Can Christianity and evolution ever be reconciled?

Can Christianity and evolution ever be reconciled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agnostic here.

The Holy Bible has been translated and interpreted differently so many times it's unbelievable in my opinion.

Can a Christian explain the Old vs New Testament to me? Do you believe in 2 different universes or what? How can you have 2 testaments? How come the Bible is always translated differently? How come your own pastors don't even know the Bible from heart in it's original Hebrew or Greek language?

It's a delusional mess.

At least Islam has scientific passages that were written before they were even scientifically discovered, like the reproductive system and stages of pregnancy. And they all follow 1 bible in 1 language, and don't rewrite and innovate the "word of God" every 50 years to fit in with the ever changing moralities of society.

When the whole bible is a metaphor you can reconcile it with anything, even atheism.

Islam also has it's own Evolution theory. Pretty much the same as Darwin's, except that it's God's will, not survival of the fittest. Even accurately estimates the age of humans to what we scientifically know.

As far as im aware catholics and orthodox have no problem with evolution. Its some protestant offshoot that has the problem with evolution. So the question doesent make much sense since most of christianity has no problem with evolution in the first place. Please rephrase the question to make more sense.

Only American Protestcucks have a beef with evolution.

It's a non-issue to other Christian denominations.

>islam is so scientific and logical even us agnostics have to admit it :^)
t. Mohamed Abdul al bin al Jafari

You deserve the death for mocking me

Seriously though. Why is Christianity such a joke compared to other religions? Even spiritual ones like Buddhism I'd convert to before muh Jesus Christ died for our sins meme

The one that's rewritten, because it shows it's being peer reviewed.

What if evolution is the how and not the why?

Can't people be scientific and religious?

t. Catholic physicist

The Quran says sperm originates in the rib (Quran 86:7), that the sun sets in a murky pool (Quran 18:86) and that ants have human intelligence (Quran 27:18).

>What if evolution is the how and not the why?
because the bible says god created the universe in 6 days

if god evolved the universe over billions of years then the bible would have said it

I never read the Bible
What now atheist?

Everything I don't like is allegory.

the murky pool thing may well be figurative language, but yeah, all quranic "science" was ripped off the greeks

youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA

>Can't people be scientific and religious?
I really don't see how they can. I mean, I know there are people that are like that, but I dunno how they justify it to themselves. Cognitive dissonance and all that.

86:7 doesn't refer to semen.

18:86 is a metaphor. When he looked at the western part of his empire, he watched the sun disappear as if in a vast muddy pool of murky water (the black sea). If it actually literally meant the sun sank into a murky pool, it would have said wa kana hunak taghrub al-shams indicating that was the place where the sun actually sank and disappeared.

27:18 says nothing about ants. What are you reading? The word al-Naml is used as a proper noun, not the indefinite naml meaning ant.

t.Muslimbrotherhood
Srsly give me one of those scientific verses cause last time I read it there was nothing but already known shit and retarded "guesses"

Imam Muslim narrated from Hudhayfa ibn Asad that the Prophet Muhammad said MHMD - upon him and his House blessings and peace:

After the sperm-and-ovum drop (nut.fa) has been [in the uterus] forty-two days, Allah sends it an angel that gives it form and fashions its hearing, sight, skin, flesh, and skeleton.

The time frame given cited above is in conformity with embryological observation. The embryo reaches the sixth week without showing the semblance of human form but by the seventh week of its life - about three centimeters in size and beginning to move - that semblance becomes visible in the formation of the essential organs including the sensory organs and grown bone tissue. The arms and legs have lengthened. The foot and hand areas are distinguishable and they have digits. The first recordable brain wave activity occurs.

This organogenesis peaks precisely at 42 days.

Historicly Science and Religion weren't seen as Conflicting
Its a mordern thing that arose from the "Critical theory"

I like to think of religion and science as 2 compare and contrast circles, and then atheism is in it's own circle far yonder.

The Quran just picked up on the "science" of the time. Lots of Greek stuff. Sure, it would've seem pretty sane and clever to people back then, but it doesn't hold up that well nowadays.

catholics, anglicans, orthodox, and some protestants have no problem with evolution and science.

anti science protestants are mostly an American phenomenon.

Show me where the Greeks said the fetus is formed in 40 days

What does 86:7 refer to

Known since Greeks tho

>the why
Spooky.

It does refer to semen and its not scientifically wrong.

Sperm is produced in the testes and is then transfered to the seminal vesicles awaiting ejaculation, this accounts for 5 % of the ejaculate, the rest of the ejaculate comes from the seminal vesicles (46-80%),with the prostate gland and the bulbourethral and urethral glands producing the rest of the ejaculate (2). At the time of ejaculation, all this (semen, which contains the sperm) is released
From the seminal vesicles which are in fact between the backbone (coccyx, lower back) and the ribs.

Some scholars do interpret as meaning the heart and not semen though.

>Implying the bible hasn't been rewritten countless times
>Implying that's not the whole point of scientific progress

>he probably uses the kjv
>complains about being rewritten

You're all retarded, who gives a shit about religion lmao.
t. deist