>Learn maths and physics:
>khanacademy.org/math
>khanacademy.org/science/physics
>Learn graphics: opengl-tutorial.org/beginners-tutorials
>> Official /agdg/ notepad
>etherpad.net/p/agdg
>Panda3D: panda3d.org
fuck off enginedev pasta retard, even anime is above you

There's nothing wrong with learning OpenGL for game development.

>being triggered by enginedev

it's not a path you should recommend to absolute beginners, otherwise you're putting them through hell of refactors and hard work without immediately visible effects for no reason when they could just pick up an engine and get comfortable with basics while actually having fun
>but muh jobs
no-one clicked this thread on the video game board on a chinese cartoon website to change their career

What does /agdg/ think of /rpgmg/?

What's a smart way to figure out where to blood decals in a realistic fashion?

I'm thinking of spawning several tiny "blood particles" at the wound point, with some random velocities, and whereever they land or hit, putting a blood decal there. Would that be an acceptable to splatter?

Enginedeving is fun though. Can't handle the math?

fuck dat gay shit

I'm all for more colorblind support in vidya though

Yes, there is. Learn Vulkan instead.

With the AR kit released, what kind of mobile ar game should I make?

dead

It'll never take off, Pajeet.

sniffing anime girl farts

Why aren't you making a manime game?

i seriously considered using rpgmaker mv for the assets but it's too bloated and it may be better to write everything myself than write everything in a plugin to override the defaults.

My GPU does not support Vulkan. github.com/kazan-3d/kazan is my only hope but it's not finished yet.

because female anime protagonists are superior

this
also dont forget left handed controls

Because I prefer to draw girls

Reminder that if you polymodel your characters from scratch, you are retarded and need to keep learning 3D.

My character is just a sphere though.

post sculpted mecha

>it's either poly modelling or sculpting
CSG nigga

Mechas are hard surface you idiot.

how do i mecha in 2d?

Not sure if these translate. Angled quasi-isometric vp

Hello fellow game dev brothers!

>tats still don't have jiggle physics

h-hi

cute dragon!!
whats your game user?

that water texture is pretty ugly

>all those triangles
Jesus fucking christ

>all those lerp motions
gross

I work in fucking Zbrush and I don't have that many triangles.

They look good in terms of proportions and silhouette but it's hard to tell what direction they're facing.

you want boob animations?
Here they are

i dont know yet. only came up with the main character

first character model i made a year ago

Thanks chap. I can see what you mean on the direction front- Could the stylistic decision to not have facial features probably be to blame?

Yay!

Facial features are literally impossible in that resolution so it's probably just the resolution.

i'm interested too
i would love to do shit like this but it really is best when it's not just sprites because of shit you could do with model.
godot 3 when, it's too painful to make this in gamemaker

patreon.com/godotengine

The more money they get, the faster it comes out.

nice water
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/71207

Fuck off furfaggot.

>employer asks me to work solely on their project
>juggle with my own gamedeving
WHEW LAD

>employer finds out
>they literally own your game because you were making it in job time
>sue you and wreck your shit up
not even an LLC can save your ass from this one

no u

America, land of the free and prosperous. LLC user please. I want source nigger back.

How do I get into Blender? Should I just follow some tutorials first and copy their models there, or should I just start with making my own models?

What's your workflow for maximum yesdev user?

No /pol/ till sundown.

Thoughts?

Who owns the right to Katawa shoujo? can i make a fan game for it? can i sell it?

That looks pretty cute user, I'd try it out.

Nightly Godot 3 builds bintray.com/calinou/godot/editor

what is something i can dev on a laptop that wont ever require mouse support (that is NOT a roguelike)

Looks like a game. Cheap death at the end though.

Looks fine, but I feel like the color palette could be a bit better, the brown is too dark and that shade of green is a bit out of place.

i like the light that looks like vinyl record though i'm not sure if it's gif artifact or not. also 15fps gif is ugly try webm. also didn't like smoke sprites or if it's evil grey goo that lives in pipes that's fine

Bumped up the brightness, cleaned up the background and the UI, added some shading on the characters and replaced the placeholder icons with my own. Now debugging the buff/debuff system. Will have around 10 status indicators like bleed, stun, silence, wither, cursed etc. Will showcase it soon.

Also added some weather effects, like rain in this case, both in the overworld and the battle system.

>Bumped up the brightness

LLCs are exclusively an American phenomenon, though.

animations could use some work, maybe a little camera tilt
kinda like darkest dungeon

that reminds me of Adventure Quest

A fall on spikes that you can't see or predict is terrible level design, the max fall speed is too high and the ceiling creatures could have a little wiggle
animation before they drop as a telegraph but otherwise I really like the look of it.

Depends if one is talking specifically about the US company type or just the concept of a 'limited liability company' which is universal.

Made a sentry. Not gonna let work slow me down this time.

its still dark as shit

Yes definitely, I'm experimenting a bit with the camera which zooms slightly to the right when the hero attacks and vice versa for the enemy. Will try a slight tilt as well and see how it ends up.

>stealing tf2 alpha assets

bevel the edges and turn that into a normalmap if you want to make them seem smoother

Started implementing (very bad) collisions while flying. Once I actually implement player health among other things, I'll refine it. Hitting a building will always deal damage but the current velocity will decide how much damage. And of course there will be other visual effects (screen shake, knockback).

This looks so good. You're the one making that megaman-like TPS right?

make the transformation faster (at least twice as fast), add dashing via thrusters for the mecha mode, i like that crosshair

Bonus clip of your semen demon companion

That motion blurs great- keep that.

Yes, something like that,a few invisible particles or for shittier version: just trace the line of hit (bullet) and put it there if it's a less than a certain distance away from the body, essentially bullet goes in and blood comes out the other side.

>another ue4 mecha game

it's unity though

>just trace the line of hit (bullet) and put it there if it's a less than a certain distance away from the body,
You could trace from the body at a certain angle depending on the bullet's velocity

>vector animation

Really? That's actually really cool to hear.
A bit too much effort for me but yeah it's pretty sharp. I'll just bevel the worst edge.
Thanks heaps man and yeah that's me.

Why didn't you bevel the barrel edges?

why do you have so much blue4r there

hat girl too cute

The rest of the game is pretty low quality and I don't want the sentry to be out of place.

the cutest girl is always the one you design yourself

I duplicated the camera so that I could have a camera only for the UI but I forgot to delete the post processing component from the second one. I removed it now, the motion blur was too much.

any better website for checking progress? tigsource was good but it's dying.

Quick question for you guys:

If I were to make a building like in pic related in Maya, and move it over to Unreal (which is simple I know), would I still be able to assign different materials to each part of the thing? Like the windows having different shaders than the concrete and all? Would I just texture everything in UDK? Should I export parts of the building with different materials as separate meshes from Maya to UDK?

Just trying to get an idea of what the workflow would be, thanks in advance.

i really like the animation. did you use spine or something else to do them? also, how hard is it to learn?

As long as you have different materials assigned to the parts in Maya it should carry over to UE4. It works with Blender.
Wait. . . UDK? You mean the old one?

No, I mean the latest Unreal, 4.17.2.

I was under the impression that the only thing Maya would import to Unreal was the diffuse and normal maps, not any of the other crap. Would I even need anything else? Roughness map maybe?

>i really like the animation
Thanks user

>did you use spine or something else to do them? also, how hard is it to learn?
A few months ago, Unity acquired a small studio that made Anima2D and now it's part of the essential Unity tools. Basically it's like Spine, but it's very well integrated with all the base animation functionality in Unity. It's not that hard to learn at all, you need a few days of practice and you'll memorize the whole workflow.

In short:
>Import sprites or a sprite atlas
>Slice the atlas
>Create sprite meshes from the sprites
>Assemble the part in a hierarchy with GameObjects
>Add bones to the sprite meshes, bind the bones to the meshes in the editor
>You have pie/overlay charts which you can customize the strength of the effect on the vertices
>Add IK controls if you want
>Use the bone/IK controls to animate with the Animator/Animation components
>Optionally bake the animation, then remove the rig

i think i need that animation book...

do the cgcookie animation bootcamp