>DARK SOULS 2 (DaS2)
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS (DaS1)
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS (DeS)
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NhluGO9gElw?t=33s
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmKpp2lOOcHvoDnjB9P0LGDN71Np0Gr68tPQ8BkqxZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for too lazy to finish TRC

points down

What greatsword is the best and why it's the Hollowslayer Greatsword?

Iron Keep was the only shit part in the game, the rest was decent to good. DaS1 had much more shit.

>using spear and shield
>thinking it takes any skill
>pointing down

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

>the rest was decent to good
Belfry Sol
Shrine of Amana
Black Gulch
Doors of Pharros
Drangleic Castle
Undead Crypt
Aldia's Keep

>Japanese person vs Weeb

Because the Hollowslayer has the most poise frames of any greatsword, and the best two-handed moveset that catches people trying to maneuver around you to do backstabs.

Add onto that a set of armor heavy enough to get you at least 27 Poise, and you got yourself one of the most powerful R1 weapons in the game.

why 27?

No matter how many times I see this thing, it's always funny. It feels like Alonne is questioning his life choices right after getting hit.

Drangleic Hallway and Aldia's Corridor are the only two objectively bad levels out of those. Btw Iron Keep is good, it's Earthen Peak that is shit.

>Belfry Sol
part of iron keep
>Shrine of Amana
good area, casual
>Black Gulch
good, casual
>Doors of Pharros
>decent
>Drangleic Castle
decent
>Undead Crypt
decent
>Aldia's Keep
I'll give you that one, it's the dukes archive of DaS2.

How do you deal with skilled parry fishers?

Isn't that thing incredibly easy to parry?

>>Shrine of Amana
>good area
Stopped reading there.

>black corridor
>good
Time for you to go back to r/darksouls2, where you belong, nigger.

those are all pretty inoffensive levels user. really the only level in the series that i would call bad is lost izalith, everything else is good to average

Breakpoint to poise through straight sword pokes.

Jump attacks

what, you don't like BRILLIANT ORANGE GLOW?

Good compared to anything DaS1 has to offer.
Not saying those areas are good in general.
The Souls series is pretty shit honestly, especially DaS3.

Yes but your weapon is very easy to parry right?

I'm not that guy, but yeah, greatlance is fairly parriable.

Parry fishers are invariably garbage though, so it doesn't matter too much.

>Good compared to anything DaS1 has to offer.
No, seriously, fuck off back to r*ddit, nigger.

Dark Souls saved gaming for me

Time for DEEPEST LORE.

After much consideration I came to the conclusion that the Abyss is not, in fact, at the bottom of the world. The Abyss is the game's term for outer space.

There are several arguments to support this theory. First thing that made me realise that is the Deep from DS3. The Deep is described as a Dark entity that is situated at the absolute bottom of the world. This makes the Abyss kind of superfluous, as the game clearly separates the two as different things. If the Deep is dark, and at the bottom of the world, there can be no dark Abyss at the bottom of the world. Hence, it must lie somewhere else.

Second, TRC makes it clear that the Abyss is something that existed well before the Age of Fire, let alone Manus. Thus, the cave where he was buried is not, in fact, a part of the Abyss, but it was merely infected by the Abyss through the actions of Manus. And it is this Abyssal infection that remained at the bottom of Oolacile even after his death, continuing to spread and affect the world.

There is only one instance where we travel to the actual Abyss, which is the fight with the Four Kings. And it really looks more like the outer space than anything. But we jump down to it, don't we? This is not how the actual transportation occurs, as the structure from which we fell down is not visible after we get to it. And it's not from the lack of lighting, because the Abyss is otherwise perfectly lit up. The actual transportation that occurs after our jump down is magical in nature.

Bloodborne helps to determine where the Abyss is actually located. Through numerous references both blatant and clever, it reveals that Miyazaki is a huge fanboy of Lovecraft. And Lovecraft, more often than not, used the word 'abyss' to describe the outer space. And if we look at the effects of the Abyss and the way it infects everything, it works nearly identically to the extraterrestrial entity in his favourite story, The Colour out of Space.

>play burn.wav
>play burn.wav
>play burn.wav
>play burn.wav
Miyasucky really wanted to drive that pain home.
What a genius.

You sound like you would like DaS1, dastard;p.

>Get Midir to 25% health, did not manage to stagger him even once with two-handed GS hits to his head
>Die
>Have to spend another 10 minutes fighting that fucking camera that randomly unlocks and pitches so high up that you have no fucking clue where you are or what Midir is doing

Sigh.

>literal retardation: the post
And this is why people hate lorefags.

Duke's Archives are the best late game area you double plebeian

You have to concentrate all of your attacks on his head, and he only staggers once you get him to around 30% this way.

Sounds to me like you're a shitter who keeps hacking at his ankles and tail.

Really convolutes my time

And that's why people make fun of the miyazaki fanbase. What a mistake.

Don't lock onto Midir you fucking idiot

Locking onto enemies larger than your screen is never, ever a good idea in third person RPGs.

to be fair, that's competing with like tomb of the giants and lost izalith

That's wrong, people only hate PvP fags

Wrong, literally every single hit I landed was to his head. Good to know there's another stupid mechanic that inconsistent with everything I had learned, though, I'll keep that in mind
I can't see what's happening when unlocked, all I can see is his fucking toes. I'll try playing unlocked anyway, thanks, asshole.

Locking on to Midir is fine. As long as you stay in front of his head and don't actually get any closer to him than his neck.

Type out your favorite oh ooooohh oh oooooooh ohhooooo, others guess who's theme it is

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Better than many early game levels like the Depths or the Catacombs anyway. It's a really good area regardless.

Ash Lake

>katanafag
HE FUCKING SHOULD

Well done.

OoOoOoOoOh
Ha ha
OoOoOoOoOh
Ah ha ha

do dooo
do doo doo do doo dooo

do dooo
do doo doo

Post Farron Breakdance Webms

>doo doo doo
Got to be Ceaseless Discharge

OH OH OH OH
OH OH OH OH OH OH
OH OH OH OH
OH OH OH OH OH OH
AAH OOH AAH OOH AAH AAH AAH

nah, its easy once you know it tho

He tried to parry most attacks

People only laugh at how duelfaggots take their artifical game mode so seriously, despite the fact that the game was never balanced for 1v1 matchups to begin with. But there is acknowledgement that it takes a form of skill to fight and win under such conditions.

I'd like to see you ever find a positive comment about some shitter who encourages people to donate to his Patreon® or subscribe to his Twitch™ channel so that he can continue to churn out fanwanked headcanon, resulting in a bunch of other retards regurgitating it as fact.

JSF is god
Btw I fucked yur mum

Ooooooooh
Oooooh Ooooooooh
Ooooooooh
Oooooh Ooooooooh
Oooooh Oooooooooooh

Might actually be Ah instead of Oh, not sure

Literally who

OUT. FUCKING. SKILLED.

Pretty much Fidget Spinsword retards in a nutshell.

I hate the weapon, but I love seeing phantoms using it because you can perfectly predict exactly what they're going to do to, and no matter how many times you counter it, they will keep doing it until they die. It's amazing. It's like people trade their brain for the L1 button.

outer space by definition can't be under the surface. The reason there seems to be no gravity (which is what I assume you mean by "looks more like the outer space") in the Abyss we fight the 4kangs in could very well because gravity is far weaker closer to the core. If you had any understanding of physics you'd realise that.
> And it's not from the lack of lighting, because the Abyss is otherwise perfectly lit up.
what?
>bb
irrelevant
>his favourite story, The Colour out of Space
I'd argue it actually works nearly identically to his favourite story, Berserk

I will however try to find and watch The Colour out of Space
Demon's Intro?

How the fuck do you even get enough leverage to spin like that by hitting stone with a knife?

>Good compared to anything DaS1 has to offer.
>The Souls series is pretty shit honestly
Okay, so you are physically unable to spot good level design. Could have just admitted from the start.

midichlorians

Tower Knight?

I know, that should've been the running l1, while the standing l1 be that chain they can perform. Not to mention it should have it's original weaponart instead of fucking parry

DS2fags are mentally retarded and I almost feel sorry for them.

OH BUT THE VOLCANOES
WHERE WE ARE

wait, what's wrong with shrine of amana

I actually like that place

That lunging dash swing would have been pretty cool to have, too.

Farron Greatsword is super disappointing.

COZ UR A SIHTTER
DUCK SOLES TOO BAD
FUC U

I swear that I see a noticeable difference in parry times between a Buckler and a Red and White Shield. But they're both Small Shields. Shouldn't they have they exact same parry frames? Am I imagining this, or if not, why the fuck are they different?

It's in your head

What is there to like about a swamp with eagle-eyed magic snipers, being unable to see where the ground ends without a torch, the submerged little shits and the limp dick knights?

Read the descriptions, Buckler, Target Shield and Small Leather Shield mentioned them being better at parrying. Unless you're talking about DaS.

The lunging dash IS the original weaponart.
youtu.be/NhluGO9gElw?t=33s

I don't know, I liked the combination of feeling pressured to advance because of the magic snipers but at the same time feeling scared I might fall off or run into submerged spider shits if I run in too haphazardly.

the knights were whatever

To be fair, what the fuck else are you supposed to do with the thing? Beyond the L1, it's basically just a one-handed ultra with medium shield parry.

Reading comprehension

>play TRC
>do all of it
>except for bosses
>already have 100% achievements
>already piss bored and tired of the game
>making the merger to PC anyway
>just quit playing

i might pick up DS3 if it's on DEEEEEP discount and a friend begs me to carry them, but other than that, I'm all SOTFS on PC, baby.

I went looking into it some more and it's definitely not in my head.

Yes, that's true, but the Iron Round Shield and the Leather Shield also have descriptions specifically pointing them out as ideal for parrying, but they are not included in the trifecta of "better" parrying shields.

>can't set Farron Sword on fire
>can't use the dash
>not a single unpariable attack despite being an ultra and one of the saving graces of all ultra's for fighting parry fishers
God damn. Why. WHY. FUCKING WHY.

I just want to spin without wondering if I'm going to get hornet one shot.

Why do FROM make such a cool premise such a disappointment?

Rip in pieces

>Yes, that's true, but the Iron Round Shield and the Leather Shield also have descriptions specifically pointing them out as ideal for parrying, but they are not included in the trifecta of "better" parrying shields.

That's because DS3 is a polished game.

There are three small shields in DaS3 that are classified as parrying shields, which have faster startup frames than all other small shields.

>image for ants
That image is inaccurate anyways, there's a spreadsheet with more refined parrying data

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TmKpp2lOOcHvoDnjB9P0LGDN71Np0Gr68tPQ8BkqxZ8

All this time people have been saying that the katana parry is the worst parry in the game, when in actuality it's got equal startup frames to a parrying shield.

You can still deadangle, can you not? Not sure how and if it works but I think you have to unlock and aim slightly to the right, then for the second hit to the left. And just never do the 3rd l1 because that's begging to get parried

So what kind of weapons and infusions should I get if I want to run a pyromancer build in DS3? I've been going Quality build with some faith for weapon spells for a while, but I want to try something new with glorious flames.

>so you are physically unable to spot good level design
..in DaS1, yes.
BB is far better. DaS1 was like an early mistake that vidya hipsters try to overrate.

>not a single unpariable attack despite being an ultra
That's keeping in theme with the boss, which can be parried ridiculously easily.

And any ultra can be parried if it's one-handed. The Farron Memesword's problem is that it's impossible to two-hand the weapon.

I see. I thought you actually played these games, my mistake.

You get the dedicated Pyro weapons that everyone else uses: Onyx Blade, Witch's Locks, Parting Flame, Demon's Scar.

As for infusions, go with LKSS, Claymore, Astora's, Harald and Chaos Dagger

Other than Patches and Yuria, are there any NPCs I should kill before going into NG+?

>killing Patches
Literally no reason to though. He doesn't drop anything that you couldn't just buy or whatnot.

And you're forgetting about Yorshka. Kill her for her chime, even if you don't need it.

The Giant in Undead Settlement drops a ring.

Which character should I take to SL 120 for arena and 120 ganking?

My friends are using a faith caster build with Cruxifix and the other guy is using a dex katana fag and sometimes switches to an UGS character.

Which character of mine will compliment them most between a 60 INT spell caster, a great shield and spear/lance tank, or a pyromancer?

I am almost at the end of my first playthrough of DaS 2 so I decided to do the DLC in release order. The crown of the sunken king is where I'm at now but I encountered a problem at the Dragon's Rest. That Queen boss. My +10 Claymore deals next to no damage to her, is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I bring a different weapon?

You get that just by plucking all the Young White branches from the trees that he shoots arrows around, then going back to visit him.

>120 ganking
Fucking neck yourself scrub.

Taurus Demon

Got it already, he dies on his own
Thanks, I'll add her to the list.
>Literally no reason to though
Revenge

kill yourself

should i kill gwyndolin and take sunlight blade or just keep using DMB?