/ss13g/ - spessstation on a spess man

Last Thread: Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>Is it alright to disobey the Captain because in favor of spess law? Our top security officers debate this question.
>Nonantag assistant finds out the door wires, looses the singularity in minutes
>Vampstended

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/HQA4Mhm

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/issues?q=is:open is:issue label:Exploitable label:"⚠️ OH GOD IT'S LOOSE ⚠️"
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR SKRELLS AS ROUNDSTART RACE

There is a pastebin at the bomb of the OP.
Click the link, ctrl+a, ctrl+c. Faster than mouse highlighting.

Trinity, for god's sake, you're digging yourself a gigantic hole. What even is the problem? That your routine was interrupted and you didn't like it?

People have already pointed out that the Captain's word has power over Space Law on Veeky Forums, they already pointed out that the sentence was in fact LONGER than what you intended, and they even already pointed out that he was in cuffs *the entire time*. The fact that you're still trying to defend how you flew off the handle and acted like a loose cannon - tasering, cuffing, and trying to arrest the Captain over something that was causing no harm to anyone and wasn't, in fact, breaking any laws - is frankly really immature.

Kind of sad, too, because I remember having fun roleplaying with you when you weren't acting like that.

Stop shilling your shitty japanese scooby doo VN.

I really want to love this game but the UI and the wiki are such steaming horse shit. Basically nothing about the game is explained and from what I gather most people just literally dive into the code to reverse-engineer the workings of the game for themselves, then there's some elitist circlejerk around "ha ha I know this and you don't".
There's so much basic shit, even about important roles, that is never explained, and yet you get slapped with administrative action if you don't already understand them.
For example, why would I take a pin pointer?

>spoiler
>being a tranny apologist
You go to dorms, don't you?

So you or someone else can see where the disk is if it ends up getting taken by nuclear operatives.

Jokes on you faggot I love classic Scooby Doo too

What's next? Going to insult my taste by comparing it to prime rib?

>being a tranny apologist
Can you stop forcing your talking points at the drop of a hat, /pol/? I've had fun roleplaying with Trinity in past rounds. Where exactly does that refer to Trinity's player being or not being transgender?

This is why almost nobody uses randombody even if they use randomname.
I am a nigger with long purple hair and neon green eyes. And this thing is supposed to be male, too.

>tiptoes around the question
Haha, you are one of those faggots.
I don't go to /pol/.

>People have already pointed out that the Captain's word has power over Space Law on Veeky Forums, they already pointed out that the sentence was in fact LONGER than what you intended, and they even already pointed out that he was in cuffs *the entire time*. The fact that you're still trying to defend how you flew off the handle and acted like a loose cannon - tasering, cuffing, and trying to arrest the Captain over something that was causing no harm to anyone and wasn't, in fact, breaking any laws - is frankly really immature.

This is a massive tangent that is no longer in any way relevant to what was a pretty minor incident, but the Captain is not above Space Law. The thing is about that though, of course, is that one ought only to arrest arrest for something really dire. (And I do agree that the shenanigags the Captain was engaging in did not warrant that.)

I've only ever arrested Captains/Acting Captains twice during my time playing Security. The first time was when the HoP Acting Captain was handing out guns from the armory and refusing to stop. The second time was when the Captain tortured a mentally disabled clown to death in the permabrig without telling anyone, and without good cause, and then tried to play it off as though it was a legal execution. I think those are some good reference points for when to bother arresting the Captain; always for severe stuff and never for the meme-tier shenanigags.

Ha ha, your question makes no sense.

One of these days I'll start proofreading.

>The thing is about that though, of course, is that one ought only to arrest [the Captain] for something really dire.

I should have also added that there was no reason for the HoP to be handing out guns, that it wasn't lowpop wiz, etc.

+ finding the Captain's spaced corpse
+ when it's MALF
+ it's an item antags can be assigned to steal

>+ when it's MALF
wait, what?

If the AI shunts, it points to their APC

You also want it for arming the nuke if an overgrown blob has eaten the disk.

>muh LOREZ is more important than the round and everyone else in the server

what are these words even supposed to mean?

If you can't appreciate forcing a draw, there is not enough salt in the world to let you enjoy food.

you do realize that centcomm has to give the captain or acting cap the nuke code for blob, and everytime I've seen the nuke been set off in blob(like once out every 20 blob rounds), it was set off not too long after the blob had virtually won the round. instead of the rock cooking and you lose and die, it's the rock cooking, you win, and you die. It's nothing more than alternate endgame flavortext for an already lost battle

yes great idea
the climax of a great battle is a sudden "game over" screen for everyone
fuck everyone who was still playing i can't wait to wait 7 more minutes until I can play again
the LoRe wills it

What's lore got to do with sudden g'over screens?

this card, fucking kek.

It gets better, it does care why the counters were removed.

I use random body only to give ideas for a reasonable character. It isn't hard to scroll through random body during the lobby for a minute until you get something decent or something easily changed to be decent. I guess you can argue it's not random, but it's a nice meeting point between a normal character and randomness.

I see you bro, but check THIS

DERKA BTFO THE FUCK OUT
STAY GONE WE ALL HATE YOUR FUCKING FAGGOT GUTS

I guess I need to join in too.

you do realize that any method of verification this way can be foiled with a very slight adjustment of your browser, right?

If you don't, then I will keep my secrets.

yes everyone does but nobody cares enough either way

Explain how a webm of the live website isn't proof, like honestly son what kind of damage control is this

>mfw I realize I'm the samefag singularity and literally everyone who posts in this thread is me
>mfw not invited to the discord where everyone else is

samefag
:^)

rightclick
inspect element
welcome to many years ago

FUCK

honestly if we just removed all the colors aside from black, brown, red, and black and used the regular haircuts then we wouldn't have our characters look like something straight out of deviantart

OC IC, ban Mask2697

>Can usually tell when someone is new
>Always offer to help new people
>Ctrl-C my personal Chemistry cheatsheet onto a piece of paper for anyone new in medbay/chem
>Gave a copy to the chemist in this round
>"Uh, thanks but I'm fairly educated"
>Dumps it in trash
>Sigh and walk away
>40 minutes later there's no mix biomass or even keloderm
Every. Single. Time. Does autism make you unable to accept help or something? This happens fucking constantly.

Could you gimme that?

post cheatsheet

Blast?

Nope.

why the fuck is jean/grim such a sad sack of shit? they get told they're too hungry for arrest valids and they immediately get all depressed and shit. it's ridiculous.

I'm all for Hanlon's razor, but chemy was cult.

I think a better, but harder to implement option would be the ability to whitelist haircuts/colours/underwear/eye colour/skin tone for your character prefs. That way, you can have always random body and know your character will be tanned with an afto and any kind if beard for example.

Yeah yeah, WYCI. Speaking of which, I still can't believe the background of preview screen for characters is pitch black instead of the grey/grey checkers.

If anyone here was emotionally stable they would not be from Veeky Forums

>Not wanting to use meme arrows

>On Veeky Forums

>Getting triggered on this.

>> To the /trash/ with you!

Unknown-as-Captain, I bequeath to you this tasty food in effigy and beg you add weighted random appearance options.

(You)
Daily reminder its okay to admit you were wrong.

Join as an assistant, go to the department you want to learn and ask if they will teach you. Veeky Forums is pretty well-known for teaching new players how to do things IC. Just no one wants to do it in the thread.

breadsticks are shit
real bread is better

>>Ctrl-C my personal Chemistry cheatsheet onto a piece of paper for anyone new in medbay/chem
I used to do that as a CMO. It did nothing.

Don't be scared of arresting heads of staff
80 percent of the time they're not an experianced enough player for the role anyway and their presence makes things worse

Was that to the guy who gassed himself and lost more than half his blood as his lungs melted?

What a lazy bar.

OK

Tbh I was dissappointed too, I didn't get enough time to put in wood flooring and tables like I wanted since botany was cult, and with the power failure, chemist gassing himself,
zas from hull breaches, and science being lazy/rogue, I just couldn't do it. I'll probably make a far cooler one over the weekend but you aren't wrong.

I had a fun experience doing that when I was newish. I got to learn chemistry from Probe back before he was admin. We made one if those super cryomixes with bluespace beakers.

He put coffee in it. Actually, I don't know if coffee worked in the mix back then, but it's fun to pretend he fucked up.

I actually planned to make it with wood flooring and with a wood table as well as setting up one or two side tables to serve booze too.

Sadly their was a massive shootout in the medbay moments later.

This is also a great way to approach your target.

Before thermohomeostasis regulators, coffee was my best friend. You'd pop someone out of cryo, give 'em a sip, and then shake them once and they'd be back up.
And yeah, doing that can show you a lot of the wonders of the game.

This is a dumb post. it's never cool when shitcurity overblow your sentance 4noraisen. Maybe it's normal for you tg refugees

>Hacking in somewhere to get something
>Sec sees me
>Brace for tasing
>Frank:"Hey buddy, need something?"
>Tell him my plan
>"Hrm... Yeah, alright, help me out with this and I'll help you out"
>Know for a fact if it was Jean I would have been tazed and cuffed on sight then dragged to interrogation without a word then stripped naked and humiliated

She's not as bad as Trinity, but still shitcurity.

>when shitcurity overblow your sentance 4noraisen
dumb faggot, his sentence was "extended" because the captain took him drinking and the prisoner was fine with it
it dealt with the problem in a more interactive and interesting way than "lol 2x3"

Which Frank?

Sounds like what you want is shitcurity fampai

>commit crime at someone's expense
>we have to reward them with "interactivity"
you shitter side is showing through TGscum

Dude, chill, its just a game.

>rotating a window into engineering
>sec officer runs into me
>silent staring
>"Put it back"
>quietly put it back
>he walks away
I've never been antagonized harder in my life.

>glass cube is healthier for the game than something that makes the round more interesting for the prisoner, the captain, AND the bartender

In the actual mix, nowadays, coffee increases body temp making cryo useless. I just don't know whether that was the case back then (like a year or two ago, before Thermothingies and just after the whole meltdown about deff maint bears and overpowered AI core)

It's a mixed bag because if you get rejected by a possible teacher you kinda just have to fund your own fun as an assistant, which can be pretty hard for a newish player. Is it metagay to check manifest before latejoining to see if there's a competent static you think would tutor?

Honestly, as security you need to balance out your paranoia with the fact that the more the crew hates you the more they will actively try to fuck with you. You need to come off on a case by case or you will suffer for it.

suprising since the server gets so mad when you singuloose or bomb the whole station to the point where you try and get people banned just for playing the game

really makes you think........

Can you faggots please remember to post the link to the new thread when the old one's dying?

>join as detective
>see frank white, sec officer, trinity prewitt, sec officer, Frank Bickerson, HoS.
>myself a non-static name long time sec player
>fucking Jean Blancy joins as a sec officer
>know it's gonna be a long round of trying to internally fight shitcurity with the two Franks
>luckily it was cult

why are waifu sec players such overbearing faggots?

You're allowed to OOC plan out a round and what you and a buddy (or mentor) will join as before the round starts. You are also allowed to check manifest. Its only metagaming if you go out of your way to metagrudge them or communicate OOC AFTER you have joined the game.

Blame shitcurity

disregard trinity and jean
immerse yourself in the Twinfrank Vatican

>Is it metagay to check manifest
Any info visible from the lobby is not ick. It's not ick to ock it and it's not metagay to act on it.

neither frank is shitcurity tho
Frank White was the thread's darling for like a month because of how cool he was
and Frank Bickerson just caught heat up thread for being too nice to a prisoner

Also note that LOOC chat and IC in OOC are two different things, so long as you do not share round-altering (i.e. what roundmode it is, who fucked you up, who killed you,etc.) in it, its totally okay.

That includes meming, apologizing, asking how badly you fucked yourself up this time to a surgeon, or asking questions to another player without breaking RP.

why are there so many damn Franks

Because they are all filthy.

Quiet frankly, it's because it's a good name.

there are only two and they are some of the most robust players on the server
Frank "The Tank" White and Frank Bickerson who is an ultimate oldfag

Frank Mcrib tho

>t.detective who did nothing all shift

he's the cook

you misundertood. I was calling Trin and Jean shitcurity. I am well aware that both franks are great sec players.

What's the worst bug in the game right now?

Point to the section of the rules or space law where the captain has word over space law.

Please go right ahead, (You) can't because it's against the rules and against space law. An officer is well within their rights to arrest the captain for interfering with an arrest and detaining somebody twice as long as they're supposed to be.

how do I join the Frank metaclub

You need to gather your chromosomes until you can begin travelling dimensions.

>break the law
>don't arrest you
Yeah, somebody is shitcurity for actually following space law as a SECURITY officer.

Can someone help me optimize my cryo mix?

2u Sulfur
3u Oxygen
2u Water
5u Salt
5u Nutriment
5u Blood
20u Coffee
20u Sugar
10u Milk
9u Ale
27u Whiskey
17u Cognac
5u Uranium
9u Cola
-2u Whiskey Cola
-1u B-52
-3u Kahlua
-1u Irish Car Bomb
-5u Enzyme
-1u Sacid
25u Beer

github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/issues?q=is:open is:issue label:Exploitable label:"⚠️ OH GOD IT'S LOOSE ⚠️"

There's a handful, take your pick.

Quick question. If the HoS orders you to pardon someone, would you?

I don't know about Jean but Trinity isn't overbearing at all, threaddies like you just shitpost a lot.