/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Robo waifu edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONL8-Z6PhVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

reminder to ignore and report shitposting

Just noticed it but why is Starmade written as "StarMaden b"?

dunno

JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN
here comes the chineese earthquake
BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR
it's not skubmade

Waifus aren't /egg/ and anime for the sake of anime isn't /egg/. There's more than plenty of those generals.

>thomas's
>not thomas'
lern 2 inglish

>waifus aren't /egg/
But we're all cute girls, so we are waifus. /egg/ is made of waifus so waifus are literally /egg/. checkmate.

>thomas's

that video is from LoTGH not from shitbuster

You got your Venn mixed up.
Waifus are not /egg/.
/egg/ is waifus.

Finally got my alpha key for this and the first thing i make starts clanging its way out of the hangar and team rockets off into the sky when I hop off it

Sound about right for an /egg/ game.

I feel it

r8 my cuckout levi lads

thomas's'd've

>miniguns

meh

>grenade launchers

yes. Grenade launchers are OP as FUCK in the hands of the AI. They land perfect hits almost every time with those things, and they stun too.

If you want you be a super asshole just equip your leviathan with nothing but grenade launchers and those new Synthesis guns. They'll kill anything they run into.

I'm glad you have seen the err of your ways and changed for the better

>the magic Columbine schoolbus

brilliant!
moar!

kek

Can anyone give me general tips for building in besiege?
I did the starter levels where you kill buildings and now trying to kill all the soldiers it feels like anything I make can't kill them without itself falling apart

sorry
keep it egg

>las_vegas_limousine.jpg

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

What are some good Factorio mods that DON'T add new sprites?

if you kill them with falling apart you still pass the level
be big, wait, ignite yourself

my problem is always the archers
let's see how well I do this time

About to blow some money on new parts for my PC, you think a GTX1060 can handle spengos? I mean, is a piece of crap of an unfinished game but it's the one with the most interactions and currently I can only play it at minimum on dx9 graphics (because thanks a fucking lot Keen for changing the target machine midway during development).

they will never learn

RSO
Bottleneck
Hellmod
Nanobots
Modular power armor
Vehicle grids

I have a 960 and run spengos as "fine" as that game can be considered to run fine.

put 8-16 cannons aimed carefully, at the start of the level kill archers (no need to 100% them, just enough to buy yourself time)
wait for little guys to surround them
ignite

How about a CPU dude? GPU is almost irrelevant for spongore.

also 960 (4gb version)
I run at 60fps blaneds most of the time
120 fps spess
AA is a meme, turn it off, shadows are kill, off or low
gpu is quite important, I get about 96% gpu use and about 70% cpu use while playing
and I've got i5 2400

I'm playing it on a 760 2GB.
I can play planets but just barely at like 20 fps. Asteroids gameplay is fluid.
That card should be able to take it easily.
More importantly, GET 16GB RAM. Not optional.

>i5 2400
well...
should be okay though

I don't even overclock it

>drones from 3 to 4 energy
finally a nerf!

Is that a SLI setup? Doesnt part of the calculations go to the GPU when you're using SLI?

whagam

i5 2xxx series best CPUs, prove me wrong

There was a time that you got 35-40fps with a maxwell titan X on planets.
Also this, they are moving towards GPU rather than CPU.
But you should get lotdsa ram so you survive when leaks.

Balloon-assisted quadrocopter bombers do the job just fine for me.
Then again I am a pleb that used said quadrocopters, sans bomb load, for multitude of levels.

Best Sandy Bridge incoming!

Orc MMO 2023

I don't have SLI
I have 1 gtx960
2 monitors
and 1 runs spengos, second jewtubes

pls no bully, I was too poor to get the good shit back then
next time I'll get an i7 or R7 ;^)

Why does it say " Base Mod > Resource Spawner Overhaul " under every resource?

if anyone wants to know
this is how spengo reacts to my setup
and I wasn't poor when I bought it, I made a conscious decision for that i5
it was awesome at the time, my pc may be fucking old

is very fun

My GPU is a HD5850, one of the earliest cards with DX11 support, and it lacks tesselation cores altogether because at that time NVidia was the only one splooging all over muh inflatable meshes at runtime, and from what I've seen Spengos uses DX11 to fully abuse this property.
My CPU instead is a i7 920 which is still powerful enough to get bottlenecked by the GPU, but I'm planning on upgrading to a Xeon x5650.

On an unrelated note, why in the USA they literally throw X5650s at you for 20$ and in Europe I have to shell 1000€ ?

buy from merika or slavic regions (that stole it from merika)

So lads, what do you shove on your main bus?
Do you use a main bus at all?
What do you consider controversial to shove on there.
I had four tracks of each variety of ore when I started

iron, copper, green chips, steel, gears (on both normal and marathon), red chips

controversial: I used to place plastic there

>So lads, what do you shove on your main bus?
Pretty much anything that can't be produced with smaller stuff, or needs large sub-factories to make any amount of.
Iron-Steel-Copper-Green Cards-Red Cards-Petro-Water-Lube
>four tracks of each variety of ore
Please tell me you mean plates

half a km of lighting bugs

>when your ship is so big that you need a "you are here" map

What's the first thing to research after getting purple science? Yellow science?

Most computer parts stores in europe are middlemen for a handful of wholesale vendors.

>tfw playing unmodded spengos singleplayer 1-1-1
Now that is some autism I can get behind

1-1-1 is the only way to play.
Everything ele is cheating.

I'm offended by your definition of shitbox

This.
And even on 1-1-1 you can carry a ton of rocks in your pockets, so its still questionable.

stealing this for the next time i make a ship in starmade. i knew something was missing to make ship interiors actually feel big and complicated

And they made the Quasars even more thicc.
Two side by side isn't possible anymore. Just with a 3 block offset.

I remember when I used to think like this. Then building large batteries/solar panels/solar farms/anything hit me.

Still you can feel a void in substance, or progression.

First thing you should do is scrap lander parts for welder ship.

what are some essential mods for factorio?

>Archers
Metal plates. Armour really does good against those bastards

he get's purple science before yellow science

It is very playable vanilla, mods are not essential.
For the first playthrough.

>lander

What, are you too much of a pussy to play with natural gravity?

??
what do you define as a shitbox pc?
1-1-1 is best, you might want to mod inventory to 50l though
I miss explodogo
>making solar
what a pleb
this: true, but lightning fix and nobloom mods are welcomed even on first playthrough

I'm not that much of a pussy to play with the crutch safety ground and helmet not required at all.

EVOGui
Bottleneck
GDIW
Flow Control

>have to actually think about ship mass instead of slapping one small thruster in each direction
>***crutch safety ground***

Thomas is a proper noun so Thomas's is actually correct
Thomas' cousin sounds like caveman talk

>Bottleneck
aka I'm too stupid for this game

You have an i5 and a 960. That is a modern midrange build. A shitbox is a C2D E8400 and a GT210.

>shitbox pc
Prebuilt on a tourist/industrial-priced city far from the main civilization to add to shame and cost

>AMD FX 6350(4.1 GHz)
>ASUS M5A99xEVO R2.0
>ATI6670 2GB DDR3
>4GB RAM
I downloaded 8GB of RAM afterwards

>Not needing a help is a crutch
>Having a massive oject that constantly pulls everyhing towards it to smash shit up is a crutch

I also have laptop from 2005
can't recall the cpu atm, but iirc it was 1.3GHz
>Prebuilt
ok, i am far from shitbox
forgot that those exist

NO DIE

death fits perfectly well into laws of thermodynamics you fucking physician

>AMD

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=ONL8-Z6PhVY
What do you think is the biggest gun that could possibly be fired by hand? Someday I want to try making a shoulder fired 20 or 25mm cannon as my standard issue big gun. I know there's a 76mm shoulder fired gun out there but it's a very low velocity round akin to a mortar or large grenade.

It depends on what you mean by 'fired by hand'. Lots of guns are normally fired with the bulk of them sitting on the ground but there is aiming and firing mechanisms that people are using with their hands. there's actually very few guns that have their aiming/firing controls directly into a persons hand while the weapon is in use. If you mean while supporting the entirety of it yourself, you also have to ask if you mean standing upright and not against a wall or something, or if you still have to be standing after the round is fired.

>complains about bottleneck which is just a simple visual for people who play zoomed out
>not complaining about flowcontrol which removes almost all the challenge from pipe networking
Do you also play with bob's inserters? Or perhaps you use hoards of logistic bots instead?

because base is being overwritten by rso

Completely lifted by the user and fired standing without being against a wall. Maybe minor passive augmentation like outriggers built into shoes can be allowed, but nothing powered like an exoskeleton.

I want to play a game which really focuses on pollution. I want to start in a huge beautiful green forest with holier than thou space elves trying to kill me.

I want to hide out in dank caves and far away mountains, building small factories and furnaces and automated assembler arrays.
I want to struggle to stay alive, with multiple escape tunnels and redundant rings of turrets to keep the space elves out, and I want to fail, it'll make the coming smog so much sweeter.

And most importantly, I want to see the sun less and less. I want to build an automated mat of saws and axes and lay it across the forest. I want to burn everything in furnaces to churn out more furnaces and more and more machines.
I want to go full self-replicating factory hellscape. As the space elves bring in more and more exotic beasts and warriors in shiny armour with beautful eco-friendly spears and blow-guns firing explosive darts. and i want to grind up those warriors into a meaty paste that will be sucked dry of both organic and inorganic coumpounds that'll be fed through pipes and used in ways that benefit the factory.
I want the end-game to effectively reverse the start, now the elves are hunted and the factory is the forest.

>Doesn't matter if the user is still standing after
>Or if the gun is still in his hand after
This is about a thousand pounds. You could probably get some poor sap to deadlift it.

Show me ONE thing on this picture of Bob's inserters that's wrong.

I did some calculations earlier and found that a 37mm shoulder fired cannon weighing 100kg would have 14'000 joules of recoil energy. Any way to make that doable?

they are cheating

is this minesweeper?