/fg/ - Falcom General #111

Marriage material edition

Previous thread: Watch out: CS3 Spoilers in the thread.

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending:
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aOMAacUPWtM
youtube.com/watch?v=FVWZeFDpCt8
youtube.com/watch?v=yEQpIbv0kK4
youtube.com/watch?v=5f7hPYbDNH8
youtube.com/watch?v=x-8tsCb8zpI
streamable.com/dost0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As much as i love Falcom, after having beaten Tokyo Xanadu only recently, it's really hard to get into the bland writing (story, characters... you name it) of Ys 8. I anticipated that this would happen... I just wish Ys 8 would be more like TX (or rather LoH), which had such interesting worlds full of NPCs that felt alive.

I LOVE KLAUDIA

I chuckled. And Shio is best girl.

>tfw Legacy of the Wizard 2 never ever

Einhel Fortress is only the conning tower, the tip of the iceberg of the structure underneath.

Einhel is part of Arsenal Orbal Gear, and will be where Rean wakes up in 4

Nisa a shit
Sen a shit
PS4 a shit

anybody have a link for full version of Sen III OP+ED song?

>Crossbell intro
>Only SSS are present
>They die
What did Falcom mean by this

Calvard when?

Either a stupid foreshadowing or we will have another timefuckery

>CS1 intro: Crow and Millium missing, both die
>CS3 intro: Angelica missing, she dies
4th time the charm, fuck the syntax

Sky a shit
Crossbell a shit
PC a shit

No Cedricposting allowed.

Aurelia was also missing in CS3 intro.
Welp, RIP Miss Erebonia in CS4.

Spoiler user is having a day.
General reminder that Crow is going to win.

It's going to happen. There are no (((coincidences)))

Crow was the real protagonist of the story all along.
The entire Sen series is a big Life of Brian but in videogame form.

Is Prince Cedric gonna have to choke a bitch?

I wonder if Crow's going to take Rean to task for stealing his coat.

Hey Cedric I hear Rean is waiting on you to come over so he can give you his Holy Beast treatment

>the state of trails and falcom

I love Juna!

To be fair there's actually a significant difference beyond Aurelia just not being there.

In the original intro, Duvalie and co face off against Rean and his pals. In the actual scene where Aurelia's there she tells them to get lost instead before she wrecks them and they do.

I hate Alisa.

Ys is dead. Legend of Heroes has just dead. Not Xanadu.

Xanadu died when they decided to upsurp the series name for Tokyo.

At least the dead series can stay dead.

Nah, Xanadu has been dead for a while...

Did Duvalie and co not even question why they were helping Jaegers open fire against the city with artillery cannons? I'm not sure if this is right but, she apparently states that much like Hamel, her village had received a similar fate, so it feels weird for her to help. And even then, the thing that seemed to make her shocked was Arianrhod summoning her ghost Divine knight, the Corageous being blown up, and turning the world into pure shit.

yes that was their whole sthick

Being told that you're on the right side of history is a helluva drug. It makes people do horrible shit.
She isn't the first person to ever get cold feet in Kiseki, and she won't be the last.

That mainly has to do with NISA's poor translation

I'd say it has more to do with his laughable shitpost pretending Tokyo Xanadu had good characters and an interesting world.

Tokyo Xanadu has shittier writing and gameplay regardless of translation quality.

It's what Sharon and Rean point out in CS2: She's too nice to be an enforcer

I figure that, instead of thinking they are in the right, they have way too much faith in Arianrhod being a paragon of good intentions, even through harsh methods, plus they are most likely feeling indebted to her for maybe saving them or something.

What i don't get is, why she looked so disturbed at seeing her Divine knight. Did she state how her village ended up being destroyed?

Will Duvalie be the Fast Craft Man of CS?

Loewe helped commit far worse, on a far larger scale, despite literally being from Hamel.

Loewe doesn't believe he's fighting for justice

What? As far as i'm aware, his track record is murdering a bunch of people who took part, or were part of the the Paradise lodge, trashing the shop center of a city in Liberl, and burning the plants in a farming village. He didn't directly kill anyone innocent i think, though i don't deny he was being harsh too.

His idea was that, people needed to be shaken up by having something bad happen around them, so they'd be wary and ready for a future problem, as to not let something like Hamel happen again.

I don't think Arianrhod is either. She clearly has her own plans and motives. Doobie and the rest just have absolute trust in her so of course they'd think what she's doing is right and keep pushing away any doubts.

It's a hard sell to believe in justice if you're fucked over by justice. Especially if it's in the name of something larger than yourself, because it will always, always sound like you don't matter that much. That has never been a popular message.

Zemuria got anime?
Loewe was in it for pure destuction and chaos.

You're just brainlets

How silly and obnoxious would Loewes crafts be in this day and age?

Or do you think they would keep him simple yet devastating.

>Even before I knew his VA, I kept reading Loewe's lines like if he was a Midorikawa character
The late 90s, early 00s era is so predicatable that it hurts.

Same. I knew he had to be voiced by greenriver.

What's the bet she just wants to revive Dreichals and actually win the bowl this time?

>Roselia and Her were just lonely women who wanted to bang Dreichels the entire time.

According to one of the black records, which talks about Dreichels years later after the war, and after his own wife had already died of old age, he apparently hears Ari call out to him or something, and he was being pestered by a "darkness". Whatever happened after that, i figure is the key to her motivations, since she has been wandering aimlessly for years prior to that i think.

youtube.com/watch?v=FVWZeFDpCt8
>Rean bonds with the cakes more in canon than with girls his own age or younger
What did Falcom mean by this?

it means he's a grown adult user

youtube.com/watch?v=yEQpIbv0kK4
Meant to put the Sara video too.

It means he's a slut.

So grown adult men lust after women older than themselves?
How so?

It's a common thing, fellow human.

I thought Claire kissed his lips

No but if she did she would have automatically won the Reanbowl. He already pops boners over it with just a cheek as seen here.

>Kurt was Popular in his hometown
Very cute

youtube.com/watch?v=5f7hPYbDNH8

Why is she so based guys?

>Touches cheeks, and remembers Claire kissed the other one too

I bet he was wondering "Why does this keep happening, i'm not even aiming for it."

>watch video
>one of the thumbnail recommendations show pic related
Thank fuck I don't need to avoid spoilers

Everything about that is uncontrollable hype.

>headpat students
>hugs/hand-holding with alisa, laura and emma
>get kiss from sara
>5' later get kiss from clair
It's nice he's not being shy about it but actual romance is irrelevant and optional so he's technically leading everyone on.

Why didn't Osborne laugh at Olivert's death? Isn't he the villain who wants the world to be enveloped in DARKNESS?

He's not leading on any of his students though. In fact he disproves of it if Musse interactions are anything to go by.

His thought when the corageous blew up, was of Olivier's declaration on that star door from the 3rd. If anything, i think he respected Olivier.

Musse's the only one he turns down every time which makes perfect sense cause she kinda tried to mind fuck him.

>Fie's S-Craft is Gunblade Funnel

youtube.com/watch?v=x-8tsCb8zpI

So this is the power of Nightmare? Not bad...

That, and because she's his student. I don't think he even realized what she tried to do did he?

His relationship with Juna seems to be Platonic on his side. Altina it's hard to say since she was developing emotions this game but I don't think he was trying romance her either.

The fight with her is annoying as fuck, you have the Trio buffing up and healing healing + speed, and i'm not even sure if you get an all cancel arts or skill. He line attack has AT delay, her spin attack pushes everyone around and lowers SPD, and if you are caught casting when she gets a turn, she'll use that all map hitting skill that rains thunder on everyone, which all cancels all your buffs and cancels casting. Meanwhile spear uses craft shield, and hard hits, Duvalie uses aiment attacks and AT delay, and arrow AoE + AT up arrow that she loves to use on Arianrhod.

Is Rean going for a School Days anime ending?

So, I assume this is the hardest fight in the game then?

I guess Falcom decided just to make all of the old girls interested in Rean because they couldn't do save imports.

I don't think any of Rean's potential love interests would go that far.

I'm not saying he's actively romancing anyone though, more like the opposite. He's too approachable and free with physical contact so everyone else can easily get the wrong idea making it look more harem-y than before.

This fight isn't as hard as you make it out to be, you just have to break them to cancel their buff.

Burst has +900% break damage tied to it.

Fights in Chapter 1 and early chapter 2 are pretty hard too on nightmare due to being early game with no access to very good quartz yet.

I wonder how hard Falcom is going to nerf Break in CS4. Its definitely a nice idea but it seems like every fight boils down to Sledgehammer/Break Damage Up Order + Burst and then mash their faces in afterwards from what i'm hearing.

Hence why i said it's annoying. It's not ungodly hard, but if you're hit with the right combo of their arsenal, you can get fucked in the ass real easy.

Oh he was always gay for Osborne

Yes but he wasn't completely poisoned by his ideas yet.

He did, he felt something like his head becoming strange when she was doing her heart and soul thing on him

I warned Olivier about nipping that thorn in the bud but he didn't listen. Now that cute kid is hooked on robot drugs and sucking osborne dick.

Maybe if he lusted after the younger Osborne things would've been different

She doesn't seem malicious though, so i wonder what her deal is. She was praying her "prediction" wouldn't come to pass.

Both times she tried to trick him Ash was nearby, so maybe something to do with that?

streamable.com/dost0
>Jusis and Millium have the most unique and fun victory skit thus far
Wh-What did they mean by this? And when will Jusis finally give Millium the hug she wants and needs?

Depends - not counting bonding events, Alisa and Laura are very huggy when they him, with Emma less so for whatever reason. Sara and Claire seem into him, Fie looks to be in the same spot as Emma is, Alfin and Elise are Alfin and Elise, and I haven't seen enough of Sharon to really know.

Never, she'll be fondled by Valimar or Testa-Rossa from now on

>tfw even Joshua is better at being a girl than Estelle
Is there anything that Estelle is good at? She seems painfully average in battle.

That they're too good for this game. And never ever

Why are Alisa and her dad quite the lookers but George is an ugly fat fuck?

Alisa cause Irina genes. Her dad cause it's magic he ain't gotta explain shit.

They're setting her up as his little sister that he finds annoying, this way it will hurt him more when she croaks.

When Juna dropped the -kun when talking with Kurt?

>little sister
Go away Rean. You already have 10 other girls. so let someone else have a love life.

one liners