/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #981 - Hot Shelter Edition.

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jmPD_crSKWU
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
ebay.com/itm/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Chao-Mood-Keychain-READ-DESCRIPTION-/172906349335?hash=item2842058317:g:euoAAOSwJm1Z1WDI
youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc
youtube.com/watch?v=jE_K3wV2Ml4
youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y
info.sonicretro.org/Category:Levels_with_a_spooky/supernatural_theme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sonic is stupid!

first for forces feels friggin fantastic

RIP

RUDE!

*collides*

You've played it?

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Sonic is cool!

Has there been any news about the IDW comics lately? I haven't been keeping up

He's a big blue rat!

I got to play the demo for about 20 seconds but it felt pretty good. Modern Sonic anyway

Launching in April 2018 and Hesse is involved.

>releases April 2018
>Hesse provided art for a flyer, likely involved
>features characters old and new, but we're not sure what they specifically mean by that

They're doing a panel on Sunday so more info then.

Sally's dead lol

I don't think I will ever get used to Roger Craig Smith. Jason has always been the definitive Sonic voice to me. He sounds like the cheesy shounen anime protagonist Sonic should be.

I got some sprites from spriter-resource
i noticed there put in squares, 256x256 (on left)
out of curiosity I placed a few over a level map (on right)
to my surprise the geometry matches up
so are the real levels constructed with these squares or is it the way these sprite hackers organise the assets?

if the levels are set out like this It would make rom hacking simplier to plan.

Top tier edition, OP

On an unrelated note, why do people feel like it's stupid for Sonic to get serious just because they look like funny cartoon animals? I don't understand why their appearances would play a role on how seriously a story could take itself. I feel like all the issues with Sonic adapting a serious tone, such as in Shadow the Hedgehog and 06, were genuine writing problems and not just the sheer nature of "look it's taking itself seriously". If any such story is well-written then how they look should be irrelevant.

Hot Shelter is from Adventure 1 though, Hot Crater is Advance 2. There's quality music in all the Hot Shelter's.

>start enjoying BEEP BEEP because of this place
>can't find any lewds of them
Thanks a lot beep beep poster, you faggot.

>Hot Shelter edition
>Hot Crater OP

Yeah. If you wanna look at a great Sonic story with a darker, more serious tone just look at Sonic CD.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

We're nearing the end, folks! First of last 4-5 days of the Sonic X 4Kids marathon begins at cytu,be/r/sthg

youtube.com/watch?v=jmPD_crSKWU

There are only 32 days left until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, there are just thirty-two (two to the fifth) days left until Sonic Forces is released in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

Now you must suffer as I have. You're welcome.

Papa bless.

I used to have pet rats and when they were happy they smelled like grape soda. So maybe

Which two characters seem like they'd be secret BFFs?

Sorry, I'm tired and wanted the thread up in good time.

These vids makes the wait for Forces better. Good job, user!

How could you tell they were happy?

Shadow and Knuckles

>BEEP BEEP in the thread

I am happy

Looking at the vintage pieces that you have gets me a bit envious. They look pretty neat.

>How could you tell they were happy?
by their body language, especially their ears. If their ears are perked up but not facing straightforward like they're actively listening for something, it means they're relaxed and content. Some of them will also grind their teeth too

Source?

Hope you sleep well when you do, user.

Thanks, I'll do so after beating off.

>inb4 autistic screeching

ebay.com/itm/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Chao-Mood-Keychain-READ-DESCRIPTION-/172906349335?hash=item2842058317:g:euoAAOSwJm1Z1WDI

"Please DO NOT click "Buy It Now". I don't have the item. This is my way of trying to obtain the item that's listed. I haven't been able to find a website that sells this keychain. If you know anyone that possess this keychain or you possess it yourself, please send me a message and we can discuss of a possible transaction. The image above is not mine; I got it from Google.

PLEASE NOTE: I will accept the keychain only in "Brand New" or "Unopened" condition. I will accept all sellers worldwide."

But why use Ebay?

If the Eggman Empire existed in our world, where would the heartland of said empire be? I imagine that Eggman would set up base in Antarctica since it's the only piece of unclaimed land left on this planet. Though I bet the international community wouldn't like some fat fuck whose probably taking his micro-state hobby/fantasy too far/seriously violating the Antarctic Treaty System.

But then again, Eggman isn't exactly the kind of guy who would give a shit about international agreements, or environmentalism for that matter. Hell, the Eggman Empire would probably be like North Korea with a bigger budget.

He's also really mean.

what's the sonic equivalent of this

>are the real levels contructed this way
yes. however only sonic 1 uses 256px x 256px. sonic 2 and sonic 3 use 128px x 128px. you could still plan out levels the way you're going since four (2 by 2) 128px tiles will fit into a single 256px tile

You're late permavirgins. I was worried.

Tails doing that to Sonic's chilidog in front of him

spongebob = sega
chocolate = sonic 1 & 2 remastered PC releases
patrick = us

I think that one is from Pokewanko. Check his pixiv. Even if it isn't his he has some good stuff.

Is that Silver and Blaze as kids? That's cute as fuck.

i'll give those a look

What's the general opinion of /sthg/ on mania and forces?

I think the majority like Mania with Forces being mixed, but most still cautiously optimistic.

Forces is mixed, although the few people here who's played a demo of it said good things about it & Mania is mostly positive, although some don't care for it

I usually find some permavirgins whenever I go beep beep hunting.

The permavirgins just got a bit held up!

There needs to be more art like that.

Speaking of character VA's, has Tails ever had a great voice?
Honestly at best, I can only just tolerate hearing him whenever he has lines.

>I usually find some permavirgins whenever I go beep beep hunting.
The same thing usually happens to me in the reverse

*destroys your machine*

There needs to be more fanart of Sonic's friends getting high with each other.

Bonus points if said Sonic's friends as stoners fan art includes the beep beeps and the permavirgins.

Makes sense. They are the best ships.

Would you rape a Sonic character?

The internet will be insufferable if Forces sucks, won't it?

I won't know since I'll be leaving Sonic related areas of the internet when it releases as I wait for the crack

no because im not a degenerate furry, i only rape human men, they get so ashamed they never report it.

The internet is already pretty insufferable with people living their lives online and shoving their politics into everything, Forces sucking would be a passing fling.

>red Tails with mom hair
no

Absolutely.
Look at Buddy he's just asking to be taken advantage of.

True, they go hand in hand as perfection.
I hope there's Shadouge moments in Forces.

I'm pretty sure there's quite a few pictures of the permavirgins doing that... considering the pot head and "blaze".
Lemme see what I can do for you user

> Shadow and Silver thinking they have a chance with Rouge and Blaze
> when they visibly prefer other guys

both cucks the two of you bwauhauhauha

they'll poke fun at the plot but I don't think it'll be bad enough to gain notoriety like 06 or Boom.

>i only rape human men, they get so ashamed they never report it
l-lewd

I hate it when people do this. I used to collect Pokemon merchandise and this garbage was so common. "I'm trying to find this extremely rare plush at a decent price and it has to be brand new. US sellers only." Aren't we all

No, only consensual, loving sex.

all the popular ecelebs are ready to play the game day 1 and shit on it regardless of how good it is and spread their cancer to the rest of the Internet

Was the internet a mistake?

they'll win the rougebowl/blazebowl in the end, their male hedgehog privilege makes it so
nega, no bully

Rouge and Blaze will get tired of riding chad dick and will realize they had good men alongside them all along

I really wish people would stop going to ecelebs to judge games instead of just trying it out for themselves. If you don't want to spend money on something you might hate just download the crack and uninstall it if you hate it. If your argument is "this game sucks because randomdouche663 said so" you lose all respect in my book.

Is Sonic copping a feel?

Knuckles is the best character in the series

He's cool and gangsta

Knuckles is black people

I wish Knuckles was actually a main character and Sonic's rival instead of just "one of Sonic's friends - you know, that red guy who tags along sometimes." I want to see Sonic and Knuckles fight again and not because Eggman tricked him.

it's October, please tell me you guys are playing this on loop
youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc

youtube.com/watch?v=jE_K3wV2Ml4

I play this on loop year round

I play that on loop everyday no matter what day it is.

Also, this one
youtube.com/watch?v=WosV9Y4l79Y

I always wanted to try pumpkin soup because of this song but I've never gotten around to making some. Has anyone ever had it?

Okay I don't know what happened here.

Knuckles is jamaican me crazy

They should make a side series starring other characters like Eggman or Team Chaotix. They could call it Sonic Universe, like the comics. Imagine a game starring Eggman that's like that Misadventures of Tron Bonne game. Or a point and click adventure game starring the Chaotix! Man, so many cool ideas. Too bad Sonic Team are lame and don't do cool things anymore.

>October
How many levels would be considered as spooky/supernatural?

info.sonicretro.org/Category:Levels_with_a_spooky/supernatural_theme

Nah, it sounds interesting but I'd rather make a Pumpkin Pie