Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ
upd: Extracted Soundtrack added

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqHE9EeMKwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that Sebille is best girl and killing her makes you the ultimate cuck.

Was skimming through it for no real reason.

Everyone did everything wrong. Down with divinity!

Brainlet here, what do I do with the blazing statues on Bloodmoon isle? And where to I use the silver levers I crafted?

>ultimate cuckold
Isn't that the main point of Red Prince's Romance?

>playing as anything other than a warrior
nice balance

>in arx
>dip a few points into pyro
>now i need a pyro skill vendor to buy some skills from
>succubus girl bugged out and never got onto the ship
>go to the only other source of pyro skill books
>dead
>the fucker's dead
>why is this fucker dead
>spend minutes reload a bunch of saves to figure out what went wrong, and when
>pinpoint it to several fucking hours ago
>he's alive just before we went into adramalihk's pocket dimension
>dead after that
>realization dawns onto me - one of the candles was his
>of all the fucking people in that godforsaken city

You need a scholar in your party to do anything with those statues. The levers are used if you can use the statues.

So people are saying the writing and quest get weaker in the second.
I dont care that much about that.

What I want to know is, does the dungeon crawling/exploration remain? I'm kind of hoping that there will eventually be a fuck-long labyrinth

You need a special book that can only be read by Scholars. It opens 3 hatches where you can use the levers.

BEHEAD ALL LIZARDS
VIGILO CONFIDO
VIGILO CONFIDO

>cowers like a scared little kitten going "p-please don't hurt me, m-maybe we could be friends, and later you could crush my tiny balls?"
>calls other people a cuck
good post

THIS WORLD IS OURS

>tfw the ending shows that Lucian was right to genocide elves and go on a killing spree for the greater good

Very brave move by Larian.

Since you're a brainlet I'm just going to tell you now that you need to use living on the edge on the possessed dwarf and make your life easier.

>does the dungeon crawling/exploration remain
Arx is pretty much a puzzle fest where you need to go to hidden areas in order to proceed.

And where exactly is this book?

do mercs get tags?

If you actually read my post you'd know that sentence is referring to the mother tree and not Sebille you fucking autist. You guys are obsessed with her jesus christ.

There are like 4 different copies. I remember one in the archives and another in Mordus' place.

See, this is why the non-specific dialogue that lets you decide what your character says is great. In my head Ifan calmly rationalized with Sebille that he didn't scar her up and enslave her so she had no reason to kill him, while you project your own insecurities onto the situation.

>this person seems crazy, both of my interactions with her so far feature her talking about killing people, and now she's threatening me when I just said hello, I should defend myself
>no you're dumb user, her character is explained later
Disconnect your knowledge as the player who has read the story or played before, from the knowledge and impression your character would have in this situation.

The irony is that I'm all for a scary dom chick, but I still say my initial interactions with her would lead me to tell her to fuck off, or one/both of us dying.

>Willing to commit genocide for the greater good
>Not willing to kill the demon baby Damian
?

What did Larian mean by this?

It's cool guys he was just trying to stop the Voidwoken

Oh mate, please. Yes, there was some plot behind all that MT stuff, but it has the same duality as Red Prince's quest, for example.
And that thing is, there's Sebille, and Shadow Prince sees only one storyline. Mother Tree "dies" during Dallis's Armageddon, our chardeveloped Sebille becomes the new mom and after her death she will become a new Mother Tree. End of story, and you don't need to deathfog everything and go full Saheila. There's no POSSESSION, there's no illuminati. This is a simple fact.
Same shit in Red Prince's quest. SP states that his dragons will destroy the world, but he never, ever thought of possibility that chardeveloped RP actually will be a great dad and grow up fine, peaceful dragons.

Except there isn't a lot of choice about what happens in her dialogue, so you're admitting you've decided your make-believe version of how shit happened trumps what really happened. Fucking incredible.

>Horrorsleep
You fucking know what that is. MIRRORS

I still say that looks like a scrapped design for the end of Nameless Isle.
Also, Horrorsleep Malady is just her during Red Prince's quest.

The Red Prince is the one who cucks.

I swear to god absolutely none of you fuckheads complaining about bugs have ever been around for a big RPG release. You think OS2's bugs are bad? Try Ultima IX or NWN2 on release. NWN2 had a habit of resetting Crossroads Keep for no fucking reason whatsoever, which would force you to reload until a point where the bug didn't trigger. Ultima IX is still borderline unplayable to this day.

You're projecting even harder now.

>Type Divinity original sin 2 speedrun in youtube
>48:25

>Disconnect your knowledge as the player who has read the story or played before, from the knowledge and impression your character would have in this situation.

Agreed. She gives a bad impression and it's a little odd that there's no FIN check etc. to stop her jumping you when you approach her (even an unreasonably high one you could never pass would have been better) but the point is so many anons get far too caught up in the "I'll never experience her character because it's outside the zone of my RP" and lock themselves out of experiencing the content on principle alone.

Is it really too much to ask to assume that she catches your character off guard once and you decide to keep her around because she's obviously got skill - even if she's a little unstable? I don't think it is, especially given the fact that a lot happens without player interaction / control and we're just expected to roll with it. Anons just have a particular sore spot when it comes to Sebille and seem to obsess over not taking her as a companion which is a shame because it doesn't take long at all for her character to start to mellow out and hers is by far the best way to get insight into the elven lore present in DOS2.

>literally says Horrorsleep in the filename
>some faggot digging into files when he still hasn't even completed the game
what did YOU mean by this?

>implying that's not slane's baby

There's a 35 minute one out there, stop watching slowfags.

is a fighter/knight necessary if the rest of the group is fully ranged? or can i use a rogue instead

>Except there isn't a lot of choice about what happens in her dialogue, so you're admitting you've decided your make-believe version of how shit happened trumps what really happened
Not that user, but the same happened when I played as RP, you unironically can calmly tell (persuade) her that she has no reason to kill you. Can even go and screenshot that for you.

>and you decide to keep her around because she's obviously got skill
This is literally one of the dialogue options.

ye my bad

Except I'm not. Dialogue choices are either you telling her to fuck off with the threatening shit or being a little fucking faggot and begging her to spare your life.
new one is like 30-something, get with the times

Normally I don't complain about speedrunning, but speedrunning this game seems like such a soulless endeavor.

>being a little fucking faggot and begging her to spare your life.
This is still you projecting your problems with women onto a very neutral dialogue choice.

Why do you think speedrunners are all autistic? Literally soulless people like speedrunning.

No because there's no tanks in this game. Enemies can and will run after or teleport to who ever they wish.

Does this guy actually have a proper quest, or do you really just get a journal update to say that you found a sleeping man in the inn?

>calls other people out for projecting
>projects in the same fucking sentence
you can't make this shit up

WOW RUDE

OEN THE CHEST

>being a little fucking faggot and begging her to spare your life.
>ne actually believes it
Have you tried to read the text, no?

I think speedrunning more gamey games is pretty neat to watch (I wouldn't try to do it) but speedrunning an rpg is just weird. Like, ok, good job, did they have fun while we were all actually playing the game? Maybe they did. Oh well.

The Shadow Prince is clearly over-zealous and I don't base my comments on him just "telling us" everything is going to be fucked up by Dragons of the Elves etc.

We're given clear and explicit explanations that yes - the memories / "will" of the previous mother tree have an effect on those who come after and that yes, all elves are bound to the tree in some form. We even get the dialogue in regards to Tir-Cendelius which heavily implies that he created the mother tree system because it was the best way to ensure his very long-living survivors would keep worshiping him and remain his avenue of Source since it would otherwise be difficult to keep elves devout since they have such a long life-span.

I'm not siding with Saheela in the slightest - it's clear she's a "race war now" maniac, but when you take the "freedom" arc to Sebille's story line you see exactly how fucked up the Mother Tree can be and how she really just wants power even at the expense of others.

>Can avoid pointless blood shed
>"Fucking cuck!"
Jesus, you have to be fucking retarded.
>inb4 samefag
Stay delusional.

>needing more reasons other than "she's an elf"
>unironically trying to reason with elffags

DON O'EN IT!

O'EN THE CHEST
Really, just interact with it.

If you actually open the chest before talking to him (like I did) the quest bugs itself and you can't complete it.

The letter in sallow man's office suggests that the shadow price is just a son of a bitch.

>projecting your problems with women
only elf fags can be THIS retarded and THIS lacking of self awareness

>literally been sitting here trying to figure out what my party composition should be for two days
>every single time I think I made up my mind I change it again
Not even using literally figuratively. I have had absolutely nothing on my plate for two days other than this game and I've barely entered the fort. fucking hate myself. Fuck me. WHy do I fucking do this

I've got the game paused and I'm trying to come to a decision. I'm playing a nice person so far, helping everyone and saving everyone, and I was planning on helping her, but her first impression was just so outlandishly negative and she seemed so insane and needlessly violent that I had to come to ask. It's not some theoretical principle that people are being silly about, it's literally a person who seems to be completely insane and loose with lives and quick to threaten and all that. I think I'm roleplaying well when I say I have to fight her.

But I haven't decided yet, and I'm sure she has a story. So I think as a nice person who wants to help everyone, I'll talk her down and hear her out and try to be her friend.

Thank you for your advice.

Why do so many autists like you exist
How do you make life changing decisions
Can you survive on your own

>I'm playing a nice person so far, helping everyone and saving everyone
you'll have fun in act 2
t. had to start over because i was playing with a "muh lawful good" friend who sperged out about the main questline

Oh no, that won't do. That won't do at all.

Dallis was good too, also she becomes a nice lady in the ending slide.

So the Sebille haters are /divg/'s equivalent of NV shitposters in the Fallout general, huh?

Hahahaha you're gonna love this game

You've picked the wrong universe to do that, buddy.

what does an elf taste like?

Playing around at the beginning of the game to get the hang of it, I'm an autismo so I play either with nobody else in the party or my fellow skelebro flan or whatever his name is (poison heals OP btw). Now that I've got a decent idea how the game works I think I'll start "for real". Which of these seem to be the best to go with?

Regardless of which I go for, the first two abilities or whatever they're called are going to be
>Geodude and Watery Bullshit magics
>Be the tankiest nigger in the universe via magic
Then spec into either
>Summoning, mainly because having extra bodies seems important if I don't have a bunch of homies around
>Necromancy, since it seems to deal physical damage with INT
>Air, because Teleport is an air ability and eventually I'm going to have to get rid of these excellent gloves

Also also- do you think I should make skelebro into a skill monkey since I'm going to be putting all my points into becoming the meat wall of niggatude?

>right here is when I decided to start new
>Decide to teleport the chest away to where I am to see what happens
>mfw shit starts exploding forever
Ice armor has saved my ass more times than I'd ever have expected first starting out.

I didn't have any other option but to use the villain tag and smother him with his pillow.

oh and I'm also sorry for apparently bringing up a hot topic. People are calling each other cucks and just saying that the other is projecting over and over now and shitting up the thread because of my questions.

This is legitimately my first playthrough and I found myself wanting to kill one of the characters intended to be a companion which is odd so I had to ask.

kek, whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it. I'll help as many as I can!

cait best waifu

>the memories / "will" of the previous mother tree have an effect on those who come after
Citation needed. I'll give you the real citation, that Sebille says to you - picrelated. And also Rooted that gives +3 Memory See? Nothing about transferring will or possession. And yes, I saw the alter-route of that quest, and heard the Mother Tree, and studied and thought about that choice a lot - in the end, I think that for Sebille personally it's best to become a Mom rather that killing a mother tree. Because I prefer to believe Sebille rather than two crazy fucks.

Stop overthinking. Your first playthrough doesn't have to be some ideal perfect playthrough. You're the reason god invented marijuana.

Are people forgetting the Fort Joy concentration camp and the lobotomizing of people into mindless husks?

Maybe just go cookie cutter or something for first playthrough, then you can think of fun builds for a future playthrough.

I'm doing human 2H warfare + poly (for mobility) on my created character and Fane is summoner + 1 point in other spell masteries for utility (high memory, low int). He even has shield throw to help strip physical armor.
Friend is using an elf archer and lizard wizard red prince with fire/geo who helps out with armor restoration.

It's totally not optimal but it's going fine. Some of the early game items that let you use spells (like restoration on a ring and teleport on gloves) are super convenient and allow for some more versatility regardless of how you build your characters.

Ask an elf, they'll eat anyone

This is a pretty good way to approach her character honestly - it won't take long for you to start getting the dialogue interactions which line up almost exactly with this. She eventually mellows out but even early-game there's dialogues where you can tell her you're not sure her way of doing things but you can appreciate that she's out for revenge and she feels this is "how she has to be" etc.

By about mid Act 2 everything starts to fall into place as you realize why she acts the way she does and how her entire arc is about doing abhorrent things to right the past and get some control / freedom back into her life. Hers is the "throw off the shackles / decide my own fate" trope and both main choices in her story reflect this.

Yeah it's clear the Shadow Prince is just an asshole - that's why I wanted to make it clear that the Mother Tree (or 'Big Mother' as I like to call her) is pretty soft-handed tyrannical in regards to the elven people and the elven peoples link to her in the first place is probably just a way for Tir-Cendelius to feed on them easier like the spiritual vampire he is.

What level are you supposed to tackle the great guardian at? he's pretty damn difficult at level 18

Elven efficiency.

Why does fane keep saying "Gods!" when he actually hates them

It's like when an atheist shouts god damn it after he stubs his toe. Don't read into it.

By Lucian's beard, it's a force of habit, come on.

Because he was a last minute addition and Chris Avellone may be the single most overrated person in the video game industry.

Why do atheists say "Jesus Christ"?

it's almost sad how easy it is to be divine divinity as a warrior. get lucky and find any weapon with ice and you can use it for the rest of the god damn fucking game.

also p.s., if you're not having fun with original sin 2, just make everyone a summoner and/or get a polymorph fighter.

my current party:
one dedicated summoner + aero
polymorph fighter
necro summoner fighter (2 pts for bone widow and pump summoner)
ranger

i'm having a blast a little ways into part 2

>edgy as fuck loner sitting in the corner on the boat
>edgy as fuck *teleports behind you* nothing personnel but no witnesses kid in fort joy
>thanks to the magic of inconsistent writing she's spouting "*holds up spork* you hve to water me ok?? xdd" kiddie-tier one-liners as early as act 3
>sebillefags call this character development
jesus fucking christ every fucking post you faggots make only make you look worse

Bloodmoon brainlet here again, where are the archives?

That's picked up from being surrounded by theists for years, while Fane was in isolation for millennia. It's shitty writing.

Spook vision and talk to ghosts, one of them will tell you where it is.

Why are you buying a game like this one to never figure out anything on your own

Experience of a lifetime?
DIsGUSTING is what it is!

Were the Eternals too smart to have gods?

Huh, that's true.

>>sebillefags call this character development
This was where i burst into laughter

I figured everything up until this point out on my own

>Ryker's house theme
Aww shit, it's good
youtube.com/watch?v=JqHE9EeMKwE

A NIGHT WITH A LIZZUHD

>Inconsistent writing
>"I literally just spammed 1 while talking to her because I hate her."
Yeah, all those conversations that you had didn't matter for shit. You insisting that killing people may not be the best option isn't real. Pay attention to what the characters are saying sometimes.

>tfw to imprisoned to become a deity