Institute powered hazmat suit edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Post-War thread: Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21297/?
youtube.com/watch?v=YjVU91QEifk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for FUCK 3 and 4, New Vegas is the only good modern Fallout.

>bugs
>glitches
>memebryo
try again

Every 3d fallout has those problems.

This is the first time I got the Gun Runners for the Adytum quest. I didn't expect the Deathclaws to be this easy even at level 10. All I nedd to do is tank in mu power armor and stimpak when needed while Tycho and Katja rip then apart. Much fewer than I expected too.

How do I delete a thread? I made a /fog/ thread a minute after yours.

You can't.

/wowg/ here

is Veeky Forums janitors day off and every nu/v/pol shitposter decided to show up

Seems to be the case judging by posts like

Then I guess it'll stay up as a symbol of my failure

Don't know what you're talking about but thanks for the input now kindly fuck off again.

>pointing out facts is now shitposting
really makes you think

You're ok in my book

Not him but you do know that /v/ has a raging boner for NV right? If anything that first post is a /v/ermin.

But all of the games suffer from bugs, glitches and memebryo.

>if you like NV you're /v/
>if you don't like NV you're not /v/
Time to take your pills user. Preferably cyanide pills.

Thanks user, I just wish Caitfag didn't leave all those (embed)s in the last OP.

Fuck.

Why did they advertise the "wow NPCs will say my character's name" thing so hard when it's a surprisingly happy list of names and only Codsworth fucking uses it?

Is it a symptom of the dialogue wheel as you can't tell people your name lest you risk the status quo of YES NO SARCASM TELL ME MORE

Because they know reviewers only play a game for 30 minutes before writing their 11/10 IGN review, so why bother.

Thinking New Vegas is better than 3 or 4 isn't /v/ermin opinion though, it just means you aren't mentally disabled.

Fallout 1 is easy after level 4

>playing for about a week
>nothing's changed
>no new mods or updates
>game just won't start all of a sudden

Corrupt save i'd wager.

>(minus "hypocritical writing", not sure what that means)
There's this divide between what the game tells you, and what the game shows you. I went rather in-depth about it in the thread before last, so I'll tldr it:
>everyone hates the NCR but they get the best endings
>people say the Legion isn't that bad but you never SEE the good side of them, you're only shown the bad side and told the good exists
>game plays up House as some near omnipotent genius but he never does anything, he only cons the NCR and sends couriers to get the Chip to him, besides that he just sits in his tower as his employees conspire against him (which he has no idea about despite being their fucking boss)
The jist of it, although I hesitate to say the Legion are evil, merely, forgive my crass words, "metal as fuck."
>if New Vegas had been an isometric game it would have easily, EASILY been much better than the GameBryo crap we got.
While I agree wholeheartedly, part of the genius of NV is how it hybridizes classic roleplaying & story-telling with modern mechanics. Making it isometric makes it harder for modern gamers to get into it, thus making this goal a more difficult acheivement.

First for post-post-apocalyptic fiction.

I was in a similar situation yesterday. Any items I had that played an animation when using them suddenly stopped working yesterday when the day before they were fine and nothing changed between then. Rolled back a save before and it all worked fine. Who fucking knows, really.

desu I like calling that period pre-reconstruction, and the normal time after that post-reconstruction.

>arguning about post, post-post, and post-post-post when its literally post-nuclear

fucking autists I swear

Speaking of which doesn't this make any fiction created today pre-apocalyptic?

>its literally post-nuclear

It's not post-nuclear. Nuclear technology is still ubiquitous.

Are there even any decent quest mods for 4?

Only the Tales from the Commonwealth, and that's just a bunch of small ones, like Saxxons from NV.

Yeah I figured as much. Was hoping there was something on a bit grander scale out there but everything I saw on the nexus looks really half assed.

If leading up to the apocalypse is a theme, then yeah.

34th for post irony

Yeah, and for the forseeable future, there'll be nothing even quarter assed, besides possible big overhauls. Definitely nothing from SG2K, he hates Fallout 4.

he hates it because he can set insert himself as what he did to russel, also voiced protag, his skyrim mod will be the same self insert faggot who likes GoT

Or maybe it's just because 4 is a genuine piece of irredeemable dog shit and he refuses to waste time on that when New Vegas continues to be one of the best RPGs ever made.

Threadly reminder having subtitles on makes you subhuman.

>not having subtitles on in a buggy as fuck game where audio doesn't fire half the time

>t.Ivan Ivanovic playing the game on a half-fermented potato

well, excuse me if my main language isn't english

>game has shitty dialogue came and terrible view distance when its disabled

I already asked but only got one reply. What effects would you make the punga power perk add to punga fruits? I've already made it double the health restored.
I'd do an AP increase if I hadn't already applied that to blood packs with the hematophage perk.

The stealth suit AI got me thinking,

A Power Armor Misc Mod:
AI addon

-----
Also Make the hopper into a grinder that will do the same thing as the auto butcher and Robot disassembler.

theres some shit on the wiki about a cut tier of the perk that lets you harvest more fruit each time

Making a deathclaw explode into chunks from a few punches isn't normal.

But on Psycho, it is. Buy Psycho today!

I want to add more shotguns to fallout 4 since there seems to be only 2 in the base game, maybe 1 if the pipe shotgun is from the raider overhaul mod, can I install weapon mods with scripted level lists mid game or I will fuck shit up?

yeah but fuck that, I don't want more of the stuff, I want it to be better
whaddya think about +10% damage (same as yao guai meat)

>FO4 only has 2 shotguns
Haven't played it, are you for real? Fucking FO3 had more and that game had no weapon variety at all.

Protip: 4 will always find a way to be unbelievabely shitty and be worse than even your lowest of low expectations.

>Fucking FO3 had more and that game had no weapon variety at all.

It had the Combat Shotgun and the Sawn-off. Am I forgetting about one?

it really only has 2 just like in FO3

>combat and sawn off
>no lever action or pump designs

as for the perk, yeah that sounds better

double-barrel added by point lookout
it has an unimplemented unique version aswell

>double-barrel
but its just the non sawn off gun

>Skyrim Survival Mode has identical scripts, values and messages with Frostfall
>Chesko wont comment
So did anybody actually fall for the "Creation Club wont host pre-existing mods" meme?

Yeah, if you look closely you can see they re-used the same assets for the main body but it's still a different gun. The fact that they couldn't even make such an easy modification of the sawed-off in FO4 says a lot.

What does Archive Invalidation do and why is it necessary to turn it on and off sometimes to fix mods?

>start argument with question
>question gets ignored and unanswered
t-thanks

You can install it anytime but depending if it's injected via quest or by editing the levelled list it may take a while to show up.
Also vanilla only has combat shotgun and double barrel (which is guess can be modded into a sawn off if you want to count those as two weapons), pipe shotgun is modded.

They're too incompetent to do even that much so they just shoved in the sawn off and combat shitgun and called it a day.

I don't think he legally can

because gamebryo

Without archive invalidation the game doesn't recognize any content that isn't in the original asset archive files.

>why is it necessary to turn it on and off sometimes to fix modsI know you're just asking a question but, Christ.
There's mountains of guides out there made for the express purpose of educating people like you. Go fucking read them.

Thank you kind user

Fo4 has 2 base shotgun weapons. However the combat shotgun can be a an automatic or a semi-auto shotgun, and there are splitter mods for the laser and institute guns, which can also be made into automatics, and the plasma/tesla/laser muskets can get splitters as well, and all but the last two can be made into pistols.

So you've got like a dozen or shotguns total, roughly speaking.

No, there are 2.

>whole thread from now on will only be about shotguns
I don't even mind

I never considered the Tri-Beam Laser rifle from FO3 as a laser shotgun but i see you point.

Didn't we already have this argument?

>weapon mods are new mods lmao
I wish I could be duped as easily as you, I'd enjoy games a lot more.

Isn't the tri-beam laser rifle actually called laser shotgun in the GECK? FO3 has more shotguns than FO4, FO4 BTFO!

>being this mad that a modauthor rates even Skyrim higher than FO4

>counting energy scatter cannons as shotguns

even still I preferred the ol trishot config of 3 and NVs to 4s 5 or 6 projectiles.

L I T E R A L L Y
B I L L I O N S
O F
W E A P O N
P E R M U T A T I O N S

I'm not trying to excuse Bethesda's shittyness, just putting out what exists.
It's a laser gun that mimics what a shotgun's role is.

How can you not call it a laser shotgun?
Again, not excusing the lack of variety in base guns. However, in the case of SOME of the weapon mods, the change to the weapon is significant enough to warrant it. Especially since many of the mods are what let a weapon be one of the many variants that we would have called seperate weapons in previous titles.
>weapon that shoots a bunch of projectiles that is best suited for close range
>somehow not a shotgun

God please

How often are you planning to post this?

it's probably just him changing his profile picture to fanart someone sent him

Fuck this

The tri-beam was still very strong at medium range though, you don't have to get up close and personal like with actual shotguns. You did give me a good idea for a laser shotgun though which would actually fire 8 low-damage lasers with high spread.

>sneaking through an old department store
>fighting supers that have moved in
>tough fights, there are lots of them
>turn the protectons on them by hacking a terminal
>the protectrons don't stand much chance but they attract the attention of the supers while Cait and I shoot them
>finally clear the area, scraped and bruised and exhausted
>poking around the old department store for useful stuff, we split up to cover more ground
>find some pre war money, some caps, and some various scrap for settlements
>trying to fit it all in my bag, finally manage by eating some of the food I was carrying
>get ready to go, start trying to find Cait
>looking for a few minutes, trying to be quiet just in case there are other enemies
>eventually go look in the old clothing section
>moving quietly, looking around for her
>finally round a corner, and find her
>she's holding an old pre-war dress up to herself in a half cracked mirror
>moving around and seeing how it looks from various angles
>standing there for only a couple seconds so far, she hasn't noticed you
How do you proceed?

This is embarassing. In 2 games Bethesda only breaks even in amount of shotguns due to having more uniques.

Caitfag was a mistake.

Oh, and don't even get me started on Bethesda's "uniques" don't have unique textures like in New Vegas.

just hide caitfag's posts once you see them, don't even read anything
dumbass

>Bethesda's "uniques" don't have unique textures like in New Vegas.

sadpepe.jpg

Caitfag was specifically asked to put on the name so people like you can filter her dumbass.

Why are this one and the auto butcher so much fun? I spend way to much time dragging bodies around after a settlement attack, but somehow it is fucking fullfilling.

It is great fun.

Next I plan on making a gunner spawn or something.

I just hate that the Eyebot is to high for the disassembler.

plus the upwards ramp doesnt show up for me...

Since fo4's "uniques" are just legendaries with different names I wouldn't count them at all.

>virigils locations and the railroad password are different on each playthrough
That sounds neat. Has anybody ever tried this mod?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21297/?

Slap the dress out of her hand and punch her right in the face, berate her for wasting time on stupid dresses she'd look bad in anyway, and remind her she's lucky I'm even taking a Junkie whore like her with me.

Take the chance while she's distracted and put a bullet in her head.

Worst thing that happens is when the body is too heavy for you to carry. I just want to butcher a deathclaw dammit

Danse = Crusader
MacCready = Highwayman
Cait = Hellion
Dogmeat = Houndmaster
Mama Murphy = Occultist
Curie = Plague Doctor

Nora = Vestal?
Preston = Arbalest?

Random location for virgil sounds neat. But I really wouldn't want to go through that shitty railroad "puzzle" again.

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than NVfags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic core "Gaymurs" by picking the obscure Fallout title by their least popular developer to boost their fragile RPGbabby egos.

>Original Fallout? Too ubiquitous!
>Fallout 3 and 4? It's made by Bethesda, it's casual!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, New Vegas is simply the worst Fallout game.

>B-b-b-ut muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It looks like a music video directed by McG, the saturation is ugly, the controls are wonky and unresponsive. The world design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt. The reputation is a tedious mechanic that have little bearing on the world. The world itself, either too empty or too crowded.

>B-b-b-ut muh music
Country is for fedora wearing retards and the Nevada shit is trite. Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit game. You revel in this title's mediocrity like a badge of honour.

Hi-Res Texture Pack, Here I Come!

really don't user,

Is this pasta?

Anyone have Intimidation Redone they can upload somewhere? I want it, but it's removed and the mod piracy sub-leddit has a broken link

Enjoy your performance loss and broken texture replacer mods. Literally turning on SMAA in ENB/Reshade or the nvidia control panel has a better result.

Seriously user there is no difference in quality AND the fucking textures are fuck huge
youtube.com/watch?v=YjVU91QEifk