Eve online general /eog/

permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the UPDATED /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg (embed) (embed)

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Lifeblood "expansion" Oct 24. updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Rifter nerf at last

Past:
>Nothing, who cares
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/65119956/
zkillboard.com/kill/65121572/
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1119663#search=Eve_Online
rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/9bd496b6dbf95efc00412d3456206b8a/1980405 - Eve_Online caracal.jpg
zkillboard.com/kill/65127540/
youtube.com/watch?v=myW0e_3Y8rE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is how the op should be from now

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
>If you have to ask, you can't do it.

apocalypse buff when suitonia

Jump and align, jump and align.

Join Dronelands today! Quiet deep sovnull, safe ratting space, cheap systems for rent. Comrade xXDEATHXx is waiting for YOU!

report dronefags

>shitpost general cant keep itself from falling off
I'm almost disappointed, but I kind of want it to die.

>want it to die
Why?

they usually announce new things at vegas right

>new things
More skins, I hope.

weren't they going to do a thing ages ago where you can put up billboards in your space and put memes or whatever on them

zkillboard.com/kill/65119956/
How to counter?

damps

use a full pimp garmur with snakes

valimor legacy skin

zkillboard.com/kill/65121572/

Heretic
Civilian Gatling Autocannon

>guristas capitals and shipyards details removed from eve updates page
Confirmed ccp scrapping content and trying to hide it

>guristas anything
fuck that shit

>that claw kill

literally nothing unusual

oneiros

Such a cute couple.

I need the bong ripping, rorqual comms pasta where everyone is a special autismo.

just log onto your alliance mining fleet comms
>implying it's only in mining fleets

macha smartbombing
rattle ratting
vni orbitting
exploration

rorqual nerf when

poors nerf when

Retribution

>poors
But Eve is for poors. F2p, no subscription required.

>haha guys alphas are totally ""free"" and perfectly comparable to subbed chars haha haha right haha

>reeeee why aren't subscriptions pointless, fuck p2w

>sub
>p2w

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/1119663#search=Eve_Online

>no cock

disappointing desu

rule34-data-011.paheal.net/_images/9bd496b6dbf95efc00412d3456206b8a/1980405 - Eve_Online caracal.jpg

rifter nerf

it's not a nerf

zkillboard.com/kill/65127540/

>attempts to position highslots for heat dissipation
>fails

heat dissipation doesn't exist

t. burned out guns

Can anyone make a gif of Hordes main corp's corp chat? I'd like to see if it is hell loose or calm dudebrodery.

It's 40yo dads being retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=myW0e_3Y8rE

>he isn't killing battleships with all-out RIGHT NOW

We actually fought a golem, but we didn't have enough to break the tank.
Join all-out so we can kill golems together.

show me on this generic spaceship model where the golem painted you

He didn't have a target painter at all.
He was using rapid heavies and he also had no scram and such - nothing but tank in the mid rack. He was actually going down at one point, but then our armageddon ran too low on armor and had to warp off.
If we had one more person or if one person was in a better ship, we'd certainly get him.

You'd kill it if your corp wasn't so shit

Post your corp if you're so good.

Protip: You don't dare because you're shit

who should i talk to were i desiring to join All-Out?

I'm afraid to start Eve ): Learning curve seems to be pretty damn big

Join OwO What's this? in-game channel

All the "learning cliff" stuff is heavily exaggerated. I only started playing a bit over a year ago and was easily able to acclimate myself to the game by simply googling anything I didn't know or reading about it on the eve uni wiki. They also revamped the tutorial to be a bit more hand-holdy recently. Just give it a shot.

Alrighty then! Should I go for the Caldari or Gallente?

should i perhaps drop by and have a word prior to simply proceeding down a path which i've already put together for myself?

i'll be a newly anointed sabre pilot with a solid degree of competitiveness in skills pretty quickly here and wh livin sounds half interesting but i'm not certain as to whether i'll be found a good fit or vice versa and hangin w/ da chanfaggots is a beloved pastime of mine

Caldari if you intend to stay f2p forever, although Gallente is also decent. Either is ok if you want to sub someday.

Just come to that channel or hit up Satori Sartori.

The main differences between the two are that Caldari use missiles and shield tank while Gallente use drones and armor tank.

Missiles don't miss but do less damage to targets smaller and/or faster than they're designed to be used against, so if you use heavy missiles against a fast frigate you'll do practically no damage.

Drones are arguably the most versatile weapon system as you can carry several different types to deal with different enemy ship classes, but they have to travel to your enemies before they attack, unlike turrets, and can be destroyed.

Shield tanking uses your ship's mid slots (otherwise used for "utility" modules like propulsion mods, warp scramblers, etc.) to increase your ship's shield hitpoints and resistances. It's a bit more capacitor-intensive than armor tanking but its main advantage is that shield-restoring modules restore their hitpoints at the start of the module's cycle, rather than the end like armor-restoring modules.

Armor tanking uses your ship's low slots (otherwise primarily used for damage mods) instead of mid slots and uses less capacitor but doesn't deal with heavy spike damage as well as shield tanking because you have to wait for the armor-restoring modules to finish cycling before the armor is restored.

Overall the choice won't matter that much, so I'd say pick whichever you prefer the sound of.

Thank you guys, you give good advice and I even intend to subscribe soon.

Once subscribed you'll be able to train any faction's ships so don't worry about your faction choice in terms of gameplay, just pick the faction you like the lore/aesthetics of most, as once you're subbed all it will affect is your character's looks and background.

You mean go with the cutest females?

>gallente
>armor

hull tank neutix

report all hull tank shitters

>Rockmuncher666

EWAR bros ww@
What's your favourite ewar ship?

rook

Caldari: Japan and Nordics
Amarr: Iberians
Gallente: French
Minmatar: 3rd world

Am I right?

C: jap and finns
A: christs, mudslimes, whatever religous faggotry
G: usa
M: whatever plus a bunch of nogs

>A: christs
>G: usa
But those are the same.

Titans were a mistake

caps are faggot shit

T. Novice plex fags

Caldari: USA + Japs
Amarr: Byzantine Empire
Gallente: Fags(French)
Minmatar: Dindus

I tried some FW today. 8 guys in a row had WCS. Why would people even live there. It's nearly as boring as null, but at least you can follow them to make them salty

>caldari: usa

I fly a hull tanked procurer

t. muh cynos muh pings

Good thing poorfags have no say in this game :)

>capfags crying for a whole year about muh citadels ccp pls we want more structure grinds for muh nyx

>ccp spends the whole time buffing the bellicose instead

Gallente is clearly The Roman Empire

Literally noone wanted structure grind you tard liar

Gallente are bunch of snail eating fags. Just look at their ship. Seafood and snails

yeah except all capfags

Roman Empire
Stay mad faggot

Cuck Vjetar

I'm not mad. I'm concerned, because you are clearly retarded

>greek names
>roman

what's wrong with seafood

hey /dog/ I've been thinking
EVE ONLINE has has four resists for quite a while now, maybe its time to add more?

I was thinking of adding a shadow and light resists to every ship, along with brand new factions that have harnessed these powers, new ammo and drones.

The way this new resist work is you take for example shadow damage it will be divided into hull and armor damage directly, so if enough shadow damage is done to a ship, it can completely destroy your armor and hull before your even breaking your shield or armor in the case of hull.
Light resists works with shield and hull with s slight twist, even if your hull reaches 0, your ship will not explode until the light resist is gone too, while the shadow resist only stops death once the capacitor is dry if your hull reaches 0.

Armor ships will be primary shadow, and shield ships will be primary light, but there will be new modules that let you harness more of this new resists, switch them or even combine them.

Naturally there will be shadow and light penetration ammunition, which will lower the resist or turn it off but this ammo will come in the form of a special new launcher only for missile ships, with a very long cooldown.

Furthermore, there will also be tiny ship skill trees to further boost your shadow and light resists, I think making them cost plex is the best idea to balance this feature.

Reply if you'd like to know more.

>no u!

Wow epic like mana potions but speac xdd

I want to have children with Vagabond