Star War General - /swg/ Fucking seriously? Am I the only one who's gonna make a thread? ...Edition

Is there a preload for the PC beta of Battlefront II or am I shit outta luck and going to have to spend the whole weekend downloading it only to have the beta end before I play?

I mean, my download only took 4 hours or so. Didn't stick around to check if it playable at any particular time before it was finished.

>see a tie fighter off to in the middle of nowhere space, firing a few shots at what looks to be nothing.
>swoop in for an easy AI kill
>it's a player
I have no idea what could've been running through his head at the time. The guy even did that "fly straight a few kilometers while I'm actively being shot down" thing the bots do.

>playing 2005 Battlefront 2 on steam
>textures glitching the fuck out
Anyone know how I can fix this?

Why this general so dead?

All starwars games are old now. Bf1 sucked, and BF2, while it actually looks pretty good, isn't out yet.

I really wish they would pick up the pace with some of these starwars games. I want a darkforces reboot so bad.

Disney is strangleholding all game development on any IPs they own.

Use the customer support trick to get a key to start downloading before the open beta starts tomorrow

Got 2000 cartel coins for being a good goy
what do?

The gunplay and gameplay is trash. Thank god I tried the beta so I don't waste money on yet another pile of dog turd EA pumps out,

I feel the same way. I don't understand how people can tolerate the gunplay of frostbyte games. It honestly feels like an engine that wasn't made with first person shooters in mind but I think that's the opposite of what happened

>Game actually plays worse than the original
>Looks worse than the original did at 900p on my old 750ti build, even with "4k" and HDR on the Pro
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the first game was actually better. Fucking hell. The aiming feels trashs, maybe it's better with kb+m I'll find out tomorrow. But it is the worst feeling console shooter bar Destiny.

am I the only one who even likes this game? feels pretty good

also whats the best site to buy it from, fuck giving money to EA

Buy it used

The game is out?

Any news on Vulkan support?

I am ok with not playing the first days of beta but how will I install it during open beta? Where will I see it?

Its free for all right?

You get it through Origin.

Yeah, I know.

I'm actually having fun but I can't get a single upgrade for heavy. Meanwhile I've gotten the same assault upgrade 5 times now.

Is there really no other method for improving a specific class other than praying the ENG favors you?

Damn, flying feels so smooth.

Cockpits have a good bit of detail to them too.

Emu has jedi now