/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

cirri.al/sharks/).
youtube.com/watch?v=uvOtKRW9FYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hope this is the right thread. My desktop is away for a while so I'm playing some less demanding games on my laptop but the problem is they still kinda lag. The main games are Darkest Dungeon, Hard West and Town of Salem. Lag doesn't really matter for single player but for town of Salem it can be important. I'm already playing on the lowest settings I can and the lowest resolution but it's still not great? Is there anything else I could do? I swear there's a command in steam to launch in a basic mode or something

When it comes to gaming, the Achilles' heels of laptops are their IGPs. Especially if we're talking about an older and / or cheaper model, even entry-level dedicated VGAs outperform them by a nice margin.

If I were you I'd check the aforementioned games' sysreqs and see if there's enough RAM allocated to your IGP. You can try to disable all fancy features (like Win's Aero) too for a minimal performance gain.

>Upcoming releases
>A Hat in Time (Oct 5)

I was just letting the game play out a bit before I removed it or moved it up.
I like to use new screenshots for the upper section as well.

Ah. I see. I suppose that makes sense.

bump

i specifically said don't ded
goddamn

We're still ded.

Hat in Time is fun.
>Just hit 25 Hourglasses
Oh god.

Small-time indie dev on why practically nobody heard about their freshly-released game. I still think that the #1 reason is their incompetent PR team, but it's still interesting regardless.

Well, that's why we're here, right?
What's the game?

Unpopular fact: although I've been here for at very least a year and half, and I can count the games I discovered thanks to /indie/ on one hand. Note: the keyword is "discovered", not played.

That was always low-key bothered me, even browsing the list of 0day releases give you incomparably more options. And the game is called EMPYRE: Lords of the Sea Gates.

I saw that on Steam and it looked interesting, but I couldn't find any real reviews for the final version of the game so I decided to wait and see

There's already a /chg/ and it will be the next /utg/, this I swear

I already marked it non interested days ago because steampunk is shit

Same here. I discovered a lot of games thanks to indie (like Battle Brothers, Rain World) but I actually played few of them (like Oneshot).

Exactly what I am doing. The animations (and to a certain extent, visuals in general) are sure clunky, but it could end up being an indie gem if the writing / world-building and combat system is high quality.

I tend to post news about the ones that got my attention even before their release (BB was amongs them too), plus regularly about some of my playthroughs. Unfortunately, barely anybody else doing this.

I'd like to talk more about the games I play, but most of them are RTS, and thus are suited for /civ4xg/.
I like when people talk about a game that they like. I's always fun to listen to someone talk in a passionate tone.

>it will be the next /utg/
I wouldn't mind talking about Unreal here. I have fond memories of it, even if all weapons felt like peashooters.

That's for Undertale General.

Oh.
I always forget about that. When I see UT, I think Unreal Tournament.

What does that do? Seems extremely expensive.

Oh god, the manor in World 3 legit scared the crap out of me a few times. The visuals and the sound set the horror mood for it too.

>being scared of this
Pussy ! Pussy !

Taking recommendations pls. Using a semi old laptop with a touchpad only, so something slow or turn based would be good. Already playing

>Hard west
>Darkest Dungeon
>Door Kickers
>Thimbleweed Park
>Fallout Shelter

Generates the stuff you get from looping very slowly, I want to say it's like one essence per five days?

My bad, I completely misread your post.
Battle for Wesnoth. Maybe some of the Heroes of Might and Magic. Maybe Deadlock 2 if you can stand really old games.

Sorry, I don't play a lot of these.

Shit that's slow.

What game?

Yeah it's for if you're gonna not play for a while. Not anywhere near worth it otherwise.

OneShot
LiveALive
Shadowgate
Read Only Memories
Claire

Stranger Oceans (cirri.al/sharks/).

Hasn't been updated since 2014, but I kinda like it.

>A Hat in Time
>a billion years in the making
>no 1920x1200 support

are you shitting me

>*raises paw*

Maybe you and your weird meme resolution are the problem? :3

Speaking of Hats in Time, I found the Ladybug band Flair for the Sprint cap. And it changes colors with your outfit.

Set your display as default.

According to the last Steam HW Survey, only 0.88% of the users use that resolution. Even the archaic 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 800 is more popular, not to mention 1280 x 1024 (almost 3 times more user).

i give up on AoD
good thing i spent only 7 bucks on it

odds i'll do a bio crossbow playthrought on underrail
evens i'll do a chemical pistol playthrought instead

rev up that cave ear + crawler poison combo

have fun farming poison

Flak cannon is best gun

All the weapons in Unreal feel lacking.
It's improved in Unreal Tournament, though.

Finish your Long War campaign
Avernum franchise
Lands of Lore 1-3

>1920x1200
Could you fucking not.

A survey based off a random sample of steam user specs does not mean anything in regards to the target audience for your game. Come back when Steam has a survey exclusively of the 5% of its user base that is actually consistently buying games, or at least one that excludes the 80% that only have 3 or less games, one of which is probably CSGO

Each world in A Hat in Time just feels so fantastic to explore and enter into.
Just got to world 4.

Nocturne: Rebirth
Demon King Chronicle
1bit Heart
Liar Jeannie in Crucifix Kingdom

>Cat comes out of no where and swipes my hat.
>Another cat comes right after and pushes me off a cliff.
Fucking invisible cats.

hey just want you to know
Getting Over It is real good

No Jon, no skinheads, no fascist /indie/ thread

Xenonauts

What the fuck am I watching?

>>>/neogaf/

where's darkwood and Tooth and Tail you fuck

Jesus fucking christ, do people really like meeting blank slate protagonists from previous games? I don't necessarily hate switching to a new protagonist, but to have my character, a character that wasn't pre-defined, taken out of my control and used as an NPC is to me one of the most insulting things that can happen in a sequel.

I like that as much as I like sequels to open-ended games.

That means not at all.

What do you like about those games?

also Doki Doki Literature Club and Slime Rancher and Ruiner and Heat Signature and probably more

Is Earth Defense Force relevant? Can't find the general for it.

They are fun :)

E D F!
E D F!

The games in the chart are mostly ones discussed in the general

I agree but why is this always getting brought up? Is there a lot of talk about this in Underrail forums?

Now nobody play this anymore.

Ok, I don't really care enough to edit the picture myself, but this general was /Darkwood/ for a few threads.

Is Darkwood like Teleglitch?

There is some speculation about how will the sequel do character importing, and it seems there are several people who would like the new protagonist + old protagonist as NPC option better if we'll be starting from level 1. Fucking weird, man.

Ah, alright.
Ive been gone a while.

Some people said that yeah, but Teleglitch seems more roguelite than survival-crafting.

A good game :)

It's literally a qwop/girp game but with a nuanced commentary on the unity asset store and genre conventions

This is hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=uvOtKRW9FYM

pmub

Saw this somewhere else, and posting it here for no particular reason.

This shark idle game just got overwhelming after half a day.

Pneumatic Hammer or Electroshock for my endgame, Q170+20% Infused Rathound Leather Gloves? Electroshock adds +20.5/hit single target, pneumatic hammer adds +65.0/4 hits single target but has a satisfying crunch.

the fuck is this gook talking about?

Properly reply to the post in question next time

So Subnautica is never coming out right? It got pushed back again and anyone who complains about it on steam is warmed by fanboys and shouted down.

I'm playing Cuphead right now, guys.

I'M PLAYING FUCKHEAD

>tfw all of the people you met along the way help you defeat the final boss through the power of mass suicide.

I think I need to take some sort of drug to calm my hand down playing Cuphead.
It's making my left hand uncontrollably shake (like when you're nervous.)
My muscle memory's all fucked and I haven't played a video game in like a year.

>tfw all the people you met along the way are utterly irrelevant in the face of the horrors in the depths, the secrets of the past and the plots of beings either psychically hidden or that they cannot even begin to comprehend

I really hope Styg ignores all of that gimmicky trash. There should be no save importing because its usually gamebreaking bonuses given. A one man dev team should focus on how the game would play from level one.
Letting you start at a higher level or very good equips would either destroy the pacing of require level scaling

>tfw can't even do this easy mode
killing myself desu

Try controlled breathing.
It should be easy enough to just go with the rhythm of the boss music. In for 4 beats out for 4 beats or 8 and 8 whatever.

HOW CAN I FUCKING CONTROL BREATHNG WITH THESE FAGGOT DAISIES RUNNING AROUND

Um.. okay. Try Hydroxyzine, easy enough to get a prescription of. I'm just guessing that most medicines that make you physically drowsy would work though.

FUCKInG PARRY

We need one for the Unreal store

I DONT EV NE KNOW HOW TO DODGES THESE FUCKS STOP RESPOAWING HHHH

Styg already confirmed that if there is a sequel it will almost certainly have you start from level 1.

But this doesn't necessarily rule out some kind of save importing. The travel to North ending pretty much makes most outcomes smooth and irrelevant, but if nothing else some faction memberships like Oculus, and certain items like the medallion and the disc could get imported.

He sounds correct though. Destiny 2 got all the shill money not only from bungie but also from the sony deal.

>LiveALive
D-did I infect someone with my occassional talking of it?

Got into episode 2 of Blade Kitten now, which is ingame episode 3 since 1-2 were the original game. I see some graphical improvements in lighting and better models used.
I also finally get to fight people from that weird nun cult I only did a job for before. Funny thing is that those models walking in the back of that temple where I got the mission already reacted to my attacks with doodges but instantly went back into peaceful mode.

The parade level was god tier. Honestly chapter 2 in general was god tier.

>112 ancient rathound leather