/nintyg/ - Link Sprouse Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /mk8g/, /arms/

>Important News
「!」Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake releasing this month: youtube.com/watch?v=eTlwyOwJ1VY
「!」Oxenfree trailer: twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/913116770801639424
「!」Blaster Master Zero getting 1.4 update, adds Boss Blast mode: nintendoeverything.com/blaster-master-zero-getting-1-4
「!」Livestream of Stardew Valley, which releases on Switch tomorrow: youtube.com/watch?v=W5QAAXaJ9to
「!」Interview about new Layton and Inazuma Eleven: images2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/license-global/digitaledition/09-2017.html#16
「!」Explanation on why Mario Odyssey ditches the lives system: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-explains-why-super-mario-odyssey-ditches-the-lives-system/
「!」Geno cameo removed from the Superstar Saga remake: nintendoeverything.com/geno-cameo-removed-from-mario-and-luigi-superstar-saga-bowsers-minions/
「!」A trailer for new Harvest Moon: youtube.com/watch?v=jjblXnCqGoQ
「!」Mario Odyssey's Cascade Kingdom revealed: youtube.com/watch?v=pT4Nd2_rRws
「!」EShop release of Just Dance 2018 has launched: nintendoeverything.com/just-dance-2018-out-now-on-the-north-american-switch-eshop-as-well-trailer/
「!」Sakamoto talks about remaking Metroid II and details on the Fusion remake pitch: gamerant.com/metroid-samus-returns-producer-yoshi-sakamoto-interview/

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>3DS Model Comparisons
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/amiibo-igcc-12.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2015/03/24/nintendo-ceo-iwata-netflix-legend-of-zelda-series/amp/
nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Stardew-Valley-1287587.html
stuff.tv/features/nintendo-switch-vs-nvidia-shield-k1-weigh-in
youtu.be/wAPpVplHiDE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Geno cameo removed from the Superstar Saga remake
Genofags BTFO

Whatever happened to that Live action LoZ Netflix series that news sites were talking about?

I hope Link is Cole Sprouse

Wasn't that just an ancient April fools joke?

it was fake news

is there any issue with buying a game on the UK eshop as a US user
what would the drawback be?
I just want the games earlier

Probably more expensive, but nothing else as far as we know.

thots on

>Cursed Castilla
>Elliot Quest
>Mario Sports Superstars
>Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny 【Fan translated, is the game actually good?】
>Runbow Pocket 【N3DS】
>RPG Maker Fes
>Miitopia

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai 【JP】
>MEGAMI MEGURI 【JP】
>Puyo Puyo Chronicle 【JP】 (can it be played without JP knowledge?)
>Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 【JP】
>Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 【JP】
>The Snack World 【JP】

The drawback is that if you lose your account email/password then you can redownload it

Also who else has an expensive Switch cooling set up?

Is there something like this for Switch? I have Zelda and MK8D and I feel like I need something else for it. Preferably something that I couldn't just get on PC - then again, this is a portable system so maybe something that lends itself to portability and doesn't have tiny-ass text.

>Is there something like this for Switch?
not yet

ew.com/article/2015/03/24/nintendo-ceo-iwata-netflix-legend-of-zelda-series/amp/

"Iwata did not outright deny that Nintendo is looking into developing a television show based on the company’s IP, nor that the company has not considered a partnership with Netflix, only that the initial report was inaccurate"

The idea probably died with iwata

I hope so. We got a shitty cartoon and that was plenty.

bump

cant*

Currently there's not much out. If you don't have a Wii U then Pokken is pretty decent if you like fighting games that revolve around player skill instead of inputting 2 to 20 button combinations for one single attack like other fighting games. Puyo Puyo Tetris is nice for portability. You can do 4 players on one screen, plus there's quick access to Puyo/Fusion/Tetris modes on the title screen and it also has online/rankings/local versus modes/story mode/unlocks.

I think this is part of the animation efforts they did with Starfox Zero + Pikmin Movies + Universal Pictures partnership.

Alright, so I'm buying Golf Story. You guys better not have lied about its charm. I don't want no "indie people try to capture Nintendo's lightning in a bottle but there was never any lightning in the first place because it was all nostalgia goggles".

golf story
picross s
shovel knight
wonder boy
i am setsuna
kamiko
shantae
axiom verge
sonic mania
disgaea 5

coming soon:
no more heroes
mp4

Don't give him (You)s

The fuck is Kamiko and I Am Setsuna?

>NMH
>MP4
Man how could I forget...

I thought shantae was a meme.

Kamiko is by the people who did Fairune 1 & 2 for 3DS (and I think mobile?). It plays like Ys 1 & 2 from the PC-Engine in that if you run into an enemy, if you are higher level then you defeat that enemy. Otherwise you take damage and recoil. Didn't play the 2nd Fairune, but the first one is small, comfy, cute, and had chill music. It looks like a really nice GameBoy Color game.

>if you like fighting games that revolve around player skill instead of inputting 2 to 20 button combinations for one single attack like other fighting games

you sneaky little shit

I made the disgraceful mistake of thinking the SNES Mini had built in Bluetooth. Unfortunately I tossed the boxes housing my Yok wireless controllers, with the bluetooth receivers inside. I'm either out $40, or does anyone know if the 8bitdo NES bluetooth receivers might actually work? It really depends on whether these are just generally for bluetooth or if they have specific firmware. As far as I can tell Yok doesn't have a website and probably no form of support.

Memorization of 1 million inputs across 30 characters is not good game design.

Jeez.

Did you buy her game yet Gorposter?

Heck no, I'm waiting for Mario Odyssey and the new Kunio. Also my Koopa and Goomba Amiibo have been shipped.

really weird after taking the summer off of playing with my switch coming back and feeling like there's too much variety

>working to get all mirror courses 3-starred on MK8
>almost done with first shovel knight campaign
>playing picross when i get bored of those
>wanna check out golf story
>wanna check out disgaea 5
>wanna check out stardew valley
>wanna check out axiom verge
>wanna check out mario rabbids
>wanna grab splatoon 2 for multiplayer fun
>have SMO pre-ordered

what do i do, /nintyg/? pick up mario and rabbids and dive into the single-player experience for the next few weekends? work through indies backlog and spend about the same amount of money but knock out tons of different kinds of games? grab splatoon 2 for multiplayer fun? there's too much going on and i know once mario comes out, i won't really play anything else until i 100% and by the time i do that, i'll have XBC2 to play for the next like several months

One game at a time.

Fuck, those are out? I need to get to a shop.

Then again, it isn't like they'll sell out.

I thought they were coming out for Mario Odyssey but I guess they're actually for Mario & Luigi remake.

I thought they were for the new Mario Party. We're all retarded, apparently.

wtf

six more hours til stardew

I thought it came out on Friday

eshop updates thursdays at noon
where have you been for the last 7 years

>where have you been for the last 7 years
in the sony ecosystem

Buying games after work hours.

Why no wug?

>implying thursdays at noon is a time
it's 6am Eastern US Time, which is the *correct* time

>it's 6am Eastern US Time, which is the *correct* time
It's fucking 12pm EST idiot

Get your facts straight.

I am?
It's noon EST
12PM EST.

This is the correct time.
Any further discussion on this is straight up shitposting.

You've only reiterated your point and declared it to be correct without further proof. I will not drop this until you prove yourself right.

I don't have to defend my point, you're the one challenging my point.

But here you go mate, try googling it.

also the fact that they go up at noon in any region. it's currently 6:30am in the UK and Stardew ain't up yet there nigger.

nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Stardew-Valley-1287587.html
>This game is not available to purchase in Nintendo eShop yet.

nice shitposting to bump the thread though

Like nintendo would care about yurop. They brexited.

Because they are evil.

Also the eShop opens at 9am Pacific Time where Nintendo of America is headquartered.

But sometimes some games are released at midnight.

Also Japan updates whenever the fuck they want.

47th and 9th file for Communism.

Are you guys ready for the Switch's next killer app?

Are you waiting for anything nintendo? Just switch to somwthinf with a shield k1, it beats the switch performance wise and is ancient. And you can still play all ROMs, which are the only games on the switch.

stuff.tv/features/nintendo-switch-vs-nvidia-shield-k1-weigh-in

>tfw playing brawl with my snes classic controller

>tfw realise brawl requires 2 analog sticks to work

It doesn't play Mario Odyssey.

I was about to say. I have an arcade stick that I wish worked with Smash but only the wii remote recognizes dpad inputs.

>I thought shantae was a meme.
nope. the game is totally not held up entirely by the thicc protagonist's juicy thighs.

youtu.be/wAPpVplHiDE
Who SNES mini here?

Who Bump Mini?

Also
>friend got SNES mini
>plays like 1 minute of a few games
>turns it off

Are botw and pokken a good way to start off my switch library? I plan on buying one tomorrow

Yes

If you like Zelda and of you like good fighting games. None of that 3D Street Fighter crap.

Also, it turns out the 8 way movement in Overcooked is a bug on the Switch version. Now if only they would remove 8 way movement in Bomberman R. Also I should be a video game journalist for getting this exclusive scoop for /nintyg/.

Pokken is shit

fuck off

Should I buy Stardew Valley or just continue playing Destiny 2?

>playing shitstiny 2
buy stardew valley son

I like that Metal Slug X is the next Neo Geo game making Metal Slug 2 utterly redundant,.

Wish they'd license Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move though.

I kind of did this (except 20 mins of Star Fox) but have ended up chilling FIFA and Picross most of the week.

In my defence, I have Metroid Samus Returns on the go still and kind of want my first serious play to be Super Metroid.
Kamiko isn't like Ys with what you were saying with running into enemies wtf . It's just a more hack and slash action-oriented Zelda I but really short, fun but not exactly groundbreaking.

Chess Ultra's coming out in November from what I thought I read. Though one of these days I am going to get into Shogi.

the*

>I like that Metal Slug X is the next Neo Geo game making Metal Slug 2 utterly redundant,.
>tfw bought MS2
>want MSX
Why do they hate me?

Are we cursed to have bad game recommendations on Nintendo home hardware?

bump

Mario rabbids is pretty short if you don't count the upcoming DLCs. You can focus on finishing that first.
I'm not into indies.
Splatoon 2 starts to slow down after level 30. If you get your salmon run superbonuses every shift, you'll have your gears in no time. I only play for splatfest these days.
Currently sitting waiting for Mario Odyssey, XC2, and BotW 2nd expansion.

hi

die pls thx

Golf Story is pretty fun so far, but I wish they didn't do this whole fake pixels thing. I'm mainly enjoying the actual golf and less the story and wandering segments.

hey guys the thread

Mario Odyssey is top tier garbage

Should I buy the Superstar remake or just get the amiibos?

I still have my GBA copy.

Why do you want shitty figurines that collect dust? Do you think girls will be impressed by your nintendo collection?

Superstar Saga has amiibos?

This stardew valley thing worth a squirt then or what?

Not everything is about impressing girls. Not that a 16 year old would understand that. If you live your life being held back from doing something you like by a vagina then you're the real vagina.

So you enjoy putting figurines out that do nothing but collect dust? Every week you need to lift these stupid fucking plastic dolls up that aren't rare or collectable just to dust around them for no enjoyment at all. They aren't even nicely made, just cheap plastic rubber shit.

Cool then. Have fun.

theres nothing as exhilarating like collecting barbie dolls. amirite?

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

Help me choose mates;
>Axiom Verge
>Stardew Valley
>???

or
>Nothing

Koopa Troopa and a Goomba.

As for why I want them, it is because I seem to genuinely be happy when seeing them.

I'm buying both too, to be honest. Axiom I never finished on PC and Stardew everyone loves.

If your treasure is a $5 item that garbage cans are made out of, you need a reality check.

Hey they are not floating

The grass just masks it

You know a sign of autism is taking things too literally.

And you know that amiibos are not collectable, cool, unique, or even nice to look at - right?

There are companies that take care and make nice statues, but you dont have the money for them so you buy cheap mass produced crap.

It is really more of an issue of space with the bigger statues.

why should i buy stardew on switch if i already have it on my laptop?

You shouldn't?

I however should as I do not already own the game on some other platform.

What about these? They are about the same size and just as cool.

I misspelled the easter egg in the OP, but I'm glad only one person has noticed so far.

Is Stawdew Valley better or worse than Harvest Moon? I've played a ton of Harvest Moon, and from what I've seen of Stardew Valley it looks like the exact same thing with less charm.

most indie games do this now
even stardew uses rixels and non-pixels

Kill yourself, you utter faggot.

Is there a way to force a 3DS out of sleep mode? I upgraded to a 2DS XL recently and sometimes it just doesn't come out of sleep mode. Like right now. I don't want to shut it off and lose that progress if I don't have to,

Fairune is like Ys.**

This is why I didn't buy MS2.

No :(

So is this just a known issue or is mine defective? It\s kind of a pain.