Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/MBEUEC
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Nv4JWf_IrKI
youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for purge niggers

reminder that when sonicshit tried playing actual fighting game gods he got eternally btfo and never tried again

WE WUZ 4CHIN TELLAZ AN SHEIT

rootkit

Why can't white men be good at fighting games?

challonge.com/MBEUEC

Melty Blood tournament open to EU and EC this saturday. I will stream it with my commentary.

For people that have never played melty but were interested: please join, you have a few days to learn a bnb, the game is pretty simple to pick up and no one is gonna be a champion! Download link in the OP pastebin, if you have trouble or need help (both downloading/setting up the game or with the gameplay itself) ask and I will help you!

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Nv4JWf_IrKI

never piss off a furry

>stream it with my commentary.
Way to make sure nobody watches

He proved himself in Jive of Honest Fundamentals when he effortlessly made it to top 8 in a major tournament and went back to games with real payouts afterwards

See my Moses

Someone post broski being wrong again.

umvc3 is the best kusoge of all time

it's hilarious
sonic didn't even buy it on release day
he waited until it went on a keyseller site or some shit

that was literally the first jive major iirc and he never got anything close to a top 8 ever again

See my chinese warlord.

Hope you manage to get a turnout

>He proved himself in Jive of Honest Fundamentals when he effortlessly made it to top 8 in a major tournament and went back to games with real payouts afterwards
What in the fuck are you talking about? That's not what happened. What happened is the game was brand new and he played Fang who no one had any idea how to deal with so he was able to gimmick shitty players to death. I don't believe he beat a single Asian player nor many if any good western players. He got in and gimmicked with a character nobody used during the first few months when literally everyone was a scrub, and when people started learning he started washing out earlier and earlier.

Sonicfox is a good player in many games but he's mediocre at best in Street Fighter.

How do I silver.

If you manage to be good at pretty much every other 2D fighting game and just be average at SFV, does that mean the he's too inferior for SF fundamentals or that SFV is a bad game?

The first. He likes gimmicky characters.

it means sfv is the only game with serious competition

>FANG

Here's your answer. He never took the game seriously.

Based jive filtering the furries

I kinda want SonicFox to give jive another chance in AE.

juri makes my dick hard and I'm ashamed about it bros

It means he's better at learning a game than reading his opponents.

>still trying to discredit SonicFox
kek
you can never forget how he beat a marvel god who had a lightyear headstart + someone in the inside to buff his characters

people are trying to discredit marvel, nobody cares about that gay furry negro

But reading the opponent is a process that can be applied to any fighting game.

Uhhh that skin is not accurate

Yes, but it's way more important in simpler games.

youtube.com/watch?v=vLXOkZtAkPw

this is you

>Still no Zeku tease from Capcom/Street Fighter Twitter

Yeah, it's not happening. Apparently their Panel isn't even going to be streamed.

>If you manage to be good at pretty much every other 2D
I haven't seen him ever play SNK or anime games, so it's literally just he's shown he's good at NRS, Mvci, and Skullgirls to my knowledge. He's good but people really are sucking his dick way too hard.

He played FANG because everyone has more than once pointed out he plays nothing like the rest of the cast and Sonicfox literally played him like an MK character where he burned meter all the time on dumb shit to get poison traps. When he tried playing other characters he got fucked. I agree he never tried that hard at it but even if he did he wouldn't get very far.

There are plenty of gimmicky characters in SFV as well.

The other games are big enough so that they get their own playerbase. I mean, the dude just beat one of the MVC3 gods.

why do people even want zeku

I want Guy with gameplay closer to Alpha versions

i heard it will be
on /twitch

what am i doing wrong here? why isnt tatsu coming out

menat was to hard, so all hopes are on him

guys someone have the link to sonicfox vs fchimp? I'm too much of a retard to search youtube or google it

sf4 has a system where you can only special cancel lights if they're linked rather than chained

slow down the timing before the last st.lk so that you're linking it instead of chaining it from jab

you can't cancel from chains in sf4

link the tatsu instead of trying to cancel it.

>He's good at plenty of fighting games, people are sucking his dick way too hard

Daigo was good at only one Street Fighter game in his entire career yet people dickride him all the time.

Why does Ryu say Horoken instead of Hadoken in marvel??

damn sonicfox owning marvel heads for the next half a decade?

lmao

Do you think Capcom forced fchimp to lose so that it would seem like the early access had no effect?

Based wong will stop the furry right?
RIGHT?

>half a decade
he's going to drop the game after he eliminates Fchamp from tournament

Does he even enjoy the game to play it for the next decade?

He didn't seem to care when he won that event before.

>Daigo was good at only one Street Fighter game in his entire career yet people dickride him all the time.
Nice job showing your diaper baby status. Daigo has been good at SSF2T, 3S, every version of SF4, and GG. And that's only listing games he's won major tournaments of.

Shit, that was for

>fchimp the furry god of kusoge to marvel
great job fuckhead

What's the difference between SFIV Guy and Alpha Guy?

Will Sonicfox ever play an honest character instead of gimmicky shit 24/7? I won't accept he's a top player, his fundies are fucking garbage,

here's the long and short of it though, sonicfox is an extremely talented player who we don't know the limits on because him playing a game is contingent on whether he likes it.

You're more than entitled to make assumptions, but they're pretty baseless (unless you're asking for the guy to play your game to see how he does?)

As for the initial question - you either like V or you don't. My personal opinion on the matter is V is alright, but it definitely didn't capture the imagination the same way that IV did - and there are a lot of reasons for that.

What's the difference between linking and chaining?

>PC SF4 was by far the most played game in this general during the AE times.
Your brain is diseased, you should get it checked out.

Why do you think he can't make it in a real high IQ game like jive?

how many players will be there?
the entire melty playerbase so.. 3 players? lol

Who do you want him to play?

ryu/ryu

>Hiroki does concede that she did raise an eye I'm happy that our titles are each different in its own unique way. Still, I have to admit, when I first saw Marvel Versus Capcom Infinite, I thought to myself, 'Oh shoot!'"
Virginamco arcsys producer scared of mvci
>Mike Evans didn't seem too worried about Dragon Ball FighterZ as competition. He responded by saying, "I haven’t played it yet, but the action in Dragon Ball FighterZ looks great. Personally, in the past, I haven’t put a lot of time into the anime fighters, but I’m looking forward to trying it out."
Chadcom producer doesn't give a shit bout your anikusoge

sonicfox week 1 gimmicks will get figured out and he'll fade into obscurity like he did in sfv
>b-but he could win sf evo, he just doesn't want to

>denying facts
retard

He is prolific but to say he's a top tier player at SFV because he made top 8 in the first tournament they ever held for the game is stupid. He's a good player but how good he would be in SFV if he applied himself is unknown because when he did play he did well in 1-2 tournaments then proceeded to do worse and worse across the span of 5-6 tournaments before dropping the game.

You are calling my observations baseless but yours are even more baseless.

but on the real sonicfox is taking advantage of some faults of the game

capco needs to take a look at speicals/traps you can't pushblock and proximity guard

t. pretends he knows what he's talking about but doesn't

Literally every euro played on PC and there were so many people (me, yoyo, broski, altaccz, bouken, banger just to name a few plus many other more occasional people), while america also had a few PC players. Meanwhile, only a few americans played on console.

t.fchump

>you're not good unless you play the blandest character

Why is no one talking about Geese being playable at the tekken world tour finals next month?

Tekken 7 hype!

anime kusoj virgin and the SFV chad

BASED CHADCOM WINS AGAIN

Yeah, but maybe Capcom started sweating after that.

Wasn't he announced months ago? He's still not out?

a chain is where you cancel your current attack animation into another attack animation, a link is where the attack animation ends, but the opponent is still in hitstun so you can hit him again before the hitstun ends.

When will he start transitioning?

>SonicFox is a fraud until becomes a god in jive too
you capcum slurpers are hilariously pathetic

Because he isn't Lei or Julia or Armor King or Marduk or Kuni or any of the other characters that anyone actually wanted.

You literally just proved my point

PC was like 10-15 euro NEETs like you and the rest literally didn't play fighting games lmao

NA had literal daily PSN/XBL lobbies

You brain is diseased, you are posting nonsense.

mvci is out, move on or get left behind

I'm more disappointed that Bamco are such pieces of shit they won't put much money into the pot for a bigger prize pool. Fucking Cup Noodles probably put more money into it.

He was announced for a December release. It's still not December.

Many people played the version of SF4 on the console of their choice until the PC version got updated and after that people switched to that.

He can also try winning at tekken lmao

Oh ok, the timing for cancelling attacks is nuts, idk how people pull it off consistently.

That's not true at all. Once SF4 came to PC this general became shitposting haven

autistic rhythm game muscle memory

IV Guy had shitty super and ultras, and everything worthy cost meter

But Abigail, Menat, and probably even Zeku will have come out before Geese, when Geese was announced at the same time as Abigail

What will ETC be?

Because bringing Geese over is cooler. As much as seeing some classics come back, Armor King and Marduk have no chance though for T7, bringing Geese back is way more hype. If you don't think Geese being in Tekken is one of the coolest things you are just being a bitch at that point.

Why would we move on to a dead game?

>arcade edition trailer has rashid dabbing in a sand pyramid
Isn't that a bit racist? First they announce him on 9/11, then they make his stage a place going tru 2 towers and now this?

Wtf gamers.

Why are you so angry anonymous?

>Ryus new V-Trigger is just Focus Attack

lol

No new V-Skills either

>arguments right now
>is sonicfox a fraud
>was SF4 more popular on PC than consoles
lmao

3S akuma with no changes

Isn't Menat the Egyptian one?

ASW's breakout hit, Battle Fantasia

Tekken characters have higher move pools than SF characters and T7 has been extremely balanced so far so they are fine tuning him. He also is coming out with his tower as a stage. Considering the S2 characters have been worked on since literally last year while Tekken 7 console came out this year, it's obvious that SF has a faster release schedule.

You also can't forget that SF gets way more support from Capcom than Tekken gets from the greedy and lazy fucks at Bamco.