Touhou General /2hug/ #46

Lewd Edition

Previous OP: →

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.weebly.com/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/retro-era-pc-98.html

>How to Touhou for baka-ass niggas
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd (embed) (embed)

>Touhou fangames (AWOL)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q (embed) (embed)

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Touhou is not a videogame but we don't want to return to /jp/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=09ngfE279uk&t=175s
area-zero.net/product/mba-n/magen/1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mikofag, are you really gonna do the programming? Have you learned something yet?

Amanojacute

>inb4 deleted

>(embed) (embed) (embed)
OP fell for it again

There never was any doubt.

More like Amanojacutest :3
FUCK
At least I did change the last bit.

Speaking of the OP, I just realized that the fangame pastebin is still there despite being deleted like a month or more ago

Whoever makes the OPs is unspeakably lazy, it seems. Gives Reimu a run for her money.

TRICKED

This thread seems in dire need of some myon

>Youmu

Ah, i see you are a man of culture as well.

Getting back to the westsokyo thing though, What would we actually call it? Westsokyo is a good placeholder, but bad as an actual name. Edens also a little too on the nose. Is there any western equivalent to gensokyo that you guys can think of?

>What would we actually call it?
Seihou

we'l think about that when we have a working game.
for now lets make the danmaku first.
u cheeki cunt

Oh we have a midly developed plot which is the easy part, now we need to make character designs, music, programming, write their dialogues, and design stages and spellcards on different difficulties.

Thats the opposite of touhou, user. And also already used.

No, i meant a name for the actual bubble dimension, not the series.

Well, i could see getting an engine working, but since most danmaku is thematic to the person using it, we'll need to figure out basic theming before actually getting to making actual danmaku

zun themes his to music.
what do we use?

Theming and timing are seperate things user. The music is also themed based on a concept.

Basically, what you want is to start with a concept, and then branch out from there. What is this thing, what are its characteristics, what kind of music would fit it, and what kind of patterns would it use. No matter what, it all stems from the core concept.

As an example, sekibanki's theme has an eerie tone too it, and her danmaku is based around dullahan, which are very odd and eerie creatures to deal with in and of themselves.

based around rokurokubi/nukekubi, rather. My bad.

just draw something and let's see if we can make it fly.

If we are doing the black god story then a mesa mountain initially oversaturated with orange color of the sand gradually getting grayer, like if a storm was coming would fit Stage 1 to 3 and for 4 and 6 a gloomy obscure setting which gets darker and spoopier with each passing stage.Something like Patchoulis library but in the wild for 4-5 and maybe something like Eirin for 6.

Well, before just drawing some shit, lets start by at least fielding some design idea's for the main 2 characters.

They are gonna be the faces of this shit, so we need a direction for them.

Someone tried describing a western equivalent to reimu/marisa last thread, but i'm not sure if their descriptions should be used for the main 2 characters. Good character idea's as they are, they are a bit too far in one direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=09ngfE279uk&t=175s

I'll make the logo!

Good night /2hug/ good luck on this
Even if we scrap the WReimu&WMarisa idea how about we keep the ide of a ranger and navajo qt designs for the MCs

Where can I find and download this album? area-zero.net/product/mba-n/magen/1.html

Usually good at this..

Well, before deciding that, what kinda era is this in? Depending on how far back it goes in its own pocket dimension, the idea of a park ranger might not even exist.

And just so we're clear, i'm not saying those idea's are outright unusable, regardless of the era. I'm just saying its that much more to explain.

I was thinking it should be in the recent era, maybe in 2003. Do you all also agree with that?

you tried doujin.co?

>ranger and navajo qt designs for the MCs
literally perfect. Don't forget the cowboy hat.

Navajo QT should throw tomahawks

Maybe let it be late colonial to early expansionist should fit the mysterious and spooky theme.
pls no nickleback in westokyo.

Regardless of whether we use her for an MC or not, i love this idea.

Whatever I search for I'm not seeing it

is that what they use?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to have it so soon. Early 2000's are the point where people stopped being paranoid about evil monsters and shit, and started being paranoid about literally everything, so it doesn't really work for a fantasy life support type thing.

Im pretty sure thats what they use, hte Ranger could use a magic sling shot. I think that could be cute

have you tried akihabara?

2000s is when people stopped being paranoid about fictional monsters and when they start getting paranoid of actual monsters

The navajo used a good range of weaponry, from bows and arrows, to spears, to tomahawks. Knives, axes, whatever.

They were pretty diverse. Having it be a B shot type could be cool.

you mean ____Humans?____

I dont think western cryptids feed with fear but if so it would be possible for westsokyo to have a way to feed them. Theres no real reason for westsokyo to care about the outside world but if you want to do it earlier then how about the 70s or 80s

If we're just going on regular lore, none of them did. The idea of youkai feeding off of fear rather than just harassing humans in general was pretty much introduced in touhou.

yes pic related was the catalyst for that

>cold war westsokyo
>all those insane cold war weapon prototypes drifting inside
user please, I can only get so erect.

I din't think ot ever really died here, considering the large interests in mythology, ayyliens and ghosts.
If anythink I think it should be a semi-open concept with a majority of inhabitants dating from the ancient to early victorian or whenever the most supernaturals popped up.

We could use that in a stalker/fallout mod

So how is /2hug/ doing in the main games?

>Steyr ACR
>G11
>Colt ACR
>Colt SCAMP
>China Lake
>Bitch gun FALs
>AR-18s
I think most of those already were in fallout and STALKER, but fuck it still makes me erect

well, japan also mostly forgot about youkais nowadays so my point still stands that setting shouldnt be assigned by their popularity in the outside world. If they are still feared out there theres no resson for westsokyo to exist... Unless some forgotten legends are already there and some cryptids still feared keep roaming around. That or after 2001 since they lost their infamy then they rush to reach or make gensokyo.

Not very good, though i've been lazy. more lazy then reimu.

SA is unreasonably hard

What would westsokyo even be called?

My point is more that the idea of a "Gensokyo" relies on the idea that youkai/cryptids/whatever rely on the reverence of humans to exist. Without that, there's no point to having a cryptid bubble dimension. They could just as easily be underground or something.

The closer we get to present day, the less humans respect or fear these creatures. It all becomes a joke at some point.

>Bitch gun FALs
You fokken wot m8?

how about we just use reverence?
and the fact that rule34 is too much of a threat to that.
still moving the early 00s wholesale in there would by your logic cause the extinction of almost the entire pocket dimension.

not to mention it still is somewhat viable to keep the barrier a little loose because of the sheer because of the sheer number of people and monsters in the west/NA.

Pretty much, yeah.

There's a reason a gensokyo that exists alongside our current time is stuck 400 years in the past culture wise.

so

More or less. There's a bit of leeway, but in general thats the idea we should be going for.

If we're gonna make something based off a specific idea, we need to at least follow its reasoning for it.

Bitch gun, used by Australian and ANZAC forces back in nam, it's a field modified L1A1, generally with some form of full auto, a chopped up barrel and whatever other modifications the soldier sees fit.

qt jackalope girl when

the second game or 3rd

O-oh.

I think westsokyo should have a playable male character

I the ranger is male, user.

ONLY LOLIS
yeah we should have males in the cast

how ironic that a mikofag is saying that.

Im not even a mikofag, but I like the idea. Feels unfair to have only one sex in a video game.

top 3 is still a top

Guess so. I just like cute boys along with cute girls.

have you ever wanted to be one?

Y-Yeah.....

I can do that for you.

Really?

I'll make you feel one.

>feel like
fuck mobiles

o-okay...

>miko fag is a raging homosexual
who fuckin knew?

everyone?

Rhetorical questions user.

When I'm done you're gonna be like a push-button dispenser.

Get the FUCK out.

I've been trying to 1cc my waifu game for a few days now. But she just keep tossing me like I'm her bitch with her final spellcard.

>no fun allowed
This is why primaries are shit.

>check /2hug/'s last thread and current thread
>Mikoposting everywhere
Wtf, this general is open to both humans and youkai, racist politicians get out

>smelly cultist mumblings

Imagine a world without Buddhists. There will be no war, no racial discrimination, no hunger and everyone will become friends.

what does koishi gain by fanning the flames?

It's Tojiko

well fuck.
I got all excited thinking we were going into some psyops shit.

Everything you said is a Buddhist goal, get your facts straight. Most notably, (Touhou) Taoists are racists.

Everything you said is a Buddhist crime, get your facts straight. Most notably, (Touhou) Buddhists are scum.

Egalitarianism according to Byakuren:
1) Use forbidden arts to prolong your life due to your own insecurities. Completely betray the ideals of your late brother, who had truly loved and cherished you.
2) Pose as a youkai exterminator. When humans trust you, aid the youkai instead and do nothing when harm comes to your employers.
3) Get sealed in a place where evil goes to when it's sealed.
4) Learn EVEN MORE forbidden arts.
5) Cause a major stir while your subordinates try to free you from literal Hell.
6) Land your flying ship on someone's grave.
7) Accuse the one interred in said grave of being evil once they come out and meet you.
8) Establish a temple that "invites both humans and youkai," but only care about the well-being of youkai.
9) Actively ignore your direct subordinates breaking your own rules and the tenets of your faith.
10) Gleefully engage in violence when an incident happens nearby.
11) Refuse a safe and peaceful resolution of the Occult Balls incident because you don't like the person who proposed it. Let the Balls continue causing trouble instead. Continue engaging in violence.
12) Shitpost on /2hug/ how great you are.

With these 12 easy steps, you, too, can become a traitorous Boddhist witch!

Byakuren wasnt all that bad.

God damn, user.

Would byakuren say the same about miko?
What say you, byakurat?