accent and an Englishman is literally nothing.

I think I can dodge the Chain, actually. Looking a second time, 15 Int doesn't seem as good of a choice as 15 Faith, and there's always Deep/Saint's Ring.

I like guys like JSF who go autistically deep into the lore

the arch trees being gray is just to demonstrate how there really wasnt shit before the fire, not even color
and i think seathe gave up his scales when he betrayed the other dragons, you can see him crushing a dragon scale and his skin looks rather bloody, like he just ripped all his fucking skin off

>anyone who tries to actually understand what the fuck is happening is a faggot

Go back to CSGO if you're not interested in a game with story.

Thanks friend.

hed have a normal aussie accent if he didnt talk like hes got a FUGS up his arse

whats wrong with lore fagging? it is nice to have conversation other than "hi dsg what sword will let me rape through everything? ive got 99 resistance btw lol"

You can play Dark Souls without getting into the story (which honestly isn't super interesting)

Seath was born albino without scales, and helped kill the dragons so he could research how to become immortal.
That's why you have to destroy that glass crystal shit before he can die.

Dark Armored Souls Core when

There is a difference between not being interested in the story and saying that anyone who wants to know what's happening is a piece of shit who needs to be purged from the community.

>and i think seathe gave up his scales when he betrayed the other dragons, you can see him crushing a dragon scale and his skin looks rather bloody, like he just ripped all his fucking skin off
That is the stupidest fucking thing.
>Seath had scales
>He tore of his scales so he could be not immortal
>he then betrayed the other dragons because they were immortal and he wasn't
>to gain their immortality crystal so he could stay immortal
He tore off his scales of immortality to gain immortality is what your getting at.

see

Hard-locking a ring slot for an Attunement slot is not a good idea, even with Darkmoon Ring. At that point you may as well equip PChain and splurge on Attunement.

There are some weapons that have higher-than-usual Int requirements, but if you just want to wield Firelink Greatsword then your best option is probably to just leave Int at 10 and strap on Sc**lar Ring whenever you want to cast anything that requires 15 Int.

There's a difference between learning about the story, and trying to squeeze meaning out of literally every small piece of text like it's Evangelion or some shit. Lore shitters are literally worse than Sonic fans, the games were never written with a coherent story to begin with, even Miyazaki himself said so.

Well that brings us back around the original question of "how was seath born scaleless (how as he born at all when there was no life) IE mortal, before life became a thing."
The answer is easy and obvious, either don't think about it or the old lady is an unreliable narrator who is full of shit.

Going for PChain honestly seems excessive, I can hit the caps on Vig and End without it, and the build itself isn't even at 60% equip load with base Vit and Favor+3. Absolute worst, I might need to hit 121.

Pretty sure the biggest rumour about the next Miyazaki game was exactly this

And me asking for a lore video was shitposting, then? Like does my desire to watch a couple videos offend you on some level? And yeah the games are painted with a broad brush but they are painted. The script isn't just word salad.

you are right, this makes a lot more sense

fucking crazy old bitch, god i hope someone makes her link the flame

>the games were never written with a coherent story to begin with
ans that's what makes squeezing your own story out of every small piece of text so much fun

It's more efficient than locking a ring slot for Attunement slots, is what I'm saying. Going from 1 slot to 3 by raising Attunement from 10 to 18 is 8 levels, which you can achieve with Darkmoon Ring. PChain gives you 15 levels, which is almost twice that.

It's ultimately your call. If you're not going to be using those Attunement slots all the time, then all the better.

How do i get good in ds3?
I cant seem to beat any mob past highpriest sullivan, the silver knights destroy me, i cant dodge aldrich and i dont want to summon players to help.
im running around in mercenary armour with claymore and some random shield, every other gear seems similar or weaker.

Never accused you of shitposting. But if you go too far down that road, you stand a good chance of becoming one of those headcanon fanwankery shits who comes up with stupid-ass theories with no basis in any interviews or item descriptions, like Gael being the true First Born of Gwyn.

What's your soul level and weapon upgrade?

Posts stats/ gear

the rumor is that he wants to make another armored core game, but I haven't heard anything about what it would be like. The last AC game he directed wasn't very dark souls like except for the NPCs and plot

>Well that brings us back around the original question of "how was seath born scaleless (how as he born at all when there was no life) IE mortal, before life became a thing."

They never actually mention Seath until after the fire ignites. Maybe Dragons tried out fucking and it DID NOT end well.

You've gotten to the point of the game where enemies will start using combos instead of just attacking once. Learn to dodge those combos and punish them either by learning the parry timings or getting free backstabs.

Aldrich is a hard boss to dodge, that's his whole gimmick. You have to get in his face and mash him with your weapon for being a cowardly pussy who just tries to run away and spam spells at you. Once you get close to him he becomes a joke since his melee attacks are slow and can miss even if you're standing still, and leave him vulnerable for several seconds.

>implying an AC game from Miyazaki, the man who ruined Armored Core, would be a good thing

I'd much more trust Tanimura to build a good AC game.

Which Npc invader in ds3 gave you the most trouble /dsg/?

If I'm looking to do Rosaria stuff and whatever other quest progressions that happen in Cathedral should I be doing Cathedral before fighting Abyss Watchers? I've pretty much cleared Farron Keep but haven't touched Cathedral so thinking I should do that first?

Is Moonlight Greatsword "viable" at all? any patches? If so, how to build?

*path blocks you*

I don't understand the question.

why does the run to 4kongz suck so much
nito was either unthreatening or avoidable with the exception of that one skeleton archer, seath is literally a straight run if kind of an extended one

Fucking Hodrick at Cruc Woods.

Either Zoey or Shira. Zoey just does a shitload of damage and I spent way too much time trying to Dark Hand her, and Shira is slippery as all hell and never lets you land a clean hit on her.

Cathedral and Abyss Watchers are both roughly equal in difficulty, plenty of people do the former before the latter.

Yes in 3, all you need is 40-60 INT. You should also get some poise, about 20-30 will work for most things but if you want to poise stack just go 40 INT and sink a lot of points into VIT for Havel's.

>implying an AC game from Miyazaki, the man who ruined Armored Core, would be a good thing

>I'd much more trust Tanimura to build a good AC game.

Agreed, all they really need is enough of the old developers that understand what made the series good to apply it to a modern game engine.

Or just give us a modern remake of Last Raven.

The problem with that is that Nabeshima left long ago in the midst of the Kadokawa buyout (he's directing that new Front Mission survival shooter game that Square-Enix announced at TGS). With all the brain drain and varying degrees of breaking down that have happened because of Bamco's meddling and years of making only Dark Souls, my faith in a good Armored Core game coming from From is not that solid.

>got full nodes on a SL116, but no invades / summons
>currently have 0 nodes on a SL25
Nice event, reddit.

why do people call invasions "invades"?

>expecting to find matches in an old ass game on a weekday

event or not cmon now

Hey guys

are there any

GIANT SNAKE spells? like Madaras in Bloodborne? Something like that?

confirmed for having actually played the series.

Closest you'll get to Madara's is the Allahu Akbar WA on Crucifix of the Absolute Madman.

There is a "snake" pyromancy in 2 and 3, which is closer to tiny tonitrus

Alright we're doing it again lads. Crucifixion woods, sl 28 weapon +3 on pc, come farm your ears or what ever else you need. Name is pls no kill me.

Nobody. Real men read hundreds of item descriptions.

>step away for a minute in Dark Souls 2
>come back and find an invader spamming me with the armor breaking stuff

god damnit.

>afk in ds
You deserve everything

>all of the nostalgiafags and DS3 babbies got triggered by this post
they can't handle patrician taste it seems

why can't I pause if I'm solo? reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Because you're never truly solo, the invader just hasn't found you just yet. If you want to go afk, quit game or stay in an area you can't get invaded

lol if you summon hawkwood at archdragon peak and clear out the gauntlet of enemies, he path of the dragons at the spot where you get the twinkling torso stone and returns to his world. neato

So Malcolm Reynolds can invade you.

Are you preparing to die yet?

>these two things are impossible to do together

welcome to dark souls :D

Silver Mont does videos, but I haven't listened to much of his, so I can't vouch for quality.

It's a bit of a meme, but I really do think the games are more fun when you come to your own conclusions with the item descriptions and certain mechanics and people.

I think anyone that goes into Dark Souls lore is either 1) not actively playing Dark Souls and was interested in the aesthetic and story or 2) already played the games and looked through a bunch of the items and just want to get plugged into the greater community discussion. Gamers are very herdish creatures, they want to get involved in a community.

About the plagiarizing bit, is evernote.com/shard/s281/sh/d8d3bffc-3866-46d5-924c-d3636f59644d/7adb7cc52beb8489 related to that? I got into the Souls community really late, so I'm a bit lost with the plagiarism stuff.