/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14089760
strawpoll.me/14089791
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as005a0000000000000000000000283c000000
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as00000000000000005a000000000000000064
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still want to fuck my pawn.

It will teach them to not fucking stand in the melee zones of bosses.
But sorcerers generally don't need as much babysitting as rangers, and you can play any melee+mage/sorcerer without anything to worry abouy

Same

I want to fuck your pawn too, senpai.

Me too.
We should share.

Assassin/ranger/magick archer
which should i make? and what pawn?

>Playing rerelease
>Get on this morning
>Every time I rest at an inn it disconnects me and switches me to offline connectivity
>Cant update my pawn or use my friends pawn he updated

Thinking of doing mage to 20 then switching to warrior and fighter for 10 levels each then switching to mystic knight for the rest of the game
Is that dumb

Are you minmaxing? There is no need to minmax.

Nope, play what you want. Mystic knight also has super balanced stat gains.

Rate my waifu

>taking a picture of your screen
Are you on the box?

that's shitty, you have it set to online right? Decent connection and all?

favorite vocation poll
strawpoll.me/14089760

Favorite Vocation for your Pawn
strawpoll.me/14089791

>People stopped inviting your pawn and you dropped from top 100 to the 500 just in 36 hours

ps3

Okay guys i'm thinking of making some kind of assassin/magick archer/ranger
would a sorcerer be a dumb pick for my pawn?

Yes on both accounts, after it starts accessing server it will pop up and tell me it couldnt connect then tell me that my connection is now offline and I can switch it back on from the options menu.

>almost 2018
>people still believe in pawn training

What's the best way to make a magic archer?

90lvl of sorc

setting yourself on fire and shooting fireworks

Then what? and what should i start as?

if you're going to be a minmaxing autist at least figure it out for yourself stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/

Magick archer fucking sucks you can't even play it until your level 200 unless you want shitty stats who wants to play it then?

>Forgot to buy my favourite armour from Madeleine's Shop
>Bad Business triggered
I hate myself so fucking much for forgetting this shit.

>go to get new pawns
>About 5 fem fighters named Asuna show up
Stop this

I unironically do, but people get "training" goofed up. Inclinations are a full table and shift constantly. Your actions help make them shift. Boom-different pawn behavior influenced directly by the arisen. I mean you can literally test this yourself, go bumrush enemies and spam go for an hour or two and you'll have a scather pawn.

Yes, and this is why you don't play melee when having ranger pawn.

Going assassin for 100 levels then sorcerer for 100 levels

In theory this should allow me to bring balance to the force, strong in any vocation I choose without being a one shotting demigod

Or should I just pick one vocation to 200 and embrace the godhood

Wich will be more fun?

Sorcerer is never a dumb pick.

just play a vocation you like, switch if you get bored or just to vary it up to get more augments

I'm hearing shit about rings in BBI that bust your discipline points up 50% and stack.
you can get at level 5 if you run straight through to duskmoon.

can anyone confirm

yep it's quite simple too, though the gargoyle might get you a few times if you're unlucky

PS4 or Xbox One?
Hi :)

Wiki "Ring of Perseverance" then look on youtube for a video to figure out the quick runthrough for it

I'm already post game.
Do you honestly think it's worth the trouble, I'll lose all my progress and port crystal placements.

It should be illegal to keep raven outside of the breeding chamber. make assassin. hes the most versatile and the strongest with conq and blast arrows anything dies within 10 seconds

not worth the trouble, it's just a cool thing to have early game to boost up vocation ranks without needing the post game method

Stat gains soft cap at 100, dumbass.

what matters most is the weapons and augments you have.

You think so? I just wanna fight the urdragon, you may be right.

How does this look?
stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as005a0000000000000000000000283c000000

Is my loli not cute enough to get mass hires?

stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#as00000000000000005a000000000000000064 i prefer this one

Do you not know how NG+/Hard Mode works? You won't lose any of your Port Crystal placements, you'll just need to get to Gran Soren to get your Eternal Ferrystone again.

If i do that should i make my pawn Ranger?
and how do you make a assassin just pick strider and then switch to assassin as soon as level 10? then go to 200?
pls respond i have severe ocd

Tbqfhwy family lolis are incredibly overdone. If they have shit inclinations or skills it's an even harder pass.

Loli are so 2015, think bigger user

user, what is this?

Don't worry user, I'll gladly hire her and send her on the trip of a lifetime off of the top of Bluemoon Tower.

Really? that's way to low stamina
and damage

If I like to stay at range and use bows/spells would a fighter be a good pawn to have? I'd want it do the opposite of me, get in the face of enemies to draw attention away from me but people seem to say it'll follow my lead. Should I just stay back and spam up D pad to get it to do what I want?

>make husbando pawn
>only two hires

you can make your pawn anything it doesn't matter. starting fighter gives you a little bit more attack since you're ocd

If you want more stamina, go for strider up to lv 10 then swap to assassin up to 200. If you want more physical attack go fighter for the first ten then swap to assassin for the rest. Ranger/strider pawns are all good. only do this if you want to min max, it will take you weeks to get up to lv200 without farming daimon in hardmode

Make your pawn whatever you like, seriously go try out vocations on them and see what works best for you.
Yes, you can switch vocations at any time after 10. For an assassin, both fighter and warrior have really good augments when maxed that you probably want to pick up, and have great gains. Ranger will give you extra stamina as well.

Make sure your pawns inclinations are scather/mitigator/challenger and you should be okay

Put scather/mitigator or challenger on the fighter, report back. You should be fine.

But user! She's a fighter and small so she can defend against giant monsters!
I appreciate it user!

This is almost cute.

Okay thanks i'm debating on assassin/magick archer
and sorcerer/ranger for my pawn

Very unambiguous answers, thanks lads

>assassin/magick archer
Top tier taste

This game needs co-op and pvp so badly.

never ever

Thanks
i'v decided that i'm going to go strider then assassin as soon as i get in gran soren
then after i hit level 100 or more i might put some levels in sorcerer and become a magic archer
what do you think i should make my pawn? i'm thinking sorcerer or ranger

Please just do it, PLEASE JUST DO IT

capcom don't have the money/expertise to port this game to the west without fucking something up
they should just hire the guys doing the fan translations and give them an actual group to make an official translation and let everyone keep using VPN's to play

Post fashion.

>dude called his pawn 'Mage'

I know it's none of my business but fuck how do people play without giving their main companion even a semblance of personality?

The same autists who have to calculate their stats for the 'optimal' build.

How dare you user, the tale of Ma'ge S'pellcaster is one of storied old; their winding journey from start to princess dressed guardian is truly a heartwarming tale.

Shoe is on the other foot here. I get way too into creating backstories because DD is one of the best games in years for this
I did a brief stint as a writefag in the old general where I created stories for your pawns

>PVP
Yeah that's exactly what we need, periapt-pumped vim-sucking, blast arrow competitions.

Assassin would be so broken it's not funny
Invisibility = gg red classes

tfw to autistic to play video games
i got dragons dogma yesterday and i never even started it i'v just been planning characters and thinking about playing it for over 20 hours

To add to my original irk, he also picked the lowest voice possible so Mage, who never shuts the fuck up, sounds like a Warcraft 3 enemy.

Annoyingly he has the best set of spells out of all the male pawns at my level. Trying to keep all the different voices in my party so I don't have 4 Laura Baileys yelling into my ear for hours on end

She did a good job of the voice tho

>call my pawn mage
>class is strider
someone lock me up

Do you guys play with subs on?

Yeah since I use the Japanese VAs so I don't have to be pelted with 'wolves travel in packs Arisen' every 2 min.

Tis weak to ice and fire both

Were graphics everything they did for the last PC patch? Was hoping we'd get official DS4 prompts.

>MORE FUN THAN A BARREL OF MONKEYS TIER
Fighter
Warrior
Sorcerer (quad casting)
Mystic Knight (up close)

>FUN TIER
Strider
Sorcerer (dual casting)

>OKAY TIER
Sorcerer
Assassin

>BORING TIER
Mage
Ranger
Mystic Knight (abusing cannons from afar)

>EVERYTHING DIES TOO FAST FOR ANY FUN TIER
Magick Archer

>Fighter at the top
MY MAN

I can't find my "this man is so objectively correct there is no room for argument" reaction image
Pretend I posted it, and move strider up one or two

Strider should be at the top as well if you grab mobility stuff and ensnare

sorry if this has been asked before but how do i get online running on the ps4? the option to turn it on is blacked out both in game and at the main menu. thanks in advanced.

Has anyone checked if inflection or other augments got fixed?

Are you signed into psn and showing online?

yup.

You're a shining star
No matter who you are
Shining bright to see
What you can truly be

So I played this on the ps3, and wouldn't even have known it was back if not for Calm Captain. Will my arisen and pawn carry over? Or will I have to start all over?

>I keep screaming but the Arisen doesn't hear me

Do you have PS+? Might finally answer whether it's necessary or not.

Sorry, bud. It's a fresh start.

Fuuuuuuuuck. I'm going to miss my eternal Ferrystone too now that I think about it