Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Divine Ascension (soundtrack, concept art, artbook, lorebook, a map):
mega.nz/#F!tpNGXaZR!UttmYFiknpMvm28ZcOddJQ
upd: Extracted Soundtrack added

yeah, i remember thinking that was really random

how the fuck does a shark even fight in like 6 inches of water

>mfw

In what order should I be doing content in Driftwood? I am level 11 and just about ready to leave the city, should I go confront Mordus or is it too early?

>being a cuck
>giving up

What exactly even was the point? Shark was super weak, I was expecting some serious shit with all that build up.

how do I get decent initiative on my dagger rogue character? putting points into wits seems like a total waste since he doesn't benefit from the extra crit chance due to backstabs...

Why is there no good NSFW art of Red Prince?

The most fun I've had in this game is a lizard-only run with the Red Prince.

>tfw you're a faggot cuckold

>giving up
You don't actually give up anything as you don't even die, nor do the other godwoken.

First Mordus, yes.

what the fuck
aaaaaaaa
let me fucking kill him

>The genocidal tyrant who deathfog bombed the elven people, drew the Void into Rivellon proper and then blamed innocent sorcerers for it so they were rounded up like animals.

>This guy and his adviser - a "wise" immortal who decided that bringing back the Larian equivalent of Ming the Merciless back from the dead and outfit him with cutting edge military tech was a good idea to help save the world.

This is it. These are the people who tell you that yeah, just lobotomizing yourself is the best course of action to take now that your quest is almost complete. Don't worry though the proven genocidal dictator will be happy to look after the world as a powerless god-emperor in your stead though.

>The level of cucked you have to be to actually believe this shit in-game.

If the ending itself wasn't such a dues-ex-machina fucking cop-out by bringing you back to life for no reason I'd be mad.

I'm so concerned that this patch is going to just fucking nerf anything fun

have you tried not being a little kid that has to use overpowered shit to have fun?

But the primary skills that are probably going to be nerfed are broken beyond belief to the point where they carry you on Tactician. The vast majority of it will be Summoner and Polymorph.

>playing Red Prince as a melee/magic pyromancer with a staff
>having loads of fun
>get to the oilfields
>no longer having fun

You wouldn't want to create a time paradox, now would you, chief?

play on explorer if you cant play the game without """fun""" skills

They can't patch the resistance meta without rebuilding the AI from scratch.

Yeah, they just become vegetables

What patch notes are you looking at? I'm not sure if i'm looking at the right ones on the forums.

I also tried this with the seven gods at the tree thing in the hall of echoes.
Sadly Larian hates fun.

I have literally only played a 2handed warfare build. I just think it's retarded to gut shit for no fucking reason in a single player game. If you want to appease the retards who play Arena, put the changes in there.

They fucked with lucky charm for no real reason when thievery is still objectively the better choice in terms of looting skills, they'll probably nerf the broken shit, but who knows what else they'll just decide is 'too strong'

I hope to see a nerf to warfare or a change in the damage equation, too, so that not every physical character has to pump 10 into warfare first.

You give up before Daddy Lucian and tell him he was right all long and you will surrender. Your character decides to quit at the lat moment and get the lobotomy he was going to get at Fort Joy without knowing that Malady will suddenly save him in the end. What kind of weak-minded cuck does your character have to be to accept such a proposal?

>I have literally only played a 2handed warfare build.
so you're confirming my projection.
>If you want to appease the retards who play Arena, put the changes in there.
nobody plays arena lmao, even on launch week the arena lobby was fucking deserted

>I just think it's retarded to gut shit for no fucking reason in a single player game
It's not just an SP game though.

i accidentally teleported the shark out of the water (just wanted to delay him) and he instantly died.

dude
what a load of bullshit

it is generally a good idea to keep PvP and PvE balance separate though, so you can adjust unfair or broken combos for multiplayer, but keep the fun broken stuff in tact for solo play.

Elemental arrowheads doesn't work on melee attacks. Why would you lie, user?
First attack without, second with blood

tell me more about this crab and shark cave
i seem to have played through the game twice and missed it both times

it's a triggered trap in one of Mordus' many basements.

Fine, I mean a PVP game. There's no reason to nerf shit if there's no direct competitive nature to it.

I can pretty much tell you with absolute certainty that my build choice was based off of the fact that I did the exact same build in Div1 and not the 'optimal meta' choice, and probably didn't build it to be optimal either. You can project whatever you want, if you're content being a retard who tries to focus on what I DON'T say instead of what I'm actually saying.

Why didn't Fane just tell everyone about Dallis?

Post some lizards.

How are the developers supposed to properly balance any future content when Summoner fucking steamrolls the bosses and typical spellcasters are left in the dust?

A NIGHT WITH A LIZZHURD

Okay!

because he didnt know until the very end you mong

That's actually bizarre because I'm using it on my Rogue in my current play-through and it's definitely working. I'll grab a screenshot when I get home from work but I have NFI why it wouldn't be working for you - could it be an issue with the weapon in particular?

Because it literally does not matter.
Some people will want to play the broken as hell combinations, others prefer to make selections based on their personal preferences, non-optimal or not, and for single player, I can not disagree with that.

Multiplayer however is a different beast and should be balanced separately.

BUYIN' OR SELLIN'

There's a difference between powerful and broken. Broken removes any and all challenge, it reduces the game to such a base level that you don't even need to engage brain cells. If you think that should be left in, you're dumb. What if I like conjuring skills but don't want to one shot every enemy I face?

That fucking dwarf

thats a lot of fish user

OFFICIAL ENDING RANKING

>cuck tier
Source purge
God-king's return

>random tier
Source communism

>can't be worse than the last divine tier
Divine Adramahlikh

>the only right choice tier
Divinity

I sort of get where you're coming from but it also comes down to the desired experience of the game. Larian clearly didn't intend for Summoning + Artillery Plant / Bone Widow to be as strong as they are currently performing - and this is obvious by how no enemy in the game is seemingly balanced around having to fight your summons as soon as you get enough investment in Summoning.

Even in an only single-player game if there's a certain build or strategy that isn't even cheesing - but simply terribly balanced and blowing everything else out of the water it usually gets tweaked so that other builds are worth playing as well.

I service natives and newcomers alike. We shall trade. We shall toke.

he literally did in his very first dialogue, there's a bunch of dialogues involving his family

>now that your quest is almost complete.

The problem is the player's quest has been a misguided boondoggle led by monsters and idiots the whole time. You've done more damage than good to date, and becoming Divine doesn't fix anything.

Is it fair to say that fire spells are the only threatening thing npcs ever throw at you? There's quite a bit of poison in the game also but it doesn't ever seem to be much of a threat.

I still have no fucking clue how the round system works in this game. Why do I sometimes get 2-3 turns on the same character before an enemy attacks? Why sometimes vice-versa?

But she obviously did. Knew his name and everything. Major plot hole.

But it does explain why that high magister no longer has Dallis' panties like he did in the alpha.

Because you won't be doing that by default, you need a very specific Summoner build to make the most of it.
But like is saying, I suppose a little tweaking wouldn't hurt, just don't completely break the combos.
Tuning them where you're no longer just vaporizing opponents with summons is probably enough.

THE ACTUAL CORRECT LIST APPROVED BY THE EMPEROR OF MANKIND

>Spin On tier
Sharing the source

>meh tier
becoming the divine

>oh shit nigger what are you doing tier
demon divine

>cuck tier
god king return
purging the source

>unable to stop fucking succs, Red Prince started a business and continued to enjoy his new peasant life

>you can't kill lucian or dallies
>they only go unconscious and that makes next fight harder
>people still think purging the source and giving power back to lucian is not canon ending

SMELLS WORSE HERE THAN A DOZEN ROTTEN EGGS DROPPED IN A VAT FULL OF VINEGAR

>with his dwarven slave

>next fight harder
You mean in the expansion?

>But it does explain why that high magister no longer has Dallis' panties like he did in the alpha.

lol what?

Wait, Dallis must have been a real person, right? The woman who can remove collars in Fort Joy talks about her being different as a girl.

Must have had her face ripped off by that eternal bitch.

Dallis is confirmed to be dead in the epilogue conversations if you don't purge though.
It's weird.

>Must have had her face ripped off by that eternal bitch.
she did, in the ending Dallis herself says she took the place of the real Dallis when she discovered her tomb

Unfortunately it's also the best ending, the only one where everyone and every place survives/gets better. The best only comes if you accept that all you did up to that point was for nothing. Bravo Larian.

>Canon ending
None of the endings are canon because Lucian is divine and there is source in games that come after this one in sequence.

we already figure out that larian doesn't give a fuck about other games

>The problem is the player's quest has been a misguided boondoggle led by monsters and idiots the whole time.

The trouble with the "close the veil" ending is that there's no indication in-game that things are going to work out at all, all you have is his word that he's going to be a powerless Devine but "nothing will go bad, honest". This all from the guy who makes it clear he's just rounding up sorcerers because it's efficient and aside from the fact he's a proven genocidal tyrant when in power - his "adviser" is a monster as well, torturing and killing countless innocents and even reviving Braccus Fucking Rex like that was ever going to help anything.

The ending is an absolute cop-out and the worst written of the lot. The Elves somehow just suck up the fact that Lucian the elf killer is back in power and there's no tension at all. The Lizard people stop their expansionist nature for no reason other than "they're scared of Lucian" but that didn't stop them before. The ending doesn't even entertain the idea that some random mug in the next 1000 years could have re-discovered how to drain the Veil since it was apparently easy enough for Fane's people to do it and how would Lucian stop them now that he's powerless? To top it all off it turns out your sacrifice means fucking nothing because malady just revives you with demon magic or whatever and you live out your life in sun-shines and rainbows. It may be the "happiest" ending but it's far and away the worst. Your character has no reason to believe everything is going to work out when making the chocie in game, NONE AT ALL. Lucian himself was the one who brought the Void menace into Rivellon proper, why would we just suck it up and let this guy lobotomize us out of the blue?

>want my main character to be a mage
>dont want my companions to be stronger than me
So uh. Do I just do an all mage party? Do battlemages work, or does having warfare make your magic obsolete?

>Larianigger furfags will defend this

>only now realized how tall elves are
Holy shiet, they're just a bit shorter than male lizards. And humans are at tits level.

>elf
>furfag
what did he mean by this

>The ending is an absolute cop-out and the worst written of the lot. The Elves somehow just suck up the fact that Lucian the elf killer is back in power and there's no tension at all.
This is untrue, the elves are actually pissed off in that ending and never forgive Lucian despite him giving them land and riches to try to earn their loyalty back.

>The ending doesn't even entertain the idea that some random mug in the next 1000 years could have re-discovered how to drain the Veil since it was apparently easy enough for Fane's people to do it and how would Lucian stop them now that he's powerless?

I assume whoever drained the veil would have power similar to the 7 eternal assholes who did it the first time. Lucian's ending doesn't mean "no more Divine ever" in that sense, what has been repaired could always be rebroken.

Mages easily delete all encounters in the second half of the game, user. Don't fall for the memes.

You can do a heavy armored staff/knight.

Warfare/2h and some spells.

INT boosts staff damage
Warefare skills scale off int

But you WONT be doing a lot of physical damage.

Less than an hour until friday. I'm gonna make a pot of coffee and get ready for the patch.

the only bad part about mages is you will be in the back line so after encounters npcs will talk to your melee fags instead of your PC, hopefully they will change that in the next patch

just go to bed

I very much doubt that they'll be pushing the patch live to Steam at Midnight EU-time, go to bed and get a good night's sleep instead.

user you just sound buthurt that Lucian was right and justified all along and siding with him brings the best results. Yes, a lot of people died but more would have died if it was not for his actions to defeat the Black Ring and close the Veil bringing peace and prosperity to Rivellon. Its just your character growing a pair, admitting they were wrong, and letting he world prosper instead of continuing their foolish quest filled with blood lust and longing for revenge and power.

What is everyone in this game talking about, they just keep mentioning names that I never heard of and no one told me what they mean, should I go play the first game to understand?

there is so much wrong with the final fight it's insane

is it worth getting summon artillery plant with 0 points in summoning? (made myself the rule not to put any points in that because you people keep saying it breaks the game)

you're not supposed to be attacking that you dumbo

That's because you don't scale with two handed or warfare for that build.

Max out an elemental skill and use that staff type

here.
sorry didnt want to quote you

but to answer your question: no, you don't have to play the first game. it helps with knowing some of the names but it's not that important.

But nothing bad ever comes of it. It's just hand-waived away like "oh yeah they didn't join the alliance but it's happy sunshine and rainbows so that doesn't matter".

That's right, Fane even makes it explicitly clear that while lords of their people, the Seven were basically pretty ordinary schmucks with a bunch of political power before he told them how to become gods.

>

My issue isn't that the ending has everyone happy etc. I'm glad the psychic vampire gods are dead as much as anyone else. My issue is how everything turns out so hunky dory even though we have been led to doubt it the entire game. The entire game is this build up of terrible acts of slaughter and injustice that Lucian, Dallis & co. have been committing. Even when we fight out the gods have been feeding on souls etc. and are eventually killed / awe also know by then that the Divine was a perfectly legitimate stop-gap against the Void and it was Lucian who fucked the balance up in the first place by committing ACTUAL GENOCIDE.

By the time you have the chance to become Divine the gods are dead - so the Divine is now a concentration of ~100% of the power missing from the Veil, not ~50% that the gods gave as a stop-gap measure. It's clear that this power is enough to hold back the Voidwoken menace, whether it's in the body of one or shared between all. Giving everyone a chance to fight for their own volition - not under the thumb of some fake god, or taking the power into yourself and using it to fight against the void (as some RP characters would) are both better choices at the end from a character perspective because NOTHING we've seen in game hints at all at the possibility that putting the two monsters back on the seat of power is going to solve anything.

This is why becoming the Divine is the best ending possible.

teleportation hurting allies is stupid

The only wrong thing I found is that I had to lose my turn twice and wait to oneshot Braccus. Fuck that retarded mechanic that steals your turn because some faggot NPC has to talk and summon shit during combat.

but it's fucking no damage

cool

How is necro/summ?
I (rather typically) want me skeleman to be a lich boi

What happened here?

>you're not supposed to kill lucian
>you're not supposed to kill dallies
>you're not supposed to kill the kraken
>just kill brappus in 1 turn and finish the game lmao
how is this ok you fucking retard
final high has to be hard and epic, not some gimmicky easy shit

Lewdness, lizard. You are trained to identify lewdness from miles away with your reptile eyes.

they are waiting for patch

>how is this ok you fucking retard
it isn't
i'm just telling you like it is

how do I prevent steam from auto-downloading the new patch?