/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #979 - Choose your fighter Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=elxQyh-2tjI
youtube.com/watch?v=9MI7ve_fWCk
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/166081158688/this-battle-is-about-to-explode
youtube.com/watch?v=IDj-xSr-shs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Last thread went 19 hours
Nice!

Also, FAST

Nice to see Hesse will likely be part of IDW Sonic.

PROF PICKLE IS BEST CHARACTER

PROVE ME WRONG

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

*Dinner date*

*nuzzles*

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

DELETE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, fucking dropped. I'm not a fan of his, but he is not the problem I fear will pester the comics.

>IDW Sonic reveal could possibly coincide with Thread 1000

>that second last row
qt

>Omega and Beta
>no Gamma
Shit op.

Wait, what's wrong with Hesse?

Some people just aren't fans of his work.

Well... you're going to have to explain what instead then.

Like, you see Hesse Sonic, say "I don't like him but he's not the problem" and Fucking Dropped.

What's your issue man?

Omega > Gamma

When is Shadow and Amy gonna break their limits?

If it was the shit that was argued about last thread, it can stay in the last thread.

I'm curious as to who initiated this exchange
Either way, Bump crossover sounds cool.

Gamma? More like Gaymma.

Sounds neat

Rude!

I was thinking long and hard about that. I'm not a fan of his art, think he is a moron and a shill, but came to the conclusion that he isn't a problem. It's those associated with him.

>this food sucks
>this music is bad
>amy is so irritating
>i wish I was going fast

Rat!

Anonymous? More like FUCKING FAGGOT.

But dropping a comic just for that? Its not even out, so why the meme response.

Omega is canonically a manlet.

I mean, I ain't going to have a go at you for who you think is moronic or shilling, despite me loving Hesse as an artist regardless.

What's wrong with the associated people? Genuinely curious.

Heh nice!

user, people getting angry over things that's not out yet is human nature

He's a moron and a shill? Uh, how?

Fucking Botlets
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?!

I really hope the Freedom Fighters are not important in IDW Sonic.

We need a Chad/Virgin edit with these two.

I really hope the Freedom Fighters are not in IDW Sonic.

I really wouldn't have much of an issue if the Freedom Fighters are in IDW Sonic

Wish he and Uncle Chuck had some archeological adventures,

You said you dropped it after you saw Hesse being involved, but then you follow it up with "he is not the problem I fear".
So what's the problem?

Not even the fastest generals could have 12 threads in 3 days. Only Dota during TI maybe.

Wow, he's the same height and weight as OP's mom.

>dreggmantorturingsonic.avi

Sticks is dumb

Eh, I think #1000 should be on it's own. It'd be a shame for the general's big milestone to be overshadowed.

From the previous thread:

>My problem with Sally and Rotor is that they take up roles that should be filled up by Tails.

I like the idea of Tails and Rotor both being the tech guys of the group. Usually in real life, technicians work in teams for tasks that require more work than one person alone could do.

Speaking of which, if they bring in the Egg Bosses again, here's how I would change them:

>African Egg Army stays the same accept with Diesel as co-Egg Boss with Axel.
>Arctic Egg Army covers the former Soviet Union except for Moldova and the Baltics. Also gets Akhlut and Tundra as co-Egg Bosses
>Asian Egg Army is split into the Chinese Egg Army, the Indian Egg Army and the Southeast Asian Egg Army.
>Australian Egg Army stays the same, but controls the islands of Oceania as well.
>European Egg Army stays the same.
>Middle Eastern Egg Army gets Nephthys and Beauregard Rabbot as co-Egg Bosses.
>North American Egg Army stays the same.
>South American Egg Army gets Thunderbolt as part of a Egg Boss trifecta with Razorclaw and Drago.
>Northern Ocean Egg Army and Southern Ocean Egg Army are merged into one Oceanic Egg Army led by Abyss.

I know most of this shit is probably unrealistic, but I felt like typing it out anyways.

Oh, that was me. Some of us on both generals are always saying how the other general is our sister general, I thought why not have some art of our OCs together?

Well if someone's down to do some art, I wouldn't mind!

Oh fuck me 3 days left

Shut your whore mouth. She is WOKE.

Mariel Cartwright, his gf or whatever she is now. She's a okay animator yet terrible artist on her own. A literal deviantartist who worked on Skullgirls, the latest Shantae and even helped with the Mania intro. She works for Lab Zero, who are terrible people on their own. Hesse has ties to Lab Zero too and I don't want them or Mariel anywhere near Sonic.

Hesse's return would make it possible that we get all the other fanartists back. While not terrible, I'd rather see IDW Sonic step up in overall quality. They need to build their own identity.

He used to post on Veeky Forums and always came of as a tool. He shilled Skullgirls on /v/ when it came out.

I'll be sure to cross-post it when he's done.
Unless he posts it here first. Which would also be cool.

Can we get some Sticks X Alex Jones, drawfags?

Didn't someone (outside of /sthg/) do a Sticks as Dale Gribble pic?

So if Sega where to comission a new Sonic Fighting Game, would they outsource it to Arc System Works or have Sega-AM2 handle the development. Though I wouldn't complain if the Sonic fighting game had Midway/Netherworld style pre-fight intros like the ones in Injustice 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=elxQyh-2tjI

youtube.com/watch?v=9MI7ve_fWCk
Have you ever wondered where Sonic was while Eggman was taking over 99% of the world in Sonic Forces?

There are only 33 days left until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, there are just thirty-three () days left to go until Sonic Forces is out in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

>a reasonable response
Hey man, you're alright.

Although, shilling games is something that every dev has done at some point, but I can see how it would annoy you.

I get the IDW quality mark, there are some issues even in reboot which could have done with a bit of extra work on.

I got nothing against fan-artists working on the comic though, Hesse can draw well, ABT was great too, and they were dorks over Sonic.

That being said, I'd love to see issues drawn by seasoned vets.
Also Spaz again, his style is always great to see.

>FF
Dropped like it's hot.

>Tyson promo/cover art
>No Freedom Fighters

>It now takes me 10 minutes to find the pic I want
How do you guys sort your Sonic fanarts without renaming them?

papa bless

Whoa whoa whoa, I think we can sub out some of those villain choices for Metal Knuckles and Gemerl if freaking Tails doll makes it in. Also, Storm should be in over Buddy because making a canon custom is weird.

IDW acknowledges Sonic as a comic has a long story, so they would probably will try something to keep old fans, and their money, happy. It's a wild prediction, but maybe they will pull a G. I. Joe.

>so they would probably will try something to keep old fans
You mean like rehash classic sonic again?

You're the user, user. Thank you for the vid

when IDW took over transformers didn't they start their own continuity but then finish off the previous comics story in a side series?

I don't know much about transformers so I'm not sure.

What does "pulling a G.I. Joe" mean?

You keep calling people terrible while not giving any details on why or how.

Agreed.

How is everyone at Lab Zero terrible people?

I love that pic whenever I see it.

>Gamma will always live under Omega's shadow
Feels good

Sonic was never good

sonicthehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/166081158688/this-battle-is-about-to-explode

Give us a body massage?

YES LADS

E-102 Gamma is a worthless consumer model

why would they name him Pickle, but make his favourite food cucumbers

>shitters still want Cream to get nerfed
>shitters still cant handle her Chao set ups into her ultimate

I wouldn't mind the FF's coming back.

As for their role in the story, maybe put them on the same tier as Nack and Bean.
They come up, they have their fans, they take part in their own little arc every now and again, and then wait until next time.

This means people complaining about the FF's get to be relatively happy that it's focusing a lot more on game characters, and Archie fans happy because their favourites have a chance again.

I didn't mind how they were in the reboot though.
Like, even though they were supporting Sonic all the way through, they were just that. The day overall for Unleashed was saved by Sonic Tails and Chip for actual Unleashed shenanigans, Knuckles, Amy and Team Dark for M.E. antics, and the Chaotix for helping out the most.
The FF's failed a lot and had to be saved, even if it was just by supporting words from Sonic.
The Egg Bosses were good, but paled in comparison to Eggman.
The two arcs focusing on OC's, NicolexSally and Egg Bosses, were still heavily supported by game cast.

It was nice, although I wouldn't mind if they took a bit of a step back.

Thanks, user.

Pickled cucumbers

I don't want to get into that one Saucy Juicy Watermelon argument, so have this as a quick answer youtube.com/watch?v=IDj-xSr-shs

Thank you

Puts his own spin on Toei Sonic for classic, Uekawa sketches for modern

Tyson is a genius

You summed up my feelings quite well, user. I don't mind the FFs taking a back seat, just so long as they're there to use as needed.

Ah, you're one of those types then. Opinion discarded.

When IDW got a hold of the G. I.Joe license, they the orginal continuity created by writer Larry Hama in 1982.

How is someone terrible for not wanting ridiculous fan service in their game? Or changing something to avoid legal issues?

I have something against devs stealing from fans, man and SG is full of plagiarism.

>still being this blasted over two frames

>April 2018
>Ya boy Hesse
Dang son we're not even at the panel yet and we're on the way to bingo.

Agreed.
Wouldn't mind them coming back but I don't want them in a main cast position. I felt like Sonic was tied down and stuck with them and it kinda sucked.

>I have something against devs stealing from fans
How the fuck did they steal from a fan?
They liked the fan's design and referenced a name in a rare sound clip as an easter egg.
Holy shit, you're retarded.

I'm against censoring as a whole because I believe that if you want to call games 'art' and be taken seriously people shouldn't censor it.

THAT BEING SAID, these guys took out some panty-shots based on their own standpoint, kept the rest of the very lewd animation, and then met some legal trouble with a fan?

At what point does that make them awful?

>market game based on sex appeal
>remove sex appeal

>doesn't want fanservice for the sake of fanservice
>entire fucking point of game is fanservice
>all characters are busty anime girls
>jiggling tits everywhere
>only people playing this game are playing it for masturbation

what

>SG is full of plagiarism
Either provide evidence to support this ludicrous claim or admit you're full of shit.