Seventeen Thousand Islands Edition
Previous thread: /rstg/ /cbg/

STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzumMDawSNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wiz is cute

>play ES2
>Horatio declares war on me to take my systems instead of settling the unoccupied 4-5 planet systems right beside him

I guess just because you've got a big head doesn't mean you have a big brain.

2nd for Amplitude art

What makes you say that?

Megumin is cuter.

You posted the reason why

ESTUS LOCATED

I love that anomaly, but it always spawns on shitty planets for me like Tiny Monsoon or some other garbage.

>2017 (colorized)
Why would be in black & white in the first place?

It was taken by Canadian photographers, so it used to be in colour.

Is hyperspace still shit in 1.8.1?

Why do we still not have Perfect Organism empires that don't use energy, only food and minerals, and use biobuildings and bioships?

Why do we still not have Psionic Being empires that don't use minerals, only food and energy, and use psionic buildings and psionic ships?

Why does wiz hate fun?

>Why does wiz hate fun?
Because Wiz tries his hardest ot make your experience as linear and restrictive as possible.

Harmony in Endless Space 2 when?

Good luck on that tiny lava planet you shitstirring bitches.

Please wait for out next DLC faithful customer. Only $20.00

how am i even supposed to have the money for a military in ES2? if i play anyone but the space frogs, i'm bankrupt.

Build more dust production buildings, build less unnecessary buildings because upkeep is a bitch, keep an eye on hero upkeep, git gud

Lrn 2 make money. Don't build buildings everywhere when they'll only give a fraction of their total output because you're missing planet types. Also save the expensive buildings for specialized systems. Upkeep is what murders your economy.

wait, you're not supposed to build all buildings at all systems?

There's usually no point building any of the happiness buildings unless you're a maniac who just conquers every system he encounters, or you settle nothing but lava/toxic planets.
You only really need one system with fleet xp buildings too.

>need 2 Antimatter to build a special building
>try to trade with my (((ALLY)))
>this

I have some time while the AI has its thumb up its own ass. What kind of fleet should I build to counter this?

Been replaying some Perimeter, because it's a game I really liked as a kid.

In retrospect, it was a pretty terrible game, and it turns out that the Emperor's Testament version that you can find on Steam is even worse. The orignal game had three races (Exodus, Empire and Harkbak), the Emperor's Testament only has two.
First time I hear of the stand alone having less stuff than the vanilla game.

They grow up so far.

I have literally never been able to trade for anything with the AI in ES2, ever. This includes peace, unless they offer it you're not getting it no matter how far right the acceptance bar will go. It also includes """"tribute"""" when I, out of sheer curiosity one game, sent free cash to the cravers after they started cussing me out for being too weak.
>1000 dust
>AI refuses
>Next turn: "YOU DIDN'T PAY YOUR TRIBUTE"
>ok.jpg

Guess it's time for another match where the Militarists will have 90% senate control...

>Make peace and start trading with Horatio
>Help him fight off cravers
>Make lots of money together
>Open diplomacy to trade some luxury resources
>We apologize if you are peeved, but Horatio must do what is best for Horatio

How could this happen to me?!

Cheap cannon fodder, or just go with KA + plasma cruisers.

>In retrospect, it was a pretty terrible game
I got it when it was already old, 2007 or something, but I really enjoyed it. Can't remember much about it other than DUDE FRAMES LMAO tho

So my fleet of 30 Battleships is useless?

What should I outfit my corvettes with?

Are there any worthwhile mods for Stellaris?

Usually they are mandatory for Paradox games but nothing really catches my eye

Don't bother. Just go to their planets and occupy them.

With your mineral income? Just submit to demands and wait until AE decadence hits high enough levels to declare independence war. By the time you whittle this fleet down, there will be two more coming for you with twice the strength if this FE just awakened.

I also enjoyed it asa kid, but now that I replayed it, it's pretty meh. The turrets are pretty powerful but quite fragile, and it's really difficult to recover your forces.

You see, there's a bug that they never fixed, but it in the vanilla game or in the stand-alone : when you order new troops to be produced, they have to move to your squad to be counted in. But if you morph your units, the units in transit are also merged in, except that they don't appear in the unit count. In other word, they disappear from the game.

And because of Howitzers being a thing, it's perfectly possible to just build howitzers and move them forward. I think it's called a turret push.

If the game wasn't so full of bugs I'd almost think it was an intentional thing for the Cravers where they just want you to degrade yourself.

Tried that. Their second fleet beelined for me and took out my entire fleet. So I savescummed back.

Can't. It's not my war.

>It's not my war.
You're screwed then. Just do the song and dance where you avoid their fleet with your own, and keeping taking back your own planets whenever they land their fleets. Their movements are pretty predictable, you can keep them circling around the same 2-3 planets forever if you have a fast enough ftl. Eventually they might get sued for white peace and just maybe you won't lose anything.

You only need the Sorian AI mod.

It's not useless, actually. Just combine it with other ships unless you only like to use one type of ship.

It's useless against AFE. Titans will one shot your shit, and unless you have 1k+ mineral income, it will be hard as shit to replace all your losses. Instead go search for the 1.8 cruiser meta on leddit and build like a 100 cruisers with the bomber + energy torp + plasma loadout.

You make a good argument. I'll start building cruisers.

>bomber + energy torp + plasma loadout.
I don't have any of that. I've been maining rail guns and more recently torpedos.

Also I'm using 1.5.

Multiplayer scene was great though (15-20 players in good times top). Variety of tactics with counters and forks, different games entirely for duels, ffa and 2v2, community patches and maps. Still the most original rts I played.

Am I the only one who despises the "Military Power" ranking shit in Stellaris?

>fight ai navy of 80k military power with 136k military power fleet
>my fleet is absolutely stomped

Other times, I'll stomp the AI when they have higher military power. Like, what does this metric even mean if it doesn't actually have any impact on the game's combat at all?

Probably. I never played multiplayer.

By the way, if you want to get it on Steam, DON'T pick the Emperor Testament. It's shittier than the vanilla one.
And the sequel seems pretty atrocious as well. It's like SupCom 2 : it's massively casualized, with a lot less units.

it's only a very vague notion of the respective strengths of your fleets.

fleet composition, leaders, what weapons & shields both sides have will all impact on the actual combat.

I'm starting to think minmaxing military power isn't a good thing. Maybe the aiuto-best ships are actually not bad.

>Why does wiz hate fun?
Paracucks need to balance the game for the 3 people who play multiplayer.

In 1.5 forget the bombers, they're shit until 1.8. They only made them recover during the battle in the latest patch, in 1.5 once they get shot down once you basically lost an entire weapon module (which you can use against some types of AFEs as well with your high pd fleet). Try and beeline for plasma and disruptors as fast as possible instead, otherwise no point even trying to attack the AFE, you'll just get rekt. It usually gets unlocked sometime after you get tier 2 or 3 lasers. Best 1.5 loadout for cruisers is probably something like 5 med plasma, 1 lge disruptor, and a flak cannon helps sometimes too if your AFE bomber spams. Also, build high evasion corvettes with plasma and torps (later energy torps) and afterburners for screening purposes, they'll make a bunch of enemy shots miss early on before they start retargeting. For your engineering research try and get to battleships and kinetic artillery as fast as possible, then giga cannon. They'll be useful for that long range bombardment later.

the only two things that matter in stellaris are fleet power & mineral production.

I played ET the day of it's release, still got on CD I think. Yeah it's shitty since the main studio creative man was gone by that point, but ET builds bridge in lore between Perimeter and Vangers.
Didn't play perimeter 2 or maelstorm, studio became shit.

It only matters for one thing: AI fleet threat calculations for the broken diplomacy. You won't get dogpiled as long as the AI believes your fleet is hot shit, even if it's just a 1000 naked corvettes that will get roflstomped by a few cruisers with autocannon loadouts.

I have my eyes on Meridian for a moment, I'm looking for a new RTS for a while, and 8-bits proved to be... a bit lacking, and I'm already familiar with Cossacks 3 to tackle the AI in normal.
And no, I'm not interested in trying in hard. Since it get unfair advantage, the only way to win is to abuse the AI.

...and mineral production only matters insofar as it pertains to production and maintenance of fleet power.

> start new game of Stellaris
> it contains both my empire from the immediate previous game I played
> and one of my empires from over a year ago, as a Fallen Empire
Fucking finally, 24 games and this is only the third time it's picked even one of /myguys/

You know you can force spawn them in if you want

Can you even spawn them as FE?

Page 10 again. You don't even trying.

It's time to let go.

I see they still haven't fixed the major problems with the first game.

Nevereverletitgo.

GOVERNED BY THE EARTH EMPIRE HUMANITY ENTERED A GOLDEN AGE OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY

How is this religion balenced?

Take xenoindustrial infrastructure for instance. In a system with zero temperate or fertile worlds you're only getting the +10 per planet. On a fresh system with one planet colonized that's worse than drone networks because with those you're at least getting food as well.
The same is true with interplanetary transports, without strategic resources you're getting +1 ind per pop which is garbage unless it's an xbox huge system and fully populated. Then there's the +20% science building. It costs 8 dust per turn and unless your system is already making about 150-200 science it's going to pull in less than public private partnerships on a single good planet. You can spam dust production everywhere but when you do you have to value how much dust it's going to add and how much your industry is worth for those turns you can't build something more important.
This is why people usually rush for the dosh or science generator techs so you can put industry to use when a system has nothing good to build, not just when it has nothing left to build.

You know how in fiction eldritch horrors and stuff have a bunch of tentacles? The same thing for the Riftborn, but instead of being organic and squishy, it is mechanical and not squishy.

so where are the mechanical tentacles then

>Not in a desert
>No desert folklore
>No Petra
Seems balanced to me

Didn't Petra get blown up a few months ago?

I haven't played civ5 in a few years

Nope.
Play Distant Worlds or Aurora and forget that pile of garbage.

There are literally 8 in picture.

Those games are too autistic though.

If you have a good pc you could try massive galaxies.
It lets you play on 1500,3000,5000 and 10000 star galaxies.

missile boats are hilarious in ES2

There is no such thing especially if you are talking about DW.
Dont be a fag dude.

I meant autistic as in its hell to learn how to play those games in the first place.
One day I'll probably get to Aurora.

But its not that hard. Its autism is really overrated. Its like every other 4x, you gather resources, build shit and kill xenos. Its mechanics are waaay easier to understand than for example Star Ruler 2.

Tbh I looked at the ecnomics tab and there were like 20 subtabs.

All of them clearly labeled and less than five used more often than once a year - production, research and shipyards are used often, rest not so much.

I'll take another look at it then.

Where can I download an abandonware version of Civ2 with all the movies and nothing removed, and is already patched to run on 64-bit. A year ago I downloaded a perfect version like that from some site, but I can't seem to find it right now... If anyone knows the site I'm talking about please share. Thank you.

>use mods
>w-why isn't this balanced
Golly gee, why could it be

I didn't have chance to try new g2g balance mod yet, but it seems like missiles are even more shit now and energy weapons are now the same.

So I tried Perimeter. Not ET, just Perimeter.

While it runs a bit better than ET, it puts a few interesting things in perspective. For example, the basic laser tank and the ultra heavy laser tank have the same bullet, despite one dealing roughly 3x the other's damage.

Sniper and Limo IIRC? They have very different energy consumption.

Yeah, but what I mean is that their projectiles are identical. Same with the rocket launcher and the R-projector.

It's just a detail, but I noticed that, and it bothered me a bit.

Playing Aurora, what should I name my French colonies lads?
There aren't even natives whose names I can re-use, that's unfair.

Game uses limited number of projectiles, that's all. Only lasers and subsurface torpedoes can cross terrain though.

Nouvelle Rennes.
Kermilien.
Ker Omnes.
Ker Opers.
Ker Gualamen.
Ker Gres.
Kermilien.
Ker Breizh.
Fierté de Breizh.
Ker Cadelac.
Ouessant.
Saint Brieuc.
Ploufragan.
Plouvara.
Plougastel.
Celle d'en haut.
Celle d'en bas.

>perimeter
youtube.com/watch?v=SzumMDawSNc

Yeah, I noticed that in the campaign. Funnily enough, Planetary Annihilation has the same issue where missiles can sometimes hit the ground.

Yeah, that one. Weird, but the vanilla game is better than E.T.

French, not Breton.
Breton genocide best day of my life.

Okay, pédé, t'es un homme mort.
French don't even exist, they're German/Gauls mongrels. They don't even have an identity on their own, they just steal whatever they find, and their naming sense suck.

Isn't there like a French naming there ingame you could steal ideas from?

Is there a list of what AI Personalities get what room backgrounds?
Whenever I'm making a custom empire I need to load then into a game to see what personalities they'll get then load up another game to try and get a random empire of the same personality to check what room they should be getting.
It flares up the autism otherwise.