Last thread
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
PCB 7.0.2 is out and it has nothing interesting in it.
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=124526#post124526

Play the OOOK.CZ comp you casuals
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Rogue Effect updated to v1.0
now has a save/resume feature
dowhilecompiling.blogspot.com/2017/09/rogue-effect-v10-and-drakefire-chasm.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45097
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what rogue like has nagas (male)
with a seduction attack

first for pseudoamyposchengband

This makes me incredibly uncomfortable
Also, second for nethack

third for remove tomeshitters

Couldn't beat normal adventure eh?
Try nethack it's way more fun anyway.

Why did Darkgod abandon TOME2 and replace it with that clicky-dicky game that is TOME4?

Someone should make fun of Chris in the angband forum, i want to see him sperg out.

Fourth for ded general ded genre

Why don't you be the change you want to see in the world?

I haven't played anything since may
What did I miss and what the fuck did they do to gnolls

so he could monetize it despite it being a lazy tolkien ripoff anyway

he's probably back in his submarine or abandoned antarctic cabin again and won't have internet access for another month

lrn to numeracacy

I have maybe nine units of soap.

>autismshaming in /rlg/

Infra Arcana has become an almost all-new game, focused on survival and GTFOing instead of killing Cthonians. Go play it.

Noxico
Too bad it's shit

That sounds kinda fun. I played it for 5 minutes in mid 2016 so it'd probably be fun to give it an actual shot. Did poschengband get any interesting updates/ do people still do pcb challenges?

They made gnolls fun to play

I don't know what the fuck darkgod was smoking to come up with the ToME lore but it definitely wasn't Tolkien

People meme about [kiss her] and the orc vaginas which were removed ages ago, but what I find even shittier about his writing is that the people who write the journal entries apparently physically write every part of their thought process. Like "Thamout... THA MOUTH... THE MOUTH!!!" on the dwarf starting dungeon

weirdest thing to me was the tentacle final boss guy of eor leaving notes in the same modern language everyone uses despite hating all modern people apparently addresed to his god who predates said language and scattering them randomly on the floor.

>his writing
DG doesn't do anything for tome, it's all outsourced to goons and weebs. I think the tiles were done by a furry too.

>his greatest work in life is a game made by other people he can barely play
>its still better than mine
lol

>i think the tiles were done by a furry too

I really wish I could hate on DCSS more to fit in with you cool kids, but finding Devastator on this Wu Jian character is forcing me to have fun.

NO STOP
STOP PLAYING THE DEVIL GAME
ROGUELIKES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUN

Objective DCSS god fun tierlist

God tier:
Xom
Trog
Yred
MAHkleb
Old Nemmy

Passable tier:
Beogh
Oku
Cheri
Dithy
Hep
Qaz

Boring tier:
TOS, Ely, Zin
Gozag
Vehumet
Sif
Lug
Fed
Ru
Ash
Jiv

Actively less fun than being an athiest tier:
Wu Jian

Who's retarded idea was it to make a god of the most op items in the game tier: Pakellas

I wonder if my machinations will come to fruition

>zin and lugonu in boring tier
>trog in god tier
no

>oka fun
wrong he is just as much of a boring stat-stick god as vehumet

also R.I.P. old Ieoh Jian Council with the floating weapons and shit

Pakellas was fun though and not even that OP until lategame unless you were a DD

pakellas was only fun because rods were fun
so they removed pakellas
but instead of using this feedback to make rods more common for non-pakellas characters
they fucking removed rods

>ever not picking the best race in the game
for what purpose.

That's the reaction i'm going for. Chris is a lit fire he just need some obviously shitty troll to make him to ballistic. That is in theory.

>Chris
chris is never going to see that post since he only has internet once a month.
He's exceeded his internet quota and will remain dormant for the rest of the time.
Meanwhile your post will be ignored and/or deleted.

Well, at least one can hope. Miracles do happen from time to time don't they?

chris is a meme
u got memed son
gud meme

Is it worth it to drop a +1 rF shield (given I have another source of rF) for the warlock's mirror?

if you already have rF then you're fine
more than 1 pip doesn't really matter until oofland

Yes :)

TOME4 is greatest roguelike of all times

The Witcher 3 is greatest roguelike of all times

tome 2.4.0-ah is better

tome-sx has sexy high heels

i dont get what the point of demigods is now gnolls are a thing. theyre bad at literally everything and the stats never mattered as much as being able to use gods or even being able to learn stuff quick. gnolls have good enough stats, can use all gods even trog with no issue and learn super fast

well the perks like Evasion and Demonic Grasp are pretty nice and the guaranteed artifacts from killing your dad are good too

wut game?

Demigods have a enforced godless conduct, that's their "point" really. The apts are actually about average across the board, but it does suck not having anything you're actually good at. They also used to have that thing which protected them from stat drain but that was removed for some reason

ok i laffed

how about you put a boot in your mouth

Yeah but the exp penalty though

is this real? i thought the only autism amy unleashed was on nethack

forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45097

>first, second, third, fourth
I don't see the problem here.

it was eighth though

How do I replace DCSS commands in Linux?
Got no numpad and vi keys suck

Daily reminder that TOME 1.4 will be the last good version.

>installs linux
>can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes learning vi keys

don't lie, you're running steamOS arent you

It's disgusting. The dev team is so "diverse" they need to add a white cis male to meet their quota.

i agree, after pernangband became tome 2 it really went downhill
just look at

No I'm european. The positions of Y and Z are replaced.

What do you expect it's not like DG pays any of them. All that money for one hungry jew whilst he does the minimum.

you must edit your rc file
consult options_guide.txt in your crawl directory, specifically the section on "bindkey"

Thanks. Works fine now.

What is she doing with her right hand?

>tfw to dumb to make roguelikes
But I'm getting there.

Where is your tactical combat sir?

>find the comics section of angband.oook

There are things mortal men were not meant to see.
I bet Chris actually laughs at these.

Which game has the best tactical combat so I can just copy that?

>implying roguelike devs are capable of feeling joy or experiencing laughter

dwarf fortress

>If you are posting on oook, please play the actual Poschengband source code. If you mod, please don't post on this forum.

Probably Sil although that's really not saying much since all the enemies just flee if sneezed on and the balance is ass

>u cant be passionate about unpopular things
>u cant have fun unless everyone else does
hmmm :thinkign;

Tales of Maj'Eyal is a truly avant garde game that respects the players intellect and does not resort to easy meme humor or "be spoiled or you die lol" jokes like Nethack or DCSS have used as a crutch so many times. Every level of the game is so consistently good and progressively more and more awesome it is scary to think about. I would think that /rlg/, or at least the old /rlg/, would be much more receptive to a truly quality and daring piece of artistic gaming but I suppose I can blame it on the numbskulls that just hopped off the Reddit boat and landed in our quaint little port.

So that begs the question: Are you doing it to be contrarian because it is popular? Because the joke bombed and was never funny, I'm sorry to say. At the very least try to be creative in your shitposting because we've read all the lines a thousand times.

If you come to our threads and try to start shit, just know we will not meme with you, we will not break our proverbial bread of bants with you; we will not engage you in any fashion. On the contrary, we will treat you as a foreign threat, an invader, and we will punish you for invading our space so just stick to your containment threads and let us discuss and enjoy the game in peace.
To all naysayers or mongoloids who got swept up in the memeing: I implore you to play a level of the game, just one (1!), and make your mind up then.
Not for you? No problem, that's fine, try again in a few weeks!
For you? Then welcome aboard, buckaroo!

I think the question I pose to anyone still reading this is this: After all this, why the hate?

tangledpep is better :)

this but unironically

Who the fuck are you talking to?

you forgot the part where you whine that anyone who plays anything other than the hardest difficulty is not a real roguelike player while simultaneously whining that the game will become unplayably hard if your favorite freexp exploit is removed

I wonder if I should play 7.0.1 nightmare mode android rune knight just to piss off chris
on one hand I'd be playing 7.0 which is absolutely awful, on the other I'd probably give him an aneurysm.

>tome is one person
how do you know what the food tastes like if you've never eaten it anyway?

i beat it on normal a few times but now I usually get bored and quit before getting halfway through

Lazy cuck do you even collect your food stamps?

>lazy
the problem is that the game isn't fun

>RUNE knights cap at unskilled with the RUNE sword now
Chris!

If that's the only penalty you can just play human/demigod and unlock it with the mutation.

I'll tell you, that's actually something.
>can't put runes on rune swords
Well I mean.
I guess it makes sense.
Meh, honestly that's hardly a problem. I just find it weird.

You know, you can literally edit the k_info to give yourself a weapon that does 20 K damage, armor with 20000 AC and all resistances, waltz through nightmare mode, slay the serpent and then update k_info again so that those weapons have normal stats again, then upload it to oook.

This is a joke without a punchline.

>shitty food analogies

I mean honestly if I wanted to actually have fun and play a good version of a bad game, I'd just play -R.

There is absolutely no reason to update the forks, considering how misguided Chris is and how horrible Vanilla is at the moment.

So I'm gonna actually go and have fun playing that other thing

tfw keep getting cucked by ghosts on dcss

I mean nightmareanon is already fucking with the files to give himself more xp and free alchemy and whatever else he wants

>to give himself more xp
How would I even do that as an android

you did it as a lich