obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8gRFX_g3RA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST

WEEBSHIT GODOT WHEN

nth for unique backstories

You got something to hide, old boy ? Anyways, done pixeling for tonight before I lose a finger, hope I can get at least some basic combat shit done this week now that I have a dummy.
Is taxi driver guy still in the game ?

Damn that looks sick, what's the game like? What genre?

>Is taxi driver guy still in the game ?
yeah, I've been expanding the cast slowly

Talked about it in the last thread a bit :

Oh, amazing!
Unity asked me if I wanted to make a 3d or a 2d game when I started a new project

>camera angle is too low the character looks like a midget
>narrow viewport wasted on an empty white sky and a shitty wave effect
use the screen space better

Looking good user, I hope the animation doesn't prove too hard with such detailed art.

actually good points there, user. I will experiment with different solutions tomorrow, thanks

It's certainly going to be gnarly time-wise.

If I can't draw anything but little girls, how am I supposed to draw the backgrounds?
Should I make everything a little girl?

most certainly

Why draw background? Nobody's going to look at it if you've got little girls. On that note, post your little girls.

>dogscape but with lolis
instant cult classic

Its really only asking if you want a perspective camera or ortho. Thats it.

One of your boys really fucked up by putting a political "joke" in their game, getting pirated to fuck and back.

Take note.

turn the loli into a texture and stretch it to the size of the background

what kind of joke? what kind of game? please explain m8

who?

Are you talking about hat in time?

make everything a loli, the house is a giant loli, trees are lolis, things are lolis wearing cute outfits, actually this is not a bad idea, it's like lolis on stage.

Let's start a new era of loli assets /agdg/

working on a new enemy. What do you guys think about its colors??

he looks more like an NPC than an enemy and I don't know why
maybe it's his not-combat stance

could use more contrast between the hands / feet and the rest. but the rest looks perfect on its own

why is this frog so angry?

You have no sense of cohesion m8.
You have a blue wizard looking thing on a tropical island.

Didn't you get accused of stealing art assets at one point?

make your backgrounds out of girls, like pic related

the game is intended for the american market.

Is there a marketing for brainlets primer somewhere?

Hey jasozz / doot skeleton graveyard dev - you're welcome for the idea of adding your patreon to your viral post. Enjoy all those free patreonbux I gave you.

can you like change lighting, shader or color pallet? sprites are good but background and 3d elements looks like total shit, use some cell shading or something.
it's weird nobody ever said something about this.

>it's weird nobody ever said something about this.
we've told him forever his 2.5d is shit but he refuses to go back to 2d

>tfw Godot allows 2D and 3D at the same time in the same project
Unity BTFO yet again.

what if i want ortho for 3d??? why do they lie to users

jiiiiii

Progress on my third person controller. There's a 0.5 second window to jump after the start of a fall.

he has his wand raised and angry eyes. How could I make him look more like an enemy?

ok will work on that thanks

I think he has more of a blank look on face. Not sure how to make him look happier. I've tried though.

They aren't suppose to be from the island. They've been placed there. I think it'd make more sense if you knew the story.

Not that I know of. Everything was either made by me or I commissioned someone.

What do you suggest to change about the 3D assets? Whats wrong with the color pallet?

agdg is literally the only place I hear the 2.5D is bad and its still only about 10% of the replies that I get here. I do listen to all suggestions on how to improve it so if you have any.

shit op pic but on the bright side you used the correct pasta without le funny enginedev or panda3d links

I hope you chose wisely.

>They aren't suppose to be from the island.
they still look wildly out of place
And 2.5d isn't bad, but yours looks bad
>h2improve
get a new artist

where's recap for this week?

Oh shit that's out today isn't it
I was thinking it was tomorrow

Is it somehow related to AGDG?

>Is it somehow related to AGDG?
I don't think so, but who fucking knows what that guy was talking about. All I know is that I saw a thread on /v/ showing a political joke in the game

your 2.5d is worse than your 2d because of very lacking use of textures and colors

there is very strong pixelation with a lot of contrast between single objects, making them not look like they belong together; lack of any lighting/color gradient effects and very sparse use of even very simple shadows is also culprit - makes the entire scene feel more like something from a late java mobile game than a proper ps1 platformer
i've said it a while back, but not a whole lot seems to have improved yet, though there was that other webm with leaves on the grassy scene the other day

i'd suggest looking at the texturing of the objects since you are dealing with pixelart sprites, the platforms made of leaves look like shit and are out of place
if you make the scene less repetitive it should look a whole lot better

was it le epik Drumpf joke?

>What do you suggest to change about the 3D assets? Whats wrong with the color pallet?
As i said, the sprite colors is your usual cute pixel game, the background looks dull, not sure how to describe it, feels like plastic, something with less light than the sprite, which is off, make them brighter, are they shadeless or the default shader is that bad?
2.5D isn't bad, it's actually a great improvement from plain 2D and it's perfect for indies, i loved the n64 kirby game, but you don't have the limitations of old consoles so you can do better in terms of lighting and shaders. your style is good, i'm merely discussing the colors of 3d elements.

Is it true that A Hat in Time was developed here?

no

It was a "there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism" joke.

No, it was at least a little more dignified than that. It was a jab at capitalism IIRC. Pretty ironic considering it's in a product you pay money for, but whatever. Actually come to think of it, it could have been photoshopped bullshit considering /v/.

Where can I buy some fantasy or scifi digital paintings for use in my game as loading screen backgrounds? Graphics river has nothing.

Oh, hope its a little more subtle than YookaLaylee was. Probably not though.

>tfw definitely buying the game anyway
>tfw giving money to pinkos
>tfw teaching them the glory of capitalism

woah who is this seamon daemon? :3

it's like I'm looking at 3 different games at the same time. Nice 3D models though

filename you doofus

Progress: Added VR climbing, added threatening NPCs (which causes NPCs who see it to run away, the NPC who is threatened stands still and will later put their hands up and/or drop cash)

----[ Recap Complete ]----
recap.agdg.io/view?id=17094

nother day nother yesdev
youtu.be/8gRFX_g3RA0

steal all the textures you can, with 0 shame

if itch/gog add achievements it would be cool to have an independent service that grabs achievements from them and from steam and psn/whatever to have it all in one fucking place. i would also say fuck steam and switch to itch

cant risk losing your [10k words written] achievement.
you spent a whole 4 hours acting out the shining

A little juice and this baby will hit a trillion downloads

I feel it in my bones

>juice engine

Thanks!

Why do all your yesdevs seem like they end mid paragraph?

sdl2 has hardware acceleration, should i just bite the bullet and go with it?

Also love how drawing stuff with the Vectrex is more art than science. If you look closely at the top right, you can see the cube is not perfect, despite consisting of four vectors of equal length. Or maybe there's some magic I missed, I dunno, I'm pretty much winging this.

All I know is that I once tried to draw a space invader and it was a complete nightmare.

There's spiders and shit I'm not going there

because i dont ask for subscribes like youre used to

Even beyond that, they seem like they just end really abruptly.

Show the lolis

It's still far slower than it has any right to be. You will struggle to draw a tiled scene on a mid-range laptop at 60 FPS.

Is Blender's Eevee Engine worth getting hyped for?

Yes, absolutely.
It will be superior to anything else on the market.

Can Jai save us?

are you jumping rope? I don't understand what's happening since your box is clipping through the line but also stands on top of it

I'm throwing the box in a physically incorrect way.
The emulator has a weird lag effect and always draws two frames at once, not sure what's up with that.

I hope you've got each limb and body on a separate layer so you can move them around when animating. Whats happening with the feet?

Also a number of rotated frames would be needed for the gun if its going to be held in a position other than how it is currently

An allegory for his time on Steam

I've been enjoying the videos you've posted so far. Got any demo builds you've shared? Would love to check it out.

Honestly I love this whole gogem vs steam shit, he went from being a drunk tard and posting shit he never should have to "the poor little dev"'s defender or some shit. He literally never stop warping reality around himself in a way that make him marginal, yet "right".

I'm interested to see where this attitude of 'It's VR but fuck all of your compromises' gets you.

It's either going to be VR GOTY or a disaster.

I don't even know where to start with my game.
I got stuck on "1. setting"

Climbing in VR is fun

Not yet. I still need good enemy AI which is WIP, I'd say about a few weeks to a month before I have that going nicely. Been focused on making weapons and movement perfect (to my liking anyway, and they feel good now)

create the game mechanics first, lore will follow

But that's unamerican

forgot my vid

how tf do I make multiplayer using game maker??

Spent an hour deving. Somehow it didn't save my progress. Luckily I record all my dev sessions. Rebuilt from a video.

Have you tried a pogo stick? There's one in one of the hub environments.

That's still my favourite VR locomotion

>come home
>smoke a bowl
>walk the dog
>take a shower
>dev some vidya
>play some vidya with friends
This is the comfy life lads.What music do you listen while /yesdev/ing user?

Vive*

>1. setting
You've already failed.
Step 1 should always be gameplay.

The new Demetori album is pretty lit