/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #208

>ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

2.4 is out and has already been ruined, RIP E:D it was a good run.
*Soon is a registered trademark of Frontier Developments. Soon does not imply any specific or general timeframe, nor does it imply any eventual

release at all. Frontier Development will not be held responsible for serious annoyance or death incurred while waiting for Soon(tm)* to become Now

(tm)*
Space legs never.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Ayy Lmao

3.0 didn't go this week either 3.0 never. Chris playing with fire like all retarded children do.

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to

upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you hate

money and love waiting, frustration, feelings of betrayal and high blood preassure.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

Old and Busted:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/688480/EVE_Valkyrie__Warzone/
youtube.com/watch?v=b2yBY1JOj44
youtube.com/watch?v=5S8ToMGmSP4
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Fungal_Life
kickstarter.com/profile/cig/backed
twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/915728360004866048
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fuck off goons and cultists
3.0 never lmao

Goons and cultists should be ejected from this thread.

Unless they play nms, we should all just get along and play nms together

this
Im bout to buy NOMANSSKY but im reading the reviews and not so sure.

Is it better when you play multiplayer with friends?

3.0 fucking when reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

is eve valkyrie any good?

if it was, people would be talking about it. I have literally never seen any discussion of it. is it even out?

I WILL UNIRONICALLY BLOW MY BRAINS OUT IF I DO NOT SEE 3.0 IN MY MOTHERFUCKING HANDS IN THE NEXT 62 HOURS!!!!11!1!11!!!

Didn't it launch as a VR only, PvP only game?

If so, no one knows if it was any good because there was no way to play it.

can I have your stuff?

Rip then because thats not gonna happen in any case.

store.steampowered.com/app/688480/EVE_Valkyrie__Warzone/

Fastest moneymaking on elite right now? I have a cutter to fit

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Sean Murray is fun

How did you grind empire rank?

Annual Tradeathon approaching, anyone have any suggestions for what if any swaps I should make? I have no remaining store credit and am unwilling to spend more money than I have already.

none
they killed everything

If you have the Redeemer to BMM $0 CCU from last year's anniversary sale I'd suggest upgrading one of your ships to the BMM so you're able to acquire one of the $350 ships in the upcoming sale.

Apparently $0 CCUs will be going away (and they're going to delete all the ones we have stockpiled) around 3.0's release but I'd wager there will be a big Citcon sale this year since it's "sponsored" by all the ship manufacturers. Even if not 3.0 probably won't be released to live before the anniversary sale, which those ships will surely be on sale for.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2yBY1JOj44

about as well received as dreadnaught

and by that i mean its barely been received at all and nobody even cares about eve's lore, they care about it's MMO

lemme git dat account doe

I really hope they don't go through with removing $0 CCUs. I have a BMM (my only ship) and I'm trying to figure out if I should swap it for a Carrack. That is, if they don't get rid of $0 CCUs first making it impossible to do so. But they will probably be removed before both ships are flyable in game, which sucks because I have to make my decision based on concept art and information that is sure to change.

Why even get rid of $0 CCUs in the first place? This game is still in development, so ships can change drastically. What if you bought the ship because you liked what it was at the time, but it gets reworked and your opinion of it changes? So you'll be forced to pay more money if you want to change it to something else, instead of just allowing you to swap between ships of the same price? Good goy CIG, if you want to be that way then make it so we're only able to "buy" $0 CCUs for the ships we own, and remove the ability to stockpile them so it is applied as soon as you "buy" it.

There is no multiplayer and you have no friends.

Would elite CQC be alive if they made it give engineering material lootboxes and MMR based credit payouts after each round?

It looks fun but I can never find a match.

THey siad they're not getting rid of the CCUs, they're giving the CCU tokens an expiration date, like they'll last two weeks from when you make em, so people cant horde literally thousands of CCUs to swap back and forth to whatever OP/whatever gains them money.

>guiz what if they made elite a Moba loot box game?
get out.
Powerplay is a shit idea, just let it die. Any time you have both an arena game and an open world game in the same program one of them is going to be shit because the different conditions make things powerful or worthless in one situation or the other. Impossible to balance well thus one of them is always fucking other. Just pretend it doesnt exist.

Tick, tock Croberts. Tick. Tock.

>Powerplay
Wasn't suggesting anything to do with that, I just think letting you gear your open world ship with credits and materials earned in CQC would make it easier to find matches. It wouldn't even effect CQC balance, because you'd be earning materials that you only use in open world.

Really the only reason to be against it is if you're a forum dad who hates the idea of people getting credits and fun at the same time.

First for Space Pumpkins!

youtube.com/watch?v=5S8ToMGmSP4

Another soul lost before CRoberts releases his game, how does he keep getting away with it?
Is part of the games funding dependant on fresh human souls? Is Sandi actually a banshee? How long after 3.0 will we get 4.0? How long after 4.0 will it be till we can start looking forward to a release date or will it become 5.0 after that?

I feel the void coming closer anons......its calling me.

3.0 release to Evocati after ATV

They just can't resist having a reveal for their huge nothingburger of a "transit experience". If it is confirmed ready for tomorrow, then they are holding it for hype now. Fuck CIG if true.

Evo-bullshit needs to be ended, peopel who cannot handle bugs in thier alpha needs to fuck off. Having 3 layers or release in an alpha is fucking absurd. The minute the delta patcher is running evo should go out the window.

Guys I'm gonna drop Elite if another money bug isn't found
I can't waste my time on a game with no fun and engaging gameplay

why did you buy it in the first place then

Is elite dangerous worth it playing solo?

This is the thing for me, everyons so fuckign obsesses with 3.0, which at this point is a skeleton of itself, that they seem to have forgotten about the whole fucking rest of the game thats queued up behind it. Their entire team has spent a A FUCKING YEAR working on one patch, which doesn't add all that much. How long till we see 4.0/Beta how long after that till actual release? They need to get past this absurd 3.0 fiasco ASAP. Like fuck trying to get it all shiny, no amount of polish will keep the shit film of this dragging wait and deception off of it. Just get it out and move on, there is still a shitload of work to be done, and this is bottlenecking all of it.

Once again fuck sandi for fucking with the release schedule/dev cycle to support hype events and putting out false, unrealistic projections to inflate sales numbers and fuck Chris for allowing her to do it and going along with it.

I backed the project because I had faith in his good intentions, whether he managed to do it or not I trusted that he would try to build the "Best Damned Space Sim Ever" and until he removes her from the position she is in that faith is destroyed. She is the marketing department/publisher pressure cancer that SC was not supposed to have, interfering with development in the name of hype and money. SC intrinsicly had shitloads of both, and they are destroying their credibility in pursuit of more.

It has some fun dogfights. Every other feature is half assed, and getting new ships is painfully grindy.

wait I thought Chris said that 3.0 would probably hopefully be out by Christmas last year, did a goon lie to me about that?

Reminder that all the AtV segments are already filmed and they will hold the video tomorrow to generate hype. If you think AtV is delayed because they are working on it, you are retarded.

If there is any justice in this cosmos ben and sandi will both die before this game launches.

They wanted an extra special XMas holiday so they needed more funding

When they put out their "schedule to 4.0" last year, I assumed we wouldn't get 4.0 by the end of this year, but at least those 3.X patches were promising most of what the game actually needed (i.e. game mechanics). I thought the game might be in a decent shape by the end of this year. Instead, we haven't even got the stripped down 3.0. I just don't get all this focus on planets when it seems they don't actually add much compared to things like mining, jump points, space stations, repair / insurance, refuelling etc. Atleast trade is coming with 3.0.

This is what annoys me the most. Missing deadlines by a month or two I can understand. Having to gut the patch and still missing by 6+ months is just them either lying to backers or themselves, I'm not sure which.

3.0 and the subsequent patches are mainly about getting the core functionalities and gameplay mechanics online. Once you have that, you just need to create content. It takes a while to get the ball rolling, but once it does development will get a lot quicker.

Even if that happened, the roles of their positions stay the same. They would be replaced.

I can't make any excuses for their propensity for delays and how off Chris' estimations are. I'm patient and I'll continue to not mind waiting because I see progress being made, but it's still pretty distasteful.

At this point, it's like a teenage girl telling her parents she'll be ready in five minutes. No one believes that crap.

Finally, we have learned the true motives behind this scam.

implying that we haven't been hearing that shit since 2.0.

Is all core game functionality released and playable yet? Doesn't matter what we've been hearing, this won't be proven true or false until around the release of 4.0 when mostly everything except for content is in, or if the game definitively crashes and burns.

> Once you have that, you just need to create content

Seen Elite? Content is the hardest thing to implement for space games apparently and there's always more core gameplay to add.

I've fully outfitted my AspX for exploration. What do I do now? It seems so pointless to explore.

Waiting for Fdev to break more things so we can exploit them for cash

Buy another AspX for combat and then come here and ask us what you are doing with your life. Or go fungus hunting
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Fungal_Life
you could just watch that instead of going there yourself though

AspX isn't a combat ship for the price. I'd get a Vulture instead. Then complain about the jump range because it's such a huge step down once you've flown an AspX.

I'm somehow managing a 32ish ly jump range with my Ass Explorer. I hear that it's possible to make it to 50. Is engineering really that impactful?
Fungus hunting?

Was more a jab about why he was buying a ship and outfitting it for exploring when he has no interest in it. AspX is still a competent fighter on its own though with its oversized shields and ridiculous hull strength capabilities, a flying cannonball.
Going to those sites and looking around basically, there's a few unique things in the galaxy, but if you wait around I'm going to upload most of the more interesting ones to youtube anyway on that channel and a lot of them will eventually be posted here anyway in the next few threads.

how does it feel to play video games for virtual, meaningless rewards?

I've just been exploring a lot recently and reached a point where I realized that my short term goal of optimizing the Asp was achieved. Now I don't have anything to work towards.

I've got an AspX that does 56 so yes. Lighter sensors, life support, heat sink, cooler running thrusters and powerplant. Engineering can give you +50-55% performance boost if you work on it enough. It won't change a ship's fundamental nature but it will improve on it.

Anaconda is much better for long range journeys considering it can jump further and carry more utility

Time to start work on one :)

Because there are real and meaningful rewards that come from playing video games.

Exactly.

Diamondback Explorer has better jump range now, and enough internals for an exploration build. I'd argue that it's turn rate also makes it better as an explorer because changing the ship's direction becomes less of a chore than in an anaconda. Don't even need to bring heatsinks in a DBX too since they run so cool.

Achievements?

why do you need money in game?

I fly an AspX without heatsink, you dont need them unless you're using shield cells or using guns near stars anyway. That extra internal slot is handy too.

Conda is the king for jumprange anyway even if DBX can outjump the ASP by a whole 3Ly, after 40ly you don't really care/notice the difference anyway.

I'm using a 51ly ASP currently which I can strip back to around 55/56 but its more fun to have decent internals than worry about maximising my range when exploring isnt about going as far out as possible, its about finding as much cool/unique stuff as you can which you could technically do in any thing with a fuel scoop and hangar bay. You get way more unclaimed unexplored systems flying econ mode you know?

Which reminds me, how long do you go before looping back to sell your findings? I can't last much more than an hour or so.

Depends what I'm doing, I usually don't go exploring but right now I'm hitting all the unique mega ships in the game and the fungus. So I just turn in whenever I get back near a station in the bubble, I'm well past the point of needing to worry about credits at this point and I'm nearly elite for exploration. Sometimes I'll hold off until I find a system in expansion for super reputation. Keep in mind you need to get like 5000Ly out for Palin to accept you into his school of advanced thruster engineering. If you're getting bored after an hour then maybe you should do something but since it doesn't get any better unless you have a goal or target.

Also I'm in open 90% of the time except when turning in data for claimed systems since although no one has given me grief yet I'd hate to lose my claim on some systems.

Data delivery missions back and forth between two imperial stations, one jump. Hip 8444 and hip 8578? Something like that but 8444 for sure and you'll see the missions going to other one. Don't use a large ship. I also did every donation mission I saw, credit ones that is. Went from 7th empire rank to 12th in two days. Missed Rhea by a few hours unfortunately.

buy cool shit
that should be obvious

It's mostly a bit of paranoia threat I'll end up interdicted and dead by some other players since I play on open. Like you I've been playing in open for most of the time.
I might just need to think over what id like to achieve. Maybe I'll try and find an undiscovered system out there and have something named after me.

It's really not that difficult to find them, once you get about 1.5-2.5k out of the bubble you'll start to see people getting lazy with their scans, then you just go a bit further out and start jumping in econ mode. I literally just found an entire system full of worthless planets unclaimed.

if you don't enjoy the game without exploits, you probably aren't going to enjoy it in a new ship

kickstarter.com/profile/cig/backed

Nice try goon. You just gave away the exact type of typical hipster faggot who looks up overpriced third world fair trade projects on kickstarter.

>>>$10

twitter.com/robertsspaceind/status/915728360004866048
>it's fucking nothing

Goon? I was being sarcastic.

Haven't played Elite Dangerous in like a year or 2, is there still comfy space exploring?

Yes, and it pays a bit more now too.

I really doubt there's many goons left on the internet, seems like a scapegoat for Scamcitizens to call to

is elite dangerous horizons worth it

Only if you want to land on planets, do planet-side missions (all are shit, deliveries are the only ones you'll do) or do PVP or engineering.

Engineers just increases the amount of fun you can have in your ship while at the same time making you angyry for grinding so much

stop advertising your gay steam group in the OP

Newfag to elite : dangerous, bought it yesterday.
What am I in for, and what do I do at first? Collected some bounties and changed ship, what now ?

>collected bounties and changed ship
Just keep doing that and upgrade your ship modules infinitely until you kill yourself. The only other thing to do is "make your own fun" (play pretend in absence of actual content. No I'm not fucking kidding you) or join SIRA and fight for the freedom of space Ireland + xeno holocaust

Where? I haven't added one but I've just been using pieces of old OPs to make the thread for months. It's not my intention to promote any group shittery.

Oh you mean in the ED pastebin, thats not mine and I'm not gonna fuck with it.

Thanks I guess. A-at least this game has some content r-right?

I just like exploring space, desu

Feel like I'm a space cowboy wandering through the void of space

Check the sc pastebin too

I thought they settled for the 'we'll take 5 dollars for what used to be free CCUs'.

>Elite has a server update
>More issues introduced
Are they deliberately trying to kill the game or have they just hired a bunch of lazy pajeets to do all the coding for them?

no, the outcry against that was too huge, even leddit was a aflame with assmad over it.

They settled on eventually purging the system of held Free-CCUs and then adding a two weekish expiration time to all newly issued ones. I can't argue with that too much, Even I'm sitting on like 100 various CCU tokens.

They wanted to add a 5 dollar CCU tax but were shouted down.

So if I understand correctly, starting around the release of 3.0, every time a ships goes on sale there will still be $0 CCUs will be available for it?

I don't mind that they expire, you have two weeks to make up your mind and if you change your mind after two weeks you just have to wait for the next time that ship is on sale to buy another $0 CCU.

we don't even know if they'll allow CCUs on ships during the sale. They didn't for gamecom or the aus bullshit tax sale

they've been specifically not offering $0 ccus for new ships, and I'd expect that to continue.

wow I mangled that.

They've been specifically not allowing $0 CCUs on NEW ships during a concept sale.
They will still be offering $0 CCUs on existing ships during like the Citcon sale and whatnot, unless they change their minds again, which frankly would not surprise me, they've been going full jew lately.

However as thing sit now $0 ccus are on the table for everything except new concept sales.

>one of the $350 ships in the upcoming sale.
You mean the $450 ships... because I'd be astonished if they don't jew people again by raising all the prices just to stop that CCU.

granted, if they don't... I have to admit, it would be hard to resist buying a carrack even though I know that's way too much ship for one person, and will likely end up defenseless torpedo fodder despite the ship supposedly being a converted anvil corvette

meant to link back to I'm sleep deprived.

If that was pic related I'd get one, but I just dont like the rear half of the ship at all.

Also I might have to get an Orion now that the bridge is top and centered instead of offset down low. Assuming its still $325.