/rsg/ - Runescape General

Not Ironman edition

Count Check is in Lumbridge, gives you a clue everyday for some cool stuff. Talk to him.

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,82,65954394
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/customer-support-week--gielinorian-giving-ii?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
>October's Month Ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=dj14AGvYXI0

>RuneFest Reveals
services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-reveals?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/legend_arts/status/806516496251973632
twitter.com/JagexTyran/status/703359004622393348
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soon™

third for homosexual relations with your gym teacher

Is there any information about what rewards we'll get for Dimension of the Damned?

no

6th for retards bringing t90 into the wilderness

refund me

Can I talk to you guys about Dungeoneering?

no
fuck that shitty skill

What about it

Just after Rite of Passage is finished.

I used to love it. But the reason that I did was kind of unusual in this kind of playerbase I guess, because my favorite thing about Dungeoneering was the atmosphere of Daemonheim. I loved going through the dungeon at a casual pace while taking it in.

There was a profound sense of mystery and danger within it. The ambient music is somehow foreboding yet soothing and mesmerizing at the same time. The journals to be found in there offered both explanations as to what these new creatures and resources were and an interesting build-up to what could possibly have been at the end. I like the behemoth, stalker and Kal'gerion notes a lot. Who's Grondaban? What did Thok and Marmaros see at the bottom?

The monsters used to be powerful and resilient, especially the bosses. I think back then just one member of the Skeletal Trio could hit for upwards of 400 damage against our 990 health pool. Nowadays they struggle to hit more than 1k against ~10k health pools. When I opened a new door back then, I had to analyze the room and ensure I had enough food to take on the enemies in it, maybe see if I could plan around my shadow silk hood passive since that was actually useful.

I liked that I had to be cautious and use the resources in the dungeon. Remember when people used to actually fish, cook and drop it all the base for people to share? Daemonheim felt threatening and I loved it. Now it's too easy and I can just bumrush every room and boss.

Hard mode is kind of cool. It's tougher, not as tough as pre-EoC, but at least I sometimes need to eat. No one wants to do it because there's no benefit to it unless you're out for the title. Because most players today disregard anything that isn't about efficiency and gains I can't take in the atmosphere if I play in a team anymore. People will get mad at me if I'm too slow for them, which is fair enough. I wouldn't hold that against them, but it still means I can't enjoy Dungeoneering for what made it special to me.

And thinking about this makes me feel pretty miserable. Dungeoneering used to be the best thing in the game and it sucks now. Not that I expect anything to change, I just wanted to tell someone and Veeky Forums is all I've got.

I agree with everything you just said.
I want 2011scape to be a thing.

>What did Thok and Marmaros see at the bottom?
It came out in April of 2010 and Jagex still can't come up with an answer.

What's a good street price to buy cursed energies?

They did, it was the body of some other Mahjarrat tribe thing that Bilrach pulled out of Freneskae killed. That was what caused the strange power too.

twitter.com/legend_arts/status/806516496251973632

Is it worth keeping all these mushrooms and shit that I harvested from the Arc? It's taking up a lot of bank space.

no

>Saradomin and H.A.M

Damn, I want this

Hey guys, I have a problem. Ever since the big client update I haven't been able to hop worlds, at all. I get the error messages "Client token failure, and Game session has now ended." It doesn't matter how long I've been logged in, I still can't hop. I contacted a community manager on Reddit and they told me it was my ISP's problem, but when I contacted my ISP they said it's probably a porting problem. So I opened the ports that the RS site says and still no dice. Am I just going to have to close and re-log every time I want to world hop?

There was a big client update?
That sort of explains why I cannot log out without closing the client, even from autolog. Trying just forces a connection re-establishment.

there's gonna be a soulgazer pet?
pretty cool I guess, I like they way they look way more than the sneakerpeeper and wish they got the priff dungeon instead of edimmu

Nah the one two years ago, I quit playing because of it

Oh, NXT? You QUIT BECAUSE of a massive improvement? That is very confusing.

you're right, jagex completely fucked over the daemonheim monsters with eoc and most of the bosses are a joke now
they should rebalance it already though some of the efficiencyfags will probably complain that it'll reduce their completion times

No I quit because I couldn't hop worlds

But things that require frequent hopping are few and far between.

They fucked it over a month or two before the release of EoC, actually.
I am glad that they rebalanced solo XP to be viable when they did that, but the difficulty crash is a very questionable tradeoff.

Now I need Berserker, Maniacal and Reckless, right?
Master Jack of Trades is not in picture, but I have it.

Some other suggestions?

Is luck of the dwarves worth it, or is it just a meme?

gh

if you have the money, sure

Both. It is worth its paltry cost and equipment slot, but it is still just a meme.

I can't kill spider with this
wat do

gitgud

level up your runecrafting

>anime
>non-augmented

non-degradable

>anime
I don't get it

Who cares? You should out-profit charge costs. Especially when bossing.
Augment the shit and get useful perks. Or switch to nex armours because they're better statwise for the same charge drain.

it was a mistake

Anima

I'm poor af unfortunately, I just wanted to try some higher level bossing

Can we used basic macros in this game without bein punished? Like one that spams '1' and one that clicks?

as long as its a 1:1 input:output ratio is """kosher""", but supposedly using ahk is sketchy af whereas windows mousekeys are less sus

no

jagex will probably have their own official macro system soon enough, but no you'll still be chancing a ban.

While perks would help, they aren't outright necessary. I would still recommend them. Even if you're poor, anything you do that would require t80 armour should profit back enough to make up for it easily.

But again, you shouldn't need them. So you could work on strategy first.
What exactly is killing you? Are you running out of food, ignoring explosive or mirror mechanics, getting hit faster than you can heal, what?

1:1 is a myth
twitter.com/JagexTyran/status/703359004622393348

>running out of food
This mostly, but I've been using a phermone hoping that helps over the whole kill

>getting hit faster than I can heal
Also this, I did recently buy corruption shot hoping it would take care of the minions

>"""kosher"""

you still risking the hammer

If it's any form of macro, be it automatically repeating keys, several keys at once, multiple mouse movements, or anything of that sort, it's straight up rule breaking.
There's been several grey area controversies, like 'mousekeys' and '1:1'. But it basically boils down to 'If the automatic bot busting system catches you with that shit you get no support'.
Use at your own risk, just like 3rd party software.

I've been banned recently without anything of that sort. Just running Hefin without mouse movement.
But I did have my laptop's lid closed and ignored it for hours at a time while just clicking. So I sort of deserved that.

>this account has been confirmed to be botting by our high tech software and your ban will not be repealed

Close.

So what you're saying is if I wanted to watch a movie on my second monitor while training that autistic skill with a method that's been known for ages now I could be banned

Good job Jamflex

Sort of. If their system detects you as a bot, they don't like to question it. That takes actual work.
But they will give a 3 day ban before permanent bans in most cases. Like
>Get your act together and stop botting or ACTING LIKE A BOT', both are equally disgusting!'

was it perma though?

It's been like this for years.
Rapid clicking without mouse movement gets you banned. I get b-anxious whenever I get the popup that says you only need to click once.

Nah. Had no prior black marks on the account for almost 10 years.

Though I do dread dealing with customer service if it does ever happen, I would still make a giant scene over it. Maybe on Reddit, so mods see it. But here too just to be obnoxious.

Runecrafting is only trained through lamps

fun

>corp's health bar

we were all using bronze spears

look at that shitter not using Ancients

hey it me

Go to runespan top floor.

That's several days worth of awful afking. I'll likely never max because I'm never going to do that.

>afking
>awful
On second thought go get 99 rc in classic.

but
user
you can't do that

Not him buy why rc? To make the ports stuff?

his runecrafting is very low

Zu Zu is best slut.

Why would I train rc when I can train a useful skill?

>not playing the way I like it
kys

Killing spider is not useful unless you become autistic about doing things efficiently.

The only reason I care about high level pvm is so that I don't keep getting more behind my friends

>Bank Rework delayed till rs3 mobile release in 2018

Feelstransendentman

why isn't your virtus with the torva and pernix REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Jagex's code is so shitty a bank rework will take over a year, which is longer than 90% of their biggest projects

I really wonder what kind of spaghetti jungle hellhole it is.

>not having two of everything so it will never move from position

Doesn't work with augmented gear, obviously.

thanks

I'm 100% positive you don't need all those auras and scrimshaws on a regular basis.

I'm not tryna afk chop a tree man

The cape perk is nice

Is Jewberg machine still profitable?

it always will be profitable?

Yes. Hasn't it always been? I just use the wax myself anyway, though.

Just never hear people talk about it anymore so I thought it died from the cape update or something. My mistake.

no. it IS still a solid 700k-800k per reset and its easy asf with the thread/cape

People always mention it when someone complains they cannot make enough for bond membership. Because it pretty much always covers half of it straight out.

No I meant his health bar is covering my guy.

why is menaphos so shit?

because nu-jagex are shit