pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1553-Total-War-Warhammer-II-Modifications

History information:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog
Summary:
Saga title is a spiritual successor to Rome 2. Some are guessing the map will be Britannia.
Campaign pack coming up for a past history title, probably Rome 2.
Next big history game is a setting they've never done before. Will feature "important character relations that occur between the major personalities in the game."

Workshop for Warhammer 2 hasn't been enabled yet but will be. Manually installing mods still works.
Some nice little mods (better camera, resized lords, climate battles, thicker dust, bigger units):
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9AaipzJB6FeWk5KRy1UVXVpMTg

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109193594
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

RULE ULTHUAN
ULTHUAN RULES THE WAVES
youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ

Why are the Warhammer trailers so fucking trash compared to the Mark of Chaos trailer which is from a 10 year old low budget game

So what happen is Total Warhammer 1 and Total Warhammer 2 are installed on the same PC?

5th for mommy

mommy posters where we at

Yeah that wasn't the best phrasing, I meant defeat not kill.

you don't want to scare the kids away and their parents money

ELVES NEVER, NEVER NEVER SHALL BE SLAVES

Ha, okay. So do you get a special title?

Coffee Lake is out gentlemen

Too bad it has limited stock thanks to Intel rushing its release

1s CGI trailer was good, though not as good as Mark of Chaos CGI trailer with the Warrior Priest, which is literally the only reason anyone remembers that game.

The in engine trailers are mixed. The Empire, Orc, Bretonnian, Vampire and Dark Elf trailers were breddy gud, I thought. The rest were serviceable but nothing too memorable.

Because MoC was your first Warhammer pc game and you have a severe case of a baby duck syndrome?

>Navy
I can't even begin to count the Charlemagnes, I think we're going to need a whole new unit for this endeavor.

I never played MoC and I agree with him though.

We are approaching levels of autism that should not be possible.

S W O R D M A S T E R S

M8 I'm well over 30, it was not really my first warhammer pc game. The trailer is simply amazing and captures the feel of Warhammer like nobody else ever did. It also has Chosen mowing down the Empire soldiers like it's nobodys business unlike in TW.

Just got a one day ban after uploading a mod through the Mod manager.
Here's hoping it's about being early and not the mod itself....

I never played it either, I thought it ended up being cancelled after not hearing a thing about it but I still remember the trailer because it is genuinely great.

No, when you defeat LL's you sometimes/often get a special trait related to that. Beating queek gives you +6 vs infantry, for instance. beating Malekith gives you cause fear +6 vs large I think?

It's great for the first half but the end, with not even showing the fucking Priest/Bloodthirster fight, is lame.

>It also has Chosen mowing down the Empire soldiers like it's nobodys business unlike in TW.

Why is this so important? Muh lore?

Ancient Empires fucking W H E N

What unit could possibly be bigger than a Charlemagne?

A Caesar? A Shogun?

Holy cow, not bad. It's like a free skill.

I haven't gotten shit from killing Malekith.

Summer 2017! :^)

it basically is a free skill yes. I usually proc mine when doing quest battles since Malekith shows up for a lot of those

Is +6 vs infatry for all units in the lord's army?

I aint your "mate", buddy.

>with not even showing the fucking Priest/Bloodthirster fight, is lame.

It's simply not neccesary, unless you're a pleb with absolutely zero imagination. It sets a stage and hypes the shit out of you.

>Why is this so important? Muh lore?

cause it looks fucking stupid when the absolute giganigger elite fighters aren't able to decisively beat the shit out of lower class infantry.

>giganigger

>cause it looks fucking stupid when the absolute giganigger elite fighters aren't able to decisively beat the shit out of lower class infantry.
You mean like in MoC gameplay?

>it stays true to the setting
>extreme close ups of the heroes while armies do nothing
yeah. True to setting alright.

I'm not your "buddy" either, friend.

Cant wait till radious is out so this fucking game is balanced over these op high elf archers

Chaos Warriors beat Empire infantry pretty decisively in their trailer, and in-game.

No just the lord.

You can't honestly think MoC's trailer is better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=qjzLuddjIUI

I'm not your "friend", mate.

fugg. I forgot how good the trailer was. Discount galadriel ruins it pretty bad.

But Chaos Warriors/Chosen absolutely fucking mow down state troops in game. I once had a battle where I showed up with longswords and muskets and the lines shattered and they routed in fucking 5 minutes

Radious isn't going to balance those though. He is more likely to make even more OP high elf archers like "Phoenix Guard Archers" or something with 300 range

>People don't rush "Maritime Empire" tech to get a lot of trade right away as High Elves

Worth noting that Tyrion will beat Malekith and a quest battle and vice versa, so its a free way to get it.

>guy gets corrupted by chaos for reading a book that contained pictures of orks, dwarves, VC and humans

lmao git gud

>teclis campaign is going slowly
>turn 50 it spawns rogue army thats half of chaos chosen, three dark elf artillery, 4 dread knights and black dragon
How do I remove this when I cant even afford spamming white lions?

Yeah, I'm ignoring the ritual in my current game so running around the world hunting LL's gives me a long term goal.

ASKING AGAIN!
Heart of Avelorn is the added item Tyrion can get, but can I get the Moonstaff as Teclis?

>Rome 1
>8/10 vanilla, 10/10 with mods
>M2
>7/10 vanilla, 9/10 with mods
>Empire
>7/10 vanilla, 8/10 with mods
>Napoleon
>8/10 vanilla, 9/10 with mods
>Shogun 2
>9/10 vanilla, 10/10 with mods
>Attila
>8/10 vanilla, 9/10 with mods
>TWW1
>7/10 vanilla, 8/10 with mods
>TWW2
>playing TW games on release

R8 and H8 my opinions.

>wanna try the pirate version before purchase
>afraid of bitcoin miners
baka senpai

Stop!

Archers and Seaguard spam can remove anything.

Haven't seen it

What ritual?
Sorry, you forgot to mention who you were playing, and I forgot to say that I don't have Warhammer 2.

I'm not even sure the staff is real, I haven't seen any screenshots of it.

Most people don't realize it's there because of the way the helf tech tree is layed out and you need a tier 4 settlement to gain access to it through the Elven Court building

It's pretty boring, does a laughably short intro of each race and then stops by having the sorcerer putting his staff down all angry and go up in smoke. Woah, this atmosphere.

who here is hoping that the surprise is a mists of albion campaign

> I don't have Warhammer 2
Then leave this thread. Your kind isnt welcome here.

>Tomb Kings still not announced.

In a setting with over a dozen factions and endless MUH POWERLEVELS dick wagging, Chosen are supposed to be just about the top of the lot when it comes to infantry. Seeing them lose to landsknechts just takes me out of the setting.

Swordmasters got it right- they can wipe out hundreds of standard troops if they engage them in a straight melee, which is what you'd expect. Super-elite infantry is for shooting with gunpowder.

Attila gains no added quality whatsoever from it's mods, and it's never going to be better than 7/10 because of poor optimization and extremely lacklustre rosters. Also

>Empire 7/10 vanilla

???

Yeah all these Lizards and Skaven can't wait to trade with me. Nvm that you should have had a lord out there grabbing treasure anyways so you already know the important factions anyways.

Just wait, my man. Playing games on launch these days is stupid, you're 99% more likely to have a better experience a year or so later, with all the patching done, DLC and updates applied and mods ready to go. And it'll be cheaper too.

Buy steam version and return it if you dont like it?

The ritual is an underpinning narrative/questline in TW:W2 meant to push the player into increasing conflicts with the AI. It's decent but it's not really well done, currently it's the only campaign mode though with a standard "conquer everything" open map to be added at a later date

oh fuck off, it's a trailer to introduce the factions and the atmosphere, with the allusion to chaos at the end
MoC is just a generic cgi fight in the woods with nothing else

Good thing that the AI is growth cheating so capturing a tier 4 settlement is no problem

The lizardmen can trade with you just fine in the early-mid game. Even the undead trades with you.

That's kinda neat. I saw shades of this in Shogun 2, where there are mechanisms to encourage you to not fuck around Kyoto for too long.

Probably you alone. It will be army painter for MP.

Could be related to steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109193594
>Is 15 Traits the Limit for Traits
no, but it seems to be the limit for getting LL traits. In one of my vanilla campaigns my Wulfrik had 19 Traits of which only 1 was from defeating an LL and another one was his starting Trait

undead leviathan

>for MP
>CA putting in work for a MP-only feature
Not in a million years.

>???

People look favourably upon it because the 18th century is starved for decent games.

Can't wait to shred it with canister shot.

there is no atmosphere though? in the moc trailer you have this lost group of soldiers in a war-torn, burned down land in bumfuck nowhere but still they do their job, they have courage, faith and not enough gunpowder.
there is a certain hopelessness to it all but in the end your elf friend comes to the resuce, gives the priest another shot to come back WITH UNDYING FAITH IN SIGMAR to beat the shit out of the demon.

in the tw trailer you have a wide shot of orcs going unga bunga and manlet screeching at the camera. it's absolute horseshit by comparison.

That's just a green hydra

scales don't break my man.

>there is no atmosphere though? in the moc trailer you have this lost group of soldiers in a war-torn, burned down land in bumfuck nowhere but still they do their job, they have courage, faith and not enough gunpowder.
>there is a certain hopelessness to it all but in the end your elf friend comes to the resuce, gives the priest another shot to come back WITH UNDYING FAITH IN SIGMAR to beat the shit out of the demon.

Fucking hell you sound like some cringeworthy HFY poster. I agree that the MoC is better but jesus christ.

you do realize we are all on twg right?

probably because the game is a wargame and instead of blowing it's budget on a CGI vid of 3 minutes CA made a good game?
>the trailer lacks atmosphere.
Yeah, the guy reading in a crumbling library and slowly going insane - a direct comparison ot the med 2 cinematic - doesn't have atmosphere.

The entire build up to the show of sarthorael is pure kino.

>HFY
A what now?

>cringeworthy HFY poster
what's that?

>tfw patiently waiting to butcher Anglos

who gives a fuck about the intro movie, I want to know why most of the cinematics are still frame art BUT THE FUCKING DARK ELF INTRO IS MADE VIA 3D POSED MODELS?

HFY = Humanity, Fuck Yeah.
It means that he believes humans to be Mary-Sue.

Avatar Conquest is their secret trap card to make you buy Warhammer 3 even though it has literally (Who) for factions

>remnants of several Empire companies valiantly hold off the Vermintide as the General gathers the rest of his forces on a hill for a last stand

HFY is a think that come's up on Veeky Forums a lot. It stands for Humanity Fuck Yeah, a style of fiction where the inherent special nature or quality of the human race get's played up. Anything where humans are inherently special or unique is HFY

Who gives a shit though? MoC is a piece of shit

just about to start my Krok-gar campaign, any tips?

How do I git gud with Dark Elves? Executioners suck ass

So in other words, it's just a lame way to try to change the topic because the other guy says something that hurts your feelings.

>Avatar Conquest

People give a shit about this? Gonna have to come up with something better than that.

Nappy or Empire? Wich one and why? And yeah, I already played FotS.

The work is already done though, you can see it by playing SP.

The post that brought it up was agreeing about the trailer, though.

Humanity Fuck Yeah is a Veeky Forums thing where a bunch of people circlejerk to the idea of humanity being this super badass species compared to aliens and fantasy species because we have wars and breathe oxygen and weird stuff like that.

Yes, welcome to Veeky Forums